Eurozone, IMF agree 10-bn-euro Cyprus...

Eurozone, IMF agree 10-bn-euro Cyprus bailout

There are 15 comments on the bangkokpost.com story from Mar 15, 2013, titled Eurozone, IMF agree 10-bn-euro Cyprus bailout. In it, bangkokpost.com reports that:

Eurozone finance ministers and the International Monetary Fund struck a deal early Saturday to bail out Cyprus with aid of up to 10 billion euros, diplomats said after some 10 hours of talks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at bangkokpost.com.

Dervis Eroglu

Rickmansworth, UK

#1 Mar 16, 2013
There you go Boys you got the money now, do something worthwhile with it.

“Liberalism”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2 Mar 16, 2013
South Cyprus will stop crisis only if reunite with north Cyprus.
Dervis Eroglu

Rickmansworth, UK

#3 Mar 16, 2013
european2012 wrote:
Agree.
Cyprus lover

Manama, Bahrain

#4 Mar 17, 2013
Why don't you in the north start paying electricity? all paid by greek cypriots!!!!!
Themistocles

Brisbane, Australia

#5 Mar 17, 2013
european2012 wrote:
Really? could you please explain your theory?
SIR 2U

Southampton, UK

#6 Mar 17, 2013
Chuckle chuckle chuckle!

They will spunk this money up the wall quickly.
Friendly Turk

Istanbul, Turkey

#7 Mar 17, 2013
I am not surprised why Greece and South Cyprus went down. Based on my experince with Greeks, even supposedly adults have the understanding, mentaility, and interpretation of the World of 12-years old boys. No surprise they screwed up their economy.

Some widespread Greek beliefs that you often hear from then in arguments;

Numbers are no important in war. Greeks can easily defeat an army four times larger than them because "heroes fight like Greeks." 300 greeks can defeat an army of 100 000 Persians, because in their mythical resources it writes so.

Modern Greeks are direct, 100% pure, descendants of Socrates, Plato and Aristo. Ancient Greeks gave everything to World, that is why modern Greeks can steal money from Europe, because Europe and all humanity owe Greeks.

Germans stole Greek gold. That is why Germans should pay billions of euros to Greeks.

It was due to Greeks that allied powers defeated Germans in WW 2.

Greek economy went down and it is allthe fault of Turkey.

Kissinger planned it all along and gave N.Cyprus to Turkey.

Greeks have huge dicks. Every woman in the World want to sleep with a Greek God (short, hairt, little dick, burnt skin)

Blah blah blah..
Cyprus lover

Manama, Bahrain

#8 Mar 17, 2013
Friendly Turk wrote:
I am not surprised why Greece and South Cyprus went down. Based on my experince with Greeks, even supposedly adults have the understanding, mentaility, and interpretation of the World of 12-years old boys. No surprise they screwed up their economy.
Numbers are no important in war. Greeks can easily defeat an army four times larger than them because "heroes fight like Greeks." 300 greeks can defeat an army of 100 000 Persians, because in their mythical resources it writes so.
Modern Greeks are direct, 100% pure, descendants of Socrates, Plato and Aristo. Ancient Greeks gave everything to World, that is why modern Greeks can steal money from Europe, because Europe and all humanity owe Greeks.
Germans stole Greek gold. That is why Germans should pay billions of euros to Greeks.
Greeks have huge dicks. Every woman in the World want to sleep with a Greek God (short, hairt, little dick, burnt skin)
Blah blah blah..
I am not sure if you have had any history lessons at school. Just for your information: In 1923, under the treaty of Lausanne, the Turkish Republic has RELINQUISHED ANY CLAIM TO CYPRUS. And the greek Cypriots fought along the English in the war.
As for your other remarks below the beltline.... you probably have a complex. I just feel pity for you.
John Calder

