China's top political advisor arrives in Cambodia for ex-King Sihanouk's funeral

Feb 3, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: People's Daily Online

Jia Qinglin, chairman of the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, arrived here Sunday afternoon to attend the royal cremation ceremony of the late Cambodian former King Norodom Sihanouk, which will be held on Monday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Concerned_

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

After visiting the Federation of Malaya, it is Cambodia's turn to be visited by a Chinese political advisor. China is trying to convince these two countries not to support the Philippines in her quest to solve the West Philippine sea in the United Nations.

Maybe, this commie advisor's mind was contaminated when he ate giant clams and fish from the Philippine Scarborough Shoal.
chandra

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

cambodia is trojan horse
china will use cambodia to gain political and trategic to expansion to the south and cambodia get into the cold war again every time cambodia lost more than 2 millon in the end cambodia only the name what the cost for real khmer people
MisterV

Methuen, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Congrats Cambodia, finally you are no longer under Youn control. I am so happy. I hope I will no longer have to hear moaning and crying from Polpot offpsring for everyday and nights for everything that the Youn must be responsible for.

From now on, if you call out the Youn name make sure you prepare to pay for some lands as nothing for free.
ConvertSray

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

There is no help for free, but one need to choose what kind of help is good deal.
Without Khmer help VN would never win the VNs war too .The VC won the USA because VC used Khmers land to conquer the the US.
MisterV

Methuen, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

ConvertSray wrote:
There is no help for free, but one need to choose what kind of help is good deal.
Without Khmer help VN would never win the VNs war too .The VC won the USA because VC used Khmers land to conquer the the US.
Withou the Khmers help the Vietnam would never win the Vietnam war? Hahahaha the Khmers were brain washed to the point that they cant even use their brain to think or they just simply to dumb to reasoning. Hahaha.

Yeh right, without the Khmer the Viet also never gain independent from China and France right?

You Khmer role in Vietnam war was a chess in the game, Not the player, pal.
Drgunzet

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Concerned_ wrote:
After visiting the Federation of Malaya, it is Cambodia's turn to be visited by a Chinese political advisor. China is trying to convince these two countries not to support the Philippines in her quest to solve the West Philippine sea in the United Nations.
Maybe, this commie advisor's mind was contaminated when he ate giant clams and fish from the Philippine Scarborough Shoal.
Malaysia is always in conflict with Philippines over Sabah region. China does not have to convince Malaysia.

As for Cambodia, it's pure politics. In the 1980s, Hun Sen used to publicly denounced China in harsh words for its continuing support for Khmer Rouges in undermining his regime. But now, all is forgiven because China is providing Cambodia with pressing need.

The failure of allowing Cambodia to fall into China's camp is purely USA's fault. I am very disappointed in USA. USA induced Lon Nol into a coup, tricked Lon Nol into borrowing USA money to fight the war. Clearly, Lon Nol got the short-end of the deal.

What USA should have done was to forgive the sovereign debt to Cambodia. But by doing so, USA would admit the guilt. Look in Vietnam, USA took a long time to finally start the process of cleaning the Agent Orange. It's a must because if Vietnam falls into China's camp, USA will loose the hold over the international trade. China could use Vietnam to wield pressure over region shipping lanes to force other nations to drop the dollars and adopt the Chinese currency instead.

Currently Cambodia is only the back-up to Thailand's card. If Thailand falls into China's camp, then Cambodia will be discarded like a used piece of lemon. If Thailand continue to be on USA's side or stay neutral, then Cambodia is the Trojan horse into the ASEAN region.
Bapak Malay

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Drgunzet wrote:
<quoted text>
Malaysia is always in conflict with Philippines over Sabah region. China does not have to convince Malaysia.
As for Cambodia, it's pure politics. In the 1980s, Hun Sen used to publicly denounced China in harsh words for its continuing support for Khmer Rouges in undermining his regime. But now, all is forgiven because China is providing Cambodia with pressing need.
The failure of allowing Cambodia to fall into China's camp is purely USA's fault. I am very disappointed in USA. USA induced Lon Nol into a coup, tricked Lon Nol into borrowing USA money to fight the war. Clearly, Lon Nol got the short-end of the deal.
What USA should have done was to forgive the sovereign debt to Cambodia. But by doing so, USA would admit the guilt. Look in Vietnam, USA took a long time to finally start the process of cleaning the Agent Orange. It's a must because if Vietnam falls into China's camp, USA will loose the hold over the international trade. China could use Vietnam to wield pressure over region shipping lanes to force other nations to drop the dollars and adopt the Chinese currency instead.
Currently Cambodia is only the back-up to Thailand's card. If Thailand falls into China's camp, then Cambodia will be discarded like a used piece of lemon. If Thailand continue to be on USA's side or stay neutral, then Cambodia is the Trojan horse into the ASEAN region.
You are disappointed with America only? China gave full support to the Khymer Rouge and armed them my friend.
The Kmer

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

chandra wrote:
cambodia is trojan horse
china will use cambodia to gain political and trategic to expansion to the south and cambodia get into the cold war again every time cambodia lost more than 2 millon in the end cambodia only the name what the cost for real khmer people
Who started the cold war? Who was secretly bombing Combodia country side for years and caused the raised of Pol Pot? If you trace the root cause of all the recent wars in the world, they all point to the "human right", "democracy" promoter of USA!!!
ordinary khmer

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

US come and go chinese came and will come and stay forever

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the China Forum right now

Search the China Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Can China be Trusted? 3 min Gengis khan 16
do chinese girls want black man husband? (Oct '08) 2 hr epep 2,425
Hong Kong Election 2017 5 hr Lion W 392
My Peace with Racism in America. My Peace with ... 6 hr Gengis khan 2
China says 1/5 of its farmland polluted 7 hr Prince George 4
McGold,Was the Ping heard in Bejing 11 hr McGold 5
China releases list of companies planning to li... 14 hr RayH 1
•••
•••