Philippines Asia's Strongest Performi...

Philippines Asia's Strongest Performing Economy

There are 6095 comments on the Manila Bulletin story from Nov 23, 2012, titled Philippines Asia's Strongest Performing Economy. In it, Manila Bulletin reports that:

THE value of Philippine merchandise exports grew by 22.8% to $4.8 billion in September, 2012, higher than the $3.9 billion shipped out in the same month in 2011, making the country the strongest performer among Southeast and East Asian nations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Manila Bulletin.

a3aaa3a

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#4701 May 17, 2013
2 Cents wrote:
Maybe it's time to stop making fun of Filipinos. In a way, they should be admired for being so proud when there is so little to be proud about. Anyway, the important thing to remember is that there are so many pretty Filipina prostitutes. So they must be doing something right.
obviously they got plenty of infusions from cheap caucasion genes mixing with locals but that still won't help fix their attitudes and cultures, which are the reasons that prevent them from moving towards modernization.
reality

Canada

#4702 May 17, 2013
a3aaa3a wrote:
<quoted text>
obviously they got plenty of infusions from cheap caucasion genes mixing with locals but that still won't help fix their attitudes and cultures, which are the reasons that prevent them from moving towards modernization.
No, Caucasion genes fail to change Pinoy mindset and attitude.

They always think they are victims of everything and everyone. But yet their mentality is so convoluted that does not match their actual aggressive cruel behavior.

They are definitely the aggressor in Asia, but never the victim. Pinoys have told enough lies.

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/thailand/TML...
a3aaa3a

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#4704 May 17, 2013
reality wrote:
<quoted text>No, Caucasion genes fail to change Pinoy mindset and attitude.
They always think they are victims of everything and everyone. But yet their mentality is so convoluted that does not match their actual aggressive cruel behavior.
They are definitely the aggressor in Asia, but never the victim. Pinoys have told enough lies.
as far as my concern, pinoys are the problem.

attitude wise, culturaly, even your fanaticm into religion are causing your own miseries.

blaming non-pinoys are so old fashioned.
BaKuteH

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4705 May 17, 2013
2 Cents wrote:
Maybe it's time to stop making fun of Filipinos. In a way, they should be admired for being so proud when there is so little to be proud about. Anyway, the important thing to remember is that there are so many pretty Filipina prostitutes. So they must be doing something right.
Perhaps without them we wont be having trafficked cheap underaged hoes...
BaKuteH

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4706 May 17, 2013
a3aaa3a wrote:
<quoted text>
as far as my concern, pinoys are the problem.
attitude wise, culturaly, even your fanaticm into religion are causing your own miseries.
blaming non-pinoys are so old fashioned.
Attitude is the main thing they need to change,insteadof trying tolearn frommistake, they see someone who did worse or countries who cant speak english... Caucassian genes only makes them thing that theyre awesome if They are westernized but lameif theyre pinoy
xyz

Grays, UK

#4707 May 17, 2013
BaKuteH wrote:
<quoted text>
Attitude is the main thing they need to change,insteadof trying tolearn frommistake, they see someone who did worse or countries who cant speak english... Caucassian genes only makes them thing that theyre awesome if They are westernized but lameif theyre pinoy
Smart people learn from other people's mistakes. Smart people doesn't need to lean the hard way and they are always adapting.

Unfortunately for most pinoy they do not learn. Even if they have to pay the price they will still carry on doing their usual thing.

If you look at some of the sign on the highway you will see "NO CROSSING - PLEASE USE THE BRIDGE" and as usual the pinoys will play frogger under the bridge.

