US election fascinates Chinese; some ...

US election fascinates Chinese; some envy voters

There are 41 comments on the The Republic story from Nov 5, 2012, titled US election fascinates Chinese; some envy voters. In it, The Republic reports that:

Where can a pop star score a hit by talking about the U.S. Electoral College for 33 minutes? In China, where Gao Xiaosong's straightforward explanation of the system drew more than 1 million hits in four days.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Republic.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
RayH

Guangzhou, China

#1 Nov 5, 2012
China gets competent administrators. U.S. gets the best liars. Check out the state of the two countries today.

“China Seas Pirate Gangs”

Since: Jul 12

Taizhou, Jiangsu, China

#2 Nov 5, 2012
http://www.wbur.org/npr/164189598/can-chinas-...

Chen, who is studying law at New York University, is fiercely critical of China's legal system, but also surprisingly optimistic about the potential for change.

The rule of law in China is crucial to addressing many of China's most pressing problems and keeping peace in a sprawling, fractious country. The lack of an independent judiciary allows officials often to operate with impunity: detaining citizens without charge, approving environmentally dangerous projects and stealing public money with both hands.

Perhaps the judiciary's greatest problem is that it is ultimately controlled by the Communist Party. Chen says the party refuses to give up that power because it is so politically useful.

"It's very much against their interests," says Chen, speaking in a conference room at the New York University School of Law in Manhattan. "The implementation of a law would rule out the possibility of foul play on their part."
Mirolyuba

Port Moody, Canada

#3 Nov 5, 2012
RayH wrote:
China gets competent administrators. U.S. gets the best liars. Check out the state of the two countries today.
China gets unpunished mass-murderers and thieves, no legal rights, no property, no vote.

The US gets an actual government under the rule of law, a choice, and a legitimate leadership.

Millions wish to immigrate TO the USA every year!

Millions wish to emigrate FROM the Communist Party of China slave-state every year!

That pretty much says it all, doesn't it?
USChinaCulturalR evolution

West Covina, CA

#4 Nov 5, 2012
No wonder they are so interested. They want to see if the globalists can pull a cultural revolution/dumbing down of America with Obama. Just like the one that brought them the 1 child policy.
imaginaryfriend

Garden City, MI

#5 Nov 5, 2012
You can have Willard, China!! We're NOT going to take him!
Hu Jintao CCP

Australia

#6 Nov 6, 2012
RayH wrote:

U.S.A is the best country in the world. unlike you scumbag brainwashed "Chink" China is nothing but a useless greedy selfish cheap racist toilet-shit of the world.Chinese are jelous.
GREATEST LIE EVER TOLD

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Nov 6, 2012
China is fascinated how Great Satan keeps its sheeple brainwashed. They actually think their vote means something.

A-HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAAHA!
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#8 Nov 6, 2012
Mirolyuba wrote:
<quoted text>
China gets unpunished mass-murderers and thieves, no legal rights, no property, no vote.
The US gets an actual government under the rule of law, a choice, and a legitimate leadership.
Millions wish to immigrate TO the USA every year!
Millions wish to emigrate FROM the Communist Party of China slave-state every year!
That pretty much says it all, doesn't it?
Are you kidding? There are 4 million people from overseas living in mainland China, including 1 million illegals.

There are 6 million Americans living overseas.

CCP membership is growing every year.
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#9 Nov 6, 2012
Hu Jintao CCP wrote:
<quoted text>
U.S.A is the best country in the world. unlike you scumbag brainwashed "Chink" China is nothing but a useless greedy selfish cheap racist toilet-shit of the world.Chinese are jelous.
If that's so, why are you living in Australia?
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#10 Nov 6, 2012
Ray, I don't vote and it is too boring for me to follow. Who is our next President going to be?
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#11 Nov 6, 2012
Faith wrote:
Ray, I don't vote and it is too boring for me to follow. Who is our next President going to be?
Michigan is going with Obama. Must be a race thing for you then.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#12 Nov 6, 2012
RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
Michigan is going with Obama. Must be a race thing for you then.
Well...of course it is...get serious. Don't blame me....Detroit!
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#13 Nov 6, 2012
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Well...of course it is...get serious. Don't blame me....Detroit!
You mean the African city in North America.

How's your Ebonics?
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Richmond, Canada

#14 Nov 6, 2012
yes they will see Romney win the popular vote...

but Obama win the election...

but it looks like the Republicans will take the house and Senate...
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#15 Nov 6, 2012
RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the African city in North America.
How's your Ebonics?
I have no business in Detroit. Ebonics? You know that they can talk normal when when white people are around.
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#16 Nov 6, 2012
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE wrote:
yes they will see Romney win the popular vote...
but Obama win the election...
but it looks like the Republicans will take the house and Senate...
If Obama wins, then it's 4 years of slow decline.

If Romney wins, then it's 4 years of fast decline, after Uncle Sam invades Iran and destroy the world economy again, along with its own.

Anyways, the next Democratic president in 2017 does the handover to China in 2018.
Poor China

Nanaimo, Canada

#17 Nov 6, 2012
RayH wrote:
Competent administrators?

If you call massive corruption, unfair education system, blocking and censoring news, closed-door judiciary, lying in history books and the people not being able to choose their own leaders "competent"... then you are truly a sheep.

Baaaaa....
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#18 Nov 7, 2012
Poor China wrote:
<quoted text>
If you call massive corruption, unfair education system, blocking and censoring news, closed-door judiciary, lying in history books and the people not being able to choose their own leaders "competent"... then you are truly a sheep.
Baaaaa....
How about moving China from the world's No. 7 economy to No. 2 in 10 years?
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#19 Nov 7, 2012
Poor China wrote:
<quoted text>
Baaaaa....
I wouldn't call your Harper "competent." Loser? Yes.
Crazy Slit eyes Chink

Australia

#20 Nov 7, 2012
RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's so, why are you living in Australia?
Australia is my country.talk about your own dirt cheap China.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Singaporeans Chinese penis 4.5 inch (bigger th... (Apr '12) 2 hr Foldus 40
Rand McNally: Xisha and Nansha Islands (Paracel... 3 hr Historian 1
News U.S. defense chief to China: End South China Se... 3 hr Historian 7
News Tense China-Japan relations overshadow the case... 4 hr Yakult 47
Poll Is China headed for a wider anti CCP insurgency? (May '14) 16 hr Triple C 99
News Those Problematic Cuban Dissidents 16 hr paul shykora arts 6
American Christians. (May '13) Mon Distraught 2
More from around the web