of 31
Next Last
Mirolyuba

Burnaby, Canada

#1 Sep 19, 2008
Testimony of Xie Jingrong, older sister of Xie Jingsuo
January 31, 1999

----------

Xie Jingsuo, male, born on February 19, 1968, was killed at age 21, on Chang'an Boulevard, near Liubukou, in Beijing, on the morning of June 4, 1989. At the time, he was a student at the Light Industry Engineering College in Beijing. His ashes rest in Futian Public Cemetery in Beijing.

Testimony of Xie Jingrong, older sister of Xie Jingsuo:

In the afternoon of June 3, Jingsuo went to fetch his fourth sister home. When it got late and he had not come back, anxiety grew among his family and friends, since at the time the atmosphere in Beijing was so tense. The following morning, on June 4, Jingsuo had still not returned. We started to look for him on the streets and in the hospitals. We went to People's Hospital, Water Conservancy Hospital, Railway Hospital and Fuxing Hospital; we searched along Muxudi, Gongzhufen and other streets and places. We didn't find him.

On the morning of June 7, his school informed us that we should come to claim his body at the Emergency Center. There, we were told that Jingsuo had died on June 4. The death certificate indicated that death had resulted from serious heart failure. According to a driver in the Emergency Center, however, Jingsuo was killed by gunfire in the evening of June 3 and some people brought him to the Center. We still do not know exactly when and where the tragedy happened. Six wounds were visible on Jingsuo's body, in the chest and on the back. They are clearly visible on the photos. We couldn't tell whether they were wounds caused by bullets or marks left by batons. He had clearly been shot in the genitals. We never told our parents about the circumstances of his terrible death. We don't have the heart to add to their pain.

On the morning of June 11, some faculty members of the college, his schoolmates and relatives assembled at Babaoshan to say farewell to Jingsuo. His ashes were kept there for three years, and then transferred to Futian Public Cemetery in Beijing. Since Jingsuo's death, the whole family has suffered immensely. Our hearts are grieving deeply. My parents lost their only son; as a sister I lost my dear younger brother; the family lost its only college student. The shock was too heavy to bear for my mother, who for half a year didn't go out of our home, afraid that familiar scenes from the past would cause her even more grief. Because of my mother's breakdown, we had to put a lot of energy into getting her medical treatment, comforting her and staying around her. Because he was under so much pressure, my father rapidly lost about 40 pounds and contracted several illnesses. In short, June Fourth has brought sufferings to us-our family, our relatives and close friends-and these sufferings are beyond words. Our hearts are forever filled with memories and suffering.

Xie Jingrong
February 4, 1999
Mirolyuba

Burnaby, Canada

#2 Sep 19, 2008
Testimony of Yang Darong, father of Yang Hanlei
January 31, 1999

Yang Hanlei, male, born March 24, 1970, killed at age 19; before his death, Yang was a cook at the Beijing Liufang Guest House; before dawn on June 4, he was killed in the vicinity of the Beijing Hotel, at west Nanchizi. He was shot on the left side of his body in the lower stomach and spleen area.

----------

Testimony of Yang Darong, father of Yang Hanlei:

On the afternoon of June 3, Hanlei said he had to renew his monthly bus pass. Our family repeatedly urged him to hurry up and return quickly, because it was complete chaos outside. Once he left, he never returned. We waited until evening, but he didn't return. We waited until the next day, and still he didn't return. We waited until the day after that, and still he didn't come home. His mother and I searched everywhere, called everywhere, looked up every relative, friend and classmate of Hanlei, but every one said they hadn't seen him.

Then, on the seventh day, June 9, Hanlei's colleague came to our house and asked if "Little Lei" had returned. We asked him, "Have you seen Hanlei?" He said that on June 3, after Yang Hanlei bought his monthly pass he went to his colleague's house and ate dinner there. After dinner, the two of them went out (Hanlei's colleague lived in the area of Chaonei Nanxiaojie and Lumicang). It was already about 8:00 p.m. by then, there were no buses and there were a lot of people on the street. Everyone was walking in the direction of Dongdan, and they went along with the crowd to Dongsi and headed south. Without knowing it, they walked in front of the Beijing Hotel, where they were unable to turn back and unable to move. They were stuck this way for roughly four hours. Suddenly, the crowd became restless, and gunfire could be heard everywhere. Everyone made a mad dash toward the Beijing Hotel, and the two of them were split up.

