A Turk wanted to date a Greek Cypriot...

A Turk wanted to date a Greek Cypriot girl.

Posted in the Cyprus Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Aristodimos

United States

#1 Aug 28, 2011
A young new immigrant was going to this Deli in Manhattan almost every day to get a Sandwich or a coffee.He was living in an apartment above the Deli.He liked the girl that was in the register.One day,he said to her,I'm a new arrival in NY city from Eastern Europe and I need somebody to give me a tour.The girl said,you seem like a nice guy,I would give you the tour.After she drove him around,the young man said:"Lets go to a nice restaurant,a friend of mine works there as a waiter"The girl agrees and they go to this restaurant.They get the menu and the girl sees that was everything in Turkish.She drops the menu on the floor and she walks away.The next day,the young man goes to the Deli and argues with the girl why she left him alone.Then the owner of the Deli comes around and tell him that I'm a Greek Cypriot and that girl in the register is my daughter.Now get the hell out of here before a crab the knife..........
Skint Bubble

Glasgow, UK

#2 Aug 28, 2011
Here in London,
I know of two TC's married (with kids) to GC girls!
These are family members!
I don't hate Greeks, they are family!
No reunification is still the best policy.
news

Winfield, IL

#3 Aug 28, 2011
Aristodimos wrote:
A young new immigrant was going to this Deli in Manhattan almost every day to get a Sandwich or a coffee.He was living in an apartment above the Deli.He liked the girl that was in the register.One day,he said to her,I'm a new arrival in NY city from Eastern Europe and I need somebody to give me a tour.The girl said,you seem like a nice guy,I would give you the tour.After she drove him around,the young man said:"Lets go to a nice restaurant,a friend of mine works there as a waiter"The girl agrees and they go to this restaurant.They get the menu and the girl sees that was everything in Turkish.She drops the menu on the floor and she walks away.The next day,the young man goes to the Deli and argues with the girl why she left him alone.Then the owner of the Deli comes around and tell him that I'm a Greek Cypriot and that girl in the register is my daughter.Now get the hell out of here before a crab the knife..........
The moral of the story:

1. GC in the most cosmopolitan city of the world, still has his young daughter working full time for him instead of offering her education.

2. His daughter is not very bright to accept to be a tour guide to a stranger in New York City. Not afraid of strangers in the big city but terrified to have diner with another young man in the safe environment of a restaurant.

3. She is brainwashed enough to know that him being a Turk was all that matters in young people. She is obviously taught to hate the Turks and has no feelings of her own.

4. She is rude and primitive to just walk out of a restaurant as a guest without an explanation to the young man.

5. Her father's threats to grab a knife are a good example of how hateful and racists the GCs are. His threats were barbaric and illegal and needed the attention of the NYPD

The above story is not something to be proud of Aristodimos because it proves how the two communities could never live together and separation is inevitable. Also, it proves that the GCs are not very well adapted in the outside world. Young people are normally more open minded, less racist and more accepting of others. The young girl is controlled by her father's stereotypes and is not much of a free thinker even in the presence of innocent attraction towards her by a young man. Instead of feeling flattered by this young man's attention, she focused on his ethnicity and ran to her dad.

Very romantic person indeed and the moral of the story is love is second to ethnicity for brainwashed children.
LOL

London, UK

#4 Aug 28, 2011
Skint Bubble wrote:
No reunification is still the best policy.
Yeah, so you can keep your property investments of GC lands in the occupied north! You, Derfishy Errorglue and Turk in London are all the same.
Aristodimos

United States

#5 Aug 28, 2011
news wrote:
<quoted text>
The moral of the story:
1. GC in the most cosmopolitan city of the world, still has his young daughter working full time for him instead of offering her education.
2. His daughter is not very bright to accept to be a tour guide to a stranger in New York City. Not afraid of strangers in the big city but terrified to have diner with another young man in the safe environment of a restaurant.
3. She is brainwashed enough to know that him being a Turk was all that matters in young people. She is obviously taught to hate the Turks and has no feelings of her own.
4. She is rude and primitive to just walk out of a restaurant as a guest without an explanation to the young man.
5. Her father's threats to grab a knife are a good example of how hateful and racists the GCs are. His threats were barbaric and illegal and needed the attention of the NYPD
1.His daughter was in college.She was working at the register during the summer and weekends.

2.The guy never told her from the beginning that he was a Turk from mainland Turkey.He was trying to hide the fact that he was a Turk.

3.The Greek Cypriot girl was originally from Northern Cyprus.Her family lost everything.They were refugees.She also had a missing uncle.

