|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Texas Chick wrote:
So...my husband is currently having work done this week by Dr. Cavallini. We are at his office as I type this. I've been reading the posts from the last month. Dang, you people are wearing me out :/. What's with all of the bickering and name calling? I'd love to post about our experiences here (so far, so good!) but I'm wondering which one of you is going to go on the attack :/. Is it safe out there? Is it worth my effort to try to help others by relaying our experiences on this site? Or is there another site that someone might recommend that has less drama? Let me know guys...I would love to share :)
nobody going to attack you but john,cause you know he is anglada son,a years ago i was in the same office as you right now,you are in good hand with dr.cavallini team,share your experience with other people and just dont worry about jonh,he's just mad cause people choose dr.cavallini not his dad
Terry

Cumming, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Tamale wrote:
So it is now Thursday evening and the Kristina is rockin
a big group earth green peeps from the US. I have had 15
TMJ surgeries and a Bi-Lateral Sagital split, which means my jaw broken and re-set.So I have my share of mouth and jaw surgery. I had 10 implants placed and expected to be a piece of cake, with what I have read here about the no pain. Well that was not the case at all
for me. It was brutal and I have just beem able to stay awake for more than a few mins. My face is swollen to 3 times its normal size and I have 2 big black eyes. I sure my Husband is afraid to be seen with me, as someone might think he beat me. I go back in the AM to see Dr. Castro. I would suggest that you bring jello type things to eat for the implant time. They said cold food only for a couple of days. I should also tell you guys that most meds don't work for me at all. So I was wide awake during my procedure.
Wow! Lots of bad luck.

First you had lots of teeth extracted because person doing root csnals didn't know how to do calcified root.

Now big swell and black eyes.

Does this happen. Yes. Usually went dentist is extremely invasive.

Anglada is ok for minor implant work.

For big stuff with sinus lifts there are better.

Sorry you you had to find out in person.
Ms K

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Texas Chick, please share your experiences. I have shared mine, both on here and on a blog. I remember before making my decision having to weed thru a bunch of crap posts. Fortunately, the honest posts just seem to jump out and you are able to tell the difference!

Say hello to Dr Marco and Dr. Cavallini from Karen and Molly. My daughter, Molly, will be back there in about a month to get her work finished.

Best wishes to your husband!
John

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

romeo nguyen wrote:
<quoted text>
nobody going to attack you but john,cause you know he is anglada son,a years ago i was in the same office as you right now,you are in good hand with dr.cavallini team,share your experience with other people and just dont worry about jonh,he's just mad cause people choose dr.cavallini not his dad
Ah, the lying certifiable moron shill is back. Try looking up the signs of a bad dentist on the internet and then see just who they apply to. Like making people wait endlessly in their office for example.
John

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

romeo nguyen wrote:
if you guys spell JONH FROM DENVER BACKWARD is will said
ARNOLDO ANGLADA JR
And if you spell Romeo Nguygen backwards, it will spell Shameless Shill for a dentist who is not a certified implantologist who makes people wait endlessly in his office and uses the types of implants that have a high failure rate. He has a long name doesn't he?
Tamale

San Josť, Costa Rica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Hey Guys,
I got 5 of my final teeth yesterday from Dr. Castro and they are gorgeous. He is incrediable. We go back in today for a final checkup for me and my Husband is having Zoom done again at no charge as his teeth did not get as white as he wished for. Dr Anglada said they will do it again this visit and next visit at no extra charge. I am so happy with my decision to have Dr. Castro do my full mouth restoration.
andyb

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

romeo nguyen wrote:
<quoted text>

Why do u keep sayig he is Anglada's son? His son is a toddler.
cadjjj

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

I too was a patient of Munoz Cavallini and had short I found out he wasn't truthful in stating the brands of abutment he claims to have used. His report on paper differs from what he places in your mouth.
Tamale

Scappoose, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

cadjjj wrote:
I too was a patient of Munoz Cavallini and had short I found out he wasn't truthful in stating the brands of abutment he claims to have used. His report on paper differs from what he places in your mouth.
Wow. once again we are hearing of the dishonesty of this Marcos/ Cavelinni Dental Practice. I'm sure we have all heard the term "Where there is smoke there is fire" At this point I am concerned for any of you that used this group.
Terry

Cumming, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Cadjjj - So what kind of abutments were you suppose to get and what kind did you end of getting?