We listened to Hanlei's colleague's narrative, and again went to all the associations and hospitals in search of Hanlei. Sure enough, we found him, but his clothes and complexion didn't look right. The hospital doctor said, "Don't you see that his clothes have been soaked with blood?" The gunshot wound was on his left side, in the area of his lower stomach and spleen. According to what the doctor said, if Hanlei had been promptly rescued, he wouldn't have died, but he had been lying on the street from 1:00 a.m. or 2:00 a.m. until the next day, and had already been dead for a long time when he was finally taken to the hospital by people passing by.

After Hanlei died, his mother cried several times a day. I keep thinking that he hasn't died, but had just taken a long trip. Whenever I see someone his age on the street I always think that Hanlei has returned. Now, Hanlei's mother and I are already retired, and every month the two of us make 800 yuan retirement pay and do our best to get through the days.

Yang Darong
Mirolyuba

Burnaby, Canada

#3 Sep 19, 2008
Testimony of Liu Tianai, widow of Xiao Bo
January 31, 1999
----------
Xiao Bo, male, born in June 1962, was a native of Longshan County, Hunan Province. He was accepted to Beijing University in 1978 and received a master's degree in 1985. He stayed on there to teach in the chemistry department. He was killed in the late hours of June 3, at Muxudi. A bullet hit him in the left side of his chest and ripped through his aorta. His body was identified on June 5, at Fuxing Hospital. He was only 27 years old. His ashes are kept in Longshan, at his family's home.
As June Fourth victims' families, we have had to endure our suffering in silence for a long time....I only want to ask, "When can we get justice?"
Testimony of Liu Tianai, widow of Xiao Bo:
At the time of Xiao's death, I was in my hometown in Hunan, recuperating after the birth of twins. I received news that he and an old classmate of his had arranged to meet at Muxudi on the night of June 3. Xiao had heard that the situation there was very tense. As the advisor to all chemistry students in the class of 1989, he was concerned that some of his students might be in danger. According to the friend who accompanied him, shortly after they got to Muxudi, the street lights went out. The crowd became restless, and there was a burst of gunfire. The two got separated, and Xiao's friend ended up spending the night hiding under Muxudi bridge. When he went back to Beijing University, he discovered that Xiao Bo had not returned. He quickly gathered a group of students to search for him. They searched until June 5, when they found his body at Fuxing Hospital.
Mirolyuba

Burnaby, Canada

#4 Sep 19, 2008
...Xiao died of a gunshot wound to the chest. The bullet severed his aorta, causing him to lose a lot of blood. Fuxing Hospital had not made preparations to provide emergency care for gunshot victims, so there wasn't enough blood for transfusions. The hospital had only prepared large quantities of eyedrops and gauze, thinking that, at worst, the troops would use tear gas to disperse the crowds. A significant number of victims died in the same way that Xiao did, because there was not enough blood. A nurse at the hospital said that before he was shot, he had helped bring another victim to that very hospital for emergency treatment. The nurse said that she was very impressed by Xiao Bo, and never thought that he would be shot himself and be brought back to the hospital on a stretcher. Before he died, he kept his hand firmly pressed against his chest wound, trying to stop the bleeding. He also told the people around him that he had a pair of new-born twins, and asked people to tell Beijing University to look after them...
On June 16, in deep grief, I managed to hurry from my hometown in Hunan to Beijing. I was accompanied by Xiao's father, uncle and my younger brother. Two days later, we said our final farewells to him at Babaoshan. After the cremation, his ashes were placed at Laoshan Memorial Hall. Then in 1992, they were brought to his family's home in Hunan.
Xiao Bo's death struck me like a thunderbolt from nowhere. I had given birth to twins just 70 days earlier. In my state of sorrow and shock, I stopped lactating and soon after found out that my older child had developed a mild brain disorder. I searched everywhere for effective treatment, to little avail and great expense. I've suffered much hardship due to Xiao's death in the so-called "turmoil." The relevant offices at Beijing University ignored my requests to use one of their empty campus apartments while I sought medical care for my child. They also warned me not to take my children for walks in the campus grounds. If anyone asked, I was not to say that Xiao Bo was the father of my children. They also rejected my requests to receive the proper subsidies for my child's medical costs. Although I graduated from the Central Minorities University Department of Dance in 1987, I still have not been allowed to complete my application for cadre status because no one would verify that Xiao was "wrongfully killed." The whole situation causes me great sorrow.
It has been ten years since his death, and we still have not received an "explanation." As June Fourth victims' families, we have had to endure our suffering in silence for a long time. We never speak a single word about these painful matters, particularly not in front of our elders and children. I only want to ask, "When can we get justice?"
Liu Tianai
January 19, 1999
Mirolyuba

