America Has Lost Its Moral Compass
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HEARTS OF DARKNESS

Brooklyn, NY

#22 Dec 8, 2012
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

A-HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAAHAA!
Drgunzet

Meridian, ID

#23 Dec 8, 2012
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a fcuken retard... this has been gone over before...
Chinese people didnt help because they could have been charged with a crime of killing the toddler for simply running to her aid...
those americans stood there waiting for the train to run over the guy...
while both cases are tragic
I wish it was you... at the bottom of those tracks..
You answered: Chinese people didnt help because they could have been charged with a crime of killing the toddler for simply running to her aid...

That looks to me, the Chinese government is more menacing, a lot more menacing than the homeless maniac.

See, I told you... that's what you got when you live under a dictatorship government. I feel sorry for the Chinese government. If they are not dictating over you guys, you guys would rebel and cause much worse problem. You are dumb and unreasonable, and that's why your government had to be tough on you.
TWISTED

Brooklyn, NY

#24 Dec 8, 2012
Thing is, Americans don't have such a law. They could've helped but chose to just watch him die like the sick animals they all are.

And these are the savages you worship.
THE WEST IS DYING

Brooklyn, NY

#25 Dec 8, 2012
No wonder the West is dying.
SpongeBob

Toronto, Canada

#26 Dec 8, 2012
THE WEST IS DYING wrote:
No wonder the West is dying.
Just ask your own Chinese immigrants who are lining up Chinese Immigration Dept. to get the hell out of mainland. BTW, it surprised me your brown ass is still in USA! Wahahhahaha!
TEE HEE

Brooklyn, NY

#27 Dec 8, 2012
Im not Melanese like you.
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#28 Dec 8, 2012
SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>Just ask your own Chinese immigrants who are lining up Chinese Immigration Dept. to get the hell out of mainland. BTW, it surprised me your brown ass is still in USA! Wahahhahaha!
Have to been to the any Chinese Consulate in the U.S. or Canada lately? Full of people trying to get to China.
old china

Chengdu, China

#29 Dec 8, 2012
Drgunzet wrote:
<quoted text>
There was the attacker still lurking on the platform. If anyone came to extend a helping hand, the attacker might throw the person down the track as well.
So, basically you are a coward. Nothing wrong with that, wimps can't help who they are.
old china

Chengdu, China

#30 Dec 8, 2012
Drgunzet wrote:
<quoted text>
You answered: Chinese people didnt help because they could have been charged with a crime of killing the toddler for simply running to her aid...
That looks to me, the Chinese government is more menacing, a lot more menacing than the homeless maniac.
See, I told you... that's what you got when you live under a dictatorship government. I feel sorry for the Chinese government. If they are not dictating over you guys, you guys would rebel and cause much worse problem. You are dumb and unreasonable, and that's why your government had to be tough on you.
Not strictly speaking true.

I suspect that one factor in this case was the lighting at the scene of the accident - from the footage that we saw on TV it was not evident that it was a body lying in the road and none of the passers by appeared to even look at the crumpled heap.

That aside if the passers by had been aware then their response would probably have been influenced by a case that ruled a good Samaritan was liable simply because he had assumed responsibility by helping someone travel to a hospital even though the Samaritan wasn’t himself involved in the accident. On the face of it, it was a judgement bordering on insanity and the government should have clarified the law, if not following the ruling then following the death of this child. Why they didn’t is beyond me but then I wasn’t involved in either of the two cases so am, just like you, not qualified to pass judgement.

Then there is the aspect that the rich guy can get ALLEGEDLY get stuck with the bills just because he has more money than the victim even though the rich guy was completely blameless e.g. as in the owner of a legally parked car that gets struck by a motor scooter who’s rider was not paying attention. Argue your case with a traffic cop and they may well impound your car pending a court case and then it can cost even MORE to get your car released. My wife and friends always tell me not to get involved and to leave it to the professionals.