Since: Apr 09

San Pedro, Philippines

#4708 May 17, 2013
xyz wrote:
<quoted text>
Smart people learn from other people's mistakes. Smart people doesn't need to lean the hard way and they are always adapting.
Unfortunately for most pinoy they do not learn. Even if they have to pay the price they will still carry on doing their usual thing.
If you look at some of the sign on the highway you will see "NO CROSSING - PLEASE USE THE BRIDGE" and as usual the pinoys will play frogger under the bridge.
I live in Baguio now. Yesterday I went to SM grocery store a huge place, I forgot diet coke and asked the cashier where the coke is. Looking right at me she says "right there" LOL! I looked around leaned in and asked "where" she looks at me and says "there". Smiling I asked to the "right, left, up or down". Finally she smiles and points with her lips "right there". LOL!! I said "oh over dere" she smiles and says yes!
BEADY ASS KICKERS

Ascot Vale, Australia

#4709 May 17, 2013
No MalbarCACA CACAMOUTH IMPOSTOR, Holly TBA wifey, IDENTITY & Post THIEVES, PLAGIARIZERS, Black Dalit DALIT SteveDUMBASS SERVANTBOY ANARCHIST FUCKWITS, CACALIKI imbeciles, clowns, buffoons DIMPRICKS, Ades Bender sock puppet Derpy Hooves, jimdians Sindian, Topix log accessors & mimickers dumb git proxy abusers, GOOD AUSSIES DEEPAK AngloIndian - Celt SWITCHERS Deepaks ONE EYED I love Allah BANDITs, Schleimscheißers, syphilitic malbar, gobbledegook Muzzie monkey chharchhobi ladygirl chickyladyrentboys, STU PIDEASS Muzzie Monkey Gallahs post or oink oink oink or CASTRATO discussion will be tolerated.

FOOK OFF BACK TO YOUR CACAHOLE pit latrines and HINDUSTINK cesspools.

No MalbarCACA CACAMOUTH IMPOSTOR, Holly TBA wifey, IDENTITY & Post THIEVES, PLAGIARIZERS, Black Dalit DALIT SteveDUMBASS SERVANTBOY ANARCHIST FUCKWITS, CACALIKI imbeciles, clowns, buffoons DIMPRICKS, Ades Bender sock puppet Derpy Hooves, jimdians Sindian, Topix log accessors & mimickers dumb git proxy abusers, GOOD AUSSIES DEEPAK AngloIndian - Celt SWITCHERS Deepaks ONE EYED I love Allah BANDITs, Schleimscheißers, syphilitic malbar, gobbledegook Muzzie monkey chharchhobi ladygirl chickyladyrentboys, STU PIDEASS Muzzie Monkey Gallahs post or oink oink oink or CASTRATO discussion will be tolerated.

xyz

Grays, UK

#4710 May 17, 2013
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in Baguio now. Yesterday I went to SM grocery store a huge place, I forgot diet coke and asked the cashier where the coke is. Looking right at me she says "right there" LOL! I looked around leaned in and asked "where" she looks at me and says "there". Smiling I asked to the "right, left, up or down". Finally she smiles and points with her lips "right there". LOL!! I said "oh over dere" she smiles and says yes!
LOL

That's one of the pinoy things, they point with their lips. They even say hi to each other with their lips. haha
a3aaa3a

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#4711 May 17, 2013
xyz wrote:
<quoted text>
great. thats one way to learn from the hard way. getting hit by a speeding vehicle sure will teach them nice and proper. haha and if they don't get hit, theyll brag they just managed to perform heroic feat.
xyz

Grays, UK

#4712 May 17, 2013
a3aaa3a wrote:
<quoted text>
great. thats one way to learn from the hard way. getting hit by a speeding vehicle sure will teach them nice and proper. haha and if they don't get hit, theyll brag they just managed to perform heroic feat.
Its actually pretty sad to see even the old people does it. This old lady was asked why she did not use the bridge and she replied something like "its too far" when the bridge was basically a few meters away from where she crossed.

Many find it extremely difficult to obey. No urinating here, no crossing here, no entry, no littering... you still see a lot of them do it. They would rather do a hit and run than stop at the pedestrian crossing.

If the adults can break the rules its hard for the children not to break it too.
Bruce

Dongguan, China

#4713 May 17, 2013
Philippines Asia's Strongest Performing Economy???

are you kidding god? If HK.TW.don't hire your nannies. China does'not import your fruit.. Ph will starve

If I were the president of China, will force army to bomb this F...country up!

