Philippines Asia's Strongest Performing Economy

Nov 23, 2012 Full story: Manila Bulletin 6,091

THE value of Philippine merchandise exports grew by 22.8% to $4.8 billion in September, 2012, higher than the $3.9 billion shipped out in the same month in 2011, making the country the strongest performer among Southeast and East Asian nations.

Full Story
AC Live

Angeles City, Philippines

#2190 Feb 23, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
If the water in Manila is not fit for human consumption, why the issue of over population. Eveybody should have been dead.
At least the Ampatuans are now in jail...are they not? Gloria other cases were already decided and she was not found guilty.
I wonder why every hotel in Manila has a sign above the hand basin saying "Do Not Drink The Water" "Unfit For Human Consumption"?
Maybe they are just trying to sell their bottled water...
I heard other rumours that the shopping malls are going to put seats on the toilets and even provide tissue.
crystal

Burnaby, Canada

#2191 Feb 23, 2013
AC Live wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why every hotel in Manila has a sign above the hand basin saying "Do Not Drink The Water" "Unfit For Human Consumption"?
I heard other rumours that the shopping malls are going to put seats on the toilets and even provide tissue.
I heard that you're being paranoid of all your heard stories.
lol

San Francisco, CA

#2192 Feb 23, 2013
AC Live wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you're right they have to sell their bottled water that are placed in the REF where you are charged when you leave.

You mean to say there are no seats??? Well, rumours are sometimes not true, just rumours. I had been to malls in DAvao City and their malls' toilets are with seats and clean because there are maids assigned.
AC Live

#2193 Feb 23, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you're right they have to sell their bottled water that are placed in the REF where you are charged when you leave.
You mean to say there are no seats??? Well, rumours are sometimes not true, just rumours. I had been to malls in DAvao City and their malls' toilets are with seats and clean because there are maids assigned.
The hotels alway's have either complimentary bottles of water in the rooms or water stations outside the lifts on each level.
Even brand new SM Malls have no toilet seats and no tissue is provided anywhere because the Filipino's are so desperate they steal it to take home. It has been that way for the 12 years that I have lived here and I don't see any improvement.
Sadly only more beggars and more basura on the streets.

“China, follow Internat'l Law!”

Since: Jun 12

United States of America

#2194 Feb 23, 2013
AC Live wrote:
<quoted text>
The hotels alway's have either complimentary bottles of water in the rooms or water stations outside the lifts on each level.
Even brand new SM Malls have no toilet seats and no tissue is provided anywhere because the Filipino's are so desperate they steal it to take home. It has been that way for the 12 years that I have lived here and I don't see any improvement.
Philippine economy ‘to grow at faster pace

The Philippine economy as measured by gross domestic product (GDP) may grow at a faster pace in 2013, according to the February issue of The Market Call.

http://www.gulf-times.com/asean-philippines/1...

United States of America

#2195 Feb 23, 2013
AC Live wrote:
<quoted text>
Philippines: winning Japanese investment at the expense of China

http://blogs.ft.com/beyond-brics/2013/02/22/p...

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights. http://blogs.ft.com/beyond-brics/2013/02/22/p...

The First Philippine Industrial Park, some 50km south of Manila, is already a whopper, accounting for about 3 per cent of the country’s total exports. Which is why it is notable that Sumitomo Corporation, the Japanese trading house that owns 30 per cent of it, wants to make it even bigger.
By 2014, the 67 companies that currently call it home – including Honda, Canon, Nestle and Philip Morris – could be joined by 20 more, as Sumitomo spends about Y5bn to expand the 349-hectare site by almost a third.

United States of America

#2196 Feb 23, 2013
AC Live wrote:
<quoted text>
Philippines 'Sweet Spot' for Investment

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/394598/philippi...

The Philippines edged its Asian neighbors in providing an environment that attracts big foreign companies. Besides traditional investment sources such as United States of America, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan, potential investors from Europe, the Middle East, and Africa now look at the country as investment site.

United States of America

#2197 Feb 23, 2013
AC Live wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the Philippines improving? I heard a rumour that by 2050 the water in Manila will be fit for human consumption and you will only need to go to 1 service window to renew your licence at the LTO!!
Even a suggestion that by then the cases filed against Gloria or the Ampatuans will be finalised. Or maybe only a single security check at the airport:)
HSBC raises PHL GDP outlook, sees investment grade rating

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/296175/e...

Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited has raised the outlook for Philippine gross domestic product (GDP) in 2013, as it sees the country snagging an investment grade rating in the second half, the global financial services giant reported on Friday.

HSBC has joined the ranks of global financial firms DBS Bank Ltd. of Singapore and London-based Barclays in raising the country's growth forecast.

United States of America

#2198 Feb 23, 2013
AC Live wrote:
<quoted text>
Philippines beats growth target

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21271768

"The pace of Philippine growth has consistently surprised on the upside in the past year, as the economy displays resilience against global headwinds and is driven primarily by domestic engines," said Radhika Rao, an economist with Forecast Pte.

The country has been one of the best performing economies in the region and analysts said it was likely to see strong growth in the coming months.

Since: Apr 09

San Pedro, Philippines

#2199 Feb 23, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Not rumors lol there are no toilet seats and we all travel with our own toilet paper as there is none unless an attendant is there to sell it to you. Water is not fit for human consumption anywhere, we all get filtered water from the water stations. I have five big containers that I get filled once a week for the house.