Burnaby, Canada

#5 Sep 19, 2008
Testimony of Wu Dingfu and Song Xiuling, parents of Wu Guofeng
January 31, 1999

Wu Guofeng, male, born on July 3, 1968. Wu was not yet 21 when killed. Before his death, he was a student in the class of 1986 at the Department of Industrial Management, China People's University in Beijing. He was killed in the early morning of June 4, 1989; the location of his death is unknown. His body was found in the Posts Hospital in Beijing. His ashes are currently kept at home in Sichuan.

The official told me that my son had been killed in Beijing. The details were unknown....The news was like thunder on a sunny day to me.

Testimony of Wu Dingfu and Song Xiuling, parents of Wu Guofeng:

We were far away in Xinjin County, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, on June 8, 1989. At 10:00 a.m., the local town government sent for me. After I arrived at the town government building, the official told me that my son had been killed in Beijing. The details were unknown. The official told me we should go to Beijing to make arrangements for his corpse. He said that Deputy Secretary Bai would accompany us. The news was like thunder on a sunny day to me. I didn't know what to do. I stumbled home with the support of some government staff. When I got there, I could do nothing but cry. Guofeng's mother asked why I was crying, and after repeated inquiries, I had to tell her the truth. She uttered a howl and immediately passed out, falling to the ground from her stool. She didn't come to until dusk. Then she refused to eat or drink.

On June 9, we boarded the train in Chengdu to Beijing. For two days and a night, Guofeng's mother didn't eat anything. She had only very little water. After we arrived in Beijing, a female deputy secretary of the Department of Industrial Management at People's University whose last name was Zhang met us at the train station and took us to the guest house at the university. She told us to take a rest and to talk about the matter the next day.

The next day, the department director and Deputy Secretary Zhang informed us about what had been going on around June 4, both in relation to the school and to Guofeng. We were asked what we needed. We asked to take Guofeng's body back to Sichuan, but the answer was no. The central government had ordered that all bodies should be cremated locally. We said Guofeng had a grandfather and grandmother, if we were not allowed to take the body home, at least let us bring back a few pictures, so we could explain to the older people. They responded positively, but asked us to keep it a secret. On June 13, we held a memorial service for Guofeng at the Posts Hospital in Xidan. All of Guofeng's classmates who were still in Beijing attended. Students from the other departments were persuaded not to attend. After the service, we took Guofeng's body to Babaoshan Cemetery for cremation. We took the ashes back on the same afternoon.
Mirolyuba

Burnaby, Canada

#6 Sep 19, 2008
How tragically Guofeng died. He was shot from the back of his head, and his shoulder, ribs and arms all had gunshot wounds. There was a bayonet wound about 7 to 8 centimeters below his bellybutton. It was obvious that he didn't die immediately after being hit by several bullets, then he was stabbed to death. Both his palms had deep cuts from bayonets. He must have tried to take away the bayonet and was cut. When we saw his body, the upper body was covered with blood. It was too horrible to see.

Guofeng got into the China People's University in July 1986 with an average score of 90 for each subject. He was one month short of 21 when he was killed. He used to be the hope of our whole family, and so his death was a disaster for us all: His grandparents became half crazy from missing their grandson. They are chronically sick, and cannot live by themselves. His father found this blow unbearable, he lost the sense in his limbs, and could not walk. After losing the ability to work, he only had 100 yuan per month sick pay to live on. His mother passed out and fell on the floor when she first learned about his death. Her head was severely injured. She has headaches as a result. Every time she thinks about her son, her head aches. Every time she sees Guofeng's classmates, she cries. Her eyesight has seriously deteriorated. She has also lost her ability to work.

