Moon and Crescent
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Moon and Crescent

London, UK

#1 Nov 17, 2012
The Greeks are famous in the UK for wearing the Cross so as not to be mistaken for a Turk!
Due to current events, TC's have started wearing the Ay and Yildiz en masse so as not be mistaken for a Greek!
Observer

Limassol, Cyprus

#2 Nov 17, 2012
"Moon and Crescent" The Greeks are famous in the UK for wearing the Cross so as not to be mistaken for a Turk!
Due to current events, TC's have started wearing the Ay and Yildiz en masse so as not be mistaken for a Greek!

----------

Here in Limassol we have several Turkish Cypriots that wear the Cross. And they also visit St. Antony's Greek Orthodox church regularly to light a candle

Can you explain this?
Moon and Crescent

London, UK

#3 Nov 17, 2012
Observer wrote:
"Moon and Crescent" The Greeks are famous in the UK for wearing the Cross so as not to be mistaken for a Turk!
----------
Here in Limassol we have several Turkish Cypriots that wear the Cross. And they also visit St. Antony's Greek Orthodox church regularly to light a candle
Can you explain this?
What is there to explain?
They are Greek Cypriots with a little Turk in them....just like most of the South
Observer

Limassol, Cyprus

#4 Nov 17, 2012
"Moon and Crescent" What is there to explain?
They are Greek Cypriots with a little Turk in them....just like most of the South.

----------
Couldn't it be some of the hordes of Muslims that are daily leaving Islam for other religions?
Moon and Crescent

London, UK

#5 Nov 17, 2012
Observer wrote:
"Moon and Crescent" What is there to explain?
They are Greek Cypriots with a little Turk in them....just like most of the South.
----------
Couldn't it be some of the hordes of Muslims that are daily leaving Islam for other religions?
I understand your fear of Muslims!
Poor sod! You must be terrified living in the Middle East!
London Observer

Enfield, UK

#6 Nov 17, 2012
Observer wrote:
----------
Can you explain this?
And you F@cking calling them a Tuekish Cypriots?
I am sure they are GAVUR just like you.
Agamemnon

Purley, UK

#7 Nov 17, 2012
Moon and Crescent wrote:
The Greeks are famous in the UK for wearing the Cross so as not to be mistaken for a Turk!
This is totally wrong.

Greek Cypriots do not wear the Cross in order not to be mistaken for a Turk. When Christian Cypriots are babtised they are given a Cross.
My mother gave me a Cross when in addition when I was 16 and I wear it to this day INSIDE so that it is not even visible.
Most of my TC friends that I went to school with always wore the Star and Crescent. Some where plain but some had a diamond on the star. I am now 54 so this has been going on for a long time not now.
Actually many GC and TC used to wear a gold Cyprus island shape together with their S&C or their Cross.
I personaly would never wear my Cross on the outside as I find this pretentious and showy.
So, to repeat, your assertion is simply wrong.
Tc In London

Loughton, UK

#8 Nov 17, 2012
Observer wrote:
----------
Can you explain this?
very easy the are greeks

or maybe they get a discount for wearing a cross

or maybe they are scared to walk around so if anybody stops them they say i am christian lol

if hes a turk and living in the south

he is not a turk
Observer

Limassol, Cyprus

#9 Nov 17, 2012
"Moon and Crescent" I understand your fear of Muslims!

----------

Yes I am. With the troublesome kind of Muslims that are a thread to everything civilized, like with the troublesome Christians or Hindus etc. The trouble with the muslims is that they do not just want to make trouble, they want to force everyone to their ways.
I know many Muslims that are not like that so it is not Muslims I fear but a particular type of them that live and grow in numbers under your support and protection. That makes you an accomplice.
Observer

Limassol, Cyprus

#10 Nov 17, 2012
"Tc In London"
very easy the are greeks
or maybe they get a discount for wearing a cross
or maybe they are scared to walk around so if anybody stops them they say i am christian lol
if hes a turk and living in the south
he is not a turk

----------

And with this simple explanation you believed that you have answered the problem. You are hiding behind your little finger. It goes much further than that. This is why Islam has a problem today, because of the simplistic way you attempt to explain things.
Tens of thousands of Muslims are not just wearing a cross but are leaving Islam alltogether every single day and you are not asking yourselves "why"? There are a thousand people that leave Islam for every one person joining it. Try to explain this. And let us not begin a YouTube war to disprove it because you will accomplish just the opposite.
Moon and Crescent

