I want them to be a 3rd World

I do not want China to get Ahe

First Prev
of 19
Next Last
snowflake

Santa Cruz, CA

#1 Mar 7, 2010
In the Western media most still considered China a third world country.
ngali

Yangzhou, China

#2 Mar 7, 2010
It's a developing country. A RAPIDLY developing country, but still with a long way to go.

The designation of first, second and third world countries is meaningless post cold war in any case.
RayH

Guangzhou, China

#3 Mar 7, 2010
China is now 30 % first world (in the big cities), 60 % second world (most of China), and 10 % third world (in those remote areas of Western China).

By the end of this decade, this ratio would probably change to 50 % first world, 45 % second world, 5 % third world. China would then be the world's largest economy.

By 2030, China would probably be 70 % first world, 28 % second world, and 2 % third world. China would then be the world's largest developed country.
RayH

Guangzhou, China

#4 Mar 7, 2010
In 18 of the past 20 centuries, China was the world's No. 1 economy and regional power. So, China returning to that position is just the NORM of world history.

China went into decline in the 19th century due to failure to industrialize and militarize. Today, that's done.
Style_1

Bellflower, CA

#5 Mar 7, 2010
Yeah, I agree...

China is on her way to modernization of Infrastructure, agriculture, Industrialization, and Media Communication.

I believe a country is a first world if it achieves modernization of those 4 areas.
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Fpo, AP

#6 Mar 7, 2010
3rd world country?... more like

developing country...
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#7 Mar 7, 2010
Style_1 wrote:
Yeah, I agree...
China is on her way to modernization of Infrastructure, agriculture, Industrialization, and Media Communication.
I believe a country is a first world if it achieves modernization of those 4 areas.
China already has a first world infrastructure (hardware)--the highway system will be longer than the U.S. within 5 years, the high-speed railway network will be 50 % of the world's total within 3 years.

What needs improvement is the software--education, legal system, transparency, etc. That will take 20 years.
Style_1

Bellflower, CA

#8 Mar 8, 2010
RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
China already has a first world infrastructure (hardware)--the highway system will be longer than the U.S. within 5 years, the high-speed railway network will be 50 % of the world's total within 3 years.
What needs improvement is the software--education, legal system, transparency, etc. That will take 20 years.
I agree....
snowflake

Santa Cruz, CA

#9 Mar 8, 2010
In many things China is already way ahead of America as I mentioned before. Go see for yourselves.
RayH

Guangzhou, China

#10 Mar 8, 2010
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE wrote:
3rd world country?... more like
developing country...
China is currently in the upper end of developing country. "Third World" is middle and bottom end of developing world.
snowflake

Santa Cruz, CA

#11 Mar 8, 2010
China at this moment as I am writing has more miles of high speed and sophiscated rails than any place on earth. Just the Tibetan railroad alone is over two thousand miles, it is the highest altitude rail in the world and have pressurized carriages to accomodate for the low oxygen of the mountains and the rails sits on permafrost therefore they have to be specially made to adjust to that.
jiang

Jakarta, Indonesia

#12 Mar 10, 2010
China WAS a third world country.

Now, China is located between the first world country and the third world country. It will reach its status as the first world country within the next 20 years.

Since: Mar 08

Long Island City, NY

#13 Mar 10, 2010
Oh com'on people. There is nothing to be gained but some ego and lots to lose by not being a third world country. China is a member and speaker of the third world countries, and that is the best role for China to play.
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#14 Mar 10, 2010
jiang wrote:
China WAS a third world country.
Now, China is located between the first world country and the third world country. It will reach its status as the first world country within the next 20 years.
Within this decade, most of Chinese cities will reach the standard of living of lower-level developed countries. China is currently 50 % urban.
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#15 Mar 10, 2010
Zsari wrote:
Oh com'on people. There is nothing to be gained but some ego and lots to lose by not being a third world country. China is a member and speaker of the third world countries, and that is the best role for China to play.
As China becomes the world's largest developed country in the next 20 years, China's economic rise should become an example to Third World countries.
jiang

Jakarta, Indonesia

#16 Mar 10, 2010
Yes, sooner or later, we are going to learn from China anyway.

Since: Mar 08

Long Island City, NY

#17 Mar 11, 2010
RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
As China becomes the world's largest developed country in the next 20 years, China's economic rise should become an example to Third World countries.
Regardless of the development in China, China should call itself a third world country for the foreseeable future.
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#18 Mar 11, 2010
Zsari wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of the development in China, China should call itself a third world country for the foreseeable future.
Your foreseeable future won't last that long.

Shenzhen is already in the developed world, for years. In the last 2 years, Shanghai, Beijing, and Guangzhou have also crossed that US$ 10,000 per capita GDP mark to reach the lower-level developed world living standards. Tianjin is coming up soon, along with 2 dozen smaller cities along China's coast.

This year, the entire Pearl River Delta Region of Guangdong will reach US$ 10,000 per capita GDP to enter the developed world too.

Within this decade, most of China's cities will reach the living standards of developed countries. That's 725 million people, nearly the entire population of Europe and U.S. This is why China will become the world's No. 1 economy by 2020.
Style_1

Anaheim, CA

#19 Mar 12, 2010
People shouldn't be denying the future.. because it's bad for them....

They should take step to take advantage of the future...
ngali

Yangzhou, China

#21 Mar 12, 2010
RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
Your foreseeable future won't last that long.
Shenzhen is already in the developed world, for years. In the last 2 years, Shanghai, Beijing, and Guangzhou have also crossed that US$ 10,000 per capita GDP mark to reach the lower-level developed world living standards. Tianjin is coming up soon, along with 2 dozen smaller cities along China's coast.
This year, the entire Pearl River Delta Region of Guangdong will reach US$ 10,000 per capita GDP to enter the developed world too.
Within this decade, most of China's cities will reach the living standards of developed countries. That's 725 million people, nearly the entire population of Europe and U.S. This is why China will become the world's No. 1 economy by 2020.
Within this decade?? MOST of China's cities?

That's a tad optimistic, don't you think?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US spies on Japan government and companies 13 hr Yakult 3
war japan vs china who will win? (Nov '11) 22 hr henry 877
Are Chinese The Smartest Race? (Sep '12) Sun WoW 217
News Palestinian protester shot by Israeli troops dies Sun Human Rights Watch 1
are the chinese racist? (Sep '14) Sun Been There 31
News Chinese media outlet uses racial slur at US envoy (Feb '14) Sun Shucks 2
BRICS to work together at G20, WTO (Mar '12) Sat Raj Chanani 3
More from around the web