Tamale - I no youu liek Anglada. Strange after he first told you a bunch of root canls and then when you got there the root person didn't know how to do calcified roots and they said your teeth had to be pulled and you got implants. Big differnec in cost. Then you get surgery and end up with 2 balck eyes and a face 3 times larger than normal. Never heard of that at any other dentist in CR. Sounds like smoke all over the place.

Since: May 11

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Tamale wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. once again we are hearing of the dishonesty of this Marcos/ Cavelinni Dental Practice. I'm sure we have all heard the term "Where there is smoke there is fire" At this point I am concerned for any of you that used this group.
How about "where theres a shill, another shill will soon chime in" again I'll ask you Tamale, what exactly is your personal experience with the Marcos/ Cavelinni (sic) practice ? Oh wait now I remember, NONE. Please stick to cheerleading for Anglada you may have some credibility in that area. Your constant need to bash other dentists you know nothing about really makes me wonder how "real" you are.
romeo nguyen

Palatka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

if you read my post back in july and december of 2011 while i was at dr.cavallini office got my teeth done,i dont know about your case but dr.cavallini show me the implants while i was on THE CHAIR.before he put it in,my teth are now ever a year old and everything is fine,but anyway JOHN FROM DENVER are you going to said anything ??????????
Dexter

South Jordan, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Thanks for this great post. I am searching for a good dentist in Arizona and have found http://www.dedicateddental.net/services/ to be very useful. Let me know what you think.
John from Arizona

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

I've had great experience with Dr Mario E Garita in Escazu, several implants 5 years ago and 2 coming next January. Also Dr Anglada is very good.
Julia

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

I had a number of implants from Dr. Cavallini last year. Prior to having all of my work done (he also did extractions, bone grafts, crowns, etc.), Cavallini took panoramic xrays, made molds of my mouth/teeth and studied everything and then consulted with me. So it was an in-depth comprehensive approach, very professional. As I sat in his office, he showed me the implants he proposed installing and they were indeed sealed in clear little thick plastic baggies, all imported from the United States. I remember looking at some of them through the bags and reading the labels. And later when he placed my implants, they were the same type from the same identifying little sealed bags. In other words, he used quality implants and no "bait and switch". I am appalled that anyone would even imply he (or any other dentist) would do such a thing (I think any dentist who would pull that dirty trick would get run out of the country). It's been almost one year now, and so far, so good. Cavallini and his associates did a great job with me, I'm very happy with their work.
romeo nguyen

Palatka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Julia wrote:
I had a number of implants from Dr. Cavallini last year. Prior to having all of my work done (he also did extractions, bone grafts, crowns, etc.), Cavallini took panoramic xrays, made molds of my mouth/teeth and studied everything and then consulted with me. So it was an in-depth comprehensive approach, very professional. As I sat in his office, he showed me the implants he proposed installing and they were indeed sealed in clear little thick plastic baggies, all imported from the United States. I remember looking at some of them through the bags and reading the labels. And later when he placed my implants, they were the same type from the same identifying little sealed bags. In other words, he used quality implants and no "bait and switch". I am appalled that anyone would even imply he (or any other dentist) would do such a thing (I think any dentist who would pull that dirty trick would get run out of the country). It's been almost one year now, and so far, so good. Cavallini and his associates did a great job with me, I'm very happy with their work.
he did the same in my case
JOHN FROM DENVER.......i know you will have something to said about your dad
so go ahead let us hear it
kelly

