|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2008

“The antiquity obsessed Modern Greeks can't even smile when they meet a Turk!”

What is the matter with you all?

Behind the Greek veil is there indeed no "Turkish" ingredient/s in the DNA and genetic makeup of the Modern Greek?

No wonder Greece refuses to allow foreign scientists to dig in their DNAs:)

After so many invasions of invaders adding their genes to the people of the Ancient City-States during the centuries of occupation, Turks made the final touch-ups. The Turks were the next invaders to occupy Greece for 500 years and added their genes to the Greek gene pool.Throw in Roma, Vlachs, Albanians, Armenians, Egyptians, etc, etc, and over the span of two thousand years you come up with “pure Greeks”. A mongrel race like no other. And there you have it! The Modern Greeks are the direct descendants of the glorious Ancient Hellenes!(the people of the non-existent so called Ancient Greece) Super-gifted (god-like) people who civilized the world! What absolute RUBBISH!

Modern Greeks use the word "Mongol" as a derogatory term to lash out at the Turks. It has become synonymous with Greek hatred. Hypocritical really, considering that the modern Greek genetic makeup consists of the very same people (and others of course) they so loath and despise!
GEOROX

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2008

TURK-ER wrote:
Modern Greeks use the word "Mongol" as a derogatory term to lash out at the Turks.
http://www.genomenewsnetwork.org/articles/07_...

A little sample:

"They (the archeologists) also found DNA sequences similar to those in present-day Turks, supporting the idea that some of the Turkish people originated in Mongolia....Skeletons from the most recent graves also contained DNA sequences similar to those in people from present-day Turkey. This supports other studies indicating that Turkish tribes originated at least in part in Mongolia at the end of the Xiongnu period."

It seems that there is some truth to this hypothesis, Turker.

“I came. I assimilated. I left.”

Since: Mar 08

I'll come back again!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2008

GEOROX wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.genomenewsnetwork.org/articles/07_...
A little sample:
"They (the archeologists) also found DNA sequences similar to those in present-day Turks, supporting the idea that some of the Turkish people originated in Mongolia....Skeletons from the most recent graves also contained DNA sequences similar to those in people from present-day Turkey. This supports other studies indicating that Turkish tribes originated at least in part in Mongolia at the end of the Xiongnu period."
It seems that there is some truth to this hypothesis, Turker.
We know why Greeks use it., so let it be that way if it makes you feel so happy GEOROX, although it doesnt change the reality associated with you all. Even the language that Greeks speak today doesnt have anything to do with the ancient one. It is reported that there are 4,000 and more different languages in the world, half of which will likely disappear in the next 50 years. Will the ‘authentic Greek’ be one of them?:)
GEOROX

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2008

TURK-ER wrote:
<quoted text>
We know why Greeks use it., so let it be that way if it makes you feel so happy GEOROX, although it doesnt change the reality associated with you all. Even the language that Greeks speak today doesnt have anything to do with the ancient one. It is reported that there are 4,000 and more different languages in the world, half of which will likely disappear in the next 50 years. Will the ‘authentic Greek’ be one of them?:)
I didn't say it, bro.
These are archeologists and genetcists that said it. What "reality" are you referring to?
As for the Greek language "not having anything to do with the ancient one", do you speak Greek Turker to make such a claim?
Modern Greek is more closely related to ancient Greek than any of the Romance languages are to the Latin. Modern Greek is VERY similar to ancient Greek.
Blackadder

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2008

GEOROX wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say it, bro.
These are archeologists and genetcists that said it. What "reality" are you referring to?
As for the Greek language "not having anything to do with the ancient one", do you speak Greek Turker to make such a claim?
Modern Greek is more closely related to ancient Greek than any of the Romance languages are to the Latin. Modern Greek is VERY similar to ancient Greek.
You cannot prove any of this - its is merely conjecture and propoganda.

Just like your assertion that Turkish DNA is infected and all the other racist shite you spout.

You are the worst kind of racist as you dress up your racism is lies and alleged "science"

Get a life, you sad B'stard
GEOROX

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2008

Blackadder wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like your assertion that Turkish DNA is infected and all the other racist shite you spout.
You are the worst kind of racist as you dress up your racism is lies and alleged "science"
I'm not the one proving anything, archeologists and geneticists are doing all the work.
By the way, I didn't start this thread, Turker did.
And when did I say that Turkish DNA is "infected"?
Those are your words, not mine.
What can I not prove? What is conjecture?
That the modern Greek language is directly related to the ancient Greek language?
Historians and linguists the world over will attest to this fact.
It is you, my racist little piggy, that shows a clear disdain for Greeks.
You dispise us.
It is quite evident in several of your posts.
Born free - Molon lave

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2008

Blackadder wrote:
<quoted text>
Blackdeath are you english?, history tells us that the indigenous peoples were forced west to current day wales. that means you are either, Vandal, Goth, Viking, saxon, norman, roman or god knows what else.

