Turkish speaking Cypriots have to make a choice......

Posted in the Cyprus Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Aristodimos

Ansonia, CT

#1 Feb 24, 2013
...either they are Cypriots or Turks.There is nothing between.If they choose to be Turks,there is no room for them in Cyprus.They have to move back to their motherland Turkey.Only people who claim Cypriot ancestry and are loyal to their birthplace Cyprus can use the term Cypriot.
All others are foreign parasites and should be expelled from our ancestors land.
H gh 8a ginei kokkinh

Greece

#2 Feb 24, 2013
bGE&fp=58194006108c7dc7 &biw=768&bih=928
john

Wheaton, IL

#3 Feb 24, 2013
Aristodimos wrote:
...either they are Cypriots or Turks.There is nothing between.If they choose to be Turks,there is no room for them in Cyprus.They have to move back to their motherland Turkey.Only people who claim Cypriot ancestry and are loyal to their birthplace Cyprus can use the term Cypriot.
All others are foreign parasites and should be expelled from our ancestors land.
Stop preaching to others what you are incapable practicing yourself. who are you to tell TCs about their ancestry when you claim to be a Greek Cypriot with ancestors from Greece? You fly the Greek flag, sing Greece national anthem, celebrate Greek national holidays and are ashamed to identify yourself as just a Cypriot.

While at it, let's ask all Cypriots to become men, all to become Christians, all to be narrow minded and corrupt. Let's have one Cypriot fits all to make it easy for ignorant idiots to adapt. diversity is too much to handle? Are Greek Cypriots that weak, that ignorant and simple minded that we need to simplify the world to make it easy for them to tolerate and adapt?What about all Turkish like the good old days?
Aristodimos

Ansonia, CT

#4 Feb 24, 2013
john wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop preaching to others what you are incapable practicing yourself. who are you to tell TCs about their ancestry when you claim to be a Greek Cypriot with ancestors from Greece? You fly the Greek flag, sing Greece national anthem, celebrate Greek national holidays and are ashamed to identify yourself as just a Cypriot.
While at it, let's ask all Cypriots to become men, all to become Christians, all to be narrow minded and corrupt. Let's have one Cypriot fits all to make it easy for ignorant idiots to adapt. diversity is too much to handle? Are Greek Cypriots that weak, that ignorant and simple minded that we need to simplify the world to make it easy for them to tolerate and adapt?What about all Turkish like the good old days?
Indigenous native Cypriots do speak Greek.Its the language of their ancestors.Indigenous native Cypriots have Greek heritage and traditions.Its the culture of our ancestors.
john

Wheaton, IL

#5 Feb 24, 2013
Aristodimos wrote:
<quoted text>
Indigenous native Cypriots do speak Greek.Its the language of their ancestors.Indigenous native Cypriots have Greek heritage and traditions.Its the culture of our ancestors.
I agree but we don't all have to have the same ancestors to have the same nationality. you speak the language of your ancestors and I speak the language of mine. The same with religion and traditions. Diversity makes the country richer, people more tolerant and less discriminating.

This is the twenty first century. Civilized societies are expected to be multi-ethnic and have laws protecting freedoms of expression. Why should Cyprus be different if it considers itself a civilized country? The true culture of your ancestors should be Cypriot with a Greek and Turkish flair. As long as there are GCs, there will be TCs. What is good for you should also be good for me.

That is the mentality that is destroying Cyprus and made you all the laughing stock of Europe. Tolerance is a sign of civility and education. You screwed up in the past and it caused the division. You continue to hate and discriminate now and it is costing you the respect of the rest of the world.
Aristodimos

Ansonia, CT

#6 Feb 24, 2013
john wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree but we don't all have to have the same ancestors to have the same nationality. you speak the language of your ancestors and I speak the language of mine. The same with religion and traditions. Diversity makes the country richer, people more tolerant and less discriminating.
This is the twenty first century. Civilized societies are expected to be multi-ethnic and have laws protecting freedoms of expression. Why should Cyprus be different if it considers itself a civilized country? The true culture of your ancestors should be Cypriot with a Greek and Turkish flair. As long as there are GCs, there will be TCs. What is good for you should also be good for me.
That is the mentality that is destroying Cyprus and made you all the laughing stock of Europe. Tolerance is a sign of civility and education. You screwed up in the past and it caused the division. You continue to hate and discriminate now and it is costing you the respect of the rest of the world.
Why just don't go live in Turkey which is more Democratic and tolerant towards other ethnic groups and religions,especially women.!!!!!

