german military report: the turks wer...

german military report: the turks were right to react

Posted in the Cyprus Forum

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1 Mar 19, 2013
The German weekly Der Spiegel magazine has released an article stating that the incidents that surfaced between Turkish and German forces deployed in Kahramanmaraş to oversee the Patriot anti-missile battery systems were due to errors on behalf of the German troops.

The German weekly Der Spiegel magazine recently wrote that the German soldiers were responsible for the tension which developed with the Turkish troops in Kahramanmaras. According to the report, it was the actions of the German troops that led to the contention. When German Minister of Defense Thomas de Maiziere paid a visit to the barracks where the German troops were stationed to oversee the operations of the Patriot systems in Kahramanmaras, German soldiers attempted to close off the road to traffic, stopping vehicles that were transporting Turkish military members who were part of Maiziere's convoy, which led to escalation of tension.
According to the Der Spiegel report, the German soldiers "intervened when they had no right to do so". The article quotes a report submitted by the German military operations department to the Ministry of Defence as stating, "The German soldiers had no authority to be there or to block off the road. The Turkish side's reaction is understandable, because they were right."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cyprus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Why Turkish girls like Kurdish men? (Feb '10) Wed I wont tell you 118
GREEK "the MOST BEAUTIFUL LANGUAGE IN THE WORLD" (Nov '09) Nov 22 Angela 61
Why Istanbul[Constantinoble] is Greek? Nov 20 Rockstar 3
was makarios gay (Aug '07) Nov 18 Kokos 93
Turkish people are so ugly. (Oct '08) Nov '16 cool1 939
Neo-Hellenic Culture of Fake Greece, Made in Ge... (Jan '15) Oct '16 Historian 5
Western Turkey is still Greek.... (Feb '09) Oct '16 IOANNIS 119
More from around the web