Ercan Airport more flights than Pafhos close to Larnaca

Posted in the Cyprus Forum

London Observer

Enfield, UK

#1 Jan 17, 2013
According to yesterday’s Phileleftheros, statistics released by the Turkish Cypriot authorities reveal that Ercan airport handled 1,646 flights last November. This more than doubles the number of flights for Paphos in the same period, 619, and comes close to the 2,200 flights handled by Larnaca that month.

The paper reported that 204,208 passengers passed through Ercan last November, compared to 102,110 who passed through Paphos airport and 252,870 Larnaca.

Asked by the state broadcaster about Greek Cypriots travelling through the north, Aspris replied:“Unfortunately, it is true that a significant proportion of passengers choose to travel through Tymbou and that is sad.”

He highlighted that 33 per cent of revenue from Cyprus’ international airports end up in state coffers.

“The money spent by Greek Cypriots at the international airports of Larnaca and Paphos are used for investments and projects for the country and not as offensive tools against us,” he said.
London Observer

Enfield, UK

#2 Jan 17, 2013
Next year 747 will be landing to Ercan.
Greek Cyprus still sleep walking in the dark.
UK Observer

Enfield, UK

#3 Jan 18, 2013
New larger airport will be build next year I believe
UK Observer

Enfield, UK

#4 Jan 18, 2013
In 5 years time ERCAN will be the main Airport of Cyprus

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cyprus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Things are looking Great for TRNC 1 hr greek 25
UN special envoy Espen Barth told Greek leader ... 1 hr greek 6
Video of Greek army creates controversy in region 2 hr Barbarian 278
Turkey's dual role. 12 hr greek 2
Why the Skopians (FYROM),crying in Cyrpus forum? 15 hr Macedonian 7
Greek means civilization,Turk means animal. 15 hr Macedonian 3
All Turks must die! (Dec '09) 15 hr Macedonian 48
•••

Cyprus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE