Beastly Turks Inspired Lord of The Rings

Posted in the Cyprus Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nikos

Walthamstow, UK

#1 Oct 5, 2008
I have long suspected that J R Tolkien was inspired by the heroic defence of Byzantium, & especially the defence of Constantinople & Rhodes, for his Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

The devilish creature like "Uruk-Hai" were inspired by the Turks.
While the good guys were inspired by the Greeks.

notes.kateva.org/2007/01/lord-of-rings-and-se... - 74k
Atilla Han

Kocaeli, Turkey

#3 Oct 5, 2008
But they did not lose in the movie.

You lost Istanbul and your empire time ended forever, you became slaves. What kind of inspiration is that?
Nikos wrote:
I have long suspected that J R Tolkien was inspired by the heroic defence of Byzantium, & especially the defence of Constantinople & Rhodes, for his Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
Nikos

Walthamstow, UK

#4 Oct 5, 2008
In case you have not seen the Films. Here is what "Uruk-Hai's" look like.

www.patriotresource.com/lotr/races/urukhai.ht... - 53k
Nikos

Walthamstow, UK

#5 Oct 5, 2008
Why are Turks always the bad guys in movies?

Bram Stokers Dracula (1993)

The film begins in a prologue, where Vlad III the Impaler defeats an overwhelming Turkish invasion in 1462. Upon returning home, he finds his beloved wife Elisabeta (Ryder) dead, having committed suicide upon hearing the false reports of Vlad's death in battle. Enraged at his wife being eternally damned as a suicide, the former devout Christian Dracula desecrates his chapel and renounces God, declaring that he will rise from the grave to avenge Elisabeta with all the powers of darkness.
Atilla Han

Kocaeli, Turkey

#6 Oct 5, 2008
Because the strong guys always play the one who is most scarific!
Nikos wrote:
The film begins in a prologue, where Vlad III the Impaler defeats an overwhelming Turkish invasion in 1462. Upon returning home, he finds his beloved wife Elisabeta (Ryder) dead, having committed suicide upon hearing the false reports of Vlad's death in battle. Enraged at his wife being eternally damned as a suicide, the former devout Christian Dracula desecrates his chapel and renounces God, declaring that he will rise from the grave to avenge Elisabeta with all the powers of darkness.
Atilla Han

Kocaeli, Turkey

#7 Oct 5, 2008
Believe me I am even ugglier than this one.
Nikos wrote:
In case you have not seen the Films. Here is what "Uruk-Hai's" look like.
www.patriotresource.com/lotr/races/urukhai.ht... - 53k
Nikos

Walthamstow, UK

#8 Oct 5, 2008
Atilla Han wrote:
Believe me I am even ugglier than this one.
<quoted text>
I believe you. That's why your goat left you!

Eat your heart out Attila The Hut.
All Turks do is inspire filmakers to imagine you as beasts.
You will never be the good guys like Greeks!
Atilla Han

Kocaeli, Turkey

#9 Oct 5, 2008
No we will be the bad guys always who is fu... Greeks on the movies and in reality...
Nikos wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you. That's why your goat left you!
Eat your heart out Attila The Hut.
All Turks do is inspire filmakers to imagine you as beasts.
You will never be the good guys like Greeks!
Ata Da Turk

Istanbul, Turkey

#10 Feb 2, 2010
Greeks are always the good guys because homos cannot be bad...

Turks are always the bad guys because we were feared by Christians throughout history. The Vatican needed a common enemy to bring all the different sects of Christianity together. Your lucky we got stopped at Vienna Nikos or you would probably be speaking Turkish in London right now.
Tc iN London

Loughton, UK

#11 Feb 2, 2010
Nikos wrote:
MAN YOU ACTUALLY BELEIVE THIS TO BE TRUE
ANYBODY STRONG IS DISLIKED
IN 100 YEARS FROM NOW THEY WILL TALK ABOUT AMERICA
IN FACT THEY HAVE STARTED NOW
Akritas

Walthamstow, UK

#12 Feb 2, 2010
Nikos is Dead.

He was killed by an angry Turk who spotted him staring at the Turks wife.
Akritas

Walthamstow, UK

#13 Feb 2, 2010
Ata Da Turk wrote:
Greeks are always the good guys because homos cannot be bad...
Turks are always the bad guys because we were feared by Christians throughout history. The Vatican needed a common enemy to bring all the different sects of Christianity together. Your lucky we got stopped at Vienna Nikos or you would probably be speaking Turkish in London right now.
OMG.

It took you 15 months to think of an answer?

In that time Nikos died.

