Philippines Asia's Strongest Performing Economy

There are 20 comments on the Manila Bulletin story from Nov 23, 2012, titled Philippines Asia's Strongest Performing Economy. In it, Manila Bulletin reports that:

THE value of Philippine merchandise exports grew by 22.8% to $4.8 billion in September, 2012, higher than the $3.9 billion shipped out in the same month in 2011, making the country the strongest performer among Southeast and East Asian nations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Manila Bulletin.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#5097 May 24, 2013
well..this was last year.. what happened now?

“del rosario money thirsty”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#5098 May 24, 2013
no one will listen to meaningless austronesian guy monkey cry......

every country will concentrate on their own business on how to improve their economy

they don't have time to play with the meaningless austronesian guy monkey cry.....

philippines business is its own business...don't try to pull the innocent one into the mud water..

austronesian guy, play your own feces manure alone, don't try to pull other down into playing with your feces manure...

..ha ha ha ha haha

“China, follow Internat'l Law!”

Since: Jun 12

United States of America

#5100 May 24, 2013
ZXjon wrote:
well..this was last year.. what happened now?
Another WU MAO born lol!

China got SUED and she ran away from the COURT.

The head of the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea (ITLOS) has appointed the remaining three members of the five-member United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) Arbitral Tribunal, including the president, that will hear the Statement of Claim filed by the Philippines against China on the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea).

China's 9 dash claim will be invalidated soon!

United States of America

#5101 May 24, 2013
ASIA AFRO MID EAST LATIN wrote:
<quoted text>Not According over 184 nations that no longer trust war mongering world biggest bully US militaristic Neo-imperialist interventionism evils --- Read Up on US manifest Destiny , PNAC agendas... so, any questions, afraid to research it...?
The issue here is CHINA not the US.

United States of America

#5102 May 24, 2013
Madamoiselle wrote:
now the philippines has gone banana because they're getting more wretched than China, there are no country that are filled with people worse than pinoy! again Philippines is the issue, because it is so low IQed and poorer than ever, they claim that all other country at its back but in fact no one really know or ever-heard of the philippines except the American because of its colonial history
Blah blah blah, No matter what u say,

the CASE HAS BEEN FILED. YOUR 9 dash claim will be INVALIDATED soon!

And thats what matters most!

China will be labeled as a ROUGE NATION very very soon like NORTH KOREA wahahaa!

United States of America

#5103 May 24, 2013
Madamoiselle wrote:
now the philippines has gone banana because they're getting more wretched than China, there are no country that are filled with people worse than pinoy! again Philippines is the issue, because it is so low IQed and poorer than ever, they claim that all other country at its back but in fact no one really know or ever-heard of the philippines except the American because of its colonial history
So how many COUNTRIES support the ROUGE NATION OF CHINA on its 9 DASH CLAIM other than NORTH KOREA its BEST FRIEND?????

ANSWER: No COUNTRY SUPPORTS its claim not even RUSSIA.

lol lol lol.

Because the WORLD is not STUPID. Only FOOLS would believe in its 9 dash claim hahahaha.

OUCH OUCH hahahaaha!

“del rosario money thirsty”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#5105 May 24, 2013
austronesian guy philippines national talent is to tell lie.....ha ha ha haha

they kill fisherman and said the fisherman small boat is trying to ram their big arm boat....

austronesian repeatedly posting lie spam...ha ha ha ha ha

the philippines, austronesian guy = a nation of repeatedly liar.....ha ha ha ha
Makam

Lane Cove, Australia

#5109 May 25, 2013
Aquino walks like a gangster just like the Nth Korean leader walks. I can't believe my eyes when I saw them walking to inspect their armies on tv. They don't lift their chest up just so casual poster like a gangster would pose. How shameful and disgraceful it is for him to project this sloppy image to the outside world.
AAA

Magherafelt, UK

#5110 May 25, 2013
Austronesian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you are a FAKE British and you are a WU MAO.
Wu Maos are INTERNET commentators who are paid by the CCP to make CHINA look good.
The whole world knows that WU MAO's are everywhere.
The FALKLAND islands issue are normally used by CHINESE WU MAOS. Very obvious.
But the truth is, UK owns FALKLAND ISLANDS not because of UNLCOS but because of EFFECTIVITIES (effective jurisdiction) an International Law.
WU MAO FAILED again wahahaah!
Nope, I am aware of Wu Mao but I am not one. I don't claim to like majority of the PRC people and I think many of PRC's food and medicine are dangerous to human consumption, but they are improving.

For selfish reason, I would like to see Vietnam and Philippine out of South China Sea, so that when I sail my boat through, I am not in danger of encountering a pirate, PCG or Vietnam Marine Police, they are all the same. I have a Singapore registered boat and I do like to fish a few tunas because I am hungry, not poaching. Can't expect me to carry the fish all the way from Malaysia or Singapore supermarkets right? Hopefully these barbarians will show some respect, because of Singapore where there are many OFW picnic at orchard road on Sunday.

