Comoros: IMF and World Bank Announce US$176 million Debt Relief

Dec 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: International Monetary Fund

The International Monetary Fund and the World Bank's International Development Association have decided to support US$176 million in debt relief for the Comoros, representing a 59 percent reduction of its future external debt service over a period of 40 years.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jan 19, 2013
Ruslana Selezneva

Laval, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

When the IMF visited Azerbaijan, it visited the International Bank of Azerbaijan (IBA). I saw a report on the IMF’s website from their mission chief for Azerbaijan, Raja Almarzoqi.

IMF is saying that the IBA is too big and that it needs to be privatized and broken up. Also is saying that Azerbaijan needs to “develop a sustainable and viable banking model for IBA in the near term.”

And to top it off – IMF discouraged the IBA from any additional borrowing.

Through what lens is the IMF looking?

In 2011, at the International Banking Conference of CIS, the International Organization of Creditors awarded IBA with the Investment Angel award. Chairman Hajiyev has led the bank to international prominence. In 2007, Business Wire reported that the bank had become a Founding Member of the World Economic Forum's Community of Global Growth Companies.
Arularz Black

Athens, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

I hope them the best, although, you have to overstand, U.S, dollars means U.S. control.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Comoros Discussions

Search the Comoros Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
nlojunduwo la heshikomor,hawu shikomor ,namnisw... (Mar '07) Jun 29 farid h 42
looking new offer on premium rate numbers May '14 premium rate numbers 1
Comorian Language (Jun '08) Mar '14 mbae mahmoud 72
Comoros - the forgotten islands (Mar '12) Feb '13 dkanela 8
Fun inteligence testing game!! (Feb '08) Aug '12 summaiya 3
Interpol asked to help after arrest of 'pirate'... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Senior Chief Nick 2
Two Comoros journalists charged over presidenti... (Mar '11) Mar '11 mkereketwa 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••