Comments
81 - 100 of 103 Comments Last updated Mar 21, 2008
swanie

Hilo, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92
Jan 9, 2008
 
xxTAxx wrote:
but she should be very proud to see how so many christians feel for her situation.......... even iL prince whom hardhead calls il moro n, stood up compassionately.
:oD I agree he or she should be very proud how many chrisitnas feel for her/his situtions.
Jan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#93
Jan 10, 2008
 
Hardhead... Is that really you holding the sign in the third picture????

http://www.themiddleeastnow.com/musnazi.html
Hardhead wrote:
TA,
Do not forget the Holocaust!
Peace

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94
Jan 27, 2008
 
There is absolutely no mention in the Quran about this 72 virgin idea. It is just anti-Islamic propaganda. Please read the Quran and you will find out that this is not mentioned anywhere. Peace be on you.

Love for all, hatred for none.
Peace

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95
Jan 27, 2008
 
The 72 Virgins Myth
The Myth: Muhammad Promised 72 Female Virgins for Martyrs.

Source: wakeupfromyourslumber (The Truth Will Set You Free)
Original article taken from: ewadah.com , By Muhammad Ridzwan Rahmat

The Truth: Prophet Muhammad has never made any promise on any kinds of sexual gratifications in the after life, much less on the alleged 72 virgins.

It seems to be the staple ammunition for attacking Islam. Mention the atrocities and suicide bombings that are being committed by Muslims around the world and you get the same response – they are doing it for the “virgins in heaven”.

In various Internet forums and conventional media, Muhammad has been accused of luring foot soldiers, past and present, with promise of eternal copulation in the afterlife. In the process Islam has been tainted with a dubiously sexual tint. Islam seems to be the path where sex-hungry young men can end their lives into a promise of endless erotica.

The simple truth is, there is nothing in the Quran or Hadith that has ever promised this. Every Muslim knows it.

Muslims have never been cajoled into doing deeds for the religion in promise of posthumous sex.

As Muslims, we must never condone suicidal activities that take away the lives of innocents. They are against the teachings of the Prophet. The vilification on the alleged “virgins of paradise” must be dismissed at all costs.

So how did the issue of the 72 virgins even come about?

It all started on August 19th, 2001 in CBS studios, USA. This was just a month before the 9/11 attacks.

The American TV network was broadcasting a program called 60 Minutes. It was featuring a special report on the militant group Hamas and included the translation of an interview between an American journalist and the Hamas functionary Muhammad Abu Wardeh. In the interview, Abu Wardeh was describing how martyrs will be accompanied by the “hur’ain” in heaven.

At issue in this interview was the correct meaning of the Arabic word “hur’ain”. Translated to English, it means ‘angels’, with no gender connotations whatsoever. But the translators at CBS insisted that it means ‘virgins’. It carried on and broadcasted the translation as such.

Arabs all over the United States spotted the faulty translation and protested to the TV network.

Three experts of the Arabic languages, including Dr. Mather Hathout of the Islamic Centre of Southern California (now called Muslim Public Affairs Council) and Hafiz al-Mirazi Osman, the head Al-Jazeera’s Washington made official efforts to correct the translation.

But CBS still insisted that it means ‘virgins’. The faulty translation was never amended. From then on Islam became known as the sexually perverted religion that promises 72 “virgins” for those who gave up their lives for it.

The faulty translation took pace after the 9/11 attacks. Websites all over the world, especially those from the USA, began carrying distorted "translations" of verses from the Quran that interpret the word "hur'ain" as "virgins.

Muslims around the world were potrayed as devotess who were into the religion solely for the promise of sex.The damage was done and till today the faulty translation provides a sore point in the true understanding of Islam.

This myth is still rife today with various forms of distortions and connotations.
Peace

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#96
Jan 27, 2008
 
PLEASE UNDERSTAND AND QUESTION.