4.Why he took her to a Turkish restaurant.If I was in his place,I would take her to a Greek restaurant and show her appreciation and respect for her own culture.

5.Greek Cypriots get married to many different ethnic groups,even Chinese,Koreans,Philippines.Th ese guys are not chauvinists and threat to our existence.

The moral of the story.If your deceitful and not truthful you wil pay the price,one way or another.
Guy

Istanbul, Turkey

#6 Aug 28, 2011
Aristodimos wrote:
<quoted text>
1.His daughter was in college.She was working at the register during the summer and weekends.
2.The guy never told her from the beginning that he was a Turk from mainland Turkey.He was trying to hide the fact that he was a Turk.
3.The Greek Cypriot girl was originally from Northern Cyprus.Her family lost everything.They were refugees.She also had a missing uncle.
4.Why he took her to a Turkish restaurant.If I was in his place,I would take her to a Greek restaurant and show her appreciation and respect for her own culture.
5.Greek Cypriots get married to many different ethnic groups,even Chinese,Koreans,Philippines.Th ese guys are not chauvinists and threat to our existence.
The moral of the story.If your deceitful and not truthful you wil pay the price,one way or another.
Did She put out though??
news

Winfield, IL

#7 Aug 28, 2011
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, so you can keep your property investments of GC lands in the occupied north! You, Derfishy Errorglue and Turk in London are all the same.
Reunification for the GCs like you is all about investments while for the TCs is about safety. On this forum, GCs made it very clear that they hate TCs because they are inferior to the GCs, they hate them because they are not as educated and attractive as the GCs, they wish them death because they want Cyprus to be all Greek. You have honestly explained the reasons of separating the two communities and the TCs justifiably so agree with you and would rather live separately for their safety and the welfare of their families.

What is your problem now? You have the right to worry about your investments in the north but they are unreasonable for worrying about their safety and becoming second hand citizens to the GCs?

Sorry boys, you can't have the cake and eat it too. people first, houses and investments second. That is how the civilized world sees this case and realize that your houses in the north were lost because of bad decisions made by your government and its people. Your government has been making plenty of irresponsible decisions and allowed Turkey to foreclose on your parents houses. Instead of fighting back to pay the debt of your parents and make wrong right, you sat and whined for 37 years. your procrastination allowed others to settle in your house and make it their own.

You claim it is not fair and your loss is tangible. TCs losses are also tangible but being a minority their numbers were smaller.
The war in 74 was not about the number of houses or the value of the land. It was about people, their lives, their welfare and the violations of their rights. You look back and see lost inheritance, TCs look back and think of atrocities and unjust treatment and betrayal towards their families by their own compatriots. Your are after restoring your investment or inheritance, TCs are demanding equal rights, humain treatment and safe environment for them and their families to thrive. Not fair, you claim? As the initial perpetrator, you have no say in the future of people you had tried to exterminate. Stop focusing on the consequences of 74 and think a bit on the cause of of 74. If you had supported its cause prior to 74, you have no right to be upset on its consequences.
news

Winfield, IL

#8 Aug 28, 2011
Aristodimos wrote:
<quoted text>
1.His daughter was in college.She was working at the register during the summer and weekends.
2.The guy never told her from the beginning that he was a Turk from mainland Turkey.He was trying to hide the fact that he was a Turk.
3.The Greek Cypriot girl was originally from Northern Cyprus.Her family lost everything.They were refugees.She also had a missing uncle.
4.Why he took her to a Turkish restaurant.If I was in his place,I would take her to a Greek restaurant and show her appreciation and respect for her own culture.
5.Greek Cypriots get married to many different ethnic groups,even Chinese,Koreans,Philippines.Th ese guys are not chauvinists and threat to our existence.
The moral of the story.If your deceitful and not truthful you wil pay the price,one way or another.
What prize did this guy pay? She did him a favor. Who in his right mind would want that girl in his life or her father as father in law?

Are you saying that this guy should have given her his birthplace information when he had asked her to show him New York? When was the last time you went out with a girl Aristodimso?
He didn't ask her on a date, he just found the excuse of the need to tour NYC to spend time with her and get to know her. Did she reveal to him she was a GC? Why should he if she didn't have to?

You talk about the TCs like they are a sexual desease and should be disclosed to all people they date. If one is proud of his ethnicity, he has no need to advertise it or feel ashamed of it. Ethnicity has nothing to do with an innocent meet of two young people. The meet of the minds, the interaction and ideas in common are more important than the ethnicity or the political situation of their perspective countries.

I agree with you that many GCs do start introduction with "I am Greek" afraid of being mistaken for somebody else. That is an insecurity and should have no place in the twenty first century.
As a lady, my priority before I go out with someone is to make sure I know enough on that person for safety reasons, is respectful and we share ideas and interests to make the outing fun.

