China's politicians forgo lobster, sh...

China's politicians forgo lobster, shark fins in austerity push aimed at easing public anger

There are 3 comments on the The Washington Post story from Mar 6, 2013, titled China's politicians forgo lobster, shark fins in austerity push aimed at easing public anger. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

A worker sits near covered water coolers at the Great Hall of the People during a lull in activities at the annual congress meetings in Beijing, China, Wednesday, March 6, 2013.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

idiots united

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Mar 6, 2013
That is suffering in unprecedented scale but at least concubinesd are not on the endangered list.
DENG

Nanjing, China

#2 Mar 6, 2013
China's politicians forgo lobster, shark fins

NOW THE POLITICIANS IN THE UNITED STATES SHOULD FOLLOW THIS EXAMPLE WITH THEIR MENUS.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#3 Mar 7, 2013
"“There’s basically no more meat for breakfast now. We’re eating at buffets as if we’re traveling with an ordinary travel agency that has put us up in a hotel with no-star grading,” said Han Deyun, a lawyer from the southwestern megacity of Chongqing who has been a congress delegate for 11 years.“Lunch and dinners are also simpler, four or five hot dishes, but no seafood.”

This is how removed from reality the Chinese government is.

Apparently they think the absolute worst in Chinese hotels routinely offer 6 course meals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump meets former Vice President Gore in New Y... 16 min Le Jimbo 75
News Three Things to Know About Taiwan's President T... 1 hr TW_sugar_daddio 7
I want to say I hate the Korean,very very much! (Jan '13) Dec 6 HOORAY FOR KOREA 42
News Mainland agents - tipped off Hong Kong about Si... Dec 6 TW_sugar_daddio 19
Poll Why Are Chinamen So Stupid? (Jun '10) Dec 4 Sarah 241
News Cheaters Hunted: Weird ways Chinese target lyin... Dec 4 Trump s Birtherex... 6
I HATE CHINA (in response to "why do Westerners... (Nov '08) Dec 1 Fuckthechinese 2,558
More from around the web