A Turk is calling his "Chobani" brand name yogurt "Greek yogurt" !!!!!

Posted in the Cyprus Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Aristodimos

Ansonia, CT

#1 Sep 16, 2011
A Turkish national who makes the brand name yogurt" Chobani" is calling his yogurt Greek.!!!!

Is he ashamed to call it Turkish?

Is he recognizes the fact that yogurt is Greek?
news

Plainfield, IL

#2 Sep 16, 2011
Aristodimos wrote:
A Turkish national who makes the brand name yogurt" Chobani" is calling his yogurt Greek.!!!!
Is he ashamed to call it Turkish?
Is he recognizes the fact that yogurt is Greek?
For your information, there are plenty of American companies calling their yogurt "Greek". Not because is Greek or made in Greece but made the same way and has the same texture.

Why is it important to bring out the negative in everything Aristodimos? Is there a perfect mold that people have to fit in and anything out of the so called, "norm" is bad? Who establish the "norm" anyway? Are you telling us that everything that is Greek is right and perfect?

I wish for people to celebrate diversity, admit we are all different because we are individuals and not because we are inferior. I wish for people to realize that the problems in this world are created by governments and not by innocent people. The only way we can influence our governments and replace idiots in leadership is by uniting as people and stop the petty attacks. The TCs or mainland Turks of this forum are not responsible for what had happened in Cyprus. Neither are the Cypriots of today responsible for the actions of the GCs prior to 74.

The politicians want people to hate, fight and always be in conflict to justify their incompetence. People should outsmart them and unite to replace them and restore sanity.

What has always angered me and made me take sides in this issue is the arrogance and insults of the GCs. They become so irrational, hateful and violent and in their little minds they forget that they are referring to humans and fail to comprehend that the true victims are the civilians. They have a chance to talk and understand the other side, they have the chance to influence a solution indirectly through a more educated, younger generation and still go for attacks that perpetuated hate and division.

Yes, the ingredients in the foods we eat are similar, yes we all have feelings and disagreements and yes, we are all citizens and subjects of our own countries. Sometimes we are blessed and prosper with good leadership and sometimes we end up in war and senseless fights that divert attention from our true potential and purpose in life. The sooner we recognize what unites us, the sooner will stop the evil that divides us and enjoy life.

Every single individual has a civic duty to choose and elect an expert in diplomacy, leadership and integrity. WE have to make sure the people we hire represent our wishes, desires to meet our goals. It is pathetic to condone their incompetence and blame innocent civilians for their failures. Not many here agree that their government failed them and people got hurt in the process. Not many feel cheated and betrayed but the leaders they hired to represent them. Many look for the easy way out and end up hating the innocent civilians of Turkey blaming them for no progress. What happened to your own guy that lied to you and promised you to handle the case?

Cyprus issues, Cyprus subjects are under the leadership of Cyprus. The hierarchy of things should tell people that when unhappy, they should address their grievances to the different levels of Cyprus government. Not through verbal attacks to the citizens of another country but through diplomacy and laws. People should be the rock and the true influence on the people they elect. Things may be addressed with dysfunctional attacks on the Springer show but in the civilized, educated world, we should try to communicate and close the gap that divides us. Neither Greek or Turkish civilians bare the burden of their countries' failures, the leadership does. Finding ways to communicate with the voters, educate them and humanize them is the only way to increase the chances of a winning election.
Tc In London

Loughton, UK

#3 Sep 16, 2011
Aristodimos wrote:
A Turkish national who makes the brand name yogurt" Chobani" is calling his yogurt Greek.!!!!
Is he ashamed to call it Turkish?
Is he recognizes the fact that yogurt is Greek?
Ulukaya is Kurdish, from the eastern part of Turkey, near the Euphrates River. He has six brothers and comes from a family with a long history of sheep farming.“The most difficult decision that I have ever made was the decision to leave my family and life in Turkey to come to America.”

does it make sense now???
Tc In London

Loughton, UK

#4 Sep 16, 2011
we Turks teach them to make yoghurt then they sell it as greek lol

i am looking in a dictionary and the yoghurt name is ancient greek before christ lol
Tc In London