DO NOT GO BLINDLY.
Tjeerd

Brea, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98
Jan 28, 2008
 
‘Allah’, in fact, has a genealogy that can be traced through Yemen to Babylon, the mother of all idolatry. In Babylon, paganism began at the time of Nimrod, the alleged builder of the Tower of Babel. After the confusion of languages, Babylonian idolatry spread all over the world. Nimrod had been dei-fied and was known as Baal, Molech,.... and finally, as Allah. The Baal worship was conducted by sacrifices, prostrations and kissing the idol,(See I. Kings 19:18) which was the same type of service conducted at the Kaaba and other places in Arabia. There are also traces of a direct Baal worship among the Arabs: "And God helped him [King Uzziah of Juda] against the Philistines, and against the Arabians that dwelt in Gur-baal, and the Mehunims [probably Mineanites from Yemen]." (II Chron. 26:7) It was common to add Baal’s name to the city where he was worshipped and thus it was obviously so in Gur. Inscriptions with Baal’s name have been found in Central Arabia at some oasis where Arabian inhabitants had settled. The great scholar William Robertson Smith argues that the
Tjeerd

Brea, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#99
Jan 28, 2008
 
According to this page, the specific Hadith in which the number of virgins is specified is Hadith Al-Tirmidhi in the Book of Sunah (volume IV, chapters on The Features of Paradise as described by the Messenger of Allah, chapter 21, About the Smallest Reward for the People of Paradise. The same hadith is also quoted by Ibn Kathir in his Koranic commentary (Tafsir) of Surah Al-Rahman:
"The Prophet Muhammad was heard saying:'The smallest reward for the people of paradise is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine, and ruby, as wide as the distance from Al-Jabiyah [a Damascus suburb] to Sana'a [Yemen]."
So it isn't the case that only martyrs get the virgins, but the only way to get the virgins is to get to heaven, and Koran is quite specific that the only way to be certain of getting to heaven is to die in Jihad.
Peace wrote:
The 72 Virgins Myth
The Myth: Muhammad Promised 72 Female Virgins for Martyrs.
Source: wakeupfromyourslumber (The Truth Will Set You Free)
Original article taken from: ewadah.com , By Muhammad Ridzwan Rahmat
The Truth: Prophet Muhammad has never made any promise on any kinds of sexual gratifications in the after life, much less on the alleged 72 virgins.
It seems to be the staple ammunition for attacking Islam. Mention the atrocities and suicide bombings that are being committed by Muslims around the world and you get the same response – they are doing it for the “virgins in heaven”.
In various Internet forums and conventional media, Muhammad has been accused of luring foot soldiers, past and present, with promise of eternal copulation in the afterlife. In the process Islam has been tainted with a dubiously sexual tint. Islam seems to be the path where sex-hungry young men can end their lives into a promise of endless erotica.
The simple truth is, there is nothing in the Quran or Hadith that has ever promised this. Every Muslim knows it.
Muslims have never been cajoled into doing deeds for the religion in promise of posthumous sex.
As Muslims, we must never condone suicidal activities that take away the lives of innocents. They are against the teachings of the Prophet. The vilification on the alleged “virgins of paradise” must be dismissed at all costs.
So how did the issue of the 72 virgins even come about?
It all started on August 19th, 2001 in CBS studios, USA. This was just a month before the 9/11 attacks.
The American TV network was broadcasting a program called 60 Minutes. It was featuring a special report on the militant group Hamas and included the translation of an interview between an American journalist and the Hamas functionary Muhammad Abu Wardeh. In the interview, Abu Wardeh was describing how martyrs will be accompanied by the “hur’ain” in heaven.
At issue in this interview was the correct meaning of the Arabic word “hur’ain”. Translated to English, it means ‘angels’, with no gender connotations whatsoever. But the translators at CBS insisted that it means ‘virgins’. It carried on and broadcasted the translation as such.
Arabs all over the United States spotted the faulty translation and protested to the TV network.
Three experts of the Arabic languages, including Dr. Mather Hathout of the Islamic Centre of Southern California (now called Muslim Public
swanie

Hilo, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100
Jan 28, 2008
 
Peace wrote:
There is absolutely no mention in the Quran about this 72 virgin idea. It is just anti-Islamic propaganda. Please read the Quran and you will find out that this is not mentioned anywhere. Peace be on you.
Love for all, hatred for none.
I am sure is mostly in they mind, but by muslim that want to blow them up and kill as many they can take with them. They say as many we can take with us, when we blow us up, Allah will let us have those virigns in paradise.