Wu Dingfu, Song Xiuling
January 24, 1999
MBC

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#7 Sep 19, 2008
Tian AnMen student incident has come and go.
Whether it is Deng Xiaoping or premier Zhao Ziyang, they are all died.
If the students had not been so stupid and dispersed after making their point, the incident would not have place.
In Malaysia, if the same time happen, I assured you, they will all be arrested and charged under the draconian internal security act for 2 years.

You have post the same story all over the with obvious motive.
But the problem here is
1. we are not interested with these stories
2. nobody can verify these story
To many of us here these are merely propaganda like many!

Why not post some story about the Massacre at Nanking, etc.
Why not post some story Aghanistan!
How about Iraq?
How about Kashmir, etc.
We are not interested either!
Mirolyuba

Burnaby, Canada

#8 Sep 22, 2008
Yes, lets just all pretend that it never happened.

That would be coinvenient for the guilty criminals who killed so many.

And the main task of the Chinese people and nation is, of course, to protect the criminals. And people overseas should assist in protecting the criminals because......the criminals say so?

Y'see, there's the problem; Everyone else lives in the real world, not a gangster state like China under the criminal regime. They would expect an inquiry and complete investigation--not a massive cover-up and denial campaign.

As long as China is governed by the CCP criminals, it will be treated with distain, suspicion, and disgust---and rightfully so.

Since: Sep 08

Guangzhou, China

#9 Sep 22, 2008
As long as we're discussing "history" I have an idea.

Let's talk about the treatment of African Americans. You know hangings, murder, burned alive kinda stuff.

Surely your also interested in your own "brutal" history.

Or, did that never happened.

I have an idea. Do a search on My Lai and report back to me. Tell me what you think of bayoneting pregnant women.
Mirolyuba wrote:
And the main task of the Chinese people and nation is, of course, to protect the criminals. And people overseas should assist in protecting the criminals because......the criminals say so?
Y'see, there's the problem; Everyone else lives in the real world, not a gangster state like China under the criminal regime. They would expect an inquiry and complete investigation--not a massive cover-up and denial campaign.
As long as China is governed by the CCP criminals, it will be treated with distain, suspicion, and disgust---and rightfully so.
Avenger

Moreno Valley, CA

#10 Sep 22, 2008
dingocn wrote:
As long as we're discussing "history" I have an idea.
Let's talk about the treatment of African Americans. You know hangings, murder, burned alive kinda stuff.
Surely your also interested in your own "brutal" history.
Or, did that never happened.
I have an idea. Do a search on My Lai and report back to me. Tell me what you think of bayoneting pregnant women.
<quoted text>
Slavery and lynchings were stopped by other Americans who thought it was immoral.

Not all Americans are moral and it did take other Americans to end the injustices suffered by America's minorities.

I can't say the same for most Chinese. Where are the moral Chinese who stop the torture of China's ethnic minorities?

Guangzhou, China

#11 Sep 22, 2008
What utter cr@p.

The incidents you refer to in the eighties have been stopped just as the the slavery has been stopped.

It is history. What I say is bring up your own history rather than trying to use history to bash China.

Your own ethnic groups still suffer dismally in America. Why are their schools second rate and so many incarcerated?

You guys have done a sh&tfull job and are the last ones to preaching to others.

Your history. What a effing joke.
Murdering innocent civilians with carpet bombing and bayoneting pregnant women and no consequence.
Ohhh we're sorry now. Americans that preach the moral high ground really p&ss me off because your record is a disgrace. It's people like you that live in fairy land that are the reason why many in the third world dislike Americans. Calling is collateral damage won't help your cause either.