Thessaloníki, Greece

#9 Mar 17, 2013
This is frightening. Cyprus was one of the most stable economies in "greater Europe" With a very stable easy to handle currency- issued in small quantities. Then some imbeciles have decided to join the Euro and to give up the most important part of autonomy. The Eurocrats start imposing thousands of new measures, and Cyprus follows.... Making roads safer, making new airports, making them Schengen compliant, taking away import duties on cars, so every cypriote can buy germnan and french new cars; imposing incredible compliance intelligence on banks, costing a fortune and making banking in Cyprus nearly impossible for quite some years. Now the "crown" . WHO gives a non democratic appointed bunch of people- most of them unwanted as polititians in their own country... the right to EXPOROPRIATE private property for Expenses that had been triggered by exactly THESE people. Cyprus should take immediate action. DO NOT take that blood money. 10 Billion is a peanut price for selling the soul of a country. I am convinced, that if Cyprus keeps in favourable tax laws, gets out of the Euro- even if it declares bankruptcy. Will be within one or two years one of the strongest economies in "greater Europe". Germany wants to get in control of the entire EU- the old problem, that has caused 2 world wars already. Cyprus is the weakest member and the easiest to be forced on their knees. IT is a TEST. Others will follow until Mrs Merkel and Mr Schäuble have fulfilled their vision. What they forget is that the well being of Germany is very much built on the financial misery of the southern European economies. In greece and Cyprus every majour project in the last 10 years has been done with german companies, Siemens, Hoch Tief etc. etc. The money was borrowed to realize mosty useless infrastructure projects from which mainly German, austrian and french companies have benefitted. Why does nobody think WHY Siemens had paid the bribes to the greek government...???
There is no legal basis and there is before all NO moral basis for even THINKING about touching peoples money for the payment of public debt. If it is done - I hope that the Cypriots have the pride to leave the Eurozone and maybe best also the community, and gain their autonomy back.
Cyprus lover

Manama, Bahrain

#10 Mar 17, 2013
John Calder wrote:
This is frightening. Cyprus was one of the most stable economies in "greater Europe" With a very stable easy to handle currency- issued in small quantities. Then some imbeciles have decided to join the Euro and to give up the most important part of autonomy. The Eurocrats start imposing thousands of new measures, and Cyprus follows.... Making roads safer, making new airports, making them Schengen compliant, taking away import duties on cars, so every cypriote can buy germnan and french new cars; imposing incredible compliance intelligence on banks, costing a fortune and making banking in Cyprus nearly impossible for quite some years. Now the "crown" . WHO gives a non democratic appointed bunch of people- most of them unwanted as polititians in their own country... the right to EXPOROPRIATE private property for Expenses that had been triggered by exactly THESE people. Cyprus should take immediate action. DO NOT take that blood money. 10 Billion is a peanut price for selling the soul of a country. I am convinced, that if Cyprus keeps in favourable tax laws, gets out of the Euro- even if it declares bankruptcy. Will be within one or two years one of the strongest economies in "greater Europe". Germany wants to get in control of the entire EU- the old problem, that has caused 2 world wars already. Cyprus is the weakest member and the easiest to be forced on their knees. IT is a TEST. Others will follow until Mrs Merkel and Mr Schäuble have fulfilled their vision. What they forget is that the well being of Germany is very much built on the financial misery of the southern European economies. In greece and Cyprus every majour project in the last 10 years has been done with german companies, Siemens, Hoch Tief etc. etc. The money was borrowed to realize mosty useless infrastructure projects from which mainly German, austrian and french companies have benefitted. Why does nobody think WHY Siemens had paid the bribes to the greek government...???
There is no legal basis and there is before all NO moral basis for even THINKING about touching peoples money for the payment of public debt. If it is done - I hope that the Cypriots have the pride to leave the Eurozone and maybe best also the community, and gain their autonomy back.
Thank You! You are very right!
greek

