Yemeni airport official: Plane bound for Comoros crashes; no wo...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

A Yemenia Air plane going from the Arabian Peninsula country of Yemen to the island nation of Comoros has crashed in the Indian Ocean, a Yemen airport official said Tuesday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Mike

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 30, 2009
 
This is the second airbus crash this year. Who knows if there is a mechanical defect in the airplane's design?

“Ex New Yorker”

Since: Mar 08

Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 30, 2009
 
Mike wrote:
This is the second airbus crash this year. Who knows if there is a mechanical defect in the airplane's design?
different planes
jahyree

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 30, 2009
 
dhkinil wrote:
<quoted text>
different planes
Same builder. If it ain't Boeing, it ain't going
Idzan Ismail

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 30, 2009
 
Oh my too many plane crashes this year.
A child was found alive among the three bodies floating in the ocean.
Poor, poor boy.
Hope he's not badly injured.
Edgewater

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 30, 2009
 
Mike wrote:
This is the second airbus crash this year. Who knows if there is a mechanical defect in the airplane's design?
Highly unlikely. Did you read the article? There were severe weather conditions that contributed to this accident. Stop trying to look for someone to blame.
jahyree

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 30, 2009
 
Edgewater wrote:
<quoted text>Highly unlikely. Did you read the article? There were severe weather conditions that contributed to this accident. Stop trying to look for someone to blame.
Plane has safety issues, poor designs with airbus. If it ani't Boeing, it ain't going.
David

Rome, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 30, 2009
 
jahyree wrote:
<quoted text>Plane has safety issues, poor designs with airbus. If it ani't Boeing, it ain't going.
Sure. Uhm... why Airbus is getting more and more (and more) orders than Boeing, from all the airlines in the world? Why Boeing had to cry for a rerace for the tanker, after being beaten by Airbus? Why the A380 (no need for such plane, said Boeing) has already sold 200 planes worldwide? Why more and more customers are withdrawing orders for the 787 (switching to A330 and/or A350)?
Poor design, probably!

“Ex New Yorker”

Since: Mar 08

Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 30, 2009
 
David wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. Uhm... why Airbus is getting more and more (and more) orders than Boeing, from all the airlines in the world? Why Boeing had to cry for a rerace for the tanker, after being beaten by Airbus? Why the A380 (no need for such plane, said Boeing) has already sold 200 planes worldwide? Why more and more customers are withdrawing orders for the 787 (switching to A330 and/or A350)?
Poor design, probably!
actually most analysts believe airbus will never sell enough A380's to make a profit and there have been numerous cancellations on these as well. Further, cancellations on the 787 are due to delays in a totally new concept for a plane and Airbus has never taken on a project this radical, Given that I spend about 125,000 or more miles at 37,000 feet annually, i do have to keep up with this stuff. And I have no qualms about getting on planes from either Boeing or Airbus. My only issue is the generally far less experienced pilots flying for regional carriers in the U.S.
David

Rome, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 30, 2009
 
dhkinil wrote:
<quoted text>
actually most analysts believe airbus will never sell enough A380's to make a profit and there have been numerous cancellations on these as well. Further, cancellations on the 787 are due to delays in a totally new concept for a plane and Airbus has never taken on a project this radical, Given that I spend about 125,000 or more miles at 37,000 feet annually, i do have to keep up with this stuff. And I have no qualms about getting on planes from either Boeing or Airbus. My only issue is the generally far less experienced pilots flying for regional carriers in the U.S.
Of course both Boeing and Airbus are both worthy manufacturers - I just find laughable that people posts thing like "Airbus is poorly designed" and so on. Come on! After all, this kind of competition is only a plus for the whole airliners market.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Comoros Discussions

Search the Comoros Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
nlojunduwo la heshikomor,hawu shikomor ,namnisw... (Mar '07) Jun 29 farid h 42
looking new offer on premium rate numbers May '14 premium rate numbers 1
Comorian Language (Jun '08) Mar '14 mbae mahmoud 72
Comoros - the forgotten islands (Mar '12) Feb '13 dkanela 8
Comoros: IMF and World Bank Announce US$176 mil... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Arularz Black 2
Fun inteligence testing game!! (Feb '08) Aug '12 summaiya 3
Interpol asked to help after arrest of 'pirate'... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Senior Chief Nick 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••