Local StarKist plant will can Cook Islands tuna for Asia-Pacific market

Sep 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Samoa News

The Cook Islands Ministry of Marine Resources has announced that it will begin shipments of Albacore tuna to the Starkist Samoa cannery in American Samoa for processing under the label "Cook Islands Golden Tuna," which will be produced for the Cook Islands and Asia markets.

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Sep 7, 2012

“Live life one day at a time.”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Sep 7, 2012
This is a great opportunity for all of our pacific island nations to cooperate and strengthen our economic opportunities. We in American Samoa can be Americans Ambassador in this Pacific Island Forum. Our ties to the U.S. will bring a closer relationship with them to our needs. Climate Change, Tourism, Fishing, and other economic development are just some of the issues right now for our pacific islands. How can we as a group help ourselves solve these problems and with the big nations like the U.S, China, Australia, and New Zealand ready to assist us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cook Islands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do Cook Island girls digg Samoan boiz?? (May '11) Aug 28 koko ngati 13
who had settled rarotonga tonga or samoa Aug 24 koko ngati 1
Construction starts on major Pacific solar proj... Jun '14 jake da mud 2
Mystery boat in Cook Islands holds dark secrets (Oct '13) Apr '14 In defense of 4
Cook islanders eat scabs (Dec '13) Apr '14 lol 2
Fiji trys to claim Cook islands come from them? (Nov '12) Mar '14 Truth 6
Air NZ Latest Sexy Safety Video With Scantily C... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Marlyn 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Cook Islands People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••