Comments
3,681 - 3,700 of 6,018 Comments Last updated Saturday

Since: Mar 13

Richmond Hill, GA

#3815 May 26, 2013
Thanks Phil-P ... I will certainly try to make those financial arrangements with BOA. Great advice!

Effie ... Thanks for answering my question about water. I certainly did not want to spend my time in CR inside a stall!

You people freakin' ROCK!!

OkeefenokeeJoe

Since: May 13

Severn, MD

#3816 May 26, 2013
Hey everyone. Just arrived back in the U.S. on Saturday from Costa Rica after having a full mouth restoration. 10 implants. 5 single stage and 5 two stage. Came home with 22 permanent crowns. 12 Zirconium and 10 porcelain. I am very pleased with the look. Just have to get used to how good they look. I will be returning in 3-4 months to complete treatment. I had all the work done by Cavallini's son Dr Marco.

Hey Woody66. It's Nick. It was a pleasure meeting you and I hope all is well with your treatment. Private message me about when you are returning to finish your treatment. You saw my results so when you get a chance send me some pics of yours. Anyone else interested in having work done, message me, and would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#3817 May 26, 2013
Hey Nick, things for everything. Everyone here is talking about how good your work looked. I just called Stephon over to read your post.

There were about four new people who came in today. They are "rookies". I have a whole week under my belt. LOL

Will be in touch.
hutgurs

Pittsburgh, PA

#3818 May 27, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
Bad news dude

San José, Costa Rica

#3819 May 27, 2013
Hi all. Just arrived at Casa Marco and am settled in for two weeks. Using WiFi in room which is going great. Pick up at the airport was no problem, although hell of a big line at passport control. My first appt with dr Marco is at 2pm. I am just going to expect some delay from all the messages about appt times being "flexible"... Will update all after my consultation. Gotta look up Woody.
kaytay

Chatsworth, GA

#3820 May 27, 2013
Does anyone know how they deal with dental insurance. I have dental insurance that pays for approx 20-80%. My part of a crown is $1,000 in the US. I think it would be of benefit for me to have it completed in CR. Does anyone recommend anyone and how do you have insurance pay for treatment? I have been reading blogs and looking toward Dr Anglada.Thanks for any help.

Severn, MD

#3821 May 27, 2013
Most should accept your insurance but you would have to pay first and then your insurance would reimburse you. Take your insurance forms with you and they will complete the forms for you.

Crowns are only between $300 - 500 depending on which one you choose. If you only need 1 or 2, it might not be worth it after travel and expenses. If you need extensive work, it is definitely worth it.

I've heard good things about Anglada. I personally went to Cavillini and am very happy with the results.
MelissaFrommisso uri

United States

#3822 May 27, 2013
Hey woody
Thanks so much for the information. It all definetly helps. I am definetly excited to go and get this started but sadly it will be end of summer before o get my finances all in order.
So how are you feeling now? How are the temps? When do you go back for the permanents?

Melissa

Location hidden

#3823 May 28, 2013
Met Wayne this morning at breakfast. He is one of several rookies that us "Old Timers" will be looking out for.

Welcome!!! What else can I say other than "Have no fear, Dog is here, so let's let out a cheer."

On my way to get a departure document for which you must have to leave the country.$29.00

Dental appt. this afternoon. Hope to get my final temporaries.

San José, Costa Rica

#3824 May 28, 2013
Had my consultation with young Dr Marco yesterday late afternoon. He is ready to start my work today at 1pm. The office is packed with new clients, all of whom are exceptionally nice. Met "Woody" today and he looks great in his temp temps. I will be getting four implants today as we start work on upper mouth first. More later.

San José, Costa Rica

#3825 May 28, 2013
Woody66 wrote:
Met Wayne this morning at breakfast. He is one of several rookies that us "Old Timers" will be looking out for.
Welcome!!! What else can I say other than "Have no fear, Dog is here, so let's let out a cheer."
On my way to get a departure document for which you must have to leave the country.$29.00
Dental appt. this afternoon. Hope to get my final temporaries.
Thanks for the cheer Woody. I hate being the "rookie" but I know after today I will be a pro like you guys. Did you get your $29 salida document out at ICE in Sabana park? I hear it is better to do it there than at the airport since it will take less time. It was great to meet you and hope I see your new temps

San José, Costa Rica

#3826 May 28, 2013
Just had two new implants and some stitches down at top left of mouth. Dr Marco wants it to heal a few days before teeth fitting. Two more tomorrow. Then the bottom of my mouth. No pain at all just Novocain. Took pain pill anyway.
Infoseeker

Midlothian, VA

#3827 May 28, 2013
kaytay wrote:
Does anyone know how they deal with dental insurance. I have dental insurance that pays for approx 20-80%. My part of a crown is $1,000 in the US. I think it would be of benefit for me to have it completed in CR. Does anyone recommend anyone and how do you have insurance pay for treatment? I have been reading blogs and looking toward Dr Anglada.Thanks for any help.
Give the dentist the claim form and he'll complete it. My husband has dental insurance through the federal government, Delta Dental, I think. He gave it to Dr Obando who completed it with whatever documentation was required and the insurance paid the claim without a hitch.

