When China Rules The World
old china

Chengdu, China

#3034 Feb 13, 2013
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
AS I've said before:
You're clearly too dumb to know what a message board is. If you just want to spam crap without talking to anyone then use a blog. That way you can tell exactly how unpopular you are by the fact nobody visits your website.
Miro isn't dumb, just fanatical to the point of insanity. Be careful that you don't end up the same.
old china

Chengdu, China

#3035 Feb 13, 2013
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume you're pretty old so I'll use older artists:
I'll see your Teresta Teng and raise you a Janis Joplin. She could give an off key gravelly texture to her voice like Johnny Cash but was also so technically excellent that she could self harmonise.
I.e If you plugged her voice into a oscilloscope she could sing two harmonic notes at the same time.
I don't think Luciano Pavarotti could do that and apparently he was quite the singer.
Pass on Janis Joplin but Eva Cassidy came close to Teressa Teng. Like I said, it's all subjective. But the prospect of a female Johnny Cash .... what could one add to that fantasy!

But this is what has been said about Teresa Teng, something of a glowing tribute: "It was the sweetness in her voice that brought perfection to folk songs and ballards, she added traditional folk song stylings into Western-style compositions. She could display just the right demeanor for any performance, having great microphone technique, coupled with her breathing was well-control, her pronunciation was very clear, her voice was complimented as being "like weeping and like pleading, but with strength, capable of drawing in and hynotizing listeners, which is something few others can accomplish. "
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#3036 Feb 13, 2013
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 'middle class'?
How much do you need to earn to qualify as 'middle class' in China?
US$ 10,000. Remember the lower cost of living in China?
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Richmond, Canada

#3037 Feb 14, 2013
dreadman82 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha, actually I normally do not get my data from any media source because being quilified I normally find their interpratations of global economic trends laughable but also sometimes alarmist for nothing ie yahoo news
yes you get your info from 10 years ago...
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Richmond, Canada

#3038 Feb 14, 2013
certainly dont get your data from these guys

Martin Jacques (born October 1945) is a British former magazine editor and academic. He was born and raised in Coventry. He was an undergraduate student at Manchester University, where he graduated with a first-class honours degree, and subsequently studied for a PhD at King's College, Cambridge.

He was editor of the Communist Party of Great Britain's journal, Marxism Today from 1977 until its closure in 1991. In this period, Jacques was the co-editor or co-author of The Forward March of Labour Halted?(1981), The Politics of Thatcherism (1983) and New Times (1989).

Jacques was a co-founder of the think-tank Demos.

He has been a columnist for The Times and The Sunday Times and was deputy editor of The Independent.

Jacques is a visiting fellow at the London School of Economics Asia Research Centre.

He was a visiting professor at the International Centre for Chinese Studies at Aichi University in Japan, a visiting professor at Renmin University in Beijing and a senior visiting fellow at the Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore.

In 2009, Jacques' book about Asian modernity and the rise of China entitled When China Rules the World: The End of the Western World and the Birth of a New Global Order was published.
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Richmond, Canada

#3039 Feb 14, 2013
Video: Niall Ferguson: China will overtake the US within a decade ...
&#9658;&#9658;
www.telegraph.co.uk › Finance › Finance VideoShare
Mar 7, 2011
Niall Ferguson, historian and author of Civilization, tells Robert Miller that the credit crisis means China's ...
Niall Ferguson on How China Is on the March in Asia - The Daily Beast
www.thedailybeast.com/.../niall-ferguson-on-h...

Niall Campbell Douglas Ferguson (/&#712;na&#618;l& #721; 'f&#604;r&#721;g&# 652;&#721;s&#601;n/; born 18 April 1964)[1] is a British historian. He is the Laurence A. Tisch Professor of History at Harvard University. He is also a Senior Research Fellow of Jesus College, University of Oxford and a Senior Fellow of the Hoover Institution, Stanford University. His speciality is international history, economic history, particularly hyperinflation and the bond markets, and British and American imperialism.[2] He is known for his provocative, contrarian views.[3]
Ferguson's books include Empire: How Britain Made the Modern World, The Ascent of Money: A Financial History of the World and Civilization: The West and the Rest, all of which he has presented as Channel 4 television series.
In 2004, he was named as one of the 100 most influential people in the world by Time magazine. Since 2011,[dated info] he has been a contributing editor for Bloomberg Television[4][5] and a columnist for Newsweek. As of 2012,[dated info] he is working on the official biography of Henry Kissinger.[6]
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Richmond, Canada

#3040 Feb 14, 2013
6 TOP ECONOMISTS ANSWER: Is China Heading Toward A Hard Landing?