The Chinese government do not seek confrontation with the poor – quite the reverse and so the law evolves slowly but it is evolving and has greatly improved over the last six decades. As far as Joe Average is concerned the government do not threaten him and the government commonly don't appear to enforce the laws that may exist when they clearly could. Traffic offences are a good example where it seems that they may well book you for illegal parking but often not for dangerous driving such as jumping the traffic lights. Parking and driving on the pavement is common place as is driving through pedestrians with right of way on a pedestrian crossing. There is a policeman with his own spot in Chengdu primetime TV who makes it an issue to stop idiots on the road and harras them with lectures and jokes rather than to book them under the law. Small wonder they just carry on driving dangerously.

I could be a SERIOUSLY rich man if I was awarded a franchise to enforce traffic law (within the law - not via bribes) and it would resolve any unemployment that might exist.
TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE

Brooklyn, NY

#31 Dec 8, 2012
Quoted for truth!
Drgunzet

Meridian, ID

#32 Dec 9, 2012
old china wrote:
<quoted text>
Not strictly speaking true.
I suspect that one factor in this case was the lighting at the scene of the accident - from the footage that we saw on TV it was not evident that it was a body lying in the road and none of the passers by appeared to even look at the crumpled heap.
That aside if the passers by had been aware then their response would probably have been influenced by a case that ruled a good Samaritan was liable simply because he had assumed responsibility by helping someone travel to a hospital even though the Samaritan wasn’t himself involved in the accident. On the face of it, it was a judgement bordering on insanity and the government should have clarified the law, if not following the ruling then following the death of this child. Why they didn’t is beyond me but then I wasn’t involved in either of the two cases so am, just like you, not qualified to pass judgement.
Then there is the aspect that the rich guy can get ALLEGEDLY get stuck with the bills just because he has more money than the victim even though the rich guy was completely blameless e.g. as in the owner of a legally parked car that gets struck by a motor scooter who’s rider was not paying attention. Argue your case with a traffic cop and they may well impound your car pending a court case and then it can cost even MORE to get your car released. My wife and friends always tell me not to get involved and to leave it to the professionals.
The Chinese government do not seek confrontation with the poor – quite the reverse and so the law evolves slowly but it is evolving and has greatly improved over the last six decades. As far as Joe Average is concerned the government do not threaten him and the government commonly don't appear to enforce the laws that may exist when they clearly could. Traffic offences are a good example where it seems that they may well book you for illegal parking but often not for dangerous driving such as jumping the traffic lights. Parking and driving on the pavement is common place as is driving through pedestrians with right of way on a pedestrian crossing. There is a policeman with his own spot in Chengdu primetime TV who makes it an issue to stop idiots on the road and harras them with lectures and jokes rather than to book them under the law. Small wonder they just carry on driving dangerously.
I could be a SERIOUSLY rich man if I was awarded a franchise to enforce traffic law (within the law - not via bribes) and it would resolve any unemployment that might exist.
Ok, your response is the best so far on this forum. I'll chit-chat with you a bit.

What you said is reasonable to most cases. However, when it comes to life&death of a child, I would chose the life of the child over all the potential complication you mentioned above.

Alright scratch that, I am not going to pretend to be such a wonderful person. Did anyone at least attempt to do something such as: try to get someone else to help the child?

I would think China still have a lot of poor people who had nothing to lose, who would have a little bit of humanity to take a risk to save the child in the pool of blood? But NO. How sad, how pathetic.

Eventually there was a woman who tried to help the child, but it was too late. The child could not be saved.
Stranger

Stockport, UK

#33 Dec 9, 2012
RIF,you are wrong. Chinese were concerned once about lifting an old person up who fell downmbe ause the old person might sue them for accidentally breaking a fragile bone.

Now, when a toddler has been run over three times,(run over once, backed up over her,then another van hit her later) and the driver says,if she is dead the fine is less than the hospital bills if alive?!

Then, all you have to do is call the ambulance and bloxk the traffic.

Now youre a rich man with a high IQ.

So..read my comments and think about it. Noone trusts anyone in China, accordibg to what Chinese have told me.