Also Falklands is still under UK, primarily because we have superior military force and the people of Falklands are with us. If we don't, then the Argentinians will use all kinds of excuse to claim it, be it EEZ & UNLCOS or whatever.

For you case of South China Sea, it has been with the Chinese since Ming dynasty and the Nationalist government since WWII. I don't believe Philippine has a legal claim at all, just like you guys try to claim Sabah.

AAA

Magherafelt, UK

#5111 May 25, 2013
Austronesian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Vietnamese Back Philippines AGAINST CHINA.
http://thediplomat.com/asean-beat/2012/05/24/...
In a new twist this week to the stand-off between China and the Philippines
at Scarborough Shoal, 66 Vietnamese, many of them well-known public figures
in Vietnam and within the Vietnamese Diaspora, signed a letter to the
Philippine Ambassador in Vietnam to express support for the Philippines’
“sovereign rights” in the continuing stand-off. The main points of the
letter are:
1) Support for the “sovereign rights” of the Philippines in the Scarborough
Shoal.
2) Opposition to China’s use of the “nine-dashed line” to make overlapping
claims with the Exclusive Economic Zones and continental shelves of the
Philippines, Vietnam and other ASEAN countries, as well as opposition to
“China’s actions and threats of force,” the latter presumably referring to
articles in China’s state controlled press.
3) Support for the Philippines’ proposal to submit the dispute at
Scarborough Shoal to the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea
(ITLOS).
Of course Viet Cong will do that. Viet Cong or Philippine alone or combined will have no match for China militarily. Somehow I feel Viet Cong may still have some logic behind it's claim, but not a strong case. Philippine's case is just bizzare, no historical basis, just because some islands are nearer to Philippine mainland.
AAA

Magherafelt, UK

#5112 May 25, 2013
Austronesian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you are a FAKE British and you are a WU MAO.
Wu Maos are INTERNET commentators who are paid by the CCP to make CHINA look good.
The whole world knows that WU MAO's are everywhere.
The FALKLAND islands issue are normally used by CHINESE WU MAOS. Very obvious.
But the truth is, UK owns FALKLAND ISLANDS not because of UNLCOS but because of EFFECTIVITIES (effective jurisdiction) an International Law.
WU MAO FAILED again wahahaah!
Well, you don't have to spam the forum with repeated posting of your Wu Mao.

Actually, Philippine may get away with a positive judgement from UNLCOS, mainly because UN is run by lobby groups representing interest of different nations and regions, not necessary based on the merit of the case itself.

At the end of the day, the judgement has no legal binding. The disputing countries still have to sort it out themselves. US and South Americans all asked UK and Argentina to go for UN mediation, but we can refuse because we are strong enough and because it's just a waste of time and money.
Madamoiselle

Anonymous Proxy

#5113 May 25, 2013
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Viet Cong will do that. Viet Cong or Philippine alone or combined will have no match for China militarily. Somehow I feel Viet Cong may still have some logic behind it's claim, but not a strong case. Philippine's case is just bizzare, no historical basis, just because some islands are nearer to Philippine mainland.
the only reason pinoy control the island is because it was colonized by the Americans? China have greater claim for it than pinoy to SabaH...
lady rose

Ashburn, VA

#5114 May 25, 2013
+639301647265 yan number

United States of America

#5117 May 25, 2013
Madamoiselle wrote:
<quoted text>
the Philippines will also be tagged as rogue nation, with large number of americans killed, kidnapping, murders and homicide, drug trade, and intentional murder
Well CHINA is worst.

China CHALLENGES the integrity of UNCLOS

CHINA does not respect UNCLOS

CHINA does not respect INTERNATIONAL LAW

CHINA does not RESPECT the SOVEREIGNTY of other NATIONS

THEREFORE CHINA DOES NOT RESPECT the U.N.

CHINA is getting dangerous and dangerous like its BEST FRIEND NORTH KOREA.

CHINA is evolving into a ROUGE NATION.

United States of America

#5118 May 25, 2013
Madamoiselle wrote:
<quoted text>
they aren't gonna imrpove he's just crying that China took all their investment away and leaving them poor country... isn't it? now those manufacturing companies are travelling to Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia while avoiding the Philippines because of their uselessness and innefficiency, and yes playing with their own feces.
You can say whatever you want to say but

China’s refusal to JOIN the PHILIPPINES in the Permanent Court of Arbitration or to the United Nations International Court of Justice (ICJ) or to the United Nation’s International Tribunal on the Law of the Sea (ITLOS) by itself is a tacit admission that it cannot prove its so called historical claim before a proper neutral court.