Loughton, UK

#5 Sep 16, 2011
but dont worry all profits going back to Turkey

call ity what you like
Tc In London

Loughton, UK

#6 Sep 16, 2011
here just for you aristodomos

best answer

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
ohSHUTupYOGURT

Collierville, TN

#7 Sep 16, 2011
Tc In London wrote:
we Turks teach them to make yoghurt then they sell it as greek lol
i am looking in a dictionary and the yoghurt name is ancient greek before christ lol
lolololol,,,,,,,,oh shut up!!! greek yogurt been around for 1000s of years with ancient greeks-------seleucid(mongoltu rks even took the name seleucid and modified it to seljuk)seleucid greeks brought it to u when alexander the great went after persian empire and its allies for attacking greeks-------lololol..... http://www.ehow.co.uk/info_8578890_nutritiona...
Tc In London

Loughton, UK

#8 Sep 16, 2011
ohSHUTupYOGURT wrote:
<quoted text>lolololol,,,,,,,,oh shut up!!! greek yogurt been around for 1000s of years with ancient greeks-------seleucid(mongoltu rks even took the name seleucid and modified it to seljuk)seleucid greeks brought it to u when alexander the great went after persian empire and its allies for attacking greeks-------lololol..... http://www.ehow.co.uk/info_8578890_nutritiona...
play it again sam
Mkz6

Newark, NJ

#10 Sep 16, 2011
Tc In London wrote:
we Turks teach them to make yoghurt then they sell it as greek lol
i am looking in a dictionary and the yoghurt name is ancient greek before christ lol
. Re TC I see dolmas the can says authentic Greek recipe the can has ancient greek design the name is Zorbas dolmas and I look in
The back of the can says product of turkey . Don't believe me just google and find fiord your self . Also thee Is a souvlaki restaurant by my house has blue and write as Greek flag but the owner is Turkish .what Is going on man ?can you sat Ahmet dolmas or Turkish kebab store?why you put Greek ?

“Target: OZ-World. cCc”

Since: Aug 11

Warriorness - Honour- Genocide

#11 Sep 19, 2011
Mkz6 wrote:
<quoted text>. Re TC I see dolmas the can says authentic Greek recipe the can has ancient greek design the name is Zorbas dolmas and I look in
The back of the can says product of turkey . Don't believe me just google and find fiord your self . Also thee Is a souvlaki restaurant by my house has blue and write as Greek flag but the owner is Turkish .what Is going on man ?can you sat Ahmet dolmas or Turkish kebab store?why you put Greek ?
Utter filty disgusting piece of Greek! YOGURT IS NOT Greek. I love food, and i would know if yogurt is GREEK. FFS STOP STEALIN.

Dolmas is not GREEK... nice try , greek wimmin cooking...REALLLY/ Is this some sorta joke?
MKZ6

Shirley, NY

#12 Sep 19, 2011
Gift And a Curse88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Utter filty disgusting piece of Greek! YOGURT IS NOT Greek. I love food, and i would know if yogurt is GREEK. FFS STOP STEALIN.
Dolmas is not GREEK... nice try , greek wimmin cooking...REALLLY/ Is this some sorta joke?
re curse i like yogurt too but in USA all yogurts say up front Greek Yogurt even YOplay from FRance says Greek yogurt whai is going on man,is yogurt for gay people ?i dont know come to america and check a supermarket .now i will send you Zorba authentic Greek recipe Dolmas product of turkey ,let me see if i can find that company.

“Target: OZ-World. cCc”

Since: Aug 11

Warriorness - Honour- Genocide

#13 Sep 19, 2011
MKZ6 wrote:
<quoted text>re curse i like yogurt too but in USA all yogurts say up front Greek Yogurt even YOplay from FRance says Greek yogurt whai is going on man,is yogurt for gay people ?i dont know come to america and check a supermarket .now i will send you Zorba authentic Greek recipe Dolmas product of turkey ,let me see if i can find that company.
just admit yuou stole yogurt and called it grek when it wasnt.