US ally? well DF-21D missile born for US....
idiots united

United States

#4714 May 18, 2013
You dont believe? I dont care!
BakUteH

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#4715 May 18, 2013
pinoy are poor
heressssssssssss sss kenny

Las Piñas, Philippines

#4716 May 18, 2013
xyz wrote:
<quoted text>
Its actually pretty sad to see even the old people does it. This old lady was asked why she did not use the bridge and she replied something like "its too far" when the bridge was basically a few meters away from where she crossed.
Many find it extremely difficult to obey. No urinating here, no crossing here, no entry, no littering... you still see a lot of them do it. They would rather do a hit and run than stop at the pedestrian crossing.
If the adults can break the rules its hard for the children not to break it too.
Fact is you have a better chance of being run over on a ped crossing than any other part of the road - drivers here do not know or care that they are meant to stop for someone tryin to cross on a ped crossing -those that try to cross on the ped crossing are liable to have a false sence of security and get sqeeched.
Ped crossings here are just a way to dispose of unwanted white or yellow paint.
amc

San Juan, Philippines

#4718 May 18, 2013
heresssssssssssssss kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact is you have a better chance of being run over on a ped crossing than any other part of the road - drivers here do not know or care that they are meant to stop for someone tryin to cross on a ped crossing -those that try to cross on the ped crossing are liable to have a false sence of security and get sqeeched.
bridge..... Bridge......BRIDGE!!!!!! CROSS OVER BRIDGE.

but youre right too... a certain ped crossing in Rockville ,Md. holds the distinction as the asian killer because so many have been killed walking against the lights and signs and Americans obey them. green light says drive, so they drive..... right over those fcukers.:)
xyz

Grays, UK

#4719 May 18, 2013
heresssssssssssssss kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
That just show how backward the country is. The drivers, the pedestrians and the govt are to blame here.

Why not keep sending out fines to those who violate the traffic rules. Im sure the amount of money generated a year is enough to build a few schools. Like what we have here, the number of traffic cameras are generating millions off of the motorist. Should be much tougher over there. Keep on penalising the one who refuse to learn, ban, throw them in jail or even confiscate the car should teach them a lesson.

Is drink driving even punishable there?

Since: Apr 09

San Pedro, Philippines

#4720 May 18, 2013
xyz wrote:
<quoted text>
That just show how backward the country is. The drivers, the pedestrians and the govt are to blame here.
Why not keep sending out fines to those who violate the traffic rules. Im sure the amount of money generated a year is enough to build a few schools. Like what we have here, the number of traffic cameras are generating millions off of the motorist. Should be much tougher over there. Keep on penalising the one who refuse to learn, ban, throw them in jail or even confiscate the car should teach them a lesson.
Is drink driving even punishable there?
LOL!!!! I swear this really happened. A few years ago on the news they showed a man in Manila approach a severely flooded street. Obviously dangerous but he proceeded anyway and his car began to get swept away. The news team was right there because of this street was so flooded.

They got him to the other side while is car went down stream and asked why he tried to cross, He blamed the Government because there was no sign saying it was flooded!!! LOL. Even the news team called him stupid.

“China, follow Internat'l Law!”

Since: Jun 12

United States of America

#4721 May 18, 2013
And I am back from my EUROPEAN tour..........

“China, follow Internat'l Law!”

Since: Jun 12

United States of America

#4722 May 18, 2013
The Philippine Peso is the 3rd best-performing currency globally.

http://www.philstar.com/business/2013/04/28/9...

The peso remains one of the world’s best performing currencies, debt watcher Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services (S&P) said Friday.

The local currency ranked third globally, appreciating 25 percent in real terms from March 2007 to March 2013, according to the S&P report.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tense China-Japan relations overshadow the case... 2 hr Yakult 318
India outpastes China becomes the fastest growi... 21 hr slumdog india 19
News Germany's Merkel signals Japan could do more to... 21 hr IRADRUDAEGUMIDEBD... 394
how would you destroy china? :d (Jul '12) Jun 30 Raj 1,690
News China's Great Wall 'is disappearing' Jun 29 PAUL SHYKORA arts 2
Poll China + Pakistan vs. India + Russia, who WINS? (May '13) Jun 29 Raj Chanani 881
India to outpace China to be No.1 economy by 20... (Mar '12) Jun 29 Human 131
More from around the web