[Treat others the way you want to be treated by them]Greek proverb.
Kantara2009

Turkey

#7 Feb 26, 2013
On the subject of Cypriot ancestory and ethnic authenticity don't forget the influx over the years of (Arabs,Persians,remnants of Roman legions,gypsys,,Jews,Genoise,V enetions and more.And all that was before the arival of the Ottemans (not Turks necessarily
lolololWITkantar a

Collierville, TN

#8 Feb 26, 2013
Kantara2009 wrote:
On the subject of Cypriot ancestory and ethnic authenticity don't forget the influx over the years of (Arabs,Persians,remnants of Roman legions,gypsys,,Jews,Genoise,V enetions and more.And all that was before the arival of the Ottemans (not Turks necessarily
so example london has an influx of people from various cultures does it make it less british should london be stolen or occupied and taken away from the british,,,,,,,,,no it belongs to the british people,,,,,,,
Kantara2009

Turkey

#10 Feb 27, 2013
lolololWITkantara wrote:
<quoted text>so example london has an influx of people from various cultures does it make it less british should london be stolen or occupied and taken away from the british,,,,,,,,,no it belongs to the british people,,,,,,,
......... does it really ,high percentage of people not even born in Europe, let alone uk.However my point was different -my examples were from at least 600 years ago, from Western/ Central Asia.,and not from South Asia in the last 40 years in to uk.In my opinion the language (or form of it ,is all that is left from ancient times (check out the Greek tribe in northern Pakistan, and the debate on who the Kurds are.
Aristodimos

Ansonia, CT

#11 Feb 27, 2013
Kantara2009 wrote:
On the subject of Cypriot ancestory and ethnic authenticity don't forget the influx over the years of (Arabs,Persians,remnants of Roman legions,gypsys,,Jews,Genoise,V enetions and more.And all that was before the arival of the Ottemans (not Turks necessarily
Because somebody occupies or conquer your land,it doesn't mean they have to change the demographics or the make up of the local population? Do the Turkish Cypriots admit that they are a mixture of Turks,Greeks,Franks,Venetians, Armenians and Arabs?
Dervis Eroglu

London, UK

#12 Feb 27, 2013
Aristodimos wrote:
<quoted text>
Because somebody occupies or conquer your land,it doesn't mean they have to change the demographics or the make up of the local population? Do the Turkish Cypriots admit that they are a mixture of Turks,Greeks,Franks,Venetians, Armenians and Arabs?


it doesn't mean they have to change the demographics or the make up of the local population?"" Unquote

Hahaha. what do you mean?
Conquerors do as they pleas otherwise what's the point. turkey conquered north Cyprus to save a minority of people from being butchered by a bunch of sadist Nazi scum,,
wouldn't it be stupid if they not change a thing. Conquerors call the shots.

As for who we could be related to, who knows we Turkish and Greek Cypriots more then likely carry blood in our veins from all those You quote above and more,, You forgot the Italians, English, Spanish. Ethiopians,

My loony friend no Cypriot is a pure pedigree. least of all you.
Kantara2009

Turkey

#13 Feb 27, 2013
Dervis Eroglu wrote:
<quoted text>
it doesn't mean they have to change the demographics or the make up of the local population?"" Unquote
Hahaha. what do you mean?
Conquerors do as they pleas otherwise what's the point. turkey conquered north Cyprus to save a minority of people from being butchered by a bunch of sadist Nazi scum,,
wouldn't it be stupid if they not change a thing. Conquerors call the shots.
As for who we could be related to, who knows we Turkish and Greek Cypriots more then likely carry blood in our veins from all those You quote above and more,, You forgot the Italians, English, Spanish. Ethiopians,
My loony friend no Cypriot is a pure pedigree. least of all you.
...yes of course they do,especially in formally Venetian Famagusta area which had been in their control/ Genoise for hundreds of years- GET ON A BOAT OR CONVVERT To Islam ,some went most didn't !8
British expat

London, UK

#14 Feb 28, 2013
Kantara2009 wrote:
<quoted text>...yes of course they do,especially in formally Venetian Famagusta area which had been in their control/ Genoise for hundreds of years- GET ON A BOAT OR CONVVERT To Islam ,some went most didn't !8
Cyprus had been conquered so many times by different major divisions of humankind, today the Greeks of Cyprus went through so much transformation it makes anyone's head spin just thinking about it,
on the other end of the scale Turkish Cypriots came on the island with the Ottoman Turks.
Kantara2009

