Turkey: affordable, accessible and attractive

Posted in the Cyprus Forum

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#1 Oct 6, 2012

Columnists 05 October 2012, Friday 0 Share on facebook 0 Share on twitter 1 Share on google 0
CHARLOTTE MCPHERSON
c.mcpherson@todayszaman.com
Turkey: affordable, accessible and attractive (2)
There are many who say “manana,” which means tomorrow in Spanish. Many Westerners talk about working abroad, but only some actually go abroad to work.

However, once the decision has been made and you are living in another culture, you may find that you need to make adjustments in how you raise your children, especially if you have moved to Turkey and your spouse is Turkish.

Some of the simplest points can vary greatly from your own culture and how your mom did it! Here are just a few…

Have you noticed how Turks handle some of the following situations?

the way babies are soothed;

the amount of physical affection shown by parents;

the attitudes towards discipline, including physical punishment;

the sorts of play and learning materials provided for child;

the amount of time parents spend with children reading books and teaching skills; and

the way parents communicate with each child

Living in another culture can be a wonderful experience. Millions of people have just started in a career change or move. If you are one of them, thinking of starting a new life with your family in another country, or if you have already begun a new life in a different culture, your whole horizon will be broadening.

to read the whole article

http://www.todayszaman.com/columnist-294442-t...

Location hidden

#2 Oct 6, 2012
a great article for any thinking about turkiye and contemplating on visiting one day
Themistocles

Brisbane, Australia

#3 Oct 6, 2012
This poor woman was forced by her Turkish husband and his relatives to put this in writing. My sources in Turkey tell me that she's not even allowed to contact her relatives and she's more or less a prisoner. Apparently the poor woman is being bashed regularly because she's had enough and wants to leave Turkey. Too sad
Democracy United States

College Point, NY

#4 Oct 6, 2012
Yes go see how the Turks live off the greeks, as in the greek monuments, asia minor greeks homes and territory, their invasion and occupation of Greek Cyprus.

Go see how they committed genocide against the Armenians, and the greeks. I'm sure they have a monument somewhere as a true genocider would.

Go see how they oppress the Kurds.

Go see how Christianity is not allowed to show it's face there.

Go see how much blood they have on their hands.

Location hidden

#5 Oct 7, 2012
i new you clowns would be jelous but wait theres more

Finally Turkey Won the CLIO War against France

RENNES, France -- Renault declined to comment on trade union claims that Turkey will become the main production site for its new Clio subcompact car in a move to cut costs.

Renault plans to build more than 70 percent of its fourth-generation Clio models in Turkey, union sources told Reuters. The shift that could inflame tensions with workers and the government, its biggest shareholder.
Read more:http://www.autonews.com/a rticle/20121005/ANE/121009931# ixzz28VRvNmLC

and
http://europe.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...

my opinion is that untill that attitude is dropped there isnt much hope for you lot

Location hidden

#6 Oct 7, 2012
Themistocles wrote:
This poor woman was forced by her Turkish husband and his relatives to put this in writing. My sources in Turkey tell me that she's not even allowed to contact her relatives and she's more or less a prisoner. Apparently the poor woman is being bashed regularly because she's had enough and wants to leave Turkey. Too sad
for you wanker and that other clown below

Im glad you have such an economic view nationally.

Keep pretending as if you are elite EU club member, your mouth still smells bad due to your hunger loser
Themistocles

Brisbane, Australia

#7 Oct 7, 2012
champion65 wrote:
<quoted text>
for you wanker and that other clown below
Im glad you have such an economic view nationally.
Keep pretending as if you are elite EU club member, your mouth still smells bad due to your hunger loser
Do you care at all about this wretched woman? My sources also revealed that she caught her husband fcuking a duck in the courtyard, she's living in hell.
Blackadder

Bromley, UK

#8 Oct 7, 2012
Democracy United States wrote:
Yes go see how the Turks live off the greeks, as in the greek monuments, asia minor greeks homes and territory, their invasion and occupation of Greek Cyprus.
Go see how they committed genocide against the Armenians, and the greeks. I'm sure they have a monument somewhere as a true genocider would.
Go see how they oppress the Kurds.
Go see how Christianity is not allowed to show it's face there.
Go see how much blood they have on their hands.
The Greeks live off EVERYONE else, you pillock.
EOKA scumbag.

