Why China's Electric Vehicle Industry Isn't Ready for Prime Time

Nov 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: US News & World Report

A visitor looks at an E30 EV, a small electric vehicle of Chinese state-owned automobile manufacturer Dongfeng Motor Co.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

China's EV will take off, next year they will have a battery breakthrough that will shake the world.
Ebright

Wuhan, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

maybe,we need a powerful battery!
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

Fast charging and big time storage capacity. They are very close, 300 miles per charge and one hour charging time. They have a prototype that is already doing that.
liner

Bellport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

Judged:

Snowflake wrote:
China's EV will take off, next year they will have a battery breakthrough that will shake the world.
Who are they stealing the technology from this time?
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

They are the leaders in battery tech already.
liner

Bellport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Snowflake wrote:
LOL!
New China

Zhengzhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

liner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
What tech of the bettery are you talking about?
what bettery are you talking about?
Hontudes

Lane Cove, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Time to buy BYD shares!
It is so Amazing

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

liner wrote:
<quoted text>
That SALES PITCH is not selling this time round.

China has already passed that stage of using foreign technology as referral.

Edward Snowden episode has just told the whole wide world that it is USA through the NSA that has been STEALING from practically every other nations.

Now we know the real reason why GOOGLE is OUT of China as well.

China behave more like SUPERPOWER unlike USA and has not been CRYING FOUL!
It is so Amazing

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Snowflake wrote:
Which is NO EXAGGERATION really?

Name me one EV in the world beside China BYD that can be 50% charged within 15 minutes.

Their latest hybrid the Qin has beaten practically every other vehicle of its class in a darg race. Packed with 330 bhp and with a consumption of 2 liter per 100km, it will be an outright winner when they launch it in Dec 2013.

Imagine 1.5 liter Qin hybrid which is faster than a Nissan 350Z.
It is so Amazing

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

What is the price of the BYD Qin? USD32,000 or RMB200,000.

It is a steal.

Next, there is reliable rumor that Toyota has just sold its Prius C hybrid synergy technology to FAW of China.

Soon the new competitive Prius will be manufactured in China under the FAW logo. Logical decision as each Hybrid car uses up to 180kg of RRE which Japan do not have.
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Whether you like it or not, China is the clear leader in many aspects of reality. If you can't beat them join them It is time for us to join China. Their EV and hybrid are way ahead of anyone in the world.
Hontudes

Lane Cove, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

I notice that there are few sour grapes here on this topic. One has to face reality instead of being jealous as this would not get you anywhere perhaps to mars!

Times to buy BYD shares where Warren Buffet has 10% interest!
It is so Amazing

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Hontudes wrote:
I notice that there are few sour grapes here on this topic. One has to face reality instead of being jealous as this would not get you anywhere perhaps to mars!
Times to buy BYD shares where Warren Buffet has 10% interest!
The OLD MAN Warren has great judgment when it comes to MONEY! CCP or NO CCP is for wannabe amateur politicians and propagandists. I trust his choice.

You should read the profile and dream of BYD. It is interesting. Already their quality has match and equal to that of Toyota.

In fact I am waiting to purchase this particular model QIN. Hope they have a right hand drive version for Malaysia.

There is already a powerful TANG version on the design board with its 2T engine and 0~100km in 3.9 seconds.
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

The QIN at $29,000 dollars is a bargain with its 1.5 liter engine can do 4.9 secs in the 100kmph.
It is so Amazing

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Snowflake wrote:
The QIN at $29,000 dollars is a bargain with its 1.5 liter engine can do 4.9 secs in the 100kmph.
I am not certain about the discount which was originally estimated at USD32,000 but but the BYD Qin can do 0~100kph in 6.9 second and not 4.9 sec. as you post. The next upgrade model BYD Tang with its 2T motor can do 0~100kph in 3.9 second.