You should tell that to them muslim indeed that say that, not to us and well that's why so mnay of us think that that is true because those muslim that said so, they mentioned this by themself, not they anti islamic progrnada.
Ray of light

Guildford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#101
Jan 28, 2008
 
Tjeerd wrote:
According to this page, the specific Hadith in which the number of virgins is specified is Hadith Al-Tirmidhi in the Book of Sunah (volume IV, chapters on The Features of Paradise as described by the Messenger of Allah, chapter 21, About the Smallest Reward for the People of Paradise. The same hadith is also quoted by Ibn Kathir in his Koranic commentary (Tafsir) of Surah Al-Rahman:
"The Prophet Muhammad was heard saying:'The smallest reward for the people of paradise is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine, and ruby, as wide as the distance from Al-Jabiyah [a Damascus suburb] to Sana'a [Yemen]."
So it isn't the case that only martyrs get the virgins, but the only way to get the virgins is to get to heaven, and Koran is quite specific that the only way to be certain of getting to heaven is to die in Jihad.
<quoted text>
It seems muslims pick and choose what they want to believe from their religious texts.
Jan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#102
Jan 28, 2008
 
They are like sheep, they will follow Muhammad all the way to hell.
Ray of light wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems muslims pick and choose what they want to believe from their religious texts.
Ray of light

Barking, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103
Jan 28, 2008
 
Jan wrote:
They are like sheep, they will follow Muhammad all the way to hell.
<quoted text>
I'd say they are more like goats.
The 73rd Virgin

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104
Feb 12, 2008
 
whatever- even muslims think they will have the 72 virgins...so does that mean they worship CBS Studios?
Rock In Paradise

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#105
Feb 29, 2008
 
I looked it up too- no virgins in heaven, but a lot of good wine and but you never get drunk. that kinda sucks.
abraham

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#106
Feb 29, 2008
 
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
[109:1] Say, "O you disbelievers.
[109:2] "I do not worship what you worship.
[109:3] "Nor do you worship what I worship.
[109:4] "Nor will I ever worship what you worship.
[109:5] "Nor will you ever worship what I worship.
[109:6] "To you is your religion, and to me is my religion."

So impossible all mankind believe in the same thing
smith1

Tomball, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107
Mar 7, 2008
 
Peace wrote:
There is absolutely no mention in the Quran about this 72 virgin idea. It is just anti-Islamic propaganda. Please read the Quran and you will find out that this is not mentioned anywhere. Peace be on you.
Love for all, hatred for none.
Sounds good to mentally distrubed people, etc who are talked into putting a load of explosives around their waist and walking into a group of of old men, women and children and blowing them to hell.
Tjeerd

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#108
Mar 7, 2008
 
See Even Muhammad warned you Muslims not to worship him, when your next to him in hell he can say you have been warned.
abraham wrote:
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
[109:1] Say, "O you disbelievers.
[109:2] "I do not worship what you worship.
[109:3] "Nor do you worship what I worship.
[109:4] "Nor will I ever worship what you worship.
[109:5] "Nor will you ever worship what I worship.
[109:6] "To you is your religion, and to me is my religion."
So impossible all mankind believe in the same thing

MDN

“God Forgives You! G.F.Y.”

