Philippines Asia's Strongest Performing Economy

Nov 23, 2012 Full story: Manila Bulletin 6,091

THE value of Philippine merchandise exports grew by 22.8% to $4.8 billion in September, 2012, higher than the $3.9 billion shipped out in the same month in 2011, making the country the strongest performer among Southeast and East Asian nations.

Full Story
amcummer

Saint Paul, MN

#6249 Jun 27, 2013
dzhou wrote:
<quoted text>
What else they've got? Bananas? US buys Bananas from Panama which is a lot closer
Chinks are trigger happy for hasty firing of the firs shot in economic war against the PH. No need to belittle the PH all the time it is very little compared to greedy bully china. Go smell you chop suey and fried ant eaters. Oh and don't forget the human fetus soup?
joules

Plano, TX

#6250 Jun 27, 2013
2 Cents wrote:
I feel almost embarrassed reading some of these posts which show so much Filipino pride in hosting so many of our soldiers. I understand that they feel it's necessary for their protection but the amount of pride that they show in being dependent on our military smells of an overwhelming inferiority complex and that Filipinos, for the lack of a better analogy, enjoy being cuckold by Americans. Its like Filipinos taking pride in their own inability to protect themselves and then proudly begging the Americans to come protect them while offering their wives and daughters as prostitutes.
You should feel embarrassed if you were one of those horny rabid servicemen who takes advantage of impoverished Filipina women. After 3 months at sea, you guys would fornicate anything with a skirt and yet you blame your host's daughters for your lack of restraint. You must be young and naive and have no idea of the historical relationship between US and PH. The Filipinos do not beg to be protected by any country. Against overwhelming odds, the Filipinos fought the invading US forces in 1989-1906 at the cost of a million lives. The US replaced Spain as the colonizers, set up their military bases and incorporated the Filipinos in their army. US and PH soldiers bled together in the battlefield against a common enemy Japan in WW2 and later Korea and Vietnam. The US gave PH its independence in 1946 and kept the bases. They formed SEATO to jointly defend the countries in the region against the threat of communism. US used the PH bases as its staging point which is what happened in the Vietnam war. The US never sold PH military hardware required to defend the country because there was no need. The US was bound by the treaty to do it whether or not they had the US bases in PH or not. Hence you see a joint US PH military exercise ongoing this week. The past PH acquisition of military hardware was programmed to quell the communist insurrection and muslim rebellion. Recent incidents pushed the current administration to allocate more budget for military expenditure. So PH made purchases and while they wait for delivery, they use their friendship and diplomacy to remind US of its obligations in the region. No country could outspend China in terms of military spending. If China decides to go rouge, only a country as powerful as US can protect the region - Japan and Korea included.
amcummer

Saint Paul, MN

#6251 Jun 27, 2013
joules wrote:
<quoted text>
You should feel embarrassed if you were one of those horny rabid servicemen who takes advantage of impoverished Filipina women. After 3 months at sea, you guys would fornicate anything with a skirt and yet you blame your host's daughters for your lack of restraint. You must be young and naive and have no idea of the historical relationship between US and PH. The Filipinos do not beg to be protected by any country. Against overwhelming odds, the Filipinos fought the invading US forces in 1989-1906 at the cost of a million lives. The US replaced Spain as the colonizers, set up their military bases and incorporated the Filipinos in their army. US and PH soldiers bled together in the battlefield against a common enemy Japan in WW2 and later Korea and Vietnam. The US gave PH its independence in 1946 and kept the bases. They formed SEATO to jointly defend the countries in the region against the threat of communism. US used the PH bases as its staging point which is what happened in the Vietnam war. The US never sold PH military hardware required to defend the country because there was no need. The US was bound by the treaty to do it whether or not they had the US bases in PH or not. Hence you see a joint US PH military exercise ongoing this week. The past PH acquisition of military hardware was programmed to quell the communist insurrection and muslim rebellion. Recent incidents pushed the current administration to allocate more budget for military expenditure. So PH made purchases and while they wait for delivery, they use their friendship and diplomacy to remind US of its obligations in the region. No country could outspend China in terms of military spending. If China decides to go rouge, only a country as powerful as US can protect the region - Japan and Korea included.
He is too much anti Filipino and pro chinks if you just look at all his post it all shows a lot are direct insults to PH. He is a commie propaganda poster chink.

