China IQs scores.

Posted in the China Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of265
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
interesting

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 30, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Zhejiang province rural boys: 116.23
Zhejiang province average: 115.05
Beijing rural: 114.9
Hangzhou city: 114.7
Zhejiang province rural girls: 114.41
Zhejiang province girls average: 114.32
Wenzhou average: 114.195
Beijing average: 114.07
Zhejiang province city girls: 113.73
Zhejiang province city boys: 113.46
Beijing city average: 112.6
Hubei province city average: 111
Jiangsu province average: 109
Jilin province average: 107.04
Hubei province small cities and towns average: 106.4
Hubei province boys average: 105.44
Hubei province average: 105.3
Sichuan province average: 105.3
Hubei province girls average: 105.1
Guangdong province average: 103.4
Henan province average: 95.51
Hainan province average: 92.6

“Ngali”

Since: Jun 08

Perth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 31, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

interesting wrote:
Zhejiang province rural boys: 116.23
Zhejiang province average: 115.05
Beijing rural: 114.9
Hangzhou city: 114.7
Zhejiang province rural girls: 114.41
Zhejiang province girls average: 114.32
Wenzhou average: 114.195
Beijing average: 114.07
Zhejiang province city girls: 113.73
Zhejiang province city boys: 113.46
Beijing city average: 112.6
Hubei province city average: 111
Jiangsu province average: 109
Jilin province average: 107.04
Hubei province small cities and towns average: 106.4
Hubei province boys average: 105.44
Hubei province average: 105.3
Sichuan province average: 105.3
Hubei province girls average: 105.1
Guangdong province average: 103.4
Henan province average: 95.51
Hainan province average: 92.6
I read a Chinese netizen's comment recently that said something along the lines of, "I'd rather trust someone from Henan than a North Korean".

Something like that.

Do Henan people have a bad reputation? Why?
Stay Calm

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 31, 2010
 
interesting wrote:
Zhejiang province rural boys: 116.23
Zhejiang province average: 115.05
Beijing rural: 114.9
Hangzhou city: 114.7
Zhejiang province rural girls: 114.41
Zhejiang province girls average: 114.32
Wenzhou average: 114.195
Beijing average: 114.07
Zhejiang province city girls: 113.73
Zhejiang province city boys: 113.46
Beijing city average: 112.6
Hubei province city average: 111
Jiangsu province average: 109
Jilin province average: 107.04
Hubei province small cities and towns average: 106.4
Hubei province boys average: 105.44
Hubei province average: 105.3
Sichuan province average: 105.3
Hubei province girls average: 105.1
Guangdong province average: 103.4
Henan province average: 95.51
Hainan province average: 92.6
If this is what Chinese peasants do for a pastime, then those stats are hardly surprising.

http://gizmodo.com/5353587/its-official-chine...
snowflake

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 31, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

China has more geniuses than any place on earth.
Cathy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 31, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

1

snowflake wrote:
China has more geniuses than any place on earth.
You're nuttier than a fruitcake! The Chinese failed to invent the first jet engine or rockets. Those were German inventions.

In fact, fifty years AFTER rockets were invented, the Chinese STILL hadn't figured out how to build a stable rocket. The Clintons let an American company SELL rockets to China, so the Chinese could put a rocket up in the air that wouldn't fall to the ground and crash! That was FIFTY YEARS AFTER THE GERMANS INVENTED ROCKETS!!!

If it wasn't for American companies selling technologies to the Chinese, they'd still be trying to figure out how to build jets and rockets and satellites! The Chinese are mentally retarded.
snowflake

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 31, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

The Germans are dumber than heck that's why they lost WWII. Much of the German economy depends on China.
Smarty Pants

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 31, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Cathy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're nuttier than a fruitcake! The Chinese failed to invent the first jet engine or rockets. Those were German inventions.
In fact, fifty years AFTER rockets were invented, the Chinese STILL hadn't figured out how to build a stable rocket. The Clintons let an American company SELL rockets to China, so the Chinese could put a rocket up in the air that wouldn't fall to the ground and crash! That was FIFTY YEARS AFTER THE GERMANS INVENTED ROCKETS!!!
If it wasn't for American companies selling technologies to the Chinese, they'd still be trying to figure out how to build jets and rockets and satellites! The Chinese are mentally retarded.
C'mon Cathy, admit you want some of these genes.

“Ngali”

Since: Jun 08

Perth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 31, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

snowflake wrote:
The Germans are dumber than heck that's why they lost WWII.
Ridiculous.

“Ngali”

Since: Jun 08

Perth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 31, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Cathy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Chinese are mentally retarded.
Equally ridiculous.
Peace

Guangzhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 31, 2010
 
This guy is just pulling numbers out of his ass
Peace

Guangzhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 31, 2010
 
The numbers are obviously f*ck, a few years back there was a study show kids in HongKong actually have the highest IQ in Asia, so I don't know where these numbers came from? LOL WTF?
Stay Calm

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 31, 2010
 
Peace wrote:
The numbers are obviously f*ck, a few years back there was a study show kids in HongKong actually have the highest IQ in Asia, so I don't know where these numbers came from? LOL WTF?
That's what I was wondering too.

In fact, "highest IQ in Asia" is an understatement. Wikipedia lists Hong Kong as the place with the highest IQ in the *WORLD*.