Thankfully we're not talking about all Americans
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Slavery and lynchings were stopped by other Americans who thought it was immoral.
Not all Americans are moral and it did take other Americans to end the injustices suffered by America's minorities.
I can't say the same for most Chinese. Where are the moral Chinese who stop the torture of China's ethnic minorities?
old china

Chengdu, China

#12 Sep 22, 2008
Mirolyuba wrote:
It didn't take me long to find this... February 2005

Aboriginal leaders in Manitoba want answers after police shot and killed a young native man this week, the second such death within a month.
Matthew Dumas, 18, was fatally injured Monday when police fired two shots during what they called "a scuffle" with officers in Winnipeg. At least one shot hit Dumas, who later died in hospital.

Police say Dumas was a robbery suspect armed with an unspecified weapon.

The dead man's stepfather, Leslie Dumas, wants to know why police were chasing him with their weapons drawn, as witnesses have alleged.

"They chase somebody down, you know, what are they going to do? Shoot first, ask questions later, you know," he said. "They must be trained to do something better than 'Bang! Ask 'em later.'"

Dumas was the second aboriginal Manitoban to die in a police shooting within a month. An RCMP officer shot and killed Dennis St. Paul in Norway House in early January after trying to arrest him for parole violations.
old china

Chengdu, China

#13 Sep 22, 2008
Oh look, here's another one. Damn but Canadian police are dangerous. Do you all shuffle around Canada looking at your feet?

CNN August 2008....

Montreal police shooting sparks riot

Story Highlights
Police shoot, kill man after being surrounded in park on Saturday night
Two Cents

San Jose, CA

#14 Sep 23, 2008
I have read at least one post when Miroyuba tried to blame CCP for killing in Canada. He must think that the Canadian Mounted Police was taking orders from CCP when they kill Canadian civilians on Canadian soil.

An obvious explanation for Miroyuba's odd comments is that he must be drunk from drinking too much maple syrup.
old china

Chengdu, China

#15 Sep 23, 2008
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the laugh.

Did you know that the CIA estimates that 50,000 people are victims of slavery in the America?
Avenger

Moreno Valley, CA

#16 Sep 23, 2008
old china wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the laugh.
Did you know that the CIA estimates that 50,000 people are victims of slavery in the America?
Are you laughing at yourself or at your own ignorance?

If you're going to cite something, you have to provide a link or proof of your assertion. In the West it is called credibility.

It's funny all the Red Guards on here are always talking about CIA as if it is some nefarious organization beyond the control of the civilian leadership.

You guys have a lot to learn about a working democracy.

Since: Mar 08

Pompano Beach, FL

#17 Sep 23, 2008
Why Chinese love and trust PLA

Guangzhou, China

#18 Sep 23, 2008
You seem to make plenty of sweeping statements here without links or proof.
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you laughing at yourself or at your own ignorance?
If you're going to cite something, you have to provide a link or proof of your assertion. In the West it is called credibility.
It's funny all the Red Guards on here are always talking about CIA as if it is some nefarious organization beyond the control of the civilian leadership.
You guys have a lot to learn about a working democracy.
Avenger

Moreno Valley, CA

#19 Sep 23, 2008
Zsari wrote:
Why Chinese love and trust PLA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Z8FkXWZelf0XX
They love them so much they ran away from PLA tanks. PLA is the best armed force to go against unarmed civilians. They have been doing it since 1949! Practice makes perfect.

Anywhere there are unarmed civilians, the PLA will run them down with their tanks!! LOL
Sandy

Klang, Malaysia

#20 Sep 23, 2008
Mirolyuba wrote:
Testimony of Xie Jingrong, older sister of Xie Jingsuo
January 31, 1999
----------
bla...bla...bla...
your post too long, make people no interest to read, pls don't post too long story

thanks ^^

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 31
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Queen Mother opens new Tungi Colonnade building (Jun '12) May 1 Barbara Halston 3
News Germany's Merkel signals Japan could do more to... May 1 WOMDRUDAEGUMIDEBD... 352
News Those Problematic Cuban Dissidents May 1 WE JUST DONT CARE 4
Why do Nepalese hate Indians? (Aug '13) Apr 30 why 164
News Glavin: Reaping the whirlwind of Canada's unsee... Apr 30 Mel 1
get rid of political store walmart out of china... Apr 29 so good 1
News Historical issues key to improving China-Japan ... Apr 27 WOMDRUDAEGUMIDEBD... 32
More from around the web