Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Feb 15, 2013

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1 Feb 15, 2013
The world-wide One Billion Rising event was realized on the 14th of February Valentine’s Day to demand an end to violence against women.
Women in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus joined the simultaneous celebration of the international event.
Turkish Cypriot women and their supporters gathered in the capital Lefkosa yesterday afternoon to walk out, dance, rise up and demand an end to violence against women.
The crowd gathered and marched with slogans to speak out for action to tackle violence against girls and women across the world, accompanied by dance shows.
Similar organizations also took place in Girne and Gazimagusa.
The One Billion Rising Event took place on Valentine’s Day which also celebrates the 15th Anniversary of V-day, the global movement to end violence against women and girls.
Observer

Limassol, Cyprus

#2 Feb 15, 2013
What are you doing about women in Turkey?

or do they wait to join the EU before treating them right? Boy they have a long wait.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cyprus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is the main supporter of ISIS? 10 hr greek 26
Greek legends? Are they really true? 14 hr Show Time 32
Ertug slams Yerondopoulos about remarks 15 hr greek 2
Turkish people are so ugly. (Oct '08) 16 hr Gen 921
Why Turkish people smell so bad? (May '11) 16 hr Gen 152
30th August celebrations 16 hr FHGWS 1
Bi-communal statement on 1st Sept WPD 16 hr FHGWS 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••