Turkey became a country in 1923...

Turkey became a country in 1923...

Posted in the Cyprus Forum

666 SATAN

Bridgeport, CT

#1 Mar 6, 2009
The Ottoman empire was multi-ethnic and multi-cultural.

Kemal Ataturk brought an end to this empire by removing the last Sultan.He changed the system,the government,the laws,their dresses,their hair style,even the alphabet.

A new country was born....now called TURKEY.

In 1923,Cyprus was a British colony.The muslim citizens of Cyprus were called musulmans.They had a choice to leave Cyprus and sell their properties or remain in Cyprus and become British subjects.The majority remained in Cyprus.The muslim Cypriots,who most of them were fluent in Greek too,were just about 15-18% of the population.

If the muslim Cypriots,had never gone back to Turkey,when did they become Turkish nationals or ethnic Turks?

Even today in Turkey,the majority of its citizens are not from Turkish ethnic origins.

Does anybody knows...?

“Ne Mutlu TURKUM Diyene !”

Since: Dec 08

Mersin

#2 Mar 6, 2009
The core of most of the problems is this retarded Greek denial of existence of other ethnicities than native Greek.

Like it or not there is an ethnic Turkish community in Cyprus who are present on the island for atleast 500 years.

So stop moaning who is Greek,who is a crypto Turk etc. and start with recognition of the Turkish community of the island.They were never Muslim Cypriots.

Just because your madly denying the existence of Turks living within the borders of your countries,that doesnt make them one of you.

Oh but then,you and most of the Greeks are fucked up braindead,clueless morons and you should not be taken seriously.
LAWSPREVAIL

Collierville, TN

#3 Mar 6, 2009
Mediterranean wrote:
The core of most of the problems is this retarded Greek denial of existence of other ethnicities than native Greek.
Like it or not there is an ethnic Turkish community in Cyprus who are present on the island for atleast 500 years.
So stop moaning who is Greek,who is a crypto Turk etc. and start with recognition of the Turkish community of the island.They were never Muslim Cypriots.
Just because your madly denying the existence of Turks living within the borders of your countries,that doesnt make them one of you.
Oh but then,you and most of the Greeks are fucked up braindead,clueless morons and you should not be taken seriously.
CUT THE BS.......thats why you got rid of the greeks from turkey after you signed treaty of lausanne 1923 but turks in greece are safe and multiplying ........
Letters from Brasil

Mineiros Do TietĂȘ, Brazil

#4 Mar 6, 2009
Mediterranean wrote:
The core of most of the problems is this retarded Greek denial of existence of other ethnicities than native Greek.
Like it or not there is an ethnic Turkish community in Cyprus who are present on the island for atleast 500 years.
So stop moaning who is Greek,who is a crypto Turk etc. and start with recognition of the Turkish community of the island.They were never Muslim Cypriots.
Just because your madly denying the existence of Turks living within the borders of your countries,that doesnt make them one of you.
Oh but then,you and most of the Greeks are fucked up braindead,clueless morons and you should not be taken seriously.
Yep and Al Pacino is Turkish. Idiot!

“Ne Mutlu TURKUM Diyene !”

Since: Dec 08

Mersin

#5 Mar 6, 2009
LAWSPREVAIL wrote:
<quoted text>CUT THE BS.......thats why you got rid of the greeks from turkey after you signed treaty of lausanne 1923 but turks in greece are safe and multiplying ........
Really ? What about the Turks of Crete,Rhodes and Peleponnese ? Where are they now ?

Oh,right.

They were not Turks,they were Greek muslims eh ?

“Ne Mutlu TURKUM Diyene !”

Since: Dec 08

Mersin

#6 Mar 6, 2009
Letters from Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep and Al Pacino is Turkish. Idiot!
You brazilians are the 2nd most retarded nation in teh world after Greece.