What are you?
Isokratis

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2008

Blackadder wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all look who started this thread.It wasnt a Greek but it is a Greek that is labelled a racist by you.

Secondly Greeks do not claim racial purity if there is such a thing not now and not in ancient times.
Greeks are those who share a common language and culture rather than those who share a common bloodline.

The ancient Greeks had colonised so many parts of Europe and Asia and created so many cities that their D.N.A actually came back to Greece a boomerang effect.

Our strongest and most valuable culture heritage is language,something that has evolved through the centuries.Isn't amazing to read something that was written thousands of years ago and understand it?

Born free - Molon lave

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2008

Isokratis wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all look who started this thread.It wasnt a Greek but it is a Greek that is labelled a racist by you.
Secondly Greeks do not claim racial purity if there is such a thing not now and not in ancient times.
Greeks are those who share a common language and culture rather than those who share a common bloodline.

The ancient Greeks had colonised so many parts of Europe and Asia and created so many cities that their D.N.A actually came back to Greece a boomerang effect.
Our strongest and most valuable culture heritage is language,something that has evolved through the centuries.Isn't amazing to read something that was written thousands of years ago and understand it?
Unfortunately Bladderinfection doesn't, he has just got over reading comic books. He is ashamed that his ancestoral literary accomplishments were how to blend oak roots and the legs of three frogs to make a laxative.

Antiquity was embraced.
Empire was despised.

That is the difference. Bladdersplatter..

I'll come back again!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2008

Letting you expose your hatred and manupulating your approaches are very easy., this is a Greek show off!
First of all I didn’t post that topic to insult Greeks.
I just wanted to raise something else than one of those everyday subjects full of hatred posted mostly by Greeks on day to day basis. If I want to insult you people I’d rather go on posting naked hatred subjects like many thick head Greeks practicing here., such as in your case that jump on the subject as if you have caught something to fight for. We are not in a war..,so get a life Greeks, and cool down your engines, you’ll need it throughout your life. Everyone is playing his own game in his interest..it is not a thread!

I'll come back again!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

Genetically, there is no modern nation that is descended directly from a 2,000 year old ancient nation. Such a notion does not belong in the category marked "reality". The point of this post of mine is to highlight the huge lapse in time between certain people once having a "Hellenic" conscience and a new people attempting to imitate it.
It maybe the same for Turks.
Although that we are not obsessed with antiquity as Greeks, our Turkish language is obsessed with us., we do speak a language as old as known history including the ancient one. We do understand the manuscripts of Turks lived 2000 years ago with some minor changes. We speak a language that is spoken throughout the world by 450 million people. I can easily understand someone speaking Uyghur Turkish even in Sincan district located in China.
Dont get it as an insult..
Born free - Molon lave

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

TURK-ER wrote:
Genetically, there is no modern nation that is descended directly from a 2,000 year old ancient nation. Such a notion does not belong in the category marked "reality". The point of this post of mine is to highlight the huge lapse in time between certain people once having a "Hellenic" conscience and a new people attempting to imitate it.
It maybe the same for Turks.
Although that we are not obsessed with antiquity as Greeks, our Turkish language is obsessed with us., we do speak a language as old as known history including the ancient one. We do understand the manuscripts of Turks lived 2000 years ago with some minor changes. We speak a language that is spoken throughout the world by 450 million people. I can easily understand someone speaking Uyghur Turkish even in Sincan district located in China.
Dont get it as an insult..
SO WHEN ARE YOU GOING BACK?
The Cypriot

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

TURK-ER wrote:
Behind the Greek veil is there indeed no "Turkish" ingredient/s in the DNA and genetic makeup of the Modern Greek?
After so many invasions of invaders adding their genes to the people of the Ancient City-States during the centuries of occupation, Turks made the final touch-ups. The Turks were the next invaders to occupy Greece for 500 years and added their genes to the Greek gene pool.Throw in Roma, Vlachs, Albanians, Armenians, Egyptians, etc, etc, and over the span of two thousand years you come up with “pure Greeks”. A mongrel race like no other. And there you have it! The Modern Greeks are the direct descendants of the glorious Ancient Hellenes!(the people of the non-existent so called Ancient Greece) Super-gifted (god-like) people who civilized the world! What absolute RUBBISH!
Modern Greeks use the word "Mongol" as a derogatory term to lash out at the Turks. It has become synonymous with Greek hatred. Hypocritical really, considering that the modern Greek genetic makeup consists of the very same people (and others of course) they so loath and despise!
STUPID POSTING.
What is the point?
Loyalty does not lie with genes.....

but you are too ignorant to understand that...