Turkey

#15 Feb 28, 2013
British expat wrote:
<quoted text>
Cyprus had been conquered so many times by different major divisions of humankind, today the Greeks of Cyprus went through so much transformation it makes anyone's head spin just thinking about it,
on the other end of the scale Turkish Cypriots came on the island with the Ottoman Turks.
..........Yes however Ottemans came from a multitude of country's (eg finance ministry was Jewish) and as I said before most of the Genoise and Venetions changed religion and were incorporated with the new rulers
greek

Union, NJ

#16 Feb 28, 2013
Dervis Eroglu wrote:
<quoted text>
it doesn't mean they have to change the demographics or the make up of the local population?"" Unquote
Hahaha. what do you mean?
Conquerors do as they pleas otherwise what's the point. turkey conquered north Cyprus to save a minority of people from being butchered by a bunch of sadist Nazi scum,,
wouldn't it be stupid if they not change a thing. Conquerors call the shots.
As for who we could be related to, who knows we Turkish and Greek Cypriots more then likely carry blood in our veins from all those You quote above and more,, You forgot the Italians, English, Spanish. Ethiopians,
My loony friend no Cypriot is a pure pedigree. least of all you.
Nonsense NOT ONE TURK WAS KILLED You butchered innocent Greek Cypriot civilians,elderly men,women and children that did not even have any part in the coupe,IN THEIR SLEEP ,and you call us NAZI SCUM
LOOK WHO"S TALKING You may call that conquering, I call you and your glorious Turkish Army COWARD SCUM
London is full of Greeks Ever say this to their faces?
Dervis Eroglu

Edgware, UK

#18 Mar 1, 2013
greek wrote:
<quoted text> Nonsense NOT ONE TURK WAS KILLED You butchered innocent Greek Cypriot civilians,elderly men,women and children that did not even have any part in the coupe,IN THEIR SLEEP ,and you call us NAZI SCUM
LOOK WHO"S TALKING You may call that conquering, I call you and your glorious Turkish Army COWARD SCUM
London is full of Greeks Ever say this to their faces?
Greeks I meet in London, not one mentions Cyprus in my presence,
for that matter they are not known to go in to conversation on Cyprus with Turkish Cypriots, same can be said about the Turkish Cypriots too,
greek

Union, NJ

#19 Mar 1, 2013
Dervis Eroglu wrote:
<quoted text>
Greeks I meet in London, not one mentions Cyprus in my presence,
for that matter they are not known to go in to conversation on Cyprus with Turkish Cypriots, same can be said about the Turkish Cypriots too,
Maybe you should stop playing with the little kids and hang out with people your own age
going my way

Union, NJ

#20 Mar 1, 2013
Dervis Eroglu wrote:
<quoted text>
Greeks I meet in London, not one mentions Cyprus in my presence,
for that matter they are not known to go in to conversation on Cyprus with Turkish Cypriots, same can be said about the Turkish Cypriots too,
Do you Call ANY of them EOKA SCUM like you do to ALL OF US
Greeks here on this forum, or do you keep your big mouth shut?
Dervis Eroglu

Edgware, UK

#21 Mar 1, 2013
going my way wrote:
<quoted text> Do you Call ANY of them EOKA SCUM like you do to ALL OF US
Greeks here on this forum, or do you keep your big mouth shut?
Read my post again, god you are thick as two planks, I said here in UK Greeks I meet wont talk what went on in Cyprus,
going my way

Union, NJ

#22 Mar 1, 2013
Dervis Eroglu wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my post again, god you are thick as two planks, I said here in UK Greeks I meet wont talk what went on in Cyprus,
Read my post again,you MORON.Do you shoot off your big mouth to Greeks living there in London, calling them all EOKA SCUM, like you do on this forum? NO BECAUSE DON"T HAVE THE GUTS
You sure do know how to twist up a simple post and still think you are in the right don't you?
Simple truth through all of this all boils down to one thing YOU ARE A COWARD

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cyprus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greek Cyprus freedom 12 min Rockstar 2
Turkey has a monopoly of this product. 1 hr Democracy 2
Ethnic Discrimination and Assimilation in Greece 1 hr Democracy 3
Coffee and coffee houses during the Ottoman empire 2 hr Daskalos 1
The only friend of a Turk is another Turk. 2 hr Daskalos 1
Turks and Kurds are brothers. 2 hr Daskalos 1
Which groups are discriminated the most in Turkey? 2 hr greek 33
Why Greeks are so dishonest? 4 hr Democracy 50
More from around the web