Bloomington, IN

#11 Mar 17, 2013
Friendly Turk wrote:
Blah blah blah..
It is obvious you know nothing about us,no less our history
Hitler made Greece pay for the German cost of the war.Is this not true?
Were war reparations ever paid to Greece?
Up to 100,000 people starved to death in a country of only 6 million,another lie?
Did not Greece defeat Italy 1940-1941 in the Mountains of Albania forcing Hitler to cut his timetable
and rescue his blundering ALLY? Getting caught in the Russian Winter,with summer uniforms?
NAZIs never looted gold from anyone did they?
Turks do not land illegal Pakistanis and others onto the Greek Islands throwing Greeks out of work?
Kissinger is not a WAR CRIMINAL IN HOW MANY COUNTRIES?
You don't know your arse from a hole in the ground let alone anything about Greece
well maybe that us Greeks do have big dicks,You must have seen a lot of them
Friendly Turk

Istanbul, Turkey

#12 Mar 17, 2013
greek wrote:
<quoted text>It is obvious you know nothing about us,no less our history
Hitler made Greece pay for the German cost of the war.Is this not true?
Were war reparations ever paid to Greece?
Up to 100,000 people starved to death in a country of only 6 million,another lie?
Did not Greece defeat Italy 1940-1941 in the Mountains of Albania forcing Hitler to cut his timetable
and rescue his blundering ALLY? Getting caught in the Russian Winter,with summer uniforms?
NAZIs never looted gold from anyone did they?
Turks do not land illegal Pakistanis and others onto the Greek Islands throwing Greeks out of work?
Kissinger is not a WAR CRIMINAL IN HOW MANY COUNTRIES?
You don't know your arse from a hole in the ground let alone anything about Greece
well maybe that us Greeks do have big dicks,You must have seen a lot of them
A case in point, here you go.

He only skipped the "300 Greeks can defeat 100 000 Persains" part...
kapone

Nicosia, Cyprus

#13 Mar 17, 2013
Lol a turk telling that adult greeks have 12y old mind. THE TURKS AHHAHAHAHAHAH if u tell them how much 1+1 does they will tell u 3 HAHAHAHA the best thign u have invented is propaly a machine "how to torture ur wifes" I mean really a turk speak about intelligence to greeks? AHAHAH even today with the help of 2000years ago greek philosophers the humanity still discovering things, even know the smarter man on the world is greek but guys the TURKS telling us theyr smartttttttttttttttttttttttttt tt
greek

Bloomington, IN

#14 Mar 17, 2013
Friendly Turk wrote:
<quoted text>
A case in point, here you go.
He only skipped the "300 Greeks can defeat 100 000 Persains" part...
AGAIN
You know nothing about us,300 were just Spartans they were leading.There were other Greeks under their command from all over Greece Did you learn nothing in life? How do idiots like you get by is beyond me.Did you steal the computer your'e using as well?
Friendly Turk

Istanbul, Turkey

#15 Mar 17, 2013
kapone wrote:
Lol a turk telling that adult greeks have 12y old mind. THE TURKS AHHAHAHAHAHAH if u tell them how much 1+1 does they will tell u 3 HAHAHAHA the best thign u have invented is propaly a machine "how to torture ur wifes" I mean really a turk speak about intelligence to greeks? AHAHAH even today with the help of 2000years ago greek philosophers the humanity still discovering things, even know the smarter man on the world is greek but guys the TURKS telling us theyr smartttttttttttttttttttttttttt tt
Another case in point...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cyprus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
They are only few options left to solve the Cy... Feb 16 Analyst 5
Man R@pes His Children in Patras, Greece (Feb '15) Feb 15 Haggy 19
My theory Cypriots have highest Neanderthal DNA... (Feb '14) Feb 15 johnblack 5
The TURKS give ISLAM a bad name. (Jul '08) Feb 11 ballbreaker999 5
Poll TUKS hate GREEKS because.... (Mar '12) Feb 10 The Truth 4
CYPRUS HISTORY BY George Nakratzas (1963-1974) (May '10) Feb 10 The Truth 60
The Turks claim that there is a conspiracy to b... (Jun '13) Feb 7 thatshowitis 44
More from around the web