This guy didn't ask her in marriage, just a diner for an innocent, fun time. He is obviously proud of his ethnicity and wanted to show off his traditions by taking her to a Turkish restaurant. Making friends and socializing doesn't mean we all have to be from the same country, the same profession or need our parents approval. It makes more sense to me if she had used the opportunity to find out from the young man his opinion on the Cypriot cause and discuss her position on the subject. Curiosity makes us learn, stereotypes perpetuate hatred and isolation.

As for her education, I doubt that such individual stepped foot in a university. Young people enjoy learning and interacting with other young people. She ran away to dad like she had discovered a ghost. Was she surprised that Turks do exist in the US? If she is a young person, she obviously had not experienced the war but I am glad you threw in the uncle to justify her reaction
news

Winfield, IL

#9 Aug 28, 2011
Aristodimos wrote:
<quoted text>
1.His daughter was in college.She was working at the register during the summer and weekends.
2.The guy never told her from the beginning that he was a Turk from mainland Turkey.He was trying to hide the fact that he was a Turk.
3.The Greek Cypriot girl was originally from Northern Cyprus.Her family lost everything.They were refugees.She also had a missing uncle.
4.Why he took her to a Turkish restaurant.If I was in his place,I would take her to a Greek restaurant and show her appreciation and respect for her own culture.
5.Greek Cypriots get married to many different ethnic groups,even Chinese,Koreans,Philippines.Th ese guys are not chauvinists and threat to our existence.
The moral of the story.If your deceitful and not truthful you wil pay the price,one way or another.
Did he hide the fact he is a Turk by taking her to a Turkish restaurant? Isn't that a sign that he is a proud Turk? Why do you always asssume that Turks are not proud of their heritage and traditions? His only mistake, if he knew she was Greek, was to assume that she is a normal young lady, with a mind of her own, open mind and capable to enjoy the company of a young man. How often to you see college aged ladies running to daddy to report on their male friends, let alone report and complain about his ethnicity.
Aristodimos

United States

#10 Aug 28, 2011
news wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he hide the fact he is a Turk by taking her to a Turkish restaurant? Isn't that a sign that he is a proud Turk? Why do you always asssume that Turks are not proud of their heritage and traditions? His only mistake, if he knew she was Greek, was to assume that she is a normal young lady, with a mind of her own, open mind and capable to enjoy the company of a young man. How often to you see college aged ladies running to daddy to report on their male friends, let alone report and complain about his ethnicity.
Some things do not need explanation.Obviously you think your a psychologist!!!!!Its just common sense!!!
Akritas

London, UK

#11 Aug 28, 2011
Any Greek Male or Female that Marries a Turk is a traitor.

This girl needs to be flogged.

I have already disowned 3 male cousins & 1 female cousin for marrying Turks.

Their kids will have to one day decide who to support when new flash points are created.
Agamemnon

London, UK

#12 Aug 28, 2011
Here is a little fact.
In the Byzantine army, there was a section of horse archers that were specifically from Greko-Turkish parentage. They were called "Mourtatoi"
It is none of our business who anybody and into what race they wished to marry. That includes Turks.
Perhaps one day they will be the peacemakers.
If my son ever decided to marry a Turkish girl she would be welcome into my family as would her family.
The rest is all BS.
Dervis Eroglu

Turkey

#14 Aug 29, 2011
Agamemnon wrote:
Here is a little fact.
In the Byzantine army, there was a section of horse archers that were specifically from Greko-Turkish parentage. They were called "Mourtatoi"
It is none of our business who anybody and into what race they wished to marry. That includes Turks.
Perhaps one day they will be the peacemakers.
If my son ever decided to marry a Turkish girl she would be welcome into my family as would her family.
The rest is all BS.
Bravo RE Agamemnon,
Tc In London

Johnstone, UK

#15 Aug 29, 2011
Akritas wrote:
Any Greek Male or Female that Marries a Turk is a traitor.
This girl needs to be flogged.
I have already disowned 3 male cousins & 1 female cousin for marrying Turks.
Their kids will have to one day decide who to support when new flash points are created.
you are so stupid

you have family which are turkish and you act the way you do?

BasileusConstant ineXI

“"Xeretismata stin Merkel"”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#16 Aug 29, 2011
Tc In London wrote:
<quoted text>
you are so stupid
you have family which are turkish and you act the way you do?
Be civil now.... no need to defile him as such...

