Philippines Asia's Strongest Performing Economy

Nov 23, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Manila Bulletin

THE value of Philippine merchandise exports grew by 22.8% to $4.8 billion in September, 2012, higher than the $3.9 billion shipped out in the same month in 2011, making the country the strongest performer among Southeast and East Asian nations.

Comments
3,941 - 3,960 of 6,094 Comments Last updated Feb 20, 2014
lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Lani angle wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obviously yours douchebag, did i mention natural disasteror earthquake? I dont get it at all, all i have ever said is china's'army stronger and more advanced compared to Ph, you my man are obviously nutz
oh now, you came out to the closet about your urgent need of douche to sanitize your smelly mouth....douche nutz...lolllllllllllllllllllll llllllll
lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

amc wrote:
<quoted text>
get with your friend jen and the rest of your comrades here and provide a few links to all of these accusations and especially try to confirm the statements made about chinas stats huh? no one , but no one can speak intelligently on anything that goes on in china INCLUDING THE CHINESE PEOPLE.
or not. and then just go fcuk off yourselves. i knew you wouldnt miss a chance to jump on this band wagon.
hahahahahahahahahaha
Oh now, you're so bitter of anybody talking about China? Where's your professionalism? Gone by the wind?

Argue wisely and don't show you're a loser! lollllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

2 Cents wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether the ship got stuck or not is irrelevant. The point I was making is that the Filipinos are a bunch of ungrateful imbeciles for fining us 1.5 million dollars. I'm writing my congressman to express my outrage that while we face sequestration and defense cuts, the Filipinos have the audacity to fine us for protecting them. Cut them off.
Did you vote for your Congressman? Lollllllllllllll ungrateful and embeciles are too cruel words...when in fact, the US and Philippine government are not at war but at peace. There is the word "peaceful negotiation"...and both parties will definitely reach to a mutual respectable agreement...so keep your anger to yourself. Only embeciles and uneducated act irresponsible ....
idiots unitedf

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

2 Cents wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether the ship got stuck or not is irrelevant. The point I was making is that the Filipinos are a bunch of ungrateful imbeciles for fining us 1.5 million dollars. I'm writing my congressman to express my outrage that while we face sequestration and defense cuts, the Filipinos have the audacity to fine us for protecting them. Cut them off.
You're value doesdn't even make 2 cents you taxpayer sucking parasitic steak gobbling useless man. How dare you speak on behalf of americans with you dimwit self distorted view.
idiots unitedf

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

amc wrote:
<quoted text>
you little sawed off half pint ass kisser. you started this evil shite and now you want to change your mind?
hahahahaha
And you must be a 5 gallon jug that makes big pile of jug size shet your shet is enough to pllute a city like makati.
xyz

Grays, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

idiots united wrote:
<quoted text> Hey idiot ABC I still have 2 full plastic bags of tees I bought 20 years ago you just don't have any idea how much I know about financial accounting, money is not too problematic to me as it is to you I know how to live within or below my means. So how's the scam scheme you call business? LOL!
You are loaded and financialy smart but still owe $8,000 on your car purchase?

By the time you finish the repayment your car is worth nothing haha.
2 Cents

Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

idiots unitedf wrote:
<quoted text> You're value doesdn't even make 2 cents you taxpayer sucking parasitic steak gobbling useless man. How dare you speak on behalf of americans with you dimwit self distorted view.
The facts speak for themselves. The Filipinos are screwing us. Do you really think the 1.5 million dollars that they want will be used to repair the reef? Its punitive and not compensatory in nature and will be used by corrupt officials to support their whoremongering activities. The Filipinos are the true useless taxpayer sucking parasites. Worst of all, they're sucking our tax dollars and not their own.

By the way, just to be clear, there is nothing wrong with whoremongering - just do it with your own money and with someone good looking.
idiots united

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

2 Cents wrote:
<quoted text>
The facts speak for themselves. The Filipinos are screwing us. Do you really think the 1.5 million dollars that they want will be used to repair the reef? Its punitive and not compensatory in nature and will be used by corrupt officials to support their whoremongering activities. The Filipinos are the true useless taxpayer sucking parasites. Worst of all, they're sucking our tax dollars and not their own.
By the way, just to be clear, there is nothing wrong with whoremongering - just do it with your own money and with someone good looking.
I don't know all the facts and I listen and I read you loud and clear. Yes it could happen they are used to it and old habits never die.
idiots united

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

xyz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah the damn germans. You really know how to hurt a guy nice nice guy. LOL!
lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

2 Cents wrote:
<quoted text>
The Filipinos did not destroy the reefs.. so whoever destroy the reefs...they're responsible for screwing the reefs..

Remember and learn to be responsible. If you destroy something ...be honorable and take the responsibility. Parasites from your mouth have nothing to do ....

Since: Apr 09

San Pedro, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

lol wrote:
<quoted text>
The Filipinos did not destroy the reefs.. so whoever destroy the reefs...they're responsible for screwing the reefs..
Remember and learn to be responsible. If you destroy something ...be honorable and take the responsibility. Parasites from your mouth have nothing to do ....
Really? Flips have destroyed 90% of their reefs and still use dynamite and cyanide. Try taking responsibility for your own actions. Oh I forgot you have no honor to take responsibility for yourselves.