Location hidden

#9 Oct 7, 2012
Themistocles wrote:
<quoted text>Do you care at all about this wretched woman? My sources also revealed that she caught her husband fcuking a duck in the courtyard, she's living in hell.
what are you rambling on about you nitwit
Democracy United States

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Oct 7, 2012
Blackadder wrote:
<quoted text>
The Greeks live off EVERYONE else, you pillock.
EOKA scumbag.
No thats the Turks,

They live off :

1. The Greeks
2. The Greek Cypriots
3. The Kurds
4. The Armenians

Our matter has to do with loans which is not illegal by any manner.

What's your excuse again? Oh yeah your leaches!

Call me part of EOKA again.......I want to raise another toast to the saviors and protectors of Greek Cyprus.

Location hidden

#11 Oct 7, 2012
armenian Artin Penik burnt himself in order to protest The Armenian Terrorist Group ASALA in 1982. Check out his last confessions about imperial benefits through the "SO-CALLED ARMENIAN GENOCIDE". God bless him

http://youtu.be/k67AtLcAV-Y

Location hidden

#12 Oct 7, 2012
<quoted text>
No thats the Turks,
They live off :
1. The Greeks
2. The Greek Cypriots
3. The Kurds
4. The Armenians
Call me part of EOKA again.......I want to raise another toast to the saviors and protectors of Greek Cyprus.
i think your a very deluded yanky immigrant greek thats never been to cyprus and has nothing in common with the island as your fully americanalised and the only connection you have is maybe some relatives etc and the knowledge from internet and what other yanky greeks brainwashed you with !!

you dont know the the real spirit of cyprus

now, how do we live off greek .the what!are you gona squeal on about islands this and that !!when you lot in greace are debt enslaved when Greeks stole enough off the so called EU family of yours !!huhhh

wake up greeks are not democratic when greed ,ambition, exclusivity and selfishness,theft ,rascism are your character this is what the world or how the world veiws greece today ,sadly like it or not those days of greeces illustrias past have been overshadowed by the mess you all got yourselves into !!the greek south is close behind maybe ill post some links to show you what you lack in common knowledge .

but before you start pointing at others faults its time to veiw your own internal disarray and dysfunction

turks dont hate or dislkie greeks they dont care its more the other way round ,dont misunderstand we arnt going to stand there and take your tit for tat accusations and insults lightly anymore and receive the verbal back handers ,no wayyyy thats

you have to learn and except that we want exact equality you cant play that inferiority belittling us over them
Themistocles

Brisbane, Australia

#13 Oct 8, 2012
champion65 wrote:
<quoted text>
what are you rambling on about you nitwit
Turks fcuking ducks what else, don't play dumb champ, even turks aren't that stupid.
London Observer

Enfield, UK

#14 Oct 8, 2012
Themistocles wrote:
<quoted text>Turks fcuking ducks what else, don't play dumb champ, even turks aren't that stupid.
Re GAVUR;
Papaz on the phone for you.
&fe ature=youtu.be
Tc In London

Loughton, UK

#15 Oct 8, 2012
Themistocles wrote:
<quoted text>Do you care at all about this wretched woman? My sources also revealed that she caught her husband fcuking a duck in the courtyard, she's living in hell.
I DONT REALLY HAVE TO ANSWER YOU
KEEP SHOWING YOUR ENVIOUS OF TURKS
YOUR ACTIONS AND WORDS TELL IT ALL
ANYBODY READING YOUR REPLIES CAN SEE THAT
Tc In London

Loughton, UK

#16 Oct 8, 2012
<quoted text>
No thats the Turks,
They live off :
1. The Greeks
2. The Greek Cypriots
3. The Kurds
4. The Armenians
KEEP TOASTING AS YOUR SAVIOURS REALLY DONE A GOOD JOB
I WILL TAKE THAT TOAST WITH YOU
GOD SAVE THESE EOKA MALAKAS BECAUSE WITHOUT THEM WE WOULDNT OF HAD TURKISH NORTHERN CYPRUS
CHEERS EOKA YASU YASU YASU

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cyprus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Female D-o-g, Abducted and Ra--ped in Greece 15 hr Mkz6 10
From Russia-Cyprus with Love. 15 hr greek 2
Turkey will be the next battle ground. Thu greek 3
Christians in Syria and IRAQ are facing genocide. Thu greek 3
Austria is doing the right steps. Wed Daskalos 1
These Greek politicians really DO stink! 'Sexi... Wed Mkz6 3
Former miss Turkey faces prison for insulting E... Wed Mkz6 3
More from around the web