Philippines Asia's Strongest Performing Economy

There are 20 comments on the Manila Bulletin story from Nov 23, 2012, titled Philippines Asia's Strongest Performing Economy. In it, Manila Bulletin reports that:

THE value of Philippine merchandise exports grew by 22.8% to $4.8 billion in September, 2012, higher than the $3.9 billion shipped out in the same month in 2011, making the country the strongest performer among Southeast and East Asian nations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Manila Bulletin.

AAA

London, UK

#6044 Jun 22, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot does not need to recruit...if you are one of those who are maliciously attacking the Filipinos, I repeat "maliciously"...then you're inviting a comment from me.
So if you're smart don't act like idiot.
No, you are right, I won't act like idiots united. Does that mean you won't be joining idiots United's league? He will be terribly disappointed. Only that army recruit martin left for idiot
xyz

Ilford, UK

#6045 Jun 22, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>So if you're smart don't act like idiot.
Better than the idiots acting like smart like what most pinoy do. lool
idiots united

Saint Paul, MN

#6046 Jun 22, 2013
xyz wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet the police thanked god after he robbed you. "Oh thanks god at least I have something to feed my family today and enough for a case of san miguel" or if not the whole family pray before eating.
Me a filipino how did you work that one out?
So you come to PH topix to discredit disparage Filipinos but you never look in the mirror how poor and miserable (mark by extreme jealousy) your lowlife is? Oh I get it you live in landon land of the prince princess kings and queens. LOL!
BaKuteH

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#6047 Jun 22, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said I was robbed?? Are you hallucinating?
lola you were in denial state, you still think philippines is that innocent country, you are pathetic pinoy are thiefs lola...
BaKuteH

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#6048 Jun 22, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
you talk of ghettos, jealousy and rivalry.....it explain so much about your jealousy of the Filipinos.
there are no need to be jealous of problemful and rotting wretched country like the philippines, as you can see yor country are progressing no better than ours lololol and you expect me to be jealous????
BaKuteH

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#6049 Jun 22, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you have all the time to nag and nag 24/7 ...being stuck in your computer as you don't have a life but just to pour out your anger and hatred anything Filipino....perhaps, you're one of those in the list removed from PH and could not return anymore so you have the audacity to call "ignorant government"....lollllllll lllllllllllllllll
lololol filipino government will do anything for my money if i return there
BaKuteH

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#6050 Jun 22, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
I said, beggars beg...bad police do not beg....they show power ...don't say you're ignorant of how bad people works if they want to get your money..no need to beg, they just show a knife or gun...
and you are a Filipino, so you're one of the hypocrites..lolllllllllll
again lola you are in denial,these people beg because they are poor and corrupt, filipinos will try to scams you with everything they got... that is so sad of the philippines... you can't stand the feeling of your country rotting and becoming even more chaotic than ever before, just like when the police robbed you
BaKuteH

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#6051 Jun 22, 2013
xyz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I can understand that but the British moves to different country for example because of crappy weather and high cost of living. I don't think you will hear them say they have nice sunny weather or something like fuel price in the UK is cheap.
Unlike the pinoy they will tell you one thing that they don't even believe in themselves. Look at idiots, lola, crystal, joules and the rest of the pack they are not even in the Philippines. I can understand the defensive behaviour if they are currently there and is enjoying the time there.
as i told you before they're the most exagurative person on earth, with 66% of its population experiencing emotional moment daily why? because they aree exagurrative, even if lolo stop handing their grandkids money they'll be banging their heads to the door

and of course thye're not in ph because htye hate the place, the place is entirely crap and hopeless which is why they ran away before troubles could come and they end up in tondo scratching for garbage
Miguel

Singapore, Singapore

#6053 Jun 22, 2013
sykes wrote:
I'm in manila for a business trip and I'm surprised... It's nice and modern... Some places are still dull but you can see that things are improving... Its skyline is better than Bangkok's and KL combined and the malls are swankier... The economy is vibrant and the people are beautiful... Many can pass for latinos, some look chinese and Vietnamese... There's variety of looks here maybe because of the many races in their DNA. They are nice and friendly too. friendlier than their neighbors... Filipinos are way nicer than their haters.
I wonder why many people hate them. What have the Filipinos done to you guys... Stop picking on them and instead be happy for what this nation is achieving...
The glass is half full for this country. I won't be surprised if 20years from now, they will be a lot richer than malaysia and singapore. well before the they were the second richest nation in asia after japan. things just turned sour in the 70s but i'm telling you, this country is ready to conquer Asia again... The ever friendly, hard-working filipinos deserve it...
Lol Philippines had never conquered Asia but I do know Philippines used to be conquered by Spain and America. Now many of the world pinoy resides in the USA because their mothers was married to an American social reject who is deemed undesirable by American women. If not why would Americans go to slumdog Philippines in search of a wife? Because its cheap and easy.
Miguel

