Volvo Approved to Build Cars in China

Volvo Approved to Build Cars in China

There are 446 comments on the Automobile Magazine story from Aug 23, 2013, titled Volvo Approved to Build Cars in China. In it, Automobile Magazine reports that:

In 2010, Swedish carmaker Volvo was bought by Chinese carmaker Geely. Now, Volvo has officially been approved to build cars in China thanks to full approval of its three production facilities, including plants in Chengdu, Daqing, and Zhangjiakou.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Automobile Magazine.

Since: Aug 08

Shanghai, China

#455 Sep 10, 2013
dreadman82 wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I admit them, 2 thus far in almost 2 years, not bad, not bad at all, you on the other make mistakes about almost everything you open your mouth on
I have absolutely no idea what ya talking about here, are you speaking Norweigian?

Shanghai, China

#456 Sep 10, 2013
LOVE CHINA DESTROY CCP wrote:
<quoted text>
I've only seen them in scrap yards for years now....
that's because you live next to a dump junkyard, mirotard!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#457 Sep 12, 2013
dzhou wrote:
<quoted text>
I have absolutely no idea what ya talking about here, are you speaking Norweigian?
See context in which that sentence was said.

Shanghai, China

#458 Sep 12, 2013
dreadman82 wrote:
<quoted text>
See context in which that sentence was said.
"Not bad, not bad at all" is not something you said to yourself, just like "I am very smart", its stupid, inmature and nobody takes you seriously after you kept saying this kinda shit

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#459 Sep 12, 2013
dzhou wrote:
<quoted text>
"Not bad, not bad at all" is not something you said to yourself, just like "I am very smart", its stupid, inmature and nobody takes you seriously after you kept saying this kinda shit
Tell it to someone who cares, to be honest I wouldn't give a rats arse, a rats arse is very little. Let he who has ears hear, he who has eyes see and he who has hands take the knowledge I pour out each week on this thread.

What is stupid and immature is side-tracking and going on and on about someone's identity, attitude and credibility after you fail to disprove any of his arguements yet instead get your own self disproved, now that is immature and stupid and actually very very desperate and sad.

Please stop talking BS and show me
The dude

Havertown, PA

#461 Apr 27, 2014
If volvo was doing well they wouldn't have had ford as a parent company
Bottom line volvos have sucked for a long time
I've owned 3 240s which ran forever
But I had an 850t company car that was in the shop more than it was on the road.
Then the cars started looking very feminine
Guys buy 300hp turbo cars , make it look masculine
They lost their way and the chinese can't fix that
Nolvo

Havertown, PA

#462 Jun 1, 2014
Chinese volvo?
Ugly AND poorly built what could go wrong?
It is so Amazing

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#463 Jun 1, 2014
Nolvo wrote:
Chinese volvo?
Ugly AND poorly built what could go wrong?
Bottom-line is Volvo is now profitable.

You think the consumers can be easily fooled by your words alone?

Grow up!

Today we the consumers knows exactly what we wanted even before we set foot in the showroom.

I have just examined and test drive a Dongfeng-Citroen DS5 sedan and I must say, I am totally impressed by the quality of this made in China car. The paintwork for one is immaculate for one, not to mention the pretty interior. On the road, the car is simply impressive. Very European or French. My other Citroen can actually run on 3 wheels.

SO who are you fooling this time?
It is so Amazing

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#464 Jun 1, 2014
Anyway I am not a Volvo fan but I would not make childish comment like it is ugly or poorly built unless I owned one.
William

Canada

#465 Jun 1, 2014
It will be stupid for Volvo HQ not to approve building cars in China. It is the trend for larger international auto makers.

Moreover, Volvo is losing in all markets outside China, and thus it was sold to Geely (a Chinese firm) as a means of financial bailout.

Can Volvo in Europe refuse what the boss/owner wants to do? It would be professionally unethical and shameless to hinder the trend of making cars in China.

Chinese automotive makers also have invested in French car makers, and set up R&D offices in Detroit and California in recent years.

As a result, China's know-how and track record in car making are improving remarkably.
McGold

Montréal, Canada

#466 Jun 1, 2014
It is so Amazing wrote:
Anyway I am not a Volvo fan but I would not make childish comment like it is ugly or poorly built unless I owned one.
Buy a Tata Nano. It's good for you. Volvo cars are too expensive for the Malaysian consumers
McGold

Montréal, Canada

#467 Jun 1, 2014
William wrote:
It will be stupid for Volvo HQ not to approve building cars in China. It is the trend for larger international auto makers.
Moreover, Volvo is losing in all markets outside China, and thus it was sold to Geely (a Chinese firm) as a means of financial bailout.
Can Volvo in Europe refuse what the boss/owner wants to do? It would be professionally unethical and shameless to hinder the trend of making cars in China.
Chinese automotive makers also have invested in French car makers, and set up R&D offices in Detroit and California in recent years.
As a result, China's know-how and track record in car making are improving remarkably.
I don't think the Chinese will buy a Volvo made in China. They would buy a Jaguar or a Land Rover. As for the Europeans, they would not pay the same price for a Volvo made in China.

The Chinese do make a difference between a Tiger rice cooker made in Japan and a rice cooker made in China.
It is so Amazing

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#468 Jun 2, 2014
McGold wrote:
<quoted text>
Buy a Tata Nano. It's good for you. Volvo cars are too expensive for the Malaysian consumers
So Tata Nano is your dream car! But have you test it yet.

You show your ignorance about folks in other countries by saying this and that out of your own imagination. Nothing factual.

We Malaysian never need to show off as we do not have the same inferiority complex like you.

LOL But if you agree to sign up as a ladyboy in one of the show in Hadyat and is vote as one of the popular ladyboy in there, an associate of my friend can fixed you up with your dream car as a bonus but you must work until your ass catches fire to earn that.
It is so Amazing

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#469 Jun 2, 2014
McGold wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the Chinese will buy a Volvo made in China. They would buy a Jaguar or a Land Rover. As for the Europeans, they would not pay the same price for a Volvo made in China.
The Chinese do make a difference between a Tiger rice cooker made in Japan and a rice cooker made in China.
Being opinate does not make you right!
For instance Indian Malaysian likes Jaguar but "Chinese" Malaysians loved flaunting their "Bentley" and everybody loved Mercedes, BMW and Audi.

Based on what?

Your imagination or your usual biased mindset.

LOL I see many Malaysians driving the latest VW Golf GTI and most of them did not even know or bother that they were imported from China. VW is VW.

Only a stupid guy would seek a product that has already price itself out of the market called Tiger when there are so many equally good products like Panasonic, Midea, Haier, Samsung, etc Not many consumer in this part of the world know a brand called tiger. They think it is a Thai brand and indeed Tiger was once made in Thailand.
McGold

Montréal, Canada

#470 Jun 2, 2014
It is so Amazing wrote:
<quoted text>
For instance Indian Malaysian likes Jaguar but "Chinese" Malaysians loved flaunting their "Bentley" and everybody loved Mercedes, BMW and Audi.
Based on what?
LOL I see many Malaysians driving the latest VW Golf GTI and most of them did not even know or bother that they were imported from China. VW is VW.
Only a stupid guy would seek a product that has already price itself out of the market called Tiger when there are so many equally good products like Panasonic, Midea, Haier, Samsung, etc Not many consumer in this part of the world know a brand called tiger. They think it is a Thai brand and indeed Tiger was once made in Thailand.
Even Jackie Chan doesn't want to buy Chinese made TV sets.(see 3rd paragraph starting from bottom). Ask Jackie Chan what rice cooker he has.

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Enterta...
McQuan

UK

#471 Jun 2, 2014
McGold wrote:
<quoted text>
Even Jackie Chan doesn't want to buy Chinese made TV sets.(see 3rd paragraph starting from bottom). Ask Jackie Chan what rice cooker he has.
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Enterta...
Jackie don't do domestic shopping himself, he has no idea the spec for his tv or how many inches it is. Never mind about the rice cooker, he hasn't cook himself for a long while. Either way, most electronic stuffs are made in China, regardless of whether they are Samsung, Lenovo, Sony, sharp etc . My best choice for rice cooker is tatung from Taiwan.

He however does Chinese antique shopping and ancient structure or properties.

Fancy buying a bamboo bicycle from Vietnam? It is not cheap.
McQuan

UK

#472 Jun 2, 2014
It is so Amazing wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on what?
That's right!! Never heard of tiger rice cooker
William

Canada

#473 Jun 2, 2014
It is so Amazing wrote:
<quoted text>
So Tata Nano is your dream car! But have you test it yet.
You show your ignorance about folks in other countries by saying this and that out of your own imagination. Nothing factual.
We Malaysian never need to show off as we do not have the same inferiority complex like you.
LOL But if you agree to sign up as a ladyboy in one of the show in Hadyat and is vote as one of the popular ladyboy in there, an associate of my friend can fixed you up with your dream car as a bonus but you must work until your ass catches fire to earn that.
You may ignore these biased anti-Chinese nuts.

They won't attack Volvo and they would continue to praise Volvo products if the firm is not Chinese owned.

But now it is a subsidiary of Chinese firm Geely. Many stupid people are so unethical. When they try to look for a buyer for what they do not want, they promote it as something best in the world. Once you have bought it, and it is no longer theirs, they begin to put it down.

That is the same way BBC, CNN, and British and American politicians treat Hong Kong.

When it was British, they praised it. When it was returned to China, they smear it even the government there today is more lenient than the British colonial government towards dissenting voices.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#474 Jun 2, 2014
The truth about the Tiananmen Square massacre
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/book...
McGold

Montréal, Canada

#475 Jun 3, 2014
It is so Amazing wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on what?
If you buy cheap products made by Haier, Midea, instead of making rice for you the rice cooker will explode in your face. Buy a Tiger rice cooker and your guests willl be impressed and praise you for your good taste.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do chinese girls like to marry filipino men? (Sep '13) 2 hr going thru 23
News Tense China-Japan relations overshadow the case... 5 hr Yakult 318
India outpastes China becomes the fastest growi... Thu slumdog india 19
News Germany's Merkel signals Japan could do more to... Thu IRADRUDAEGUMIDEBD... 394
how would you destroy china? :d (Jul '12) Jun 30 Raj 1,690
News China's Great Wall 'is disappearing' Jun 29 PAUL SHYKORA arts 2
Poll China + Pakistan vs. India + Russia, who WINS? (May '13) Jun 29 Raj Chanani 881
More from around the web