Since: Aug 08

Shanghai, China

#6252 Jun 28, 2013
amcummer wrote:
<quoted text> So how about china grabbing a whole chunk of asia? Dirty greedy bully big brother?
Not as dirty as the country who created prism but pointing fingers at others at the same time but got busted by its own, what a shame!
2 Cents

Taipei, Taiwan

#6253 Jun 28, 2013
joules wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the history lesson but more importantly I disagree that fornicating with Filipina prostitutes is taking advantage of them. I always treat them with the same courtesies that I would show my friends. I respect their boundaries. I pay them in full and tip them generously.
lol

San Francisco, CA

#6254 Jun 28, 2013
Super ego in advertising one's dirty laundry....

nobody wants to know, just eat your dirty laundry..
amcummer

Saint Paul, MN

#6255 Jun 28, 2013
dzhou wrote:
<quoted text>
Not as dirty as the country who created prism but pointing fingers at others at the same time but got busted by its own, what a shame!
Pinoys never go to chinks topix but you do come to PH to create troubles. What are you up to eh chinks?
joules

Plano, TX

#6256 Jun 28, 2013
Well, I guess the PH people should thank you for patronizing unlicensed hospitality and contributing to the local economic growth as well as the moral degradation of PH society . Morality aside, there are those who practice prostitution because its easy money and there are those who are forced into it because its just a matter of survival. The latter is more predominant in PH although its arguable that the distinction between the 2 is a gray area. Surely teenage kids as young as 13 peddling sexual favors in exchange for money is a strong indicator that they are being taken advantaged of and that their decision to engage in this practice is not borne out of mature thinking. There are many of them who support families who do not know where or when the next meal would come from. If you engage in it, just be considerate that these are human beings. They are not mere commodities.
AAA

UK

#6257 Jun 28, 2013
amcummer wrote:
<quoted text> Pinoys never go to chinks topix but you do come to PH to create troubles. What are you up to eh chinks?
Wrong, there are many Pinoys on the China forum talking rubbish. Mostly pretend to be non-pinoy,
but the pattern of idiotic posts don't change. You guys take the fight into chinese territory, so don't expect them to sit ther and take punches.
amcummer

Saint Paul, MN

#6258 Jun 28, 2013
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, there are many Pinoys on the China forum talking rubbish. Mostly pretend to be non-pinoy,
but the pattern of idiotic posts don't change. You guys take the fight into chinese territory, so don't expect them to sit ther and take punches.
Those who pretend to be a non pinoys are ungrateful gooks chinks. Chinks are mostly parasite who breeds in a foreign country but their allegiance belongs only to china like you and bakuteh. The world already knows how dirty manipulators chinks are so better for you not to come and lie so you don't make the world more mad than they are now. Chinky chinks.
AAAn

UK

#6259 Jun 28, 2013
amcummer wrote:
<quoted text> Those who pretend to be a non pinoys are ungrateful gooks chinks. Chinks are mostly parasite who breeds in a foreign country but their allegiance belongs only to china like you and bakuteh. The world already knows how dirty manipulators chinks are so better for you not to come and lie so you don't make the world more mad than they are now. Chinky chinks.
Well, if you want to to be more precise, I think they are chocolate pinoys drumming up how much supports Philippines have in regard to spratly, sabah and fisherman murder case. They are trash like yourself which call Chinese names and advocate ethnic cleansing. They are also liars like your government who initially tried to put blame on dead fisherman, only to end up retreating and trying to save last bit of face after international condemnations.
leyli_kok

Macau, Macau

#6260 Jun 28, 2013
amcummer wrote:
<quoted text> So how about china grabbing a whole chunk of asia? Dirty greedy bully big brother?
This is due to the Population
lol

San Francisco, CA

#6261 Jun 28, 2013
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>
And who are you Pinoy or Chinese or non Pinoy??? You seems to be fighting for the Chinese???
AAA

Waterlooville, UK

#6262 Jun 28, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
And who are you Pinoy or Chinese or non Pinoy??? You seems to be fighting for the Chinese???
Neither. But I absolutely