Turkish family...what a disgrace
PIRATIS

Cyprus

#17 Aug 29, 2011
news wrote:
<quoted text>
What prize did this guy pay? She did him a favor. Who in his right mind would want that girl in his life or her father as father in law?
Are you saying that this guy should have given her his birthplace information when he had asked her to show him New York? When was the last time you went out with a girl Aristodimso?
He didn't ask her on a date, he just found the excuse of the need to tour NYC to spend time with her and get to know her. Did she reveal to him she was a GC? Why should he if she didn't have to?
You talk about the TCs like they are a sexual desease and should be disclosed to all people they date. If one is proud of his ethnicity, he has no need to advertise it or feel ashamed of it. Ethnicity has nothing to do with an innocent meet of two young people. The meet of the minds, the interaction and ideas in common are more important than the ethnicity or the political situation of their perspective countries.
I agree with you that many GCs do start introduction with "I am Greek" afraid of being mistaken for somebody else. That is an insecurity and should have no place in the twenty first century.
As a lady, my priority before I go out with someone is to make sure I know enough on that person for safety reasons, is respectful and we share ideas and interests to make the outing fun.
This guy didn't ask her in marriage, just a diner for an innocent, fun time. He is obviously proud of his ethnicity and wanted to show off his traditions by taking her to a Turkish restaurant. Making friends and socializing doesn't mean we all have to be from the same country, the same profession or need our parents approval. It makes more sense to me if she had used the opportunity to find out from the young man his opinion on the Cypriot cause and discuss her position on the subject. Curiosity makes us learn, stereotypes perpetuate hatred and isolation.
As for her education, I doubt that such individual stepped foot in a university. Young people enjoy learning and interacting with other young people. She ran away to dad like she had discovered a ghost. Was she surprised that Turks do exist in the US? If she is a young person, she obviously had not experienced the war but I am glad you threw in the uncle to justify her reaction
Re poutanaki mou ti ginesai?
Pos pan oi douleies sou?Gamiesai gamiesai?
Se pethymisa.
Akritas

London, UK

#18 Aug 29, 2011
Tc In London wrote:
<quoted text>
you are so stupid
you have family which are turkish and you act the way you do?
I have no wish to see these foolish Cousins again (they live in USA or Australia) but I bear them no ill-fortune.

Indeed one of the little half-breeds was named after me. A handsome little lad I remember. I used to tease him by calling him a Jannisary!!!!
Akritas

London, UK

#19 Aug 29, 2011
Agamemnon wrote:
Here is a little fact.
In the Byzantine army, there was a section of horse archers that were specifically from Greko-Turkish parentage. They were called "Mourtatoi"
It is none of our business who anybody and into what race they wished to marry. That includes Turks.
Perhaps one day they will be the peacemakers.
If my son ever decided to marry a Turkish girl she would be welcome into my family as would her family.
The rest is all BS.
If the Greek race had your attitude we would all be Turkish today!

But our forefathers who lived & died under Ottoman rule & had their children stolen were determined to remain Greek. You can only remain Greek if Greek marries Greek.
Dervis Eroglu

Turkey

#20 Aug 29, 2011
Akritas wrote:
Any Greek Male or Female that Marries a Turk is a traitor.
This girl needs to be flogged.
I have already disowned 3 male cousins & 1 female cousin for marrying Turks.
Their kids will have to one day decide who to support when new flash points are created.
RE its in your Turkish blood, has been for 100s of years,
you cant fight it, if Turks are out of your lives , you soon be protected spices and very soon after you will be dead as a dodo extinct,
Dervis Eroglu

Turkey

#21 Aug 29, 2011
Akritas wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Greek race had your attitude we would all be Turkish today!
But our forefathers who lived & died under Ottoman rule & had their children stolen were determined to remain Greek. You can only remain Greek if Greek marries Greek.
To late, much tooooooooooo late. come on Akritas it is time to give in and accept you are a Turksporo, you have The greatest stock of ottoman blood running through veins, be proud , and show off its the greatest gift you could have,
now say after me
Ne mutlu turkum diyene.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cyprus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Turks claim that there is a conspiracy to b... (Jun '13) Jan 18 Mkz6 43
Turks are barbarians? Yes with the rest of the ... (Jun '12) Jan 18 Mkz6 83
Poll TUKS hate GREEKS because.... (Mar '12) Jan 11 Mkz6 3
was makarios gay (Aug '07) Jan 6 Mkz6 94
Why Istanbul[Constantinoble] is Greek? Dec 26 Mkz6 5
Google - Greek volunteers in Serbian army Dec '16 Osam milenijuma 5
Greek volunteers in the Srebrenica Genocide (Dec '10) Dec '16 Osam milenijuma 84
More from around the web