Cyyprus 1974 Missing persons, what is...

Cyyprus 1974 Missing persons, what is the truth?

Posted in the Cyprus Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#1 Feb 3, 2013
Missing persons, what is the truth?

On April 17, 1991, Ambassador Nelson Ledsky testified before the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee that "most of the 'missing persons' disappeared in the first days of July 1974, before the Turkish intervention on the 20th. Many killed on the Greek side were killed by Greek Cypriots in fighting between supporters of Makarios and Sampson."

On Nov. 6, 1974, Ta Nea reported that dates from the graves of Greek Cypriots killed in the five days between July 15-20 were erased in order to blame these deaths on the subsequent Turkish military action.

On March 3, 1996, the Greek Cypriot Cyprus Mail wrote: "(Greek) Cypriot governments have found it convenient to conceal the scale of atrocities during the July 15 coup in an attempt to downplay its contribution to the tragedy of the summer of 1974 and instead blame the Turkish invasion for all casualties. There can be no justification for any government that failed to investigate this sensitive humanitarian issue. The shocking admission by the Clerides government that there are people buried in Nicosia cemetery who are still included in the list of the 'missing' is the last episode of a human drama which has been turned into a propaganda tool."

On Oct. 19 1996, Mr. Georgios Lanitis wrote: "I was serving with the Foreign Information Service of the Republic of Cyprus in London... I deeply apologize to all those I told that there are 1,619 missing persons. I misled them. I was made a liar, deliberately, by the government of Cyprus ..... today it seems that the credibility of Cyprus is nil."

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#2 Feb 3, 2013
All in Black and White and documented.
Greek

Bloomington, IN

#3 Feb 4, 2013
Sultan Suleyman wrote:
Missing persons, what is the truth?
On April 17, 1991, Ambassador Nelson Ledsky testified before the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee that "most of the 'missing persons' disappeared in the first days of July 1974, before the Turkish intervention on the 20th. Many killed on the Greek side were killed by Greek Cypriots in fighting between supporters of Makarios and Sampson."
On Nov. 6, 1974, Ta Nea reported that dates from the graves of Greek Cypriots killed in the five days between July 15-20 were erased in order to blame these deaths on the subsequent Turkish military action.
On March 3, 1996, the Greek Cypriot Cyprus Mail wrote: "(Greek) Cypriot governments have found it convenient to conceal the scale of atrocities during the July 15 coup in an attempt to downplay its contribution to the tragedy of the summer of 1974 and instead blame the Turkish invasion for all casualties. There can be no justification for any government that failed to investigate this sensitive humanitarian issue. The shocking admission by the Clerides government that there are people buried in Nicosia cemetery who are still included in the list of the 'missing' is the last episode of a human drama which has been turned into a propaganda tool."
On Oct. 19 1996, Mr. Georgios Lanitis wrote: "I was serving with the Foreign Information Service of the Republic of Cyprus in London... I deeply apologize to all those I told that there are 1,619 missing persons. I misled them. I was made a liar, deliberately, by the government of Cyprus ..... today it seems that the credibility of Cyprus is nil."
This Nelson Ledsky are appointed by politians and as we all know what they are -crooked liars This one probably a Lobbyist working for the Turkish Government.We were there in the summer of 74 and witnessed the Napalm and the shooting down of innocent civilians fleeing your Glorious Turkish Army.Attacking Greeks in their sleep
What country behaves like this?
trackstar

Fitzroy, Australia

#4 Feb 4, 2013
hahahaha!!!

The Greeks were fighting amongst themselves with mainly small arms and machine guns. A few grenades here and there.

The Turks had fighter planes, tanks, napalm, warships, artillery and plenty of other NATO army stuff. And, most importantly, mouth-frothing anti-Greek hatred.

Do the math Sultan !
trackstar

Fitzroy, Australia

#5 Feb 4, 2013
Hey Sultan,

how come Turkey didn't help those GCs fighting Sampson and instead attacked them and stole their homes and lands forever ?
trackstar

Fitzroy, Australia

#6 Feb 4, 2013
why are you avoiding your own thread Sultan ?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#7 Feb 4, 2013
trackstar wrote:
hahahaha!!!
The Greeks were fighting amongst themselves with mainly small arms and machine guns. A few grenades here and there.
The Turks had fighter planes, tanks, napalm, warships, artillery and plenty of other NATO army stuff. And, most importantly, mouth-frothing anti-Greek hatred.
Do the math Sultan !
.
Enosis is not a game for Greeks to play whenever they feel like it.
I post 4 documents first document from US and others from Greek source.
Your accusation needs a back up from credible source.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#8 Feb 4, 2013
trackstar wrote:
why are you avoiding your own thread Sultan ?
.
Have a good look at the heading of the tread:
1974 Missing persons, what is the truth?
4 document for you to read and investigate, non of the sources are Turkish,
GC from Jersey

Union, NJ

#9 Feb 4, 2013
trackstar wrote:
hahahaha!!!
The Greeks were fighting amongst themselves with mainly small arms and machine guns. A few grenades here and there.
The Turks had fighter planes, tanks, napalm, warships, artillery and plenty of other NATO army stuff. And, most importantly, mouth-frothing anti-Greek hatred.
Do the math Sultan !
How many Turkish Troops you lose? How many Jets Shot down?
Lying greeks

Bilston, UK

#10 Feb 4, 2013
GC from Jersey wrote:
<quoted text>How many Turkish Troops you lose? How many Jets Shot down?
You think trackstar is a Turk?
Can you comprehend what you read?...I don't think so...every comment you make is Turk bashing..you see what you want to see...you are getting dumber by the day.
C U next Tuesday.