1) support Taiwan in the case of PCG murder of Taiwan fisherman
2) support Malaysia in the case of Philippines's invasion on Sahah
3) support the Taiwanese/Chinese in their ownership of Spratly

And I think majority of the Pinoys are full of shits, trouble makers and uneducated compared to more developed countries in Asia.
lol

San Francisco, CA

#6263 Jun 28, 2013
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>
And I think majority of the Pinoys are full of shits, trouble makers and uneducated compared to more developed countries in Asia.
And you're so mentally challenged about the traits of the Pinoys...
so you want to talk shits against shits....nobody will win. But if you use your education into good use, perhaps you can stop challenging the trouble makers who are living in the Philippines. They don't care about your opinion.
lol

San Francisco, CA

#6264 Jun 28, 2013
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I know you're a Taiwanese living in UK. Of course you have to love your own country and people. I believe the killing of the Taiwan Fisherman was investigated by both sides....and if it was a murder case, the killer should serve in jail for life. It was a very unfortunate incident that should not happen.
amcummer

Saint Paul, MN

#6265 Jun 28, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a chinky chink no doubt about it, Them gooks are only good for big resto expense and no good for being gook and parasites all over the world. They are nothing but thick skinned (shameless) grabbers.
AAA

Waterlooville, UK

#6266 Jun 28, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I know you're a Taiwanese living in UK. Of course you have to love your own country and people. I believe the killing of the Taiwan Fisherman was investigated by both sides....and if it was a murder case, the killer should serve in jail for life. It was a very unfortunate incident that should not happen.
Nope, I am not Taiwanese, but my childrens are partly Taiwanese.

That wasn't an accident, it happened in 2006 when PNP gun down another Taiwan fisherman, Philippines has so far refused to hand over the two murderers. PCG have known for a long time to be uniformed pirates holding fisherman to ransom, sometimes resulting in death, just like those Filipino kidnapper militias.

Now that the Philippines side has recommended criminal charge for PCG, I anticipate that killer should be put behind bar for life without parole. Following that, a fishing agreement must be signed to prevent future incident. I still think Taiwan should send in the Navy and coast guard to patrol its EEZ until the Philippines knows how to behave.
lol

San Francisco, CA

#6267 Jun 28, 2013
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I am not Taiwanese, but my childrens are partly Taiwanese.
That wasn't an accident, it happened in 2006 when PNP gun down another Taiwan fisherman, Philippines has so far refused to hand over the two murderers. PCG have known for a long time to be uniformed pirates holding fisherman to ransom, sometimes resulting in death, just like those Filipino kidnapper militias.
Now that the Philippines side has recommended criminal charge for PCG, I anticipate that killer should be put behind bar for life without parole. Following that, a fishing agreement must be signed to prevent future incident. I still think Taiwan should send in the Navy and coast guard to patrol its EEZ until the Philippines knows how to behave.
Your government was very aggressive and active in the investigation...so what's their findings??? lol...first, nobody should go beyond one's boundary; the best way to behave....
AAA

London, UK

#6268 Jun 29, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Your government was very aggressive and active in the investigation...so what's their findings??? lol...first, nobody should go beyond one's boundary; the best way to behave....
That was also Taiwan EEZ, dick head, so you think Taiwan coast guard should do the same against PCG then, shoot whenever PCG enters Taiwan EEZ? Besides killing unarmed fisherman at sea is illegal and act of piracy. Even Philippines side is recommending criminal charge against PCG, which Taiwan welcomes.

But the Filipinos' attitude like you is precisely why I think Taiwan does not have to be too civilised with a rogue state like Philippines, just send in the Navy and Coast Guard, if PCG dares to harm fisherman again within Taiwan EEZ, shoot them. Shooting pirates is allowed under international law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
uyghur Turks 36 min Tuti 4
Dongguan, sex capital of China, tightens grip o... 4 hr RayH 1
Chinese Property Developer Flees To New Zealand... 4 hr RayH 1
The Chinese Mind 4 hr RayH 35
China fines British drug maker GlaxoSmithKline ... 5 hr RayH 1
Alibaba symbol of China's new tech giants 7 hr jfjdhxn 1
are the chinese racist? 10 hr Han Guilao Gweilo 14
•••

China People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE