Turkeys top 10 Roman sites!!!!!!

Posted in the Cyprus Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Aristodimos

Ansonia, CT

#1 Feb 23, 2013
www.todayszaman.com/news-307925-turkeys-top-1...

Everybody in the world knows it was Greco-Roman civilization.

Everybody else in the world knows that the cities origins,names the writings on the monuments and stones was Greek.

Everybody in the world knows that the people that were living in those cities were Greeks or Greek speakers.

Everybody in the world knows that even before Alexander the Great arrived in Asia minor,the Ionian and Aeolian Greeks were living there for at least a thousand years.

The Turks feel more safe to say the Romans did this and did that,because they no longer exist to claim them back.

Its a Greek blood,Greek workmanship,Greek architecture and Greek money that had build those cities,theaters and monuments.

Let Turks live on denial but the world knows the truth.
mike gc uk

Enfield, UK

#2 Feb 23, 2013
Aristodimos wrote:
www.todayszaman.com/news-30792 5-turkeys-top-10-roman-sides.h tml
Everybody in the world knows it was Greco-Roman civilization.
Everybody else in the world knows that the cities origins,names the writings on the monuments and stones was Greek.
Everybody in the world knows that the people that were living in those cities were Greeks or Greek speakers.
Everybody in the world knows that even before Alexander the Great arrived in Asia minor,the Ionian and Aeolian Greeks were living there for at least a thousand years.
The Turks feel more safe to say the Romans did this and did that,because they no longer exist to claim them back.
Its a Greek blood,Greek workmanship,Greek architecture and Greek money that had build those cities,theaters and monuments.
Let Turks live on denial but the world knows the truth.
.
&fe ature=youtu.be
greeko

Australia

#3 Feb 23, 2013
It's shocking that article uses the word "Greek" only once, like this....
"The one overwhelming reason to visit Aspendos as well as Side and Perge is to see the huge freestanding theater designed for it by a second-century A.D. architect named Zeno who fitted the stage with a solid backdrop instead of leaving it open to the scenery as the Greeks had done. "

It that sentence implying Zeno was not Greek ?
greeko

Australia

#4 Feb 23, 2013
Can someone count how many times that article uses the word "Roman" ? hahaha!
greeko

Australia

#5 Feb 23, 2013
Are Turks deluding themselves or the outside world when they refuse to acknowledge the truth about the Greek culture of these sites ?
Dervis Eroglu

Gloucester, UK

#6 Feb 23, 2013
Aristodimos wrote:
www.todayszaman.com/news-30792 5-turkeys-top-10-roman-sides.h tml
Everybody in the world knows it was Greco-Roman civilization.
Everybody else in the world knows that the cities origins,names the writings on the monuments and stones was Greek.
Everybody in the world knows that the people that were living in those cities were Greeks or Greek speakers.
Everybody in the world knows that even before Alexander the Great arrived in Asia minor,the Ionian and Aeolian Greeks were living there for at least a thousand years.
The Turks feel more safe to say the Romans did this and did that,because they no longer exist to claim them back.
Its a Greek blood,Greek workmanship,Greek architecture and Greek money that had build those cities,theaters and monuments.
Let Turks live on denial but the world knows the truth.
You said it, who ever they were they no longer exist.
greek

Union, NJ

#7 Feb 24, 2013
Dervis Eroglu wrote:
<quoted text>
You said it, who ever they were they no longer exist.
Yes but sad for you
WE GREEKS DO and those inscriptions are in GREEK not LATIN which is what the Romans spoke
greeko

Australia

#8 Feb 24, 2013
Dervis Eroglu wrote:
<quoted text>
You said it, who ever they were they no longer exist.
Dervis, all these sites ooze with Greek culture but for some reason Turks are incapable of acknowledging this. Why ? What is the reason for this historical deception ? Are Turks trying to deceive themselves or the tourists ?
Dervis Eroglu

Gloucester, UK

#9 Feb 24, 2013
greeko wrote:
<quoted text>
Dervis, all these sites ooze with Greek culture but for some reason Turks are incapable of acknowledging this. Why ? What is the reason for this historical deception ? Are Turks trying to deceive themselves or the tourists ?
I Agree with you the civilization that lived few 1000 years ago
ie The Romans, Egyptians the so called ancient Greek were more advanced then other. no denying that.

If you think Turks are denying the fact these people ever lived or never existed, then you be wrong, I suggest that you read Turkish history books you will find they are all mentioned in the Books.
Brit

Nicosia, Cyprus

#10 Feb 24, 2013
And perhaps you would like to enlarge on that Drivelling Dervish, and tell us what the so called Turkish civilization left behind for mankind??

