Philippines Asia's Strongest Performing Economy

Nov 23, 2012 Full story: Manila Bulletin 6,091

THE value of Philippine merchandise exports grew by 22.8% to $4.8 billion in September, 2012, higher than the $3.9 billion shipped out in the same month in 2011, making the country the strongest performer among Southeast and East Asian nations.

Full Story
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#4231 Apr 21, 2013
heresssssssssssssss kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
yes you could use matchsticks - if you could find them here of equal thinkness -im aiming for perfection -so i need exact spaceings .If you use plastic spacers at the base of each tile they can be left in place as they are only about 2mm thickness leaveing 5mm for grouting.
i used macaroni. honestly i did. worked fine. grout 99% and pluck them out and its a-ok. plastic, id leave it in also.
heressssssssssss sss kenny

Las Piņas, Philippines

#4232 Apr 21, 2013
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
i used macaroni. honestly i did. worked fine. grout 99% and pluck them out and its a-ok. plastic, id leave it in also.
One that really bugged me was that they sell hardiflex - but no hardiflex joints so you have to use filler in the joints -which WILL crack in this heat.

Las Piņas, Philippines

#4233 Apr 21, 2013
the plastic spacers are great and only about 40 pesos for 50 pcs.

Las Piņas, Philippines

#4234 Apr 21, 2013
At least the tradesmen with tools dont charge you $40-50 per hour lol.
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#4235 Apr 21, 2013
<quoted text>
One that really bugged me was that they sell hardiflex - but no hardiflex joints so you have to use filler in the joints -which WILL crack in this heat.
for my own self? i learned tile from an old italian guy years ago.

plan the tile and keep the sub floor low enough for the proposed tile job. makes sense or the doors wont open huh?

on tile day lay a bed of moist clean sand evenly where youll lay the tile. pack the sand hard. sprinkle a layer of raw portland evenly to get the initial contact. wet the tile and place it.

grout it with regular portland (colored ?) and let it set. clean it the next day with muratic acid solution and then wipe it down with clean water until its all clean. no traffic on it for a week.

use plywood to support your weight when you work on it. of course work away from it while you are laying it.

3 years and no cracks so far. fingers crossed.
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#4236 Apr 21, 2013
At least the tradesmen with tools dont charge you $40-50 per hour lol.
well, thats the cost of getting the job done right where i come from and you dont have to feed me. hahahahahaha
idiots united

Saint Paul, MN

#4237 Apr 21, 2013
xyz wrote:
Philippines is the major exporter of sanitary engineers around the world.
LMFAO
You are acting like a high school kid and a jealous bird you know the scavenger bird. Whatever give you the idea that you are a big shot londoner to be reckoned with? Some real british are good You're worse than idiot you're shiithead.
idiots united

Saint Paul, MN

#4238 Apr 21, 2013
xyz wrote:
Philippines is the major exporter of sanitary engineers around the world.
LMFAO
Well so why do you moan and cry a lot about it? Better than your scam scheme. It is a big surprise how you could make a living off the BS. INLMAO.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4239 Apr 21, 2013
idiots united wrote:
<quoted text> About 10 pounds but I was already packed and on the limit so 10 pounds makes my stomack stick out. I need to go bicycling in the park at least it's free except the gas.
Best of luck to ya....i gained a bit more, but had lifted weights for years, so now look like a badass, Buddha.......lol......
idiots united

Saint Paul, MN

#4240 Apr 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Best of luck to ya....i gained a bit more, but had lifted weights for years, so now look like a badass, Buddha.......lol......
On my wifes class reunion last january I was beibng teased on my 3 months pregnancy by her classmates whom became friendly to me. It seems like they raised the taxes on cigarettes again so I'm saving like 70 to 90 bucks a month for not smoking. Anyway maybe you got to take it easy on the steak barbecue and florida lobsters and eat more lettuce and tomatoes. No pain no gain and to gain is to lose. LOL!