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/6-top-economis...
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Richmond, Canada

#3041 Feb 14, 2013
this is funny...

Part 1 (2009). Krugman blames US economic troubles on China's trade surplus and tells China to revalue renminbi. China refuses and tells Krugman he does not know what he's talking about.

Part 2 (2011). China's trade surplus narrows to 2% of GDP. Krugman quietly drops the subject and starts asking whether China will break.

Paul Krugman: Will China Break?

http://economistsview.typepad.com/economistsv...
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Richmond, Canada

#3042 Feb 14, 2013
January 18, 2013, 1:18 PM
Economists React: China GDP Growth Hits 7.9% in Fourth Quarter

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2013/01/18...
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#3044 Feb 14, 2013
dreadman82 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha, actually I normally do not get my data from any media source because being quilified I normally find their interpratations of global economic trends laughable but also sometimes alarmist for nothing ie yahoo news
Have you checked the economic data coming out of your EU?-0.5 % growth in 2012.
Anonymous

UK

#3045 Feb 14, 2013
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah what ever white trash,... your fast becoming another Miro who chants slogans and give wrongs info...
ignoring the truth...
good thing is people will ignore your post like they do with Miro...
Global significance of China's middle class[1]|chinadaily.com.cn
China Daily &#8206;- 3 days ago
Chinese consumption, largely driven by the middle classes, will account for $6.2 trillion, just under a quarter, of the $26 trillion of additional ..
The value of China's emerging middle class - McKinsey Quarterly ...
www.mckinseyquarterly.com/The_value_of_Chinas... shifts and a burgeoning economy will unleash a huge wave of consumer spending in urban China. A McKinsey Quarterly Economic Studies ...
The rise of China's middle class | Economy | News | Financial Post
business.financialpost.com/.../the-biggest-st... 24, 2011 – The Chinese middle class is already larger than the entire population of the United States. In fifteen years, the Chinese middle class will reach ...
The surprising shopping habits of China's growing middle class
www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/.../chinese-shop... 1, 2013 – China's slowing economy is likely to stabilize in 2013, with consumer spending being the main category to drive growth, predicts the Economist.
China's middle-class boom - Jun. 26, 2012
money.cnn.com/2012/...middle-class/index.htm - United StatesJun 26, 2012 – Chinese incomes for the middle class have exploded over the past 30 years. The average Chinese household earns $3000 per person, per ...
The only person who is ignored here is you, your stupidly long cut and paste spam is just scrolled over, and what China considers muddle class, would be considered poor in the west, chinas middle class are lower than working class from the west, even welfare bums in the west are higher up, and have a better quality if life than your Chinese 'middle class'.
Chinese middle class = poor
Anonymous

UK

#3046 Feb 14, 2013
The one thing that I do like about China is all the amazing new skyscrapers, but they are mostly empty and surrounded by slums, shanghai, shenzen, tianjing, guangzou, chonquing, suzhou, dalian, xiamen, wuxi, they all have great slylines emerging, but are empty, chocked with polution and surrounded by slums
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Richmond, Canada

#3047 Feb 14, 2013
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
The only person who is ignored here is you, your stupidly long cut and paste spam is just scrolled over, and what China considers muddle class, would be considered poor in the west, chinas middle class are lower than working class from the west, even welfare bums in the west are higher up, and have a better quality if life than your Chinese 'middle class'.
dont read it white trash... and dont care what your poor trashy white a$$$$ has to say these days anyways...

No longer factory of the world, China is now its banker
By Lily Kuo — January 16, 2013

China may be losing its position as the world’s factory. Foreign direct investment (FDI) into China in 2012 fell year-over-year for the first time in three years. At the same time, outbound Chinese investment grew sharply, government data released today shows. The figures signal that investors are less keen on China’s manufacturing sector but, perhaps more importantly, that Chinese investors are aggressively taking their money abroad.

Chinese outward foreign direct investment increased 28.6% in 2012, to $77.2 billion, as Chinese investors put money into over 4,400 companies in 141 countries and regions. By contrast, investment into China fell 3.7%, to $111.7 billion, for the full year. The month of December marked the 13th decline of FDI inflows in 14 months and investment into China’s services sector outpaced manufacturing for the second year.