In our opinion .NOTHING.
Rather they set out to destroy all signs of the Greco Roman empires which led us to where we are now.

Instead of hanging your heads in shame, you have the audacity to criticise others!
greeko

Australia

#11 Feb 24, 2013
Dervis, I didn't argue anything about whether the civilization was advanced or not. I am talking about deceiving the reader about the identity of the cultures that founded and/or developed those sites.

I said Turks are hiding the existence of Greeks. I didn't say Turks are hiding the existence of Romans or Egyptians. In fact, Turks are promoting Romans in a big way. In that article the word "Roman" is used over 35 times, the word "Greek" is used ONCE!. And that ONCE is in a negative way.

I suspect I will find the same situation in Turkish books.
greek

Union, NJ

#12 Feb 24, 2013
Dervis Eroglu wrote:
<quoted text>
I Agree with you the civilization that lived few 1000 years ago
ie The Romans, Egyptians the so called ancient Greek were more advanced then other. no denying that.
If you think Turks are denying the fact these people ever lived or never existed, then you be wrong, I suggest that you read Turkish history books you will find they are all mentioned in the Books.
trouble with you is your hatred towards Greeks. And Turkish books re-writing history Romans became so powerful and lasted so long because they gave whoever they conquered rights.Romans when they conquered the last of the
Greek Armies.Gave Greeks extra privilidged rights Greek were represented in the Roman Senate and
could work their way up to Generals.Eastern part of the Empire Greece Asia Minor,Palestine and
Egypt spoke Greek and the learning centers were All on the Greek part Pergasus,Alexandria and other cities Romans sent their children to the Greek side for their education.Greek language was spoken.Roman admired Greek culture
Roman Philosopher Ovid said "it was no a river of knowledge that flowed into Rome,twas an Ocean"
Diocletian split the Roman empire into two,Latins controlled the West were Greeks ruled the East
until Ottomans captured Constantinople in 1453 Greek was the Language,Christianity was the State religion.AND THAT IS WHY THE INSCRIPTIONS ARE IN GREEK NOT LATIN
Aristodimos

Ansonia, CT

#13 Feb 24, 2013
Soon or later the Turks will tell us that all cities and towns in Northern Cyprus were build by Romans not Greeks!!!!!
greek

Union, NJ

#14 Feb 24, 2013
Dervis Eroglu wrote:
<quoted text>
I Agree with you the civilization that lived few 1000 years ago
ie The Romans, Egyptians the so called ancient Greek were more advanced then other. no denying that.
If you think Turks are denying the fact these people ever lived or never existed, then you be wrong, I suggest that you read Turkish history books you will find they are all mentioned in the Books.
Dervis we never lost what was called "The Glory that was Greece"
We defeated an enemy 6 times larger than us a mere 60 years ago with NO WEAPONS only a few bi=planes from the First world war.We fought bravely when Hiltler came through 4 countries to bail out his lapdog Benito when he was crying for Hitler to bail him out.Greeks gave him a beating as well
Hitler was so impressed with Greek fighting bravery he allowed Greek soldiers to go home with their sidearms and demanded that there were not to have Victory parades
I bet your Turkish propaganda books don't mention that
Dervis Eroglu

Gloucester, UK

#15 Feb 24, 2013
greeko wrote:
Dervis, I didn't argue anything about whether the civilization was advanced or not. I am talking about deceiving the reader about the identity of the cultures that founded and/or developed those sites.
I said Turks are hiding the existence of Greeks. I didn't say Turks are hiding the existence of Romans or Egyptians. In fact, Turks are promoting Romans in a big way. In that article the word "Roman" is used over 35 times, the word "Greek" is used ONCE!. And that ONCE is in a negative way.
I suspect I will find the same situation in Turkish books.
I thought you would have known how the word ancient Greek became into existence
It's only been around 100 years or so. during their era they were no tribes called Greek.
Dervis Eroglu