But then, the data is a bit old. Anyone who has been to China knows they progress in supersonic speed over there. And not just in terms of infrastructure. The last time I went there, a third of the people I met were either doing their PHD degrees or already had one.

And one thing for sure, kids in HK certainly don't make submarines, do they? LOL

http://gizmodo.com/5353587/its-official-chine...
Stay Calm

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 31, 2010
 
Stay Calm wrote:
But then, the data is a bit old.
I meant data shown in the Wikipedia.
mainland chinese

Central District, Hong Kong

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 1, 2010
 
i thought IQ is a function of DNA make up(major), biological and social exposures. higher IQ is expected in colder / more populated / coastal area. But still quite surprised that henan scores so low.

zhejiang and beijing rural kids seem to be doing slightly better than city. I would expect their social exposure to be at a disavantage. rural samples more homogeneous thus smaller discrepancy?

hk is a melting pot of east and west. Could the exposure to both culture have helped boost the IQ? same for singapore. the two culture are quite complementary in many ways. could be a major reason behind the unique vibrancy in the two cities. in nature, hybrids have survival advantage.
mainland chinese

Central District, Hong Kong

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 1, 2010
 
i came across an article saying english is a more linear-logic and reasoning driven language whereas chinese more intuitive and ambiance-oriented.

reasoning and logic is governed by the left brain where as emotion and lateral thinking is more on the right brain. emotion and intuition can affect our decision-makings of importance without us necessarily aware of it.
interesting

Reading, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 1, 2010
 
Stay Calm wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I was wondering too.
In fact, "highest IQ in Asia" is an understatement. Wikipedia lists Hong Kong as the place with the highest IQ in the *WORLD*.
But then, the data is a bit old. Anyone who has been to China knows they progress in supersonic speed over there. And not just in terms of infrastructure. The last time I went there, a third of the people I met were either doing their PHD degrees or already had one.
And one thing for sure, kids in HK certainly don't make submarines, do they? LOL
http://gizmodo.com/5353587/its-official-chine...
hong kong a trading port therefore that is were lots of surplus wealth will be. surplus either comes from slavery from rural chinese and/or from western people who buy products from hong kong. western people get surplus from slavery of other poor countries. hong kong use that money to get more money by e.g, was manufacturing and now it does lots of banking and finance.
hong kong chinese are not really that genetically clever.
the most genetically clever chinese in China is most likely the chinese from zhejiang province.
interesting

Reading, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 1, 2010
 
Stay Calm wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I was wondering too.
In fact, "highest IQ in Asia" is an understatement. Wikipedia lists Hong Kong as the place with the highest IQ in the *WORLD*.
But then, the data is a bit old. Anyone who has been to China knows they progress in supersonic speed over there. And not just in terms of infrastructure. The last time I went there, a third of the people I met were either doing their PHD degrees or already had one.
And one thing for sure, kids in HK certainly don't make submarines, do they? LOL
http://gizmodo.com/5353587/its-official-chine...
hong kong a trading port therefore that is were lots of surplus wealth will be. surplus either comes from slavery from rural chinese and/or from western people who buy products from hong kong. western people get surplus from slavery of other poor countries. hong kong use that money to get more money by e.g, was manufacturing and now it does lots of banking and finance.
hong kong chinese are not the cleverest chinese.
the most genetically clever chinese in China is most likely the chinese from zhejiang province.
interesting

Reading, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jun 1, 2010
 
Stay Calm wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I was wondering too.
In fact, "highest IQ in Asia" is an understatement. Wikipedia lists Hong Kong as the place with the highest IQ in the *WORLD*.
But then, the data is a bit old. Anyone who has been to China knows they progress in supersonic speed over there. And not just in terms of infrastructure. The last time I went there, a third of the people I met were either doing their PHD degrees or already had one.
And one thing for sure, kids in HK certainly don't make submarines, do they? LOL
http://gizmodo.com/5353587/its-official-chine...
hong kong a trading port therefore that is were lots of surplus wealth will be. surplus either comes from slavery from rural chinese and/or from western people who buy products from hong kong. western people get surplus from slavery of other countries. hong kong use that money to get more money by e.g, was manufacturing and now it does lots of banking and finance.
hong kong chinese are not the cleverest chinese.
the most genetically clever chinese in China is most likely the chinese from zhejiang province.
interesting

Reading, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jun 1, 2010
 

Since: Mar 08

Long Island City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jun 1, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ngali wrote:
<quoted text>
I read a Chinese netizen's comment recently that said something along the lines of, "I'd rather trust someone from Henan than a North Korean".
Did you misplace the position of the two? Different region has different bias against people of other region in China, and it all depends on who you speaking to.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of265
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the China Forum right now

Search the China Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
China says 1/5 of its farmland polluted 51 min I can read 1
China releases list of companies planning to li... 2 hr RayH 1
Why are chinese people dirty and so unhygienic (May '12) 3 hr barsoumian garbis 755
NEWS: China BEGS Philippines to delay case 4 hr RESISTANCE IS FUTILE 164
China Car Sales Stall, But Wealth Gets Gas 16 hr grdsghsfgd 1
i hate china and chinese? (Oct '12) 23 hr Chim Lok Yan 94
Can China be Trusted? 23 hr McGold 9
•••
•••
•••
•••