Did i ever say Al was Turkish ?
666 SATAN

Bridgeport, CT

#7 Mar 6, 2009
I just want to know when the muslim Cypriots became ethnic Turks? Did the British colonialists were the masterminds behind Turkish nationalism and uprising in order to counter balance the GC demands....?
LAWSPREVAIL

Collierville, TN

#8 Mar 6, 2009
Mediterranean wrote:
<quoted text>
Really ? What about the Turks of Crete,Rhodes and Peleponnese ? Where are they now ?
Oh,right.
They were not Turks,they were Greek muslims eh ?
in the greek cities that are now in the newly formed country turkey in 1923,that were taken from the greeks.......... http://www.rodos.com/rhodes-tn/index.html you avoided the question how come after treaty of lausane 1923 which stated the greeks or turks who stayed on either side of the borders were to be left alone.........greece repected that and turks multiplied today from about 100000 in 1923 to almost 200000 today.. while greeks were killed and harassed to leave from turkey by the turks especially 1955 progroms against greeks from around 300000 only about 1000 seniors left.......
letters from Brasil

Mineiros Do TietĂȘ, Brazil

#9 Mar 7, 2009
Mediterranean wrote:
<quoted text>
You brazilians are the 2nd most retarded nation in teh world after Greece.
Did i ever say Al was Turkish ?
No, you did not...I just thought it was an insult to his image...
Now, different ethinics can leave together, Brazil is such a good example of this. The problem is to take something that DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU. CYPRUS IS NOT TURKISH LAND. Yes, we could accomodate your people...but it is not right to take land that does not belong to you.
It is such a childish attitude to insult the intellegence of a nation...well, why am I surprised???
I visited your poor country years ago, and could see people living in heritage sites, begging for money and stealing from people who were there to enjoy the beauty of your land. This is shameful, Al Pacino. This is sad. ThIS is ignorance.
In Brazil, people are what they are, proud of working hard, and leaving the difficulties of being a colony of exploration for 500 years, Sure, you did not know what it means, do you? Google it.
They don't want to be, what they are not. You guys want to be part of EUROPE, for God's sake!
And more than that, they don't steal land.
And, to save you from grief to Google info on Greece, Cyprus and Brazil, I am not Brazilian, I just live here because I can.....Lol because I am an idiot Greek...I can enjoy this beautiful country who welcome all ethinics without having to steal from anybody.
Have a nice day! I am having one! SMILE
Serkan

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Mar 7, 2009
LAWSPREVAIL wrote:
<quoted text>in the greek cities that are now in the newly formed country turkey in 1923,that were taken from the greeks.......... http://www.rodos.com/rhodes-tn/index.html you avoided the question how come after treaty of lausane 1923 which stated the greeks or turks who stayed on either side of the borders were to be left alone.........greece repected that and turks multiplied today from about 100000 in 1923 to almost 200000 today.. while greeks were killed and harassed to leave from turkey by the turks especially 1955 progroms against greeks from around 300000 only about 1000 seniors left.......
You keep praising with better life conditions in Greece. Maybe that is why Turks stayed in Greece and Greeks left Turkey for Greece.
PIRATIS

Limassol, Cyprus

#11 Mar 7, 2009
Mediterranean wrote:
<quoted text>
Really ? What about the Turks of Crete,Rhodes and Peleponnese ? Where are they now ?
Oh,right.
They were not Turks,they were Greek muslims eh ?
PROBABLY in HELL, WHERE YOU ARE ALSO GOING.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cyprus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Why Turkish girls like Kurdish men? (Feb '10) Nov 30 I wont tell you 118
GREEK "the MOST BEAUTIFUL LANGUAGE IN THE WORLD" (Nov '09) Nov 22 Angela 61
Why Istanbul[Constantinoble] is Greek? Nov 20 Rockstar 3
was makarios gay (Aug '07) Nov 18 Kokos 93
Turkish people are so ugly. (Oct '08) Nov '16 cool1 939
Neo-Hellenic Culture of Fake Greece, Made in Ge... (Jan '15) Oct '16 Historian 5
Western Turkey is still Greek.... (Feb '09) Oct '16 IOANNIS 119
More from around the web