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

It is so sad to see that this forum has fallen to the depths that it is now in.
I still remember, 2 years ago, after going to Clear Choice and another dentist, and being faced with paying over $40,000. to have work done on my teeth. Clear Choice proposed extracting all of my teeth and replacing them with the 4 on 1. As I understood, 4 implants supporting a full upper jaw of teeth. I do not recall the details of my visit as most of the time was spent checking out the various methods of financial support that I would need in order to pay for the process. The next Dentist spent a lot of time explaining the process, would still take out all of my teeth and replace them with 4 or maybe 5 implants per upper and lower jaw. Again, another 2 hours spent with the assistant in determining the financial aid or loans necessary for the process.
After these experiences, desperate, and with a not good looking set of teeth, I began searching for hours on the internet, googleing anything about less expensive options for my full mouth restoration. Thank goodness I came across this forum. What a wonderful help it was, and one that led me to a great Dentist in Costa Rica.
Two years later, everything is wonderful. I am proud to show off my teeth and more than happy to let folks know where they came from.
I keep in touch with this forum to see if I can offer any advice or assistance to others as I had received in those deperate times 2 years ago.
I see now, that this Forum has become a different place, one that I will still look into and post, in hopes of helping others as I was helped.

Please keep in mind, this forum is for helping others that are faced with the same situation that perhaps you were faced with. Advice, information of experiences, both good and bad, helps others in making in making difficult decisions.
I recall that I read 50 pages on this forum, listed each Dentist talked about, and then emailed their offices, and emailed and talked to patients. And what a great help this forum was. I now have a great set of very less expensive teeth, and most of them are mine, the rest capped.
There are so many forums where one can go to spit-spat back and forth,please go to them. We should all just stick to the good and bad experiences that we had with our Dentists in Costa Rica. That way we can be a big help to others faced with the same situation that we were also faced with at one time. Plus it will make the reading time a lot faster.
Let us all keep in mind of why we sought this forum out, and how it has benefitted many of us.
Our concerns and postings should be generated toward that same goal.
Liam Manning

Springville, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

So I haven't actually been to the dentist in over eight years. I really think that I should finally back. Does anyone know of any good ones? I was thinking about this one: http://www.dmdentalgroup.com/ , let me know what you think.
Phyllis

San Josť, Costa Rica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

John wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the lying certifiable moron shill is back. Try looking up the signs of a bad dentist on the internet and then see just who they apply to. Like making people wait endlessly in their office for example.
John, I will be in Denver for a couple of weeks in Jan and would love to show you my beautiful teeth. I had my first implants done 4 years ago by Cavallini and have never had any problems. If you like I can put you in touch with quite a few of his patients in Denver that I'm sure would love to show you their Cavallini dental work. Dr.Cavallini performed his first implant in 1968 and last May my son received the 10,000th implant performed at the clinic. Most of their business is from referrals and as you are aware, people only refer when they have had an excellent experience. The term "implantoligist" is meaningless as it's not a term used worldwide. Continuing education and ability is much more important to me. I'm a very satisfied patient and love spreading the word about the fantastic dentistry I found in CR. I moved here 2 years ago, from Denver to retire...lovin'life!

infoseeker

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Liam Manning wrote:
So I haven't actually been to the dentist in over eight years. I really think that I should finally back. Does anyone know of any good ones? I was thinking about this one: http://www.dmdentalgroup.com/ , let me know what you think.
I don't think anyone on this forum will have an opinion about a dentist in Iowa. This forum is for dentists in Costa Rica.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,321 - 3,340 of5,341
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Costa Rica Forum right now

Search the Costa Rica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Worrell Topics (Oct '11) Wed madre fue asesinada 39
dental implants (Mar '11) Mar 27 Alicia 66
Koyal Group Discounts, Koyal Group Wholesale: T... Mar 23 dannareid21 3
Fall Landscaping Maintenance at Westhill Consul... Mar 19 madristeb 1
Costa Ricans Are Racists, Recent Study Reveals (Sep '10) Mar 19 Mellow Prophet 69
Drunk Groom Fights With Bride on Jet, Forces Em... Mar '14 Oh Miss 1
More than 15% of Costa Ricans were victims of r... Mar '14 goldstone report 1
•••
•••
•••
•••