The Cypriot
Niv

North Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2008

TURK-ER wrote:
Typical posting from a Turk. First of all why would you expect any Greek to smile when they meet a Turk? Has your race done anything to deserve respect or friendship from Greeks?

Then you spew out some shit about us being the most mixed mongrel race ever, are you aware that only 4% of Turks are actually related to the original invaders? Yeah that article with the bones in it says a lot, you guys did come from the Mongolia area and basically migrated west. Your pathetic race brought nothing good to this world, you built no cities, you made no cultural achievements but do have several genocides under your belts. You are the closest living beings to the Borg from Star Trek, annhialate and assimilate.

You have for years now been committing cultural genocide as the largest Greek city ever (Constantinople) has been reduced to 2,000 Greeks remaining. The Agia Sophia is the grandest cathedral in the Orthodox world, but you guys do not allow it to be worshipped in.

You make stupid comments about modern Greek, obviously with no knowledge of the language. First of all Greek is the oldest European language, secondly modern Greek and ancient Greek do not have a clear break. What I mean by this is that historians generally agree that modern Greek was spoken sometime around Alexander the Great's time or just after. That means that modern Greek has been spoken continuously for about 2500 years now.

So if you want Greeks to smile when they meet a grubby Turk I suggest you find a newer approach, the one you have is obviously not working for you asshole!

“Eli Ole.. Ole...Oleo”

Since: Feb 07

LONDON UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2008

This whole turkers threat is a pile of crap

Hardly worth replying to any of this
Geo

Saskatoon, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2008

Isokratis wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the rest of these malakes around us worry about blood. Maybe they're self conscious about their own bloodlines?

They should be grateful. Nobody wants freaking Ancient Spartans armed with todays tactics and armaments. These idiots don't think. haha
Geo

Saskatoon, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2008

Born free - Molon lave wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately Bladderinfection doesn't, he has just got over reading comic books. He is ashamed that his ancestoral literary accomplishments were how to blend oak roots and the legs of three frogs to make a laxative.
Antiquity was embraced.
Empire was despised.
That is the difference. Bladdersplatter..
Yes, maybe he'd like the Greek population to be interested more in empire like the Turks are?
aussie turko

Camberwell, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2008

hey guys i stumbled on to this site by accident what wast of time when people are tring to show superioity to their ethnicity no matterwho they are. Every peoples in the world have had empires and lost them aswell, and if people originated from africa it means where all the same right!

now about greeks as architects and navigators in the ottoman, yes, they were given freedoms, and also if you go to turkey you will find lots of churces, unfortunately in greece mosques have been destroyed ,and you cant call yourself turkish people have been sent to jail for such thing they are only classed as moslems.Imagine if greeks wernt alowed to call themselves greeks in amarica, australia, england etc , how wonderful would you feel. come on lets get along you dont want all our childeren growing up to go to wars.
Greek 2

Carteret, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2008

TURK-ER wrote:
Serkan where do you get all these stupid views from?Totaly ridiculous,A lie is not the other side of the story,its still a lie
Greek 2

Carteret, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2008

Isokratis wrote:
<quoted text>
Greek was spoken throughout the Roman Empire,Alexander spread the Greek language up to India where some Indian languages there still have Greek words,Many Romance languages still have many Greek words,Even English is about 20%
Greek,It is the language of science

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cyprus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Victor Davis Hanson: Where's outrage over occup... 2 hr Kuvayi Milliye 78
Why i hate Turks (Dec '07) 12 hr concerned_human 458
Germans think of Greece and Greek Cyprus: Tue Show Time 15
Burning of Turkish flag in Greek Cyprus (Mar '13) Tue Show Time 95
CYPRUS: Western Dominion Held Hostage Tue Nick the Greek 1
It is in the name of ENOSIS that Cyprus has bee... Tue greek 8
Cyprus, Tourist from Norway raped in Aya Napa Mon Aya Napa 2

Search the Cyprus Forum:
•••