FDI inflows into China steadily declined while outbound Chinese FDI jumped in 2012.ChinaScope Financial
A slow global economy has meant that Chinese investors are snatching up undervalued assets, helping China finally make good on the “going out” policy it initiated in 1999. Chinese FDI in the US, for example, hit a new record last year through big acquisitions and investment in new projects. Deals made by Chinese companies in the US in 2012 were worth $6.5 billion, a 17% rise from the previous the record of $5.5 billion in 2010, according to research firm Rhodium Group in a note released today.(One of those deals was Dalian Wanda’s purchase of AMC Entertainment, making the Chinese conglomerate the world’s largest owner of movie theaters.)

Major deals in 2012 included Sinopec’s $2.5 billion stake in Devon Energy, Wanxiang’s $420 million stake in GreatPoint Energy, and Dalian Wanda’s $2.6 billion purchase of AMC.Rhodium
This could be a good thing. More outbound investment can help China move beyond being the world’s factory, a goal of the Chinese government, which has called its current economic model unstable and unsustainable. Investments in the US this year were in oil and gas extraction and advanced manufacturing operations, ventures that can help Chinese companies move up the value chain, Rhodium notes.

That should only accelerate. Chinese outbound investment is expected to grow in 2013 and beyond. Rhodium expects China’s cumulative global foreign direct investment to reach $1 trillion by 2020. In the US, Chinese acquisitions currently waiting for regulatory approval add up to nearly $5 billion, the group points out. China’s new leaders are devising ways to help Chinese people better invest abroad, like creating a new unit of its foreign exchange regulator to direct more of the country’s $3.3 trillion in reserves to Chinese companies expanding overseas.

http://qz.com/54110/all-the-evidence-that-bla...
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Richmond, Canada

#3048 Feb 14, 2013
straa wrote:
The one thing that I do like about China is all the amazing new skyscrapers, but they are mostly empty and surrounded by slums, shanghai, shenzen, tianjing, guangzou, chonquing, suzhou, dalian, xiamen, wuxi, they all have great slylines emerging, but are empty, chocked with polution and surrounded by slums
Social catastrophe faces UK working poor
By Julie Hyland
3 December 2012
A social catastrophe is facing millions of working people in the UK, as the Conservative/Liberal Democrat government’s austerity measures and a deepening economic crisis take hold.
A study by the Joseph Rowntree Foundation, Monitoring poverty and social exclusion 2012, examines the impact of current government policy, especially regarding welfare reform.
Written by the New Policy Institute, the report shows that the number of people in working households living in poverty is now greater than the number of those in workless households in poverty.
Excluding pensioners, 6.1 million constitute the “working poor” compared to 5.1 million people without work. The “working poor” have been on the increase throughout the last decade as a result of ever-lower wages. At least 4.4 million jobs pay less than £7 per hour and low pay is rife in the service sector—including food, retail, hospitality, transport, information technology and financial services.
Low pay has been encouraged by successive governments. The previous Labour government introduced working tax credits, essentially as a subsidy to enable employees to keep down wage costs. The study finds that the number of working families receiving the credit rose by 50 percent from 2003 to 2012. The Conservative/Liberal Democrat government has said it intends to scrap the credit by 2016.
Across the country, employers have used the economic downturn to make significant cuts in wages and to implement layoffs. With official unemployment at more than 2.5 million, the numbers underemployed—i.e. unable to get the paid work they want—stands at a massive 6.5 million, the study shows. It cites the reduction in working hours imposed in many sectors as a significant factor in why unemployment is not even higher.
Poverty and unemployment are by no means static. Rather, millions face economic insecurity. Some 18 percent of people are in low income at any one time, the report states, but 33 percent have experienced at least one period of low income over a four-year period. While 1.6 million claim Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) at any one time, 4.8 million have claimed JSA at least once over the last two years.
http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2012/12/03/ec...
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Richmond, Canada

#3049 Feb 14, 2013
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
see here is the thing white trash... I dont expect you to read anything...we can tell you havent read anything since the 1990s... or pick and choose what you want to read these days...

usually that is what fits into your narrow minded way, you view the world...

you made a statement about their middle class I showed the rest of the topix forum,

how stupid you are, and how stupid your statement was... by showing their economic power

through the ton of links I posted up,

now these people can choose to or choose not to click on...

still dosent change the fact you are trashy Brit with a loudmouth... spouting off wrong facts once again...

now this you can explain away as Chinese being harder workers...

White working-class children do worse in exams than poor children for whom English is a second language, a study shows.