But its still a great country.
Stranger

Stockport, UK

#34 Dec 9, 2012
Look i have seen the video a good four or five times. That Fujian marketplace was well lit.

The girl was run over three times, the first van backed up on her.

At least eleven people passed by and got a good look at her.

A rubbish cleaner eventually pulled her off the road and called for help.

Then the mother ran screaming in a state of shock.

There was a law concerning cases where the public were advised not to help an old person get up because they might break a bone and get sued by the old person.

All that was necessary here was blocking traffic and calling an ambulance.

The driver wanted to kill her because the fine is only several 'wan' for traffic manslaughter,but millions for hospital fees.

Thats the best response DG.

That Old China guy knows nothing about China. He just lives in his own little fantasy land.

He also didnt know there were Nazi batallions in North Africa.

Duh!?
HEARTS OF DARKNESS

Brooklyn, NY

#35 Dec 9, 2012
Actually it was the Chinese netizens who decried that incident. Making it go viral.

In NYC where the poor Korean man died, 49th st is smack in the middle of Times Sq there's always hundreds of people, perhaps thousands around the clock.

Maybe it's because we expect more from Americans that were were so sadly disgusted at their pathetic display of inhumanity.
Julia

Canada

#36 Dec 9, 2012
Hearts,

Americans are too busy promoting human rights overseas, and have forgotten about the needs back home.

Americans are great! They sacrifice themselves for the world!
Drgunzet

Meridian, ID

#37 Dec 9, 2012
old china wrote:
<quoted text>
So, basically you are a coward. Nothing wrong with that, wimps can't help who they are.
Wrong. I was speaking about the other people on the platform. I doubt any of them would dare to face that menacing attacker still lurking around.

I am no coward. Since early age I fought many street battles. I can ignore pain. I was the best Karate student in my college. Other students exclaimed many time, "The Chinese are born automatically Bruce Lee." I believe I can outfight that menacing attacker.

(Btw, Bruce Lee is my hero and idol. I practiced one of his signature move to the finest detail. You can see that move in the fight between him and Chuck Norris. Watch the following clip at 2:54)

So, that's my claim. You don't have to believe it. It's not the point.

The point here is, most people in America don't not practice or train in martial arts. It's the size and brute strength which would commonly determine the outcome of a fight.
TRY HARDER

Brooklyn, NY

#38 Dec 9, 2012
Drgunzet wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. I was speaking about the other people on the platform. I doubt any of them would dare to face that menacing attacker still lurking around.
I am no coward. Since early age I fought many street battles. I can ignore pain. I was the best Karate student in my college. Other students exclaimed many time, "The Chinese are born automatically Bruce Lee." I believe I can outfight that menacing attacker.
(Btw, Bruce Lee is my hero and idol. I practiced one of his signature move to the finest detail. You can see that move in the fight between him and Chuck Norris. Watch the following clip at 2:54)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =JLO1YIWQuXEXX
So, that's my claim. You don't have to believe it. It's not the point.
The point here is, most people in America don't not practice or train in martial arts. It's the size and brute strength which would commonly determine the outcome of a fight.
Like I said, the 49th st station where this occurred is in the middle of Times Sq. There are hundreds of thousands of people around 24/7. Thousands of people scared of one man just doesn't wash.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump meets former Vice President Gore in New Y... 16 min Le Jimbo 75
News Three Things to Know About Taiwan's President T... 1 hr TW_sugar_daddio 7
I want to say I hate the Korean,very very much! (Jan '13) Dec 6 HOORAY FOR KOREA 42
News Mainland agents - tipped off Hong Kong about Si... Dec 6 TW_sugar_daddio 19
Poll Why Are Chinamen So Stupid? (Jun '10) Dec 4 Sarah 241
News Cheaters Hunted: Weird ways Chinese target lyin... Dec 4 Trump s Birtherex... 6
I HATE CHINA (in response to "why do Westerners... (Nov '08) Dec 1 Fuckthechinese 2,558
More from around the web