Since: Feb 08

St.Clair Shores Since 1957

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#109
Mar 7, 2008
 
Peace wrote:
The 72 Virgins Myth
The Myth: Muhammad Promised 72 Female Virgins for Martyrs.
Source: wakeupfromyourslumber (The Truth Will Set You Free)
Original article taken from: ewadah.com , By Muhammad Ridzwan Rahmat
The Truth: Prophet Muhammad has never made any promise on any kinds of sexual gratifications in the after life, much less on the alleged 72 virgins.
It seems to be the staple ammunition for attacking Islam. Mention the atrocities and suicide bombings that are being committed by Muslims around the world and you get the same response – they are doing it for the “virgins in heaven”.
In various Internet forums and conventional media, Muhammad has been accused of luring foot soldiers, past and present, with promise of eternal copulation in the afterlife. In the process Islam has been tainted with a dubiously sexual tint. Islam seems to be the path where sex-hungry young men can end their lives into a promise of endless erotica.
The simple truth is, there is nothing in the Quran or Hadith that has ever promised this. Every Muslim knows it.
Muslims have never been cajoled into doing deeds for the religion in promise of posthumous sex.
As Muslims, we must never condone suicidal activities that take away the lives of innocents. They are against the teachings of the Prophet. The vilification on the alleged “virgins of paradise” must be dismissed at all costs.
So how did the issue of the 72 virgins even come about?
It all started on August 19th, 2001 in CBS studios, USA. This was just a month before the 9/11 attacks.
The American TV network was broadcasting a program called 60 Minutes. It was featuring a special report on the militant group Hamas and included the translation of an interview between an American journalist and the Hamas functionary Muhammad Abu Wardeh. In the interview, Abu Wardeh was describing how martyrs will be accompanied by the “hur’ain” in heaven.
At issue in this interview was the correct meaning of the Arabic word “hur’ain”. Translated to English, it means ‘angels’, with no gender connotations whatsoever. But the translators at CBS insisted that it means ‘virgins’. It carried on and broadcasted the translation as such.
Arabs all over the United States spotted the faulty translation and protested to the TV network.
Three experts of the Arabic languages, including Dr. Mather Hathout of the Islamic Centre of Southern California (now called Muslim Public Affairs Council) and Hafiz al-Mirazi Osman, the head Al-Jazeera’s Washington made official efforts to correct the translation.
But CBS still insisted that it means ‘virgins’. The faulty translation was never amended. From then on Islam became known as the sexually perverted religion that promises 72 “virgins” for those who gave up their lives for it.
The faulty translation took pace after the 9/11 attacks. Websites all over the world, especially those from the USA, began carrying distorted "translations" of verses from the Quran that interpret the word "hur'ain" as "virgins.
Muslims around the world were potrayed as devotess who were into the religion solely for the promise of sex.The damage was done and till today the faulty translation provides a sore point in the true understanding of Islam.
This myth is still rife today with various forms of distortions and connotations.
Thank you for this information ,I can believe this to be the truth.
Jan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#110
Mar 7, 2008
 
The truth is described below, read the hadith as mentioned by the guy below. Many Muslim were show this verse, why do you think they actually go blow themself up, they must have read it for themself. Don't take our words for it go research on your own, you will find the truth.
Tjeerd wrote:
According to this page, the specific Hadith in which the number of virgins is specified is Hadith Al-Tirmidhi in the Book of Sunah (volume IV, chapters on The Features of Paradise as described by the Messenger of Allah, chapter 21, About the Smallest Reward for the People of Paradise. The same hadith is also quoted by Ibn Kathir in his Koranic commentary (Tafsir) of Surah Al-Rahman:
"The Prophet Muhammad was heard saying:'The smallest reward for the people of paradise is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine, and ruby, as wide as the distance from Al-Jabiyah [a Damascus suburb] to Sana'a [Yemen]."
So it isn't the case that only martyrs get the virgins, but the only way to get the virgins is to get to heaven, and Koran is quite specific that the only way to be certain of getting to heaven is to die in Jihad.
<quoted text>
Jorge

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#112
Mar 21, 2008
 
I thought it was 72 white grapes peeled by virgins?
smith1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113
Mar 21, 2008
 
Hardhead wrote:
<quoted text>
TA,
Do not forget that 6 million Jews were slaughtered(Holocaust) by Christians for no reason but they were Jews...
what christians? Holocaust by chritians-what you been smoking-The few chirtians in Germany, etch were slaughtered too, or kept their mouth shut. Calling Hitlers ss christian--you got to be joking.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Denmark Forum right now

Search the Denmark Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Did Jesus Call Jews Children of the Devil? (Sep '10) Jul 18 Scott D 77
Do you speak Danish and want to start your care... Jul 17 Jobs for Danish speakers 1
Islamic Republic of Denmark Jul 17 abdullah 5
Sword in the Bible and the Qur'an. (Mar '12) Jul 15 safwan 28
Why Denmark Sucks: Some Truths About This Country! (Sep '11) Jul 10 Minty 81
Afford to be in contact with all the students i... Jul 6 Mr D 1
DESTROY ISLAM BEFORE IT DESTROYS THE WoRLD!!! (Mar '08) Jul 5 markx 2,496
•••
•••