Gloucester, UK

#16 Feb 24, 2013
greek wrote:
<quoted text>trouble with you is your hatred towards Greeks. And Turkish books re-writing history Romans became so powerful and lasted so long because they gave whoever they conquered rights.Romans when they conquered the last of the
Greek Armies.Gave Greeks extra privilidged rights Greek were represented in the Roman Senate and
could work their way up to Generals.Eastern part of the Empire Greece Asia Minor,Palestine and
Egypt spoke Greek and the learning centers were All on the Greek part Pergasus,Alexandria and other cities Romans sent their children to the Greek side for their education.Greek language was spoken.Roman admired Greek culture
Roman Philosopher Ovid said "it was no a river of knowledge that flowed into Rome,twas an Ocean"
Diocletian split the Roman empire into two,Latins controlled the West were Greeks ruled the East
until Ottomans captured Constantinople in 1453 Greek was the Language,Christianity was the State religion.AND THAT IS WHY THE INSCRIPTIONS ARE IN GREEK NOT LATIN
Yawn Yawn,
Dervis Eroglu

Gloucester, UK

#17 Feb 24, 2013
greek wrote:
<quoted text>Dervis we never lost what was called "The Glory that was Greece"
We defeated an enemy 6 times larger than us a mere 60 years ago with NO WEAPONS only a few bi=planes from the First world war.We fought bravely when Hiltler came through 4 countries to bail out his lapdog Benito when he was crying for Hitler to bail him out.Greeks gave him a beating as well
Hitler was so impressed with Greek fighting bravery he allowed Greek soldiers to go home with their sidearms and demanded that there were not to have Victory parades
I bet your Turkish propaganda books don't mention that
You and your Hitler, you are both monsters.
Aristodimos

Ansonia, CT

#18 Feb 24, 2013
Dervis Eroglu wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you would have known how the word ancient Greek became into existence
It's only been around 100 years or so. during their era they were no tribes called Greek.
Your wrong.The Romans were calling the Hellenes with the name Grecos.
The Eastern Roman empire was called Greco-Roman empire.

The Southern part of Italy and Sicily was called Magna Graecia[Greater Greece]before the Romans conquered the area.
mkz6

Shirley, NY

#19 Feb 24, 2013
Dervis Eroglu wrote:
<quoted text>
You said it, who ever they were they no longer exist.
dervis i love you man ,as a Greek ,i cant understand the stupiditity of the the Turksih goverment ,are they idiots ? sorry im getting pissed ,for the MFKRS greek president and ministers for going to Turkey for talks .WTF ,these people dont recongize what is written on Anatolia land .every godman person who had middle eastern ancient History knows well who lived there ,were not the Romans ,for the idiot Turkish goverment information the Romans dint move outside the Italian pennisula .only soldiers as garrisons and governors moved there to control the land .theybuilt roads and millitarry station ,but no damn Roman civilians lived in Anatolia ,But Greeks slavs Armeniasbefore long ago were Greeks by the coast lines ,lydians ,kapadokians ,assyrians ,friggiansin on the east Anatolia .all damn cities had Greek names ,Romans didnt Change the Turks Did .Effesos Roman ? give me a brake ,your capital Angyra ,Greek word for anchor .was Roman too ? antalaya Roman? another joke /.No one wants Anatolia we want the truth .THe Turkish goverment feel inferiority ,and try to put Greece down with these crop .Roman Anatolia my a@@. Finnaly did any Turkish guy took any History course in UK about the history in Anatolia from 1200BC to today or up to Ottoman empire ? any one I had it in Greece and i had that course in America as elective ,and i know the truth/.Dervis sorry man ,i had many years of history ,i dint had sheeps on the Greek mountains I went to school .Any way tell those tourists to see the writtings on the ruins in anatolia are Greek letters differet than,.man/,.no matter what i respect your opinion .
greek

Union, NJ

#20 Feb 24, 2013
Dervis Eroglu wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your Hitler, you are both monsters.
ME? what did I do? Never in the military
never hurt anyone,Why am I a monster? because I am Greek and all Greeks are monsters?
Hitler as a Monster I can understand.Yes he was evil Responsible for the deaths of 10 per cent of
the Greek population 1941-43 IT IS YOU TURKS WHO MADE HIM ONE BY SHOWING HIM HE COULD GET AWAY WITH GENOCIDE 70 million dead
Who today remembers the Armenian Massacres? NBC Radio Speech August 1939

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cyprus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News No gas drilling for two years Mon Mkz6 2
OBAMA sends warm support message to GREEKS. Mar 26 Mkz6 3
News Gas searching ship finds nothing off Cyprus Mar 26 Rockstar 1
Meanwhile 120,000 Turks live in Greece Mar 25 Rockstar 2
News Greece plans military exercises with Cyprus, ot... Mar 24 Mkz6 30
Greeks should blame themselves Mar 24 Mkz6 5
News Cyprus could open development bank Mar 24 Rockstar 1
More from around the web