Researchers also found that the most deprived Chinese British pupils are out-performing the wealthiest white British children by the age of 16.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13809...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Richmond, Canada

#3050 Feb 14, 2013
but this is FCUKEN EMBARRASSING....

white trash like you should be hiding your head in shame

Poor white pupils lag behind black peers - FT.com

www.ft.com › UKShareApr 26, 2011 – About half of the poor white attainment gap at the age of 16 is driven by poor exam performances outside London where schools are much ...
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Richmond, Canada

#3051 Feb 14, 2013
btw stupid white trash... yes wages are lower in ASIA, and yes they would be considered poor in the WEST

BUT

THEY DOOOONT LIVE IN THE WEEEEEST

you should know this sheit having travelled to get a bride from SE Asia... stupid trash

plus the ones going to the UK where you live....(well you live in a Trashy area)

are doing this....

Chinese buying up investment properties in London
www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchina/2010.../conten... 22, 2010 – Chinese buying up investment properties in London ... "Besides, we cannot underestimate the role of UK education in encouraging inward ...

Chinese hunt for traditional UK treasures - China Daily
www.chinadaily.com.cn › Business › IndustriesApr 9, 2012 – When International UK auction houses linked up with the Chinese ... of the British antique market as Chinese bidders buy up old-fashioned ...
Anonymous

UK

#3052 Feb 14, 2013
but this is FCUKEN EMBARRASSING....
white trash like you should be hiding your head in shame
Poor white pupils lag behind black peers - FT.com
www.ft.com › UKShareApr 26, 2011 – About half of the poor white attainment gap at the age of 16 is driven by poor exam performances outsidLondon where schools are much ...
Sorry to dissapointed you but I'm Indian, not white, I know it frustrated you th!t China is so low down in the world order and have never achieved anything, but that's life, it is a peasant nation so its no surprise, I know your jelous that anything great or important in the world was achieved by a white man, but that's life, they are just better than you, I know you hate it that the world is dominated and totally controlled by the west, and that China are an insignificant third world nation, but there's nothing you can do about it, you are naturally born an inferiour culture, that's why you have no important inventions, no cultural influence, no hard power, no soft power, no famous companies or sport or movies or music or anything, no good universities, an inferiour military, a peasant population that flee China as soon as they get the chance, I know you are so jelous of whites and how they are so superiour to you, but like all Chinese, there is nothing you can do about it except cry

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3053 Feb 14, 2013
<quoted text>
yes you get your info from 10 years ago...
Oh yeah like the Greece one right? My information is updated everyday as oppossed to you who gets his infor from story books and yahoo news(to be fair to story books, they depict more reality then yahoo news). Plus you can not even read

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3054 Feb 14, 2013
<quoted text>
dummy
I have said before, most western articles have a
BUT in them
China creates the Longest High Speed Rail Line
BUT
there is rampant corruption in China...
blah blah blah.... I read it all.... you just key in on what information suits your agenda...
plus if I used a China based article you guys would be all over it...
but your side has, no problem using book writers or Hedge Fund shorters with clear agendas, and Bias against China
only BUTS they have in their articles is to bash some more
But there is rumpant corruption, have you seen all the preventable accidents that just happened to kill so many of your own people? They were caused by corrupt contractors as your own government says.....I think they also had a hand in it and just surrificed the smaller fish to save the big fish.

I will be a venture capitalist and my old job was as a corperate head hunter, what do I have to do with hedge funds....or do you mean derivatives.

LADIES AND GENTLE MEN, MORE EVIDENCE THAT THIS CLOWN DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. He heard about hedge fund, valture funds so now he just throws them at people expecting no one would notice.

No our side does have problems but they are Leberals, hippiez and a slight economic rush, nothing I'd stay up about though. It will all be fixed eventually.

BALL POSITION

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cheaters Hunted: Weird ways Chinese target lyin... 45 min Spotted Girl 1
Poll Why Are Chinamen So Stupid? (Jun '10) 20 hr urdearfather 240
News Mainland agents - tipped off Hong Kong about Si... Fri TW_sugar_daddio 13
I HATE CHINA (in response to "why do Westerners... (Nov '08) Thu Fuckthechinese 2,558
White Privilege Privilege Nov 28 Lisa 1
India to outpace China to be No.1 economy by 20... (Mar '12) Nov 28 FREE TIBET 163
News Here's what 5 of your favorite products would c... Nov 27 Bill 1
More from around the web