How dare you use Americans as an issue of your reef being destroyed.
John

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Flips have destroyed 90% of their reefs and still use dynamite and cyanide. Try taking responsibility for your own actions. Oh I forgot you have no honor to take responsibility for yourselves.
Filipinos and their govt try hard to send out misinformation everyday to portray them as a peaceful and decent democratic country in the world.

But this is their campaign to portray themselves positively and other countries negatively.

That is also how the govt fool the people that they are living in paradise and they should be supportive of the govt.

In the Philippines, 9/11 and Boston Marathon types of violence occur monthly if not weekly, e.g. assasination of political opponents and journalists, shooting between police and criminals, killing among gangs, tribal wars, robbing and killing of foreign tourists ...

Tragedies often happen to the poor people. Last week 4 people were buried alive when a hill of garbage collapsed and trapped them. They people tried to make a few bucks from the trash mountain and sadly lost their lives.

Pinoy nickle gangs, keep lying about your country. You will get the respect from the world!
idiots united

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

xyz wrote:
<quoted text>
And a Picasso/Rembrandt is worth a whopping 150 millions? LOL! But how could the economy run if I don't spend. How am I suppose to use other peoples money if I don't borrow for 1.5 % interest? The moment is yours if you could think it that way but the rest of time is mine. LoL!
Lani Angle

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
<quoted text>Filipinos and their govt try hard to send out misinformation everyday to portray them as a peaceful and decent democratic country in the world.
But this is their campaign to portray themselves positively and other countries negatively.
That is also how the govt fool the people that they are living in paradise and they should be supportive of the govt.
In the Philippines, 9/11 and Boston Marathon types of violence occur monthly if not weekly, e.g. assasination of political opponents and journalists, shooting between police and criminals, killing among gangs, tribal wars, robbing and killing of foreign tourists ...
Tragedies often happen to the poor people. Last week 4 people were buried alive when a hill of garbage collapsed and trapped them. They people tried to make a few bucks from the trash mountain and sadly lost their lives.
Pinoy nickle gangs, keep lying about your country. You will get the respect from the world!
which is absolutely true... their country is a horrible and ugly... they call it paradise?
lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
Something toxic messing up your brain...just to tell you nicely that the topic is about the Tubbataha reef destroyed by the US Naval Ship...

How dare you trying to act like pinochio..your nose is getting long , longer, longer , longer...

By the way, I'm American, and better admit, you're now a Filipino having lived there for decades...what a loser ....
lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
<quoted text>Filipinos and their govt try hard to send out misinformation everyday to portray them as a peaceful and decent democratic country in the world.
RIF is suffering from too much bitterness in life....always attacking the Filipinos. They don't care about you or anything you say. They are living their lives to the fullest ....
idiots united

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Something toxic messing up your brain...just to tell you nicely that the topic is about the Tubbataha reef destroyed by the US Naval Ship...
How dare you trying to act like pinochio..your nose is getting long , longer, longer , longer...
By the way, I'm American, and better admit, you're now a Filipino having lived there for decades...what a loser ....
Same here, Kent, Wash is America and Alongipo is PH. LOL!
Bakulaw

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

PH poverty incidence unchanged in past 6 yrs

10% of Filipino families rated ‘extremely poor’
Philippine Daily Inquirer
12:02 am | Wednesday, April 24th, 2013

Economic growth over the past six years hardly made a dent in poverty incidence in the Philippines, as the percentage of Filipinos living below the poverty line remained practically the same between 2006 and 2012, official statistics showed.

The poverty incidence stood at 27.9 percent in the first semester of 2012—“practically unchanged” from the same period in 2009 (28.6 percent) and in 2006 (28.8 percent), the National Statistical Coordination Board (NSCB) reported Tuesday.

Although the poverty incidence was practically unchanged in the past six years, the number of poor people was expected to be higher in 2012 because of the country’s growing population.

Balisacan said underemployment in rural areas, security problems in provinces facing insurgencies and warlords, and the falling price of a number of commodities such as sugar were mainly to blame.

NSCB Secretary General Jose Ramon Albert said at the briefing that during the first semester of 2012, a Filipino family of five needed P5,458 to meet basic food needs every month. Families earning that amount were considered to be living in “extreme poverty.”
amc

San Juan, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

lol wrote:
<quoted text>
identity crisis? or just crisis in general? NO American would claim you.
lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

amc wrote:
<quoted text>
identity crisis? or just crisis in general? NO American would claim you.
who's saying what? You're in Makati, while I'm in SF>>>>>>> >> Your in crisis mentally! lollllllllllllllll

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free Tibet! Taiwan Independence! Democracy Now! 1 hr McGold 5
China says wants to mend ties with Vietnam: Xinhua 4 hr bach dang 3
China, Vietnam say they'll negotiate sea disputes 5 hr McQuan 2
China ! Please Shut Down the Yulin Dog Meat Fes... 7 hr McGold 2
boycott all american tores in china 7 hr why so sad be happy 2
Should Outer Mongolia be Returned to China 20 hr China Forever 43
Palestinian president prepares new U.N. appeal Tue Actforpeace 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••