Singapore, Singapore

#6054 Jun 23, 2013
BaKuteH wrote:
<quoted text>
omg you know so much about that dna stuff you sure you aren't pinoy? and that is pretty pathetic of you filipino trying to be a foreign western guy visiting the country and making compliment of yourself (well a person may never notice its own ugliness) Beside you are comparing skylines and mall between country? please get real!
Lol 100% agree with you. In fact many pinoys in the Philippines pick their own news, they can choose to write articles on Philippines economy is the biggest in Asia.
But the true face of Philippines is this

Kids living in manila garbage dumps, man eating dog's poo etc

Continual denial of their country's poverty is just gonna get looked down further. Man, im not even gonna donate any money to the Philippines. To other country like Vietnam at least they are still hardworking and ridiculously call their country the top economy of Asia.
Evidence Please

Pioneer, CA

#6055 Jun 23, 2013
Miguel wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol Philippines had never conquered Asia but I do know Philippines used to be conquered by Spain and America. Now many of the world pinoy resides in the USA because their mothers was married to an American social reject who is deemed undesirable by American women. If not why would Americans go to slumdog Philippines in search of a wife? Because its cheap and easy.
Yes it is true that American social-rejects go to to the Philippines in search for a wife. Don't know why you are so strung up about this since you are in Singapore. Your arrogance is not needed here.
heressssssssssss s kenny

Las Piņas, Philippines

#6056 Jun 23, 2013
Evidence Please wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence please.
Please include links to actual pictures/photos that indicate that the Philippines is going up. Words are just words. Substantial evidence please.
If you want evidence ask the ratings agencies - they are the ones that release the numbers - if you lived here in Manila you would see the growth -it is true the a strong economy does not help everyone just those who position themselves to take advantage of said growth -this is not a welfare state and those who are poor and do little or nothing but wait for God or the Govt to provide for them have a longgggg wait in store .The building boom here is not just condos in Makati if you travel around you will see new homes being built for all different classes- these homes are MOSTLY built to order not merely built to stand empty, so you know #1 someone is paying for them #2 the money has to come from somewhere -if not economic growth then where ??
AAA

London, UK

#6057 Jun 23, 2013
heresssssssssssss kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want evidence ask the ratings agencies - they are the ones that release the numbers - if you lived here in Manila you would see the growth -it is true the a strong economy does not help everyone just those who position themselves to take advantage of said growth -this is not a welfare state and those who are poor and do little or nothing but wait for God or the Govt to provide for them have a longgggg wait in store .The building boom here is not just condos in Makati if you travel around you will see new homes being built for all different classes- these homes are MOSTLY built to order not merely built to stand empty, so you know #1 someone is paying for them #2 the money has to come from somewhere -if not economic growth then where ??
Why is Philippines not doing call centres as much as the Indians. In term of English, Filipinos are just as good. During conference call, I can never understand what the Indian guys are saying without paying full attention. With outsourcing cost increasing, I think there is a gap for Philippines to enter on a lower cost base. Already software support and call centres are moving to China, I think Philippines can compete on cost basis particularly for American firms.
Miguel

Singapore, Singapore

#6058 Jun 23, 2013
Evidence Please wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is true that American social-rejects go to to the Philippines in search for a wife. Don't know why you are so strung up about this since you are in Singapore. Your arrogance is not needed here.
Relax, I'm only replying to Sykes' jingoistic comment. If he wasn't all arrogant first about Philippines conquering Asia and overtaking Malysia and Singapore in economy, I wouldn't have replied right?
Besides I can always hide my location using proxy. But I apologize if I hurt your feelings lol
sykes

Philippines

#6059 Jun 23, 2013
I wonder why BaKuteH hates the Philippines and its people bigtime... lol... what a loser...

