I feel more free here than I did in t...
old china

Chengdu, China

#112 Feb 10, 2013
Onyx wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is the people of Hong Kong today are happy under the rule of the Great Motherland for sixteen year now. Stability is preserved.
Hong Kong SAR enjoy its own slf styled government.
Answer me, on the British being the first drug dealer in the world.
Can you deny ?
I think you will find that the Spanish were supplying the Chinese with opium grown in their S.American colonies long before the British got involved in the trade and undercut the Spanish prices by cornering the Asian growers. You will also find that there were overland routes bringing opium into China also before the British got involved.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#113 Feb 10, 2013
old china wrote:
<quoted text>
China doesn't have town hall bin nazis telling us what we can and cannot put in dustbins, the dimensions of our dustbins, the capacity of our dustbins, the colour of our dustbins, where we can place our rubbish for collection, on what days and hours we are allowed to put our rubbish out for collection and fining us if we get it wrong.
Ah yes.

You're free not to recycle anything.

You're free to randomly throw rubbish in the streets.

Yet despite your piss poor environmental controls, if anyone defies the laughable standards you have, they get sent to jail.

That's your idea of freedom is it?
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#114 Feb 10, 2013
RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
You can walk down the street safely in any Chinese city any time of the day 24/7. Can you do that in London?
Bullshit.

There are two major differences between crime in London than in Chinese cities:

1) In London any crimes reported to the police are also reported to the public.

2) In London the police aren't completely corrupt and therefore it might actually be worth reporting crimes to them in the first place.

So yes, there are far more crimes reported in London than in places like beijing.

That's part of being in the developed world.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#116 Feb 10, 2013
RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, people have more freedom in Hong Kong now than back under the Brits.
Yes, everyone under CCP domination is utterly free and can laugh at the lack of freedom everyone else has.

That's why Chinese people like yourself can't mention a single thing which makes them particularly free while americans can bore your ass off talking about the subject for days.

Unless of course you can name ONE thing which makes you better.
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#117 Feb 10, 2013
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
2) In London the police aren't completely corrupt and therefore it might actually be worth reporting crimes to them in the first place.
So yes, there are far more crimes reported in London than in places like beijing.
Good luck walking in London then.
old china

Chengdu, China

#118 Feb 10, 2013
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes.
You're free not to recycle anything.
You're free to randomly throw rubbish in the streets.
Yet despite your piss poor environmental controls, if anyone defies the laughable standards you have, they get sent to jail.
That's your idea of freedom is it?
We are free to profit from recycling our rubbish and, if we choose not to then there is an entire industry waiting to grade our rubbish for recycling because they make money out of it.

Incidentally, Chinese cities are, in my experience cleaned far more regularly than cities in the UK. We don't have piles of rubbish building up here supporting rats while the local dustmen decide to go on strike or reschedule collection day because of holidays. Neither do we have rubbish collections twice a week - here we get them twice a day where I live.

Do we have litter louts – yes just like they have in the UK but inn China they pay us to recycle whereas in the UK they fine you if you don't. Use a bit of common sense and tell us who has the freedom.
old china

Chengdu, China

#119 Feb 10, 2013
correction - Neither do we have rubbish collections twice a month - we get them twice a day where I live.
old china

Chengdu, China

#120 Feb 10, 2013
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
It's not B.S. Chinese streets are safer than the UK for both men, women and children. It is a common experience of foreigners in China as to how safe the place is regardless of the time of day or night.
old china

Chengdu, China

#121 Feb 10, 2013
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, everyone under CCP domination is utterly free and can laugh at the lack of freedom everyone else has.
That's why Chinese people like yourself can't mention a single thing which makes them particularly free while americans can bore your ass off talking about the subject for days.
Unless of course you can name ONE thing which makes you better.
We are not free politically but if you have a good government then it isn't much of an issue. Better a good government than a selection of bad governments that you voted for. Like all governments China has a areas such as corruption, accountability and environment where they should improve but they do get radically better opinion pole ratings than the UK.
atilla the Han

Australia

#122 Feb 10, 2013
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
more crimes in western society, nothing to do with corruption. east asian countries always register much lower crime rate compare to western societies. not sure it is genetics or social value.
atilla the Han

Australia

#123 Feb 10, 2013
old china wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not free politically but if you have a good government then it isn't much of an issue. Better a good government than a selection of bad governments that you voted for. Like all governments China has a areas such as corruption, accountability and environment where they should improve but they do get radically better opinion pole ratings than the UK.
exactly. just like deng xiao ping said,

it doesnt matter it is siamese or mechanic cat, as long as it catches chinese bashers.
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#124 Feb 10, 2013
atilla the Han wrote:
<quoted text>
more crimes in western society, nothing to do with corruption. east asian countries always register much lower crime rate compare to western societies. not sure it is genetics or social value.
Social value. Crime is nicked at the neighborhood level in Asia.
Back at the Xia Dynasty at 2,000 BC in China, there was already a "lian zuo" system in the neighborhoods. If one criminal is found, his 9 neighbors are punished. That's the root cause of low crime rate throughout Chinese history.
Han man without the g

Malaysia

#125 Feb 10, 2013
dzhou wrote:
<quoted text>
At least some minorities are not subject to the one child policcy
You ignorant Yankee cu^t!
The minorities are exempted from China's One-Child Policy. Only the Hans are subjected to this stupid fook Wen Jiabao deliberation.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#126 Feb 10, 2013
RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
Back at the Xia Dynasty at 2,000 BC in China, there was already a "lian zuo" system in the neighborhoods. If one criminal is found, his 9 neighbors are punished. That's the root cause of low crime rate throughout Chinese history.
A 200 year history of punishing the innocent you say?
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#127 Feb 10, 2013
Freedom is when the streets are free of criminals.
Toronto Obeserver

Windsor, Canada

#128 Feb 10, 2013
RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
China is the last athiest state out there , I hope it remains that way .
Toronto Obeserver

Windsor, Canada

#129 Feb 10, 2013
atilla the Han wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually depending which part of the west your talking about . Usually scandinavian countries are safe and peaceful but countries with spanish irish/anglo and salvic nations clowns have a high crime rate.

You will find high crime rate in eastern europe where slavs live , usually they work in organized crime and drug dealing , also in the united kingdom . The united states is also another dangerous country due to the fact a significant number of americans are descedents of criminals and convicts sent from UK in addition to Irish criminals that immigrated after the famous famine in ireland .

It was the Germans who gave value to the united states , if it was not for them then the USA would have just been another mexico .

Only Germans , dutch and the scandinavian nations are the civilized people among the west , the rest are a bunch of dickheads particularly eastern europeans " slavs " .

Even here in Canada the most successful communities are Germans , Jews , Chinese and indians .

Toronto Obeserver

Windsor, Canada

#130 Feb 10, 2013
old china wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not B.S. Chinese streets are safer than the UK for both men, women and children. It is a common experience of foreigners in China as to how safe the place is regardless of the time of day or night.
London is a shit-hole man .
old china

Chengdu, China

#131 Feb 10, 2013
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
A 200 year history of punishing the innocent you say?
Hmm, it seems that you need reminding of the UK's apetite for war in countries that have not attacked her and the casualty rates amongst the civilian populations of these third world countries.
old china

Chengdu, China

#132 Feb 10, 2013
Toronto Obeserver wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually depending which part of the west your talking about . Usually scandinavian countries are safe and peaceful but countries with spanish irish/anglo and salvic nations clowns have a high crime rate.
You will find high crime rate in eastern europe where slavs live , usually they work in organized crime and drug dealing , also in the united kingdom . The united states is also another dangerous country due to the fact a significant number of americans are descedents of criminals and convicts sent from UK in addition to Irish criminals that immigrated after the famous famine in ireland .
It was the Germans who gave value to the united states , if it was not for them then the USA would have just been another mexico .
Only Germans , dutch and the scandinavian nations are the civilized people among the west , the rest are a bunch of dickheads particularly eastern europeans " slavs " .
Even here in Canada the most successful communities are Germans , Jews , Chinese and indians .
While I am sure that the USA did benefit from "Irish Criminals", a large percentage of the early migrants to America were poor and downtrodden peoples from all over Europe and it is not too difficult to imagine that they were blessed with German criminals as well. But most of the Irish were simply escaping from the famine and the landlord system rather than the law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Which race is the most greedy? (Jun '12) 10 hr Surinder Malhotra 42
News US Accuses China of Dumping Cheap Aluminum on W... Sat davidj6910 1
News Chinese company injects 3-D printed blood vesse... Jan 10 China Sucks 1
China makes the best quality junk in the world Jan 10 China Sucks 1
High Quality Brass Waterfall Bathroom Sink Faucet Jan 10 Bradoa 1
Silver Eight Functions Massaging Shower Heads Jan 10 Bradoa 1
News Quoting Mao, China says Taiwan, HK independence... Jan 9 FREE HONG KONG 2
More from around the web