Las Piņas, Philippines

#4242 Apr 21, 2013
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
for my own self? i learned tile from an old italian guy years ago.
plan the tile and keep the sub floor low enough for the proposed tile job. makes sense or the doors wont open huh?
on tile day lay a bed of moist clean sand evenly where youll lay the tile. pack the sand hard. sprinkle a layer of raw portland evenly to get the initial contact. wet the tile and place it.
grout it with regular portland (colored ?) and let it set. clean it the next day with muratic acid solution and then wipe it down with clean water until its all clean. no traffic on it for a week.
use plywood to support your weight when you work on it. of course work away from it while you are laying it.
3 years and no cracks so far. fingers crossed.
im too smart ( and untrusting of so called experts) im having my doors made to measure after tiles are laid Lol.;)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4243 Apr 21, 2013
idiots united wrote:
<quoted text> On my wifes class reunion last january I was beibng teased on my 3 months pregnancy by her classmates whom became friendly to me. It seems like they raised the taxes on cigarettes again so I'm saving like 70 to 90 bucks a month for not smoking. Anyway maybe you got to take it easy on the steak barbecue and florida lobsters and eat more lettuce and tomatoes. No pain no gain and to gain is to lose. LOL!
When i was quitting, the biggest thing i missed from the Philippines, were the kid's selling....JUST ONE.....cigarette at the intersections....lol.....
xyz

London, UK

#4245 Apr 21, 2013
idiots united wrote:
<quoted text> You are acting like a high school kid and a jealous bird you know the scavenger bird. Whatever give you the idea that you are a big shot londoner to be reckoned with? Some real british are good You're worse than idiot you're shiithead.
Well they export banana and peanuts dont they, and achay around the world, even in one of the poorest country you will see pinoy achay. Nothing wrong with achays but denying the truth is wrong.

Silly boy
xyz

London, UK

#4246 Apr 21, 2013
Pinoy tradesmen oh lol

Cant even lay brick properly, even my 7yo nephew can do a better job.
idiots united

Saint Paul, MN

#4247 Apr 21, 2013
xyz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well they export banana and peanuts dont they, and achay around the world, even in one of the poorest country you will see pinoy achay. Nothing wrong with achays but denying the truth is wrong.
Silly boy
There you are again idiot does it matter if someone is achays if their heart sings and in harmony with the good planet that was accorded to them and you with vile tounge exist with bitterness due to jealousy and much hate. You aqre a useless pschopath boy with scammer for a job and BS for value. Hahahahhh! don't hurt yourself too much idiot. You only have the sdidewalk for a pillow and you deserve it. LOL!
lol

San Francisco, CA

#4248 Apr 21, 2013
Lani Angle wrote:
<quoted text>
China have quiet descent tech and armpower compared to Ph, even you guys are trained by US soldiers doesn't mean ur the best or stronger than ever...
Yes, they're so quiet and armpower compared to PH....but it does not mean they are powerful to stop earthquakes, birds flu - latest news - 20 dead, thousands of pigs, dogs and cats dead...

But remember, people get the skills through learning and training and more power to the Americans who are training the Filipinos....
lol

San Francisco, CA

#4249 Apr 21, 2013
xyz wrote:
Pinoy tradesmen oh lol
Cant even lay brick properly, even my 7yo nephew can do a better job.
Don't overwork your 7 year old nephew...in the US it's child's abuse.
xyz

London, UK

#4250 Apr 21, 2013
idiots united wrote:
<quoted text> There you are again idiot does it matter if someone is achays if their heart sings and in harmony with the good planet that was accorded to them and you with vile tounge exist with bitterness due to jealousy and much hate. You aqre a useless pschopath boy with scammer for a job and BS for value. Hahahahhh! don't hurt yourself too much idiot. You only have the sdidewalk for a pillow and you deserve it. LOL!
No there is nothing wrong with achay, I just told you that and you even quoted it.

lol
xyz

London, UK

#4251 Apr 21, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't overwork your 7 year old nephew...in the US it's child's abuse.
Lola Im not in the US, you should know this by now.

The 7yo is fine, he love learning. Would even help to cook and bake that many adult refuse to do.
idiots united

Seattle, WA

#4252 Apr 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>When i was quitting, the biggest thing i missed from the Philippines, were the kid's selling....JUST ONE.....cigarette at the intersections....lol.....
Sometimes scarcity makes hunger more intense and more interesting. Did you buy a stick from a kid street vendor?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Indonesia declares itself a rising power and bi... 11 hr The return of Ott... 6
IQ And Race; Chinese Brains Are Bigger (Jan '12) 13 hr epep 85
ukraine admits to shooting malaysian plane down 16 hr Russian Ainu 2
US plans to subjugate Russia, China 16 hr who cares you do lol 9
Geologist Speculates on Disappearance of Sanxin... 20 hr Ken 1
Why does China hate girls? Wed epep 7
Chinaskyline pushing 3000ports direct routes,pi... Wed chinaskylinerebeca 1
More from around the web