Downer fully focused on Cyprus problem

Downer fully focused on Cyprus problem

There are 33 comments on the The Cyprus Weekly story from May 13, 2013, titled Downer fully focused on Cyprus problem. In it, The Cyprus Weekly reports that:

The special advisor to UN Secretary-General for Cyprus, Alexander Downer, will report the latest developments in the efforts to resolve the long-standing Cyprus problem to the UN Security Council on May 30 following a dinner by the leaders of the two communities President Nicos Anastasiades and Turkish Cypriot leader Dervis Eroglu in Nicosia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cyprus Weekly.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Arisdumbass

Birmingham, UK

#1 May 13, 2013
Is dinner such a good idea?
Can't see them making the 2nd course.
For starters, Eroglu will order grilled hellim and Anastasiades halloumi.
There's more chance of a food fight than any meaningful dialogue
Themistocles

Bunya, Australia

#2 May 13, 2013
Halloumi is one of Downers favourites, he loves Greek food
Themistocles

Rochdale, UK

#4 May 13, 2013
Themistocles wrote:
Halloumi is one of Downers favourites, he loves Greek food
Maybe you could feed Downer your halloumi Themistocles ?
Keep your hands off the little boys ..... Ra pusdi
Themistocles

Kuraby, Australia

#5 May 13, 2013
Guy wrote:
<quoted text>You mean Cypriot food, Shirley ?
yes and he loves Greek food too Princess
lolol wit guy

Memphis, TN

#6 May 14, 2013
Guy wrote:
<quoted text>You mean Cypriot food, Shirley ?
,,,,,,then talk Cypriot or Cretan for that matter,,,,,lolol remember when in Cyprus talk Cypriot,,,,,,
AND gUY

Collierville, TN

#7 May 15, 2013
lolol wit guy wrote:
<quoted text>,,,,,,then talk Cypriot or Cretan for that matter,,,,,lolol remember when in Cyprus talk Cypriot,,,,,,
AND GUY dont forget to write in CYPRIOT also,,,,,,,
Cypriot

Dudley, UK

#8 May 15, 2013
AND gUY wrote:
<quoted text>AND GUY dont forget to write in CYPRIOT also,,,,,,,
Ok. Hassikdir shilon bastartes
CYPRIOT

Memphis, TN

#9 May 15, 2013
Cypriot wrote:
<quoted text>Ok. Hassikdir shilon bastartes
CYPRIOT----- http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cyprio...
Kantara2009

Turkey

#10 May 15, 2013
All a waste of time m.r Downer has Down syndrome as with the rest of the technocrats iin the EU .pissing in the wind!
Cypriot

Dudley, UK

#11 May 15, 2013
The official languages of Cyprus are Turkish and Greek

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-...
Kantara2009

Turkey

#12 May 15, 2013
Cypriot wrote:
The official languages of Cyprus are Turkish and Greek
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-...
..official ,what would that mean in the context of today's de facto Cyprus ? more to the point the population in the north are increasingly monothlific (especially ignorant of English language recently ) whilst in the south the great hope seems to be Russian speaking tourists/setelers /investors-and very very few people have bothered to learn the language
Themistocles

Bunya, Australia

#13 May 16, 2013
Kantara2009 wrote:
All a waste of time m.r Downer has Down syndrome as with the rest of the technocrats iin the EU .pissing in the wind!
Alexander Downer was the laughing stock of Australian Federal Politics and still remembered as such. He speaks like a pussycat, acts like a pussycat and he is a pussycat. He is no good to anybody, true story
Cypriot

Northampton, UK

#14 May 16, 2013
Kantara2009 wrote:
<quoted text>..official ,what would that mean in the context of today's de facto Cyprus ?
In the context of this thread and Topix, it means that Cyprus and Cypriots does not mean Greek.
Why do you live in the North while your heart is in the South?
Kantara2009

Turkey

#15 May 16, 2013
Cypriot wrote:
<quoted text>In the context of this thread and Topix, it means that Cyprus and Cypriots does not mean Greek.
Why do you live in the North while your heart is in the South?
....just trying to live out of a buble, got friends on both sides(hopefully pragmatic ones)been in and out of island since early 70s -have my own experiences and opinions, so who are you to judge whilst sitting in my country ,as an armchair expert
Cypriot

Northampton, UK

#16 May 16, 2013
Kantara2009 wrote:
<quoted text>....just trying to live out of a buble, got friends on both sides(hopefully pragmatic ones)been in and out of island since early 70s -have my own experiences and opinions, so who are you to judge whilst sitting in my country ,as an armchair expert
Come again. Sitting in your country am I?
Kantara2009

Turkey

#17 May 18, 2013
Cypriot wrote:
<quoted text>Come again. Sitting in your country am I?
d...uk
Dervis Eroglu

Turkey

#18 May 18, 2013
Kantara2009 wrote:
<quoted text>....just trying to live out of a buble, got friends on both sides(hopefully pragmatic ones)been in and out of island since early 70s -have my own experiences and opinions, so who are you to judge whilst sitting in my country ,as an armchair expert
Then who are you to judge and criticize Cypriots whilst temporally sitting in Cypriot country,
tourist is a tourist, whilst in Cyprus enjoy our beautiful island and Cordial and generous hospitality. but keep your opinions to your self. we are not interested, we listened to outsiders for far to long this is why we are in the sh*t we're in.
Themistocles

Bunya, Australia

#19 May 19, 2013
Dervis Eroglu wrote:
<quoted text>
Then who are you to judge and criticize Cypriots whilst temporally sitting in Cypriot country,
tourist is a tourist, whilst in Cyprus enjoy our beautiful island and Cordial and generous hospitality. but keep your opinions to your self. we are not interested, we listened to outsiders for far to long this is why we are in the sh*t we're in.
True Dervis, I agree 100% and I also think this Kantara chap dropped his guard for a moment.
Dervis Eroglu

Turkey

#20 May 19, 2013
Themistocles wrote:
<quoted text>True Dervis, I agree 100% and I also think this Kantara chap dropped his guard for a moment.
Themistocles , these bloody trolls suddenly crawl out of the sewer and start judging and give opinions where they have no right or business to do so,
enjoy sticking their big noses in where it doesn't belong praying on peoples misfortunes, I don't know who allowed this nut case to take up residence in Cyprus. I honestly don't..
turkofool

London, UK

#21 May 19, 2013
Dervis Eroglu wrote:
<quoted text>
Themistocles , these bloody trolls suddenly crawl out of the sewer and start judging and give opinions where they have no right or business to do so,
enjoy sticking their big noses in where it doesn't belong praying on peoples misfortunes, I don't know who allowed this nut case to take up residence in Cyprus. I honestly don't..
You are both one big [email protected]!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cyprus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Symbol of Turkish Flag is GREEK (Jun '10) 10 hr Greek 16
The antiquity obsessed Modern Greeks (Mar '08) 10 hr Greek 61
Why Turks hate Arabs and Greeks !!!! (May '11) Jul 27 Greek 160
Jokes about Greeks (Jun '12) Jul 25 Zinger 134
Quotes about Turks (Apr '11) Jul 20 Su D 160
News Kosovo and the Balkans: Independence Day Looms (Feb '08) Jul 8 Kosovo is Serbia 1,086
News Holy Punch! Cyprus Priest Biffs Groom's Backsla... Jun '16 8541 MARINE 30
More from around the web