Dumb C U next Tuesday

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#11 Feb 4, 2013
GC from Jersey wrote:
<quoted text>How many Turkish Troops you lose? How many Jets Shot down?
.
How did they shot down jets with small arms or machine gun?
.By the way, we are talking about "1974 Missing persons, what is the truth?"
Panos

Greece

#12 Feb 4, 2013
Panos

Greece

#13 Feb 4, 2013
Who judged my post as "funny"?
I ll punish him!:-D
Greek

Bloomington, IN

#14 Feb 5, 2013
GC from Jersey wrote:
<quoted text>How many Turkish Troops you lose? How many Jets Shot down?
OK made a simple mistake,but tell me even with WW2 vintage weapons,How many jets were the GCs managed to shoot down and you tell me the high cost of Turkish troops killed by those same weapons
lying scrum turks

London, UK

#15 Feb 5, 2013
the most evil people on land turks murdered millions and deep down l think millions are still in turkish barbaric prisons these people are barbaric in 1974 it showed our men in dirty camps an english reporter asked greek fellows how they were being treated they said good what the murders did were to convice the greeks that they going to let them go they murdered one by one l dislike these people
London Observer

London, UK

#16 Feb 5, 2013
lying scrum turks wrote:
the most evil people on land turks murdered millions and deep down l think millions are still in turkish barbaric prisons these people are barbaric in 1974 it showed our men in dirty camps an english reporter asked greek fellows how they were being treated they said good what the murders did were to convice the greeks that they going to let them go they murdered one by one l dislike these people
.
Go back to Greece we dont want you here in London.
who-wher-what-wh y

Runcorn, UK

#17 Feb 5, 2013
trackstar wrote:
hahahaha!!!
The Greeks were fighting amongst themselves with mainly small arms and machine guns. A few grenades here and there.
The Turks had fighter planes, tanks, napalm, warships, artillery and plenty of other NATO army stuff. And, most importantly, mouth-frothing anti-Greek hatred.
Do the math Sultan !
Your turkish army was never as brave as you say, they never got to reprieve Kokkina because of the simple fact the Cypriot National Gaurd was better.
You can say Kokkina was never in the plan but you lost more front lone troops, over 2,000, than we lost National Guard.
But then you knew when you invaded at 1 to 1 fighting you would lose which is why it took so many of you.
The turkish army of cowards, thats what you are.
Lying greeks

UK

#18 Feb 5, 2013
who-wher-what-why wrote:
<quoted text>
Your turkish army was never as brave as you say, they never got to reprieve Kokkina because of the simple fact the Cypriot National Gaurd was better.
You can say Kokkina was never in the plan but you lost more front lone troops, over 2,000, than we lost National Guard.
But then you knew when you invaded at 1 to 1 fighting you would lose which is why it took so many of you.
The turkish army of cowards, thats what you are.
Bre retard, you think you are replying to a Turk?
Do these retards comprehend what they are reading?...I don't think so.
No coward greeks showed up for a fight in '74
Dervis Eroglu

London, UK

#19 Feb 5, 2013
Greek wrote:
<quoted text> OK made a simple mistake,but tell me even with WW2 vintage weapons,How many jets were the GCs managed to shoot down and you tell me the high cost of Turkish troops killed by those same weapons
You blood thirsty putana.
who-wher-what-wh y

Runcorn, UK

#20 Feb 5, 2013
Lying greeks wrote:
<quoted text>Bre retard, you think you are replying to a Turk?
Do these retards comprehend what they are reading?...I don't think so.
No coward greeks showed up for a fight in '74
If there was a prize for stupity you would win, without hands,
If there was no Greek Cypriot National Guard or Fighters how come you lost over 2,000 army personel.
I suppose they could of tripped over and died, I suppose there could of been killed by the turkish air force & navy like the frigate but I doubt it.
As to retards you are showing distinct signs of being one without a doubt.
You should be ashamed of yourself, not knowing your own history.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cyprus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Turks claim that there is a conspiracy to b... (Jun '13) Jan 18 Mkz6 43
Turks are barbarians? Yes with the rest of the ... (Jun '12) Jan 18 Mkz6 83
Poll TUKS hate GREEKS because.... (Mar '12) Jan 11 Mkz6 3
was makarios gay (Aug '07) Jan 6 Mkz6 94
Why Istanbul[Constantinoble] is Greek? Dec 26 Mkz6 5
Google - Greek volunteers in Serbian army Dec '16 Osam milenijuma 5
Greek volunteers in the Srebrenica Genocide (Dec '10) Dec '16 Osam milenijuma 84
More from around the web