Dolmas also

Tzaiki? Yes....you guessed it, TURKISH.
MKZ6

Shirley, NY

#14 Sep 19, 2011
Gift And a Curse88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Utter filty disgusting piece of Greek! YOGURT IS NOT Greek. I love food, and i would know if yogurt is GREEK. FFS STOP STEALIN.
Dolmas is not GREEK... nice try , greek wimmin cooking...REALLLY/ Is this some sorta joke?
give your address and i will send you a can of Zorba authentic Greek recipe dolmas made in Turkey,
MKZ6

Shirley, NY

#15 Sep 19, 2011
Gift And a Curse88 wrote:
<quoted text>
just admit yuou stole yogurt and called it grek when it wasnt.
Dolmas also
Tzaiki? Yes....you guessed it, TURKISH.
now re curce all the restaurants in turkey were Greek so who invented the yougurt or the dolma or the kebab or the tzathiki or or who knows ? nobody knows they live toghether, so one or the other invented but we dont know who.make sence to you dont make sence to me lol,who cares buttom line you give a name just to sell your product ,if Greek name or recipe helps than you doit.

“Target: OZ-World. cCc”

Since: Aug 11

Warriorness - Honour- Genocide

#16 Sep 19, 2011
MKZ6 wrote:
<quoted text>now re curce all the restaurants in turkey were Greek so who invented the yougurt or the dolma or the kebab or the tzathiki or or who knows ? nobody knows they live toghether, so one or the other invented but we dont know who.make sence to you dont make sence to me lol,who cares buttom line you give a name just to sell your product ,if Greek name or recipe helps than you doit.
how would you know what i said if it didnt make sense? I couldve agreed reeeeeeeeeee = D

most food come from sultan palaces, not constantine, and the sultans loved food. but you wouldnt know this reeeeeeeee
MKZ6

Shirley, NY

#17 Sep 19, 2011
Gift And a Curse88 wrote:
<quoted text>
how would you know what i said if it didnt make sense? I couldve agreed reeeeeeeeeee = D
most food come from sultan palaces, not constantine, and the sultans loved food. but you wouldnt know this reeeeeeeee
yes they ate too much and they were fat and ugly i dont want to be a fat sultan anyway

“Target: OZ-World. cCc”

Since: Aug 11

Warriorness - Honour- Genocide

#18 Sep 19, 2011
MKZ6 wrote:
<quoted text>yes they ate too much and they were fat and ugly i dont want to be a fat sultan anyway
they were ugly? i couldnt say, i do not look at them in that way.
MKZ6

Shirley, NY

#19 Sep 19, 2011
Gift And a Curse88 wrote:
<quoted text>
they were ugly? i couldnt say, i do not look at them in that way.
good night my friend , i have to cut some trees tommorow ,i have tooo many by my house i hate to pick the leafs in november , i see you tommorow

“Target: OZ-World. cCc”

Since: Aug 11

Warriorness - Honour- Genocide

#20 Sep 20, 2011
MKZ6 wrote:
<quoted text>good night my friend , i have to cut some trees tommorow ,i have tooo many by my house i hate to pick the leafs in november , i see you tommorow
you silly boy, tryin to make jokes huh

“LOL STFU”

Since: Mar 13

Funky Town

#21 Apr 2, 2013
Aristodimos wrote:
A Turkish national who makes the brand name yogurt" Chobani" is calling his yogurt Greek.!!!!
Is he ashamed to call it Turkish?
Is he recognizes the fact that yogurt is Greek?
Yoghurt isn't Greek you idiot. It's Turkish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cyprus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Video of Greek army creates controversy in region 9 min Mkz6 313
why greeks look like turk (Apr '12) 10 min srbo 33
Stupid Turks!! (Apr '12) 2 hr unknown 61
Turks they don't belong to the human race. 3 hr TRNC 3
Turk means donkey or monkey? (Dec '13) 3 hr unknown 44
I Hate Greeks (Jun '08) 3 hr unknown 677
The Capital of Civilisations: LEFKO&#350;A 14 hr greek 19
•••

Cyprus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••