I guess it makes you feel better... You're a disgrace to your country and race. Don't give malaysia a bad name. I know some malaysians and none of them are haters... Friendly like the phinoys

btw, I'm from the states... part japanese and white... just so you know...
sykes

Philippines

#6060 Jun 23, 2013
BaKuteH wrote:
<quoted text>
you pinoy worry about having spanish/american blood because it makes you feel better, you hate the truth but you trully don't like which is why manila will always seems beautiful to you but in fact, we all know the city are horrible and in desperate need to improve itself
Why do you hate the philippines and its people? what a loser... full of insecurities hahaha

well maybe hating makes you feel better as person and i'll leave that to you... you're a disgrace to your own country and race... don't give malaysia a bad name. I know some malaysians and none of them are haters. friendly like the phinoys...

btw, I'm from the states... grew up in the valley... and im part japanese and white.. just so you know...
Evidence Please

Anonymous Proxy

#6061 Jun 23, 2013
http://www.philstar.com/opinion/2013/05/27/94...

Here's evidences on how Philippines sucks.
Some Pinoy is really disgusting, they'll say they are part this part that, from the States, when their location show they are from Philippines. Just to let you know your standard of English and typing style reveal you're a pinoy. Face it.
Wonder why people hate your country, when you shamelessly pretended to be a non-pinoy while giving your backwater country compliments. Your country is nowhere developed. With a population of 97million, Philippines only have a GDP of 224754Million. As compared to Malaysia's population of 28 million with a GDP of 340000million. An average Malaysian's standard of living is roughly 5 times better than a pinoy.
bisaya aku

United States

#6062 Jun 23, 2013
BaKuteH wrote:
<quoted text>
lola you were in denial state, you still think philippines is that innocent country, you are pathetic pinoy are thiefs lola...
hello mr.over-exaggerated!!! there's no in denial state going on but rather its your deluded mind insisting!!! why putting those words of yours to other people's mouth, when it didnt really happen to them in a first place?

i must say, your tooo delusional mr.pure-exaggerated!!
AAA

London, UK

#6063 Jun 23, 2013
sykes wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hate the philippines and its people? what a loser... full of insecurities hahaha
well maybe hating makes you feel better as person and i'll leave that to you... you're a disgrace to your own country and race... don't give malaysia a bad name. I know some malaysians and none of them are haters. friendly like the phinoys...
btw, I'm from the states... grew up in the valley... and im part japanese and white.. just so you know...
you don't have to kept on repeating you are from the states, grew up in the valley and you are part japanese and white. That is a very typical Pinoy declaration. Unconsciously trying to distance yourself from the Pinoys back in Philippines.
sykes

Philippines

#6064 Jun 23, 2013
Miguel wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax, I'm only replying to Sykes' jingoistic comment. If he wasn't all arrogant first about Philippines conquering Asia and overtaking Malysia and Singapore in economy, I wouldn't have replied right?
Besides I can always hide my location using proxy. But I apologize if I hurt your feelings lol
Sorry if it sounded arrogant... I did not say that it will conquer asia as in literally conquer it.. lol...

what I meant by that was... the country is ready for a take off which is good and its neighbors should be happy about it... and it is really possible that this country could overtake its neighbors.

if you know the history of this country it used to be the 2nd richest asian nation next to japan...

I'm not saying as well that the country is better than malaysia or thailand. for me manila skyline is nicer since it reminds me of new york's bec of the density...

and yeah all asean countries should help each other to make this region one the best in the world.

I am very optimistic that soon the world will look up to these countries. Look at singapore now... hopefully in less than 20 years, the philippines, malaysia, vietnam, indonesia and the rest will be considered as first world nations as well...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Queen Mother opens new Tungi Colonnade building (Jun '12) Fri Barbara Halston 3
News Germany's Merkel signals Japan could do more to... May 1 WOMDRUDAEGUMIDEBD... 352
News Those Problematic Cuban Dissidents May 1 WE JUST DONT CARE 4
Why do Nepalese hate Indians? (Aug '13) Apr 30 why 164
News Glavin: Reaping the whirlwind of Canada's unsee... Apr 30 Mel 1
get rid of political store walmart out of china... Apr 29 so good 1
News Historical issues key to improving China-Japan ... Apr 27 WOMDRUDAEGUMIDEBD... 32
More from around the web