China certifies first aircraft carrie...

China certifies first aircraft carrier pilots

There are 606 comments on the Free Republic story from Jul 4, 2013, titled China certifies first aircraft carrier pilots. In it, Free Republic reports that:

China has certified its first pilots deck crew for aircraft carrier operations following a 25-day training deployment by the nation's first aircraft carrier, the Liaoning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

Gary

Columbus, OH

#553 Jul 25, 2013
AZN wrote:
<quoted text>Gary's undercover identity. LOLZ!!
A la Snowflake,Indian, and old Jew .
Gary

Columbus, OH

#554 Jul 25, 2013
AZN, tell me what your aircraft carrier,Liaonong can do . What can it do better than America's carriers ?:)
US a WORLD BULLY

United States

#555 Jul 25, 2013
Why US militaristic Imperialist like to bully the world and always lookimg for wars? Because you are satanic warring barbaric Race of Crackas scvmbaggers! JAJAJAJAJAJA
amcummer

Saint Paul, MN

#556 Jul 25, 2013
Gary wrote:
AZN, tell me what your aircraft carrier,Liaonong can do . What can it do better than America's carriers ?:)
I know that their aircraft carrier is capable of burning millions of Yuans every day while waiting for the pilots to get fully trained.
Gary

Columbus, OH

#557 Jul 25, 2013
amcummer wrote:
<quoted text> I know that their aircraft carrier is capable of burning millions of Yuans every day while waiting for the pilots to get fully trained.
That is so true !
AAA

Uckfield, UK

#558 Jul 25, 2013
Zhang San Jie wrote:
<quoted text>Not just Taiwanese and Hong Kong investors which are considered part of China anyway, you mentioned Singapore ,there were many American companies,Japan,S. Korea etc.
Russia had for a long time been selling military hardware to China ,incl. the licensing agreements for domestic manufacture.Also, the US was invited to provide expertise in specific weapons systems. Israel and certain European countries have both military and business relationships with China,too.
Dude, we are talking about early days in the 80s when China was just opening up. Investment in China and providing jobs, economic expansion not selling weapons. Do you know the difference?

“Who has the pepper and salt?”

Since: Jan 11

Edmonton

#559 Jul 26, 2013
AZN wrote:
<quoted text>If you're such a zealous supporter of free speech, then why do you seem to go on a witch hunt whenever you encounter comments that don't confirm to your pro-US mantra?
It is the American way. If its not American ideals it is forced to chang or you are labled a commie.
amcummer

Saint Paul, MN

#560 Jul 26, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>That is so true !
But of course a few billions of yuans to spend on their expeditionary forces is nothing for rich china. Si?
AAA

Uckfield, UK

#561 Jul 26, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>That is so true !
Agree, that is why it does not make sense for poor country to have aircraft carrier or large military burden while its people starve. That is what north Korea does, and Philippines is going down that path. Even UK can't afford to have an aircraft carrier operational, Spain, Italy likewise. Even world no.1 US is also feeling the squeeze with so many big ships around.

“Who has the pepper and salt?”

Since: Jan 11

Edmonton

#562 Jul 26, 2013
Gary wrote:
AZN, tell me what your aircraft carrier,Liaonong can do . What can it do better than America's carriers ?:)
http://www.sinodefence.com/

Easy to do, fact is most russian hardware out preform American, its just been force fead into American mindeset through movies and CNN that American has the best of EVERYTHING and sometimes that is not the case. Take a look.
AAA

Uckfield, UK

#563 Jul 26, 2013
Gary wrote:
AZN, tell me what your aircraft carrier,Liaonong can do . What can it do better than America's carriers ?:)
No, Liaoning is a training ship, US still no.1, nothing to worry about. Sleep tight.
AAA

Uckfield, UK

#564 Jul 26, 2013
amcummer wrote:
<quoted text> But of course a few billions of yuans to spend on their expeditionary forces is nothing for rich china. Si?
I think it is slightly more affordable to the Chinese than Philippines, the race is on to the delight of weapons exporter.

“Who has the pepper and salt?”

Since: Jan 11

Edmonton

#565 Jul 26, 2013
amcummer wrote:
<quoted text> I know that their aircraft carrier is capable of burning millions of Yuans every day while waiting for the pilots to get fully trained.
When your the richest nation on the planet, you could burn gold and it does not matter, because America still needs their loans, and material.

“Who has the pepper and salt?”

Since: Jan 11

Edmonton

#566 Jul 26, 2013
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, that is why it does not make sense for poor country to have aircraft carrier or large military burden while its people starve. That is what north Korea does, and Philippines is going down that path. Even UK can't afford to have an aircraft carrier operational, Spain, Italy likewise. Even world no.1 US is also feeling the squeeze with so many big ships around.
A projection of power, thats all.

“Who has the pepper and salt?”

Since: Jan 11

Edmonton

#567 Jul 26, 2013
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Liaoning is a training ship, US still no.1, nothing to worry about. Sleep tight.
The issue is not money, the issue is producing the equipment on a lsrge scale. 2 to 4 to 6 and so on money is nothing to china. But projection of power is everything.
AAA

UK

#568 Jul 26, 2013
Pepper26 wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is not money, the issue is producing the equipment on a lsrge scale. 2 to 4 to 6 and so on money is nothing to china. But projection of power is everything.
Just point arrays of hypersonic anti-ship missiles, more cost effective, 10,000 missiles roughly equal to the cost of an advance carrier. Interest income from China's US treasury debt holding will be enough to pay for it.
Gary

Columbus, OH

#569 Jul 26, 2013
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, we are talking about early days in the 80s when China was just opening up. Investment in China and providing jobs, economic expansion not selling weapons. Do you know the difference?
Do you ? I don't think so.
Gary

Columbus, OH

#570 Jul 26, 2013
amcummer wrote:
<quoted text> But of course a few billions of yuans to spend on their expeditionary forces is nothing for rich china. Si?
We agree again.
Gary

Columbus, OH

#571 Jul 26, 2013
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, that is why it does not make sense for poor country to have aircraft carrier or large military burden while its people starve. That is what north Korea does, and Philippines is going down that path. Even UK can't afford to have an aircraft carrier operational, Spain, Italy likewise. Even world no.1 US is also feeling the squeeze with so many big ships around.
Well, UK has 2 new carriers in building right now . Yes, navy ships are expensive for any country.
AAA

UK

#572 Jul 26, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>Well, UK has 2 new carriers in building right now . Yes, navy ships are expensive for any country.
Unfortunately yes, for job creation in the midst of economic downturn, we just have to print money to follow through the purchase, and of course to retain the technical expertise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who would win in a war China or the United States? 11 hr Chuck 9
India outpastes China becomes the fastest growi... (Feb '15) 15 hr -TheExam- 70
News China's stock rescue jolts companies, reform plans 18 hr CHINA CRASH 1
News China's parade: 850,000 volunteers, 12,000 troo... 18 hr USA won that War 2
Article About the Nine Dash Line - American Jou... 18 hr Just a CCP SCAM 9
News A Man of Character - First Asian American chanc... (Dec '14) Sep 2 furry 8
News China Arrests The Short Sellers - All Is Well? Sep 2 GREAT FALL OF CHINA 13
More from around the web