Cyprus-Greece pipeline ‘not viable’

Cyprus-Greece pipeline ‘not viable’

Posted in the Cyprus Forum

London Observer

London, UK

#1 Dec 7, 2012
PIPING gas from Cyprus to Greece and then onto European markers would not be commercially viable, the consensus seemed to be yesterday among businesspeople, financiers and analysts at the 2nd Cyprus Energy Forum in Nicosia.
London Observer

London, UK

#2 Dec 7, 2012
It was a stupid idea from the start; cheapest way to get East Mediterranean gas to Europe is Turkish hub.
Dervis Eroglu

Gloucester, UK

#3 Dec 7, 2012
Didn't these people do their home work first before splashing out billions?,

Well at least there is one Good consolation out of all this fiasco, gas will be very cheap in illegal ROC They probably wont be able to give it away quick enough,
I still maintain good wishes for them with their find.
pity Turkey does not recognise illegal ROC other wise they could have turned this fiasco round in to a profitable venture,

I have a funny feeling Turkey will come to their rescue, as always.
London Observer

London, UK

#4 Dec 7, 2012
Mark my words: “Greeks will get on their knees and bend over for help from Turks”.
Dervis Eroglu

Gloucester, UK

#5 Dec 7, 2012
London Observer wrote:
Mark my words:“Greeks will get on their knees and bend over for help from Turks”.
Turkey is ready to help, and of course make money at the same time.
you don't get some thing for nothing in this world.
mkz6

North Babylon, NY

#6 Dec 7, 2012
Dervis Eroglu wrote:
Turkey is ready to help, and of course make money at the same time.
you don't get some thing for nothing in this world.
dervis Greece has the biggest oil tanker fleet in the world ,is Number one in commercial ships ,worst come to worst the will transfer to Greece by boat and pipe line to Europe,after you liquafy the gas .Gas is not only in Cyprus is by Crete too/.They are not going to Use Turkey ,Israel agree already ,any other information is not valid.
Dervis Eroglu

Gloucester, UK

#7 Dec 8, 2012
mkz6 wrote:
<quoted text> dervis Greece has the biggest oil tanker fleet in the world ,is Number one in commercial ships ,worst come to worst the will transfer to Greece by boat and pipe line to Europe,after you liquafy the gas .Gas is not only in Cyprus is by Crete too/.They are not going to Use Turkey ,Israel agree already ,any other information is not valid.
Mkz6 my friend

I am not saying there are no other way getting your gas in to Europe, of course there is, you can transport it with
Oil tankers, or pipe line,
But since you are in business to make money then you need to evaluate your options to have the maximum affect on your returns,

In Greece case, Turkish Hub is the most logical and most profitable way supplying oil and gas in to Europe,
But if you chose not to deal with Turkey because of some kind of vendetta still going on, then it's like cutting off the nose to spite the face.
not logical..
Themistocles

Australia

#8 Dec 8, 2012
The gas will be packaged and exported in LPG form. "not viable" means that there is more "profit" in utilising the LPG system, no pipeline needed, and there's minimum packaging at the other end.
This information is for the dummies here.
Akritas

London, UK

#9 Dec 8, 2012
Do you think Barbarians that the Sons of Alexander need Gas?

The Greeks have conquered countless enemies, destroyed numerous towns & cities. Do you think we fear transporting Gas to Europe?

No. We can keep the Gas & use it for Barbeques.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cyprus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Venizelos slams Turkey for 'flagrant violation ... (Oct '14) Aug 23 Ggff 798
Poll We use Turkish flags as toilet paper in the fre... (Jun '11) Aug 14 Zzzzzzz 16
News Turkey's EU Dream Jeopardized By Islamists (Jun '07) Aug 13 bmz 2,575
Turkish scum (Nov '06) Aug 12 turd 75
The Turks finally admit that they are bastards.... (Jan '09) Jul 30 Mikhail Andreevich 49
Symbol of Turkish Flag is GREEK (Jun '10) Jul 29 Greek 16
The antiquity obsessed Modern Greeks (Mar '08) Jul 29 Greek 61
More from around the web