Not rumors lol we live here this is how we live.

United States of America

#2201 Feb 23, 2013
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
Not rumors lol there are no toilet seats and we all travel with our own toilet paper as there is none unless an attendant is there to sell it to you. Water is not fit for human consumption anywhere, we all get filtered water from the water stations. I have five big containers that I get filled once a week for the house.
like in the dirty villages of CHINA?

lmao zedong!

United States of America

#2202 Feb 23, 2013
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
I should have said, China's dirty poor villages are even worst lol.

China is world's largest producer of BEGGARS.

China has a BILLION of them lol!
AC Live

#2203 Feb 23, 2013
Austronesian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Philippines beats growth target
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21271768
"The pace of Philippine growth has consistently surprised on the upside in the past year, as the economy displays resilience against global headwinds and is driven primarily by domestic engines," said Radhika Rao, an economist with Forecast Pte.
The country has been one of the best performing economies in the region and analysts said it was likely to see strong growth in the coming months.
Maybe the Germans will want to invest in building a new airport there!!!
So tell me when do you predict that public restrooms may get toilet seats or that the people can afford to buy tissue to wipe their ass instead of steal it?
How many more years before I can walk out of Jolibee with my takeout and not get accosted by children begging for the food?
I don't see any improvement in the life of average Filipinos especially in the provinces.

United States of America

#2204 Feb 23, 2013
AC Live wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the Germans will want to invest in building a new airport there!!!
So tell me when do you predict that public restrooms may get toilet seats or that the people can afford to buy tissue to wipe their ass instead of steal it?
How many more years before I can walk out of Jolibee with my takeout and not get accosted by children begging for the food?
I don't see any improvement in the life of average Filipinos especially in the provinces.
lol you can say whatever u want to say......but

the Philippines is on its way....

The Philippines is ASIA'S Strongest Economy and Asia's NEWEST ECONOMIC Tiger.

The table is slowly turning around.....

The Philippines ECONOMY is getting better and better each day..

The whole world, the economists, the world bank, the IMF, goldman sachs etc. can FEEL the Philippines' RISE!!!!!!

The Philippines' FUTURE is so BRIGHT and that's what matters....
AC Live

#2205 Feb 23, 2013
Austronesian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole world, the economists, the world bank, the IMF, goldman sachs etc. can FEEL the Philippines' RISE!!!!!!
Yes I can see it now. People in the province are going to stop riding on the top of the jeep and wear their bike helmets and turn their headlights on at night.
I have a house and farm down the southern end of Negros Occidental. I don't see any change at all. On any day I can walk to the farm and see the NPA sitting along the edge of the road. I have no trouble finding them but the army and the police never seem to be able to...

United States of America

#2206 Feb 23, 2013
AC Live wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I can see it now. People in the province are going to stop riding on the top of the jeep and wear their bike helmets and turn their headlights on at night.
I have a house and farm down the southern end of Negros Occidental. I don't see any change at all. On any day I can walk to the farm and see the NPA sitting along the edge of the road. I have no trouble finding them but the army and the police never seem to be able to...
U complain to much, other countries are EVEN worst.

Also, most WESTERN countries are suffering big time

Be happy that your COUNTRY'S future is so bright

you may not feel it now, but you will....in the future

and that's if u are FILIPINO.... but looks like you are a WU MAO based on your location and STYLE lol

Since: Apr 09

San Pedro, Philippines

#2207 Feb 24, 2013
Austronesian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
On it's way. 30 years Ive been hearing that. BTW and once again if things are so good why can't the Philippines afford to get a military. Nobody answers that. If things are so good why do they need all this humanitarian and economic and military AID.

Why when any catastrophe happens foreigners have to come in and help. I hear what you say but what they do is pure third world. go ahead and over inflate your stock market and when it crashes and the peso dumps Ill reap the rewards.
ANobaun

Naga City, Philippines

#2208 Feb 24, 2013
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
On it's way. 30 years Ive been hearing that.
Dafuq? What do you mean you've been hearing it for 30 years when it's only been 2 years since our country gained a significant growth economy wise?

Man, stop listening to the voices in your head and don't be mad if in the near future no filipina will ever marry you for the price of washing machine. LOL! GTFO hater and go suck some ladyboy d@cks in Taeland!
lol

San Francisco, CA

#2209 Feb 24, 2013
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you not filter your own faucet instead of going to the water stations. Or have it delivered by the gallons by San Miguel company?
In Davao, people drink the water directly from the faucet.

I know toilet paper is expensive over there and you should have one if you're traveling.

Regarding seat cover ...I wonder if it's lacking in popular malls in the Philippines, perhaps more in towns or provinces.
lol

San Francisco, CA

#2210 Feb 24, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you didn't disappoint. You cannot call yourself a Christian any longer.
Who says so, you who want to abort? You are a disappointment to your own self. What a pity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are Chinese people so weak? 7 min Paul 5
Asian people are worthless 24 min Celestial emperor 3
High-speed rail link expands beyond borders 2 hr Fake greeks n Par... 4
The oil rig has to be removed and free passage ... (May '14) 2 hr McQuan 42
Hong Kong port losing market share in south China 3 hr McQuan 9
Kit Chan taking part in China reality singing c... 6 hr McQuan 2
A Man of Character - First Asian American chanc... 6 hr McQuan 4
More from around the web