Cleator Moor, UK

#11 Nov 18, 2012
Observer wrote:
"Moon and Crescent" I understand your fear of Muslims!
----------
Yes I am. With the troublesome kind of Muslims that are a thread to everything civilized, like with the troublesome Christians or Hindus etc. The trouble with the muslims is that they do not just want to make trouble, they want to force everyone to their ways.
I know many Muslims that are not like that so it is not Muslims I fear but a particular type of them that live and grow in numbers under your support and protection. That makes you an accomplice.
Yes, it is obvious you are scared of all Muslims...
Education will free you of both fear and ignorance
Moon and Crescent

Cleator Moor, UK

#12 Nov 18, 2012
Agamemnon wrote:
<quoted text>
This is totally wrong.
Greek Cypriots do not wear the Cross in order not to be mistaken for a Turk. When Christian Cypriots are babtised they are given a Cross.
My mother gave me a Cross when in addition when I was 16 and I wear it to this day INSIDE so that it is not even visible.
Most of my TC friends that I went to school with always wore the Star and Crescent. Some where plain but some had a diamond on the star. I am now 54 so this has been going on for a long time not now.
Actually many GC and TC used to wear a gold Cyprus island shape together with their S&C or their Cross.
I personaly would never wear my Cross on the outside as I find this pretentious and showy.
So, to repeat, your assertion is simply wrong.
Wrong but funny.
As somebody who claims to have Turkish friends,can you tell me why the Greek Cypriots on this site are so uneducated?
Themistocles

Brisbane, Australia

#13 Nov 18, 2012
Moon and Crescent wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong but funny.
As somebody who claims to have Turkish friends,can you tell me why the Greek Cypriots on this site are so uneducated?
As soon as someone opposite talks rationally and with empathy you fcuking Turks take it as a weakness when it's in fact the opposite. Stick your moon and crescent up your ass
Moon and Crescent

Cleator Moor, UK

#14 Nov 18, 2012
Themistocles wrote:
<quoted text>As soon as someone opposite talks rationally and with empathy you fcuking Turks take it as a weakness when it's in fact the opposite. Stick your moon and crescent up your ass
Never seen any Greek rationality or empathy here..I have seen plenty of weakness and ignorance
Themistocles

Brisbane, Australia

#15 Nov 18, 2012
Moon and Crescent wrote:
<quoted text>Never seen any Greek rationality or empathy here..I have seen plenty of weakness and ignorance
That's because your a fcuking dumb cnut
Moon and Crescent

Cleator Moor, UK

#16 Nov 18, 2012
Themistocles wrote:
<quoted text>That's because your a fcuking dumb cnut
You are weak and uneducated
Themistocles

Brisbane, Australia

#17 Nov 18, 2012
Moon and Crescent wrote:
<quoted text>You are weak and uneducated
You're a waste of oxygen and a waste of time
Observer

Limassol, Cyprus

#18 Nov 18, 2012
"Moon and Crescent" Yes, it is obvious you are scared of all Muslims...
Education will free you of both fear and ignorance.

----------

Like it did to all those victims of Muslim foundamentalists who have died well educated and are still dying today, with the full support of you, muslim moderates.
Observer

Limassol, Cyprus

#19 Nov 18, 2012
"Moon and Crescent" You are weak and uneducated.

----------

I very much doubt if you have the qualifications to see how educated a person is. I am sure the problem are your many degrees and PHD's that are hunged all over your windows blocking your view.
If you are calling people 'weak and uneducated' it means that you consider yourself 'strong and educated'. I admire your modesty.
Agamemnon

London, UK

#20 Nov 19, 2012
Moon and Crescent wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong but funny.
I don't claim anything. What I say is true. I went to scholl with TCs and I still have TCs as friends. Why do you find that difficult to believe? Does it go counter to you pre-conceptions?

If you want my opinion, we are ALL uneducated both Greek and Turk, TC and GC.
On the other hand where is the fun if there is no point scoring on each other hey?
To hell with the truth...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cyprus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What has happened to the TC voices on this forum? Wed Scot 2
sexual harassment Jul 28 Martin garey 1
Mkz port jeff greekfest Jul 27 Mkz6 3
All Turks must die! (Dec '09) Jul 26 Human 75
News Europe's Last Divided Capital Remembers Anniver... Jul 20 Net Logg 1
News Russia and Cyprus to boost ties Jul 16 greek 6
why greeks look like turk (Apr '12) Jul 16 greek 36
More from around the web