His last words were "those damned Turks cannot think of a reply to my Lord of the Rings insult!"
Human-Being

Adana, Turkey

#14 Apr 14, 2010
I can see that none of those people read the book or watch the film..
Gondor is the kingdom of Isildur, first man who came to the Middle Earth. If we think with your brain, Gondor must be an African kingdom, not Greek.
Rohan Rohirrim is the best horsemen in Middle Earth, if you look at the history of the normal Earth, you can clearly see that the best horsemen are Turks. So Turks must me Rohan, not Isengard.
An other thing, Isengard is an old Gondor castle, but Turks could never controlled by other nations. All the world tried to defeat the Turks in Gallipoli but they could not.. I think Christ was with Turks in Gallipoli (= Learn if you don't know: Muslims believe that Christ is their prophet too)
THERE ARE NO BAD NATION ON THE PLANET EARTH, THERE ARE BAD PEOPLE.
Men of Harad and Rhun can be Arabs and Kurths.. But they are NOT. Gondor is Gondor. Rohan is Rohan. Lorien is Lorien. Rivendell is Rivendell. Mordor is Mordor. Isengard is Isengard..... Not an other nation on the planet Earth =)
Human-Being

Adana, Turkey

#15 Apr 14, 2010
ahahaha ok Rohan is Turks: every Turk son or daughter borns as a soldier. Like as Rohan peasants and Eowyn the shiel maiden of Rohan
greek

Jersey City, NJ

#16 Apr 14, 2010
Somehow these Turks remind me of the Klingons,or the Romulans on Star Trek. Always Warlike
totaly useless at anything else
romulan fools

Bardwell Park, Australia

#18 Apr 14, 2010
Akritas wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG.
It took you 15 months to think of an answer?
In that time Nikos died.
His last words were "those damned Turks cannot think of a reply to my Lord of the Rings insult!"
ok stupid azzz the only reply is another insult and most turks cant be bothered with stupid ass post,or irrelavant comments

similar to yours.

phackof back to sleep
Gothmog

Izmir, Turkey

#19 Nov 30, 2010
this is funny and makes me laugh.
those good for nothing lazy greek beggars still bull shitting about Turks. ask your goverment who gave you 1.25 billion€. you owe that money to Turkish Goverment. Now go get a life and thank Turks for it.
and no thanks i don't want your hairy stinky ass for a payback.
kmf

Hatay, Turkey

#20 Apr 12, 2012
guys please just stop that discuss. every human can make mistakes. and in every nation there is bad guys. there is no such thing that called bad nationality. yes maybe they have done bad things or they didn't. god knows. but even greeks done too.what about USA's colonial countries. but turkey dont have an colonial country. what about cruelty in bosnia and herzegovina. and if you say that turks didnt do anything that called armenian genocide you will be under arrest in europe. where is the freedom of thought? maybe there is still a lot of things that hiding from people. but you cant judge of anyone without knowing your nation's past. and about the books of the lord of the rings, when the author was writing this he was in the battle against to turks. that's why the bad characters' country's covered by seas on three sides. like turkey. and he saw the warriors, and in their eyes he saw the courage, nationalism, and they would do everything for their country, nation. why he wanted simulate them to turks. but as you see every body understand everything wrong.
The one

Ankara, Turkey

#21 Jun 1, 2012
The Lord of the Rings tells the Middle Asia Turkish.Aragorn is kinda Attila.There are lots of horse symbols everywhere that they are important for Turkish people.Ents are symbols the Turkish mithology that we have lots of tree figures.And Turkish people are not barbarian.Europens can't and couldn't stand us winning their earth so they call us that.When Turkish gain some earth,they let people believe whatever they want.We don't murder our or other country's people.
John

Cyprus

#22 Jun 1, 2012
Nikos wrote:
Those dirty, stinking turks attacked in their hundreds of thousands. They got slaughtered one after the other until their sheer numbers took its toll.

The backward nature of the turk can not be reversed. This bloodthirsty nation will get its punishment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cyprus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Major Turkish defeats by Europeans. (Nov '07) Sun Kosovo is Serbia ... 5
Greek fascistsÂ’ participation in Srebrenica ge... (Mar '12) Aug 27 Kosovo is Serbia 11
News Venizelos slams Turkey for 'flagrant violation ... (Oct '14) Aug 23 Ggff 798
Poll We use Turkish flags as toilet paper in the fre... (Jun '11) Aug 14 Zzzzzzz 16
News Turkey's EU Dream Jeopardized By Islamists (Jun '07) Aug 13 bmz 2,575
Turkish scum (Nov '06) Aug 12 turd 75
The Turks finally admit that they are bastards.... (Jan '09) Jul '16 Mikhail Andreevich 49
More from around the web