The BYD Qin is tested to consume only 2 liter of gasoline RON91 per 100km compared with 4.3 liter per 100km for a Toyota Prius. With its 330bhp hybrid engine and such low fuel consumption, the BYD is destined to be the next BEST SELLER. Only they need to do is to employ an Italian Designer to redesign the car in a more futuristic form but come to think of it, the Prius is ugly. The worst thing is I bought one myself recently and I have always says it is an ugly car. But it is the only FULL HYBRID in the market compared with the HALF HYBRID Honda.
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

The QIN, if you drive a lot will pay for itself very quickly, nearly 100 miles per gallon.
American

Edinburgh, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

liner wrote:
Yeah, no kidding LOL

No small wonder China wasn't invited to join the space station program like many other nations were.

China is famous the world over for industrial espionage. Since that can't innovate, they steal.

We've learned our lesson though. Our government keeps a close eye on Chinese here who work in sensitive technology industries.

As for the USA spying on other GOVERNMENTS, well, that was stupid. Ever since the Muslim scumbags flew jets into the World Trade Center towers, spying in order to detect terrorist activity just went wild.

We don't, however, spy like the Chinese in order to steal technology. We INVENT new technology.
It is so Amazing

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

American wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, no kidding LOL
No small wonder China wasn't invited to join the space station program like many other nations were.
China is famous the world over for industrial espionage. Since that can't innovate, they steal.
We've learned our lesson though. Our government keeps a close eye on Chinese here who work in sensitive technology industries.
As for the USA spying on other GOVERNMENTS, well, that was stupid. Ever since the Muslim scumbags flew jets into the World Trade Center towers, spying in order to detect terrorist activity just went wild.
We don't, however, spy like the Chinese in order to steal technology. We INVENT new technology.
I loved it when a DUMBO nationalist USA parrot jumped onboard!

Let started with this one "China is famous the world over for industrial espionage".

1. Admittedly China has taken some short cut when they used other nation successful design as a reference but the SICK JOKE here is USA Supreme Court ruled that even "REVERSE ENGINEERING" is not direct copying and is permissible.

2. Who is Samuel Slate? He was the FATHER of USA Industrilization but how many PROUD Americans are aware that this famous American Samuel Slater was convicted for ESPIONAGE in Europe and Great Britain and it is all in the British Archives. So your FATHER of INDUSTRIALIZATION was in fact an Industrial Spy.

3. How about other nations... Japan started that way, so did Taiwan, South Korea, Hong Kong, etc but many would be Indian would be SURPRISED to find out that Dr. Abdul Kalam, Father of India Rocketry and former President stole U.S scout missile and started India Rocketry program.

4. SInce American are so fond of parroting the ignoramus saying, you copied our technology... why can't USA build says 2 simple things her own SUPERTRAIN or SUPERHYBRID cars like China today?

5. For many PROUD Americans, I have no doubt USA is still ahead in some fields but don't sit on your past glories for too long as the Chinese is not only catching up but have started to supersede USA in many areas technologies e.g fusion plasma energy, exascale supercomputation, etc as many world renounced and realistic experts are warning.

Your "The Chinese is only good for copying will be the word from the past."

Edward Snowden which the USA is so desperately trying to capture has REVEAL to the whole WIDE WORLD it is USA through NSA which is STEALING, EAVEDROPPING, SPYING on her friends and enemies alike. Now USA is afraid the days of her COPYING from other nation laboratories is over and that is why we are seeing a decline in USA so-called innovation. The Android appears to have beaten Apple by a big big margin despite the discriminary USA court ruling.

Who knows USA may have stolen many advanced technolgies from other nations including Russia, Japan, China, etc. Hahahahah
Hontudes

Lane Cove, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

Current innovation achieved in the US is mainly done via immigration program, the importing/"stealing" of brains from oversea countries around the globe!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the China Forum right now

Search the China Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
i hate china and chinese? (Oct '12) 16 min Chim Lok Yan 94
Can China be Trusted? 35 min McGold 9
Why do Nepalese hate Indians? (Aug '13) 2 hr Thapa 134
do chinese girls want black man husband? (Oct '08) 5 hr Captain Kirk 2,423
NEWS: China BEGS Philippines to delay case 9 hr lct 159
US caught in own web of lies 16 hr lct 1
Taiwan MUST NOT sign the trade pact with China !!! 16 hr McGold 99
•••
•••