I am sure it is no different with Dr Anglada & Castro. My daughter had extensive dental work with Dr Castro and he and Anglada are excellent. I'm sure they'll give you whatever you need to file your claim.
Phil-P -Clearwater Beach

Clearwater, FL

#3828 May 29, 2013
kaytay wrote:
Suggest you take your insurance forms with you and fill them out and have the dentist sign. I initially didn't do this and there was a lot of mailing back and forth and come confusion on what I actually paid and what the Doc put on the form. I have MetLife dental through the Govt and they paid 40%. Make sure you "check" the prices charged. Who knows, you might even be able to pro-rated expenses into the cost of the actual dental work.

Good luck

Phil

Location hidden

#3829 May 29, 2013
Wed. 5/28/13....

Getting final adjustments for take home temps this afternoon. Will be back in the states tomorrow evening regardless. Will tell everyone here about Topix. We made need to start a new blog because this one is getting way too big and overwhelming for anyone just starting out.

San José, Costa Rica

#3830 May 29, 2013
Two more implants done today! Dr Marco works Very fast, took about 15 minutes. No pain, and walked to the store afterwards for some of my new favorite drink: pear juice. Back in the chair for round three of implants tomorrow. The rooms here at Casa Marco are very relaxing. Nice breakfast and very friendly staff.
NervousNelly

San José, Costa Rica

#3831 May 29, 2013
Hey Woody and DogLover ... Grat to hear things are going well. I am back down in CR having my bite adjusted, and about to have a root canal in one of my back molars. I have had tremendous sensitivity and pain for the past couple of weeks, and Dr. Obando is calling in his Endodontist to take a look as he thinks I may need to have a root canal done. If it takes away the excruciating sensitivity Have at it!!!

I am in Escazu. Do you guys fancy meeting up tonight for dinner? There are some really nice restaurants right here in Plaza Itzkatzu, and it is only a five-ten minute cab ride from Casa Marco.

If you see this message before, say 7pm, post back and if you are up,to it maybe we could meet up for dinner?

Stupid me forgot to bring my dental insurance claim forms with me. duh! I will have to email them to Dr. Obando and get him to complete them and mail the, back to me.
NervousNelly

San José, Costa Rica

#3832 May 29, 2013
Dog_lover2252 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the cheer Woody. I hate being the "rookie" but I know after today I will be a pro like you guys. Did you get your $29 salida document out at ICE in Sabana park? I hear it is better to do it there than at the airport since it will take less time. It was great to meet you and hope I see your new temps
Dog, although the line looks long at the airport, it goes really quickly. I just got mine at the airport last time, and I think,it took about five minutes all told.

Leamington, Canada

#3833 May 29, 2013
Hello folks,

I've been a lurker for a few weeks now, finally deciding to post. Thanks to all the recent posters, there has been some real gold in these forums lately.

I am really on the fence right now between which dentist to pick.. it's a real toss up between Dr. Obando and Dr. Cavallini right now.

NervousNelly, since you have experience with both of these dentists, I would really appreciate if you could maybe send me an email.. I have some questions for you.

To all those currently staying at Dr. Cavallini's office, how bad are the notorious waiting times?

I would welcome the opportunity to exchange some emails with former patients of both Dr. Obando's and Dr. Cavallini's and to see some before/after photos.

My email is euthie79@gmail.com

Thanks to all the posters, this forum has been a wealth of information and I can't wait for the chance to pay it forward
NervousNelly

San José, Costa Rica

#3834 May 29, 2013
euthie wrote:
Hello folks,
I've been a lurker for a few weeks now, finally deciding to post. Thanks to all the recent posters, there has been some real gold in these forums lately.
I am really on the fence right now between which dentist to pick.. it's a real toss up between Dr. Obando and Dr. Cavallini right now.
NervousNelly, since you have experience with both of these dentists, I would really appreciate if you could maybe send me an email.. I have some questions for you.
To all those currently staying at Dr. Cavallini's office, how bad are the notorious waiting times?
I would welcome the opportunity to exchange some emails with former patients of both Dr. Obando's and Dr. Cavallini's and to see some before/after photos.
My email is euthie79@gmail.com
Thanks to all the posters, this forum has been a wealth of information and I can't wait for the chance to pay it forward
Euthi, just got back from "the chair" after having a difficult root canal. Took gallons of Novocaine to get me numbed up enough as it was a bottom back molar which apparently are really tough for root canals. I will send you an email soon.

Waiting for a little while for numbness to go off a bit, then popping over to a restaurant foursome food. I'm starving.,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Costa Rica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Costa Ricans Are Racists, Recent Study Reveals (Sep '10) Aug 25 Steven S 81
Guillermo Roviralta is not licensed or insured ... Aug 17 Buddy Mitchell 1
...CANADIAN's ..love ..you... Aug 12 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
Ymmärrystä IRAs An Abney Associates Ameriprise ... Aug 9 Lemuel Naish 1
7 days boot camp for the mind and body Aug 9 Adventure Holiday... 1
Judge arrested for stealing bail, child support... Aug 9 Railroad 2
Työkyvyttömyysvakuutuksesta perusteet Aug 2 Lemuel Naish 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••