China is scared of the COURT because her 9 dash claim is ILLEGAL.

United States of America

#5119 May 25, 2013
Makam wrote:
Aquino walks like a gangster just like the Nth Korean leader walks. I can't believe my eyes when I saw them walking to inspect their armies on tv. They don't lift their chest up just so casual poster like a gangster would pose. How shameful and disgraceful it is for him to project this sloppy image to the outside world.
The way AQUINO walks is very OFF TOPIC

How many COUNTRIES SUPPORT CHINA'S 9 dash claim which is ILLEGAL under INTERNATIONAL LAW?????

ANSWER: overwhelmingly NONE!!!!!!

NO COUNTRY BELIEVES CHINA'S BULLSH*T!!!!

So CHINA, stop YOUR ILLEGAL MOVES.

You are becoming a ROUGE NATION!

United States of America

#5120 May 25, 2013
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I am aware of Wu Mao but I am not one. I don't claim to like majority of the PRC people and I think many of PRC's food and medicine are dangerous to human consumption, but they are improving.
For selfish reason, I would like to see Vietnam and Philippine out of South China Sea, so that when I sail my boat through, I am not in danger of encountering a pirate, PCG or Vietnam Marine Police, they are all the same. I have a Singapore registered boat and I do like to fish a few tunas because I am hungry, not poaching. Can't expect me to carry the fish all the way from Malaysia or Singapore supermarkets right? Hopefully these barbarians will show some respect, because of Singapore where there are many OFW picnic at orchard road on Sunday.
Also Falklands is still under UK, primarily because we have superior military force and the people of Falklands are with us. If we don't, then the Argentinians will use all kinds of excuse to claim it, be it EEZ & UNLCOS or whatever.
For you case of South China Sea, it has been with the Chinese since Ming dynasty and the Nationalist government since WWII. I don't believe Philippine has a legal claim at all, just like you guys try to claim Sabah.
China’s refusal to JOIN the PHILIPPINES in the Permanent Court of Arbitration or to the United Nations International Court of Justice (ICJ) or to the United Nation’s International Tribunal on the Law of the Sea (ITLOS) by itself is a tacit admission that it cannot prove its so called historical claim before a proper neutral court.

"When you're seen to be a violator of international law, you don't win many votes from the world community,"
AAA

Magherafelt, UK

#5121 May 25, 2013
Austronesian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You can say whatever you want to say but
Don't think so...they just can't be bothered...what a waste of money and time. Do you have nay idea how much PR lobbying and legal cost are involved in all these?

United States of America

#5122 May 25, 2013
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>
If the PHILIPPINES has no STRONG BASIS, then why did they SUE CHINA?

And why did CHINA ran away from the COURT?

You dont have to think, just use your COMMON SENSE.

The Philippines is NOT SCARED to go to the COURT because their claim is VERY STRONG.

While China ran away from the court because her 9 dash claim is VERY WEAK under International law.

China on Friday rejected the Philippines' move for international arbitration by a UN body over islands in the South China Sea claimed by both the countries.

The Philippines had applied for arbitration by the international tribunal on the Law of the Sea, which has now set up a committee to hear the case.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/Chin...

---

Too bad for CHINA, the CASE will proceed without their presence.

CHINA'S 9 dash claim will be invalidated soon!

United States of America

#5123 May 25, 2013
Madamoiselle wrote:
<quoted text>
the only reason pinoy control the island is because it was colonized by the Americans? China have greater claim for it than pinoy to SabaH...
China rejects UN arbitration on West Phl Sea

China has rejected and returned yesterday the Notification and Statement of Claim of the Philippine government to initiate arbitral proceedings against its nine-dash-line claim in the West Philippine Sea, but the process will proceed despite Beijing’s latest action.

Sources said Chinese Ambassador Ma Keqing was at the Department of Foreign Affairs yesterday to meet with officials of the DFA-Asia Pacific Affairs desk and inform them that China was returning the note and accompanying notice on arbitration.

Ma reportedly told the DFA that the Chinese government would not accept international proceedings over the dispute.

----------

CHINA IS SCARED OF THE COURT BECAUSE SHE HAS NO LEGAL BASIS

AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Queen Mother opens new Tungi Colonnade building (Jun '12) May 1 Barbara Halston 3
News Germany's Merkel signals Japan could do more to... May 1 WOMDRUDAEGUMIDEBD... 352
News Those Problematic Cuban Dissidents May 1 WE JUST DONT CARE 4
Why do Nepalese hate Indians? (Aug '13) Apr 30 why 164
News Glavin: Reaping the whirlwind of Canada's unsee... Apr 30 Mel 1
get rid of political store walmart out of china... Apr 29 so good 1
News Historical issues key to improving China-Japan ... Apr 27 WOMDRUDAEGUMIDEBD... 32
More from around the web