America Has Lost Its Moral Compass

Posted in the China Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NO ONE HELPED

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Dec 6, 2012
Prosecutor James Lin told the judge that Davis watched the train strike Han before leaving the station.

"This defendant never once offered any aid as the train approached the station. In fact, this defendant watched the train hit the victim. And according to witnesses, he then calmly put his coat back on, picked up his cup of coffee and left the station, seemingly indifferent to the welfare or fate of the victim," Lin said.
Read more from NBCNewYork.com
Davis' Legal Aid lawyer, Stephen Pokart, said outside court that his client "was involved in an incident with a man who was drunk and angry."
Davis is due back in court on Dec. 11.
A wake was held for Han at the Edward D. Jamie Funeral Chapel in Flushing, Queens and the funeral was scheduled for Thursday morning.
A bystander recorded part of the fight between the two men and turned the video over to police. The man who allegedly pushed Han is heard cursing and saying, in substance, "Leave me alone... stand in line, wait for the R train and that's it."

He then pushed Han onto the tracks, police said. Han tried to climb back up onto the platform but died after getting trapped between the train and the platform's edge.
Han's family spoke publicly for the first time Wednesday. Daughter Ashley Han, a 20-year-old Hunter College student, said: "I just really wish I had one last chance to tell my dad how much I love him."
Asked Wednesday if she wished someone would have helped pull her father off the tracks, Han said it was difficult to dwell on the past.
"Yeah, the thought of someone helping him up in a matter of seconds would have been great... what happened has happened," she said.
The Q train operator, Terrence Legree, told the Daily News he saw a man on the tracks and tried to pull the emergency brakes on the train, but couldn't stop it in time. Even after he heard the sound of the train hitting the man and the locomotive screeched to a halt, Legree said he jumped out of the control booth and tried to help the victim.
"If someone can be saved, you have to do what you have to do," Legree, a 21-year employee with the MTA, told the News. But Han couldn't be saved -- a tragic fact that had Legree struggling with a range of emotions and questions more than a day after the man's death.
HOW SHAMEFUL

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Dec 6, 2012
People were too busy snapping pictures and never even offered a hand to save Mr Han from the oncoming train.

This is America.
HOW SHAMEFUL

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Dec 6, 2012
Mr Han died because not one person of hundreds, lifted a finger to help him.
HOW SHAMEFUL

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Dec 6, 2012
THEY WATCHED HIM DIE

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Dec 6, 2012
t's interesting, while I dont believe that this guy intended to kill him - I do believe that when he shoved him hard enough to go onto the tracks he knew full well the result of his actions.

Then he chose to do nothing, but watch, and then walk away.

Sociopath in my book.

and of course, he wasnt the only person within distance of being able to help this man - and everyone else, too, just stood and watched....some took pictures of the dead man on the tracks afterwards with their phones.

"the guy who took the photo that he then sold to the Post - claims he was too far away to do anything other than snap random pictures to get the train operators attn.

I dont know how you sell that photo and expect people to believe that you were doing anything other than taking great advantage of someone elses misfortune, I mean, had he helped the guy - he wouldnt have gotten that great shot.

we live in a sick sick world"
HE DIDNT HAVE TO DIE

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Dec 6, 2012
"I would rather try and fail then to have stood by and watched a man die."
HE DIDNT HAVE TO DIE

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Dec 6, 2012
"People who stood by and didn't try to help this guy should get in some sort of trouble; primarily the guy taking the photos. They won't though, but it will forever haunt them that they could have saved this man's life instead they stood and watched."
Drgunzet

Meridian, ID

#8 Dec 6, 2012
I went to High School in America. We were taught to not jumping into action if were were not trained for. So, perhaps the people were not trained for pulling the man from the track. They stayed out of trouble.

If they did not handle the situation right, they could be pulled down and into the track too.

How is it compared to the Chinese ignored the bleeding Chinese toddler lying in blood. There was no danger in helping the little child. You won't get pulled down to the track. There was absolutely no danger. Why there was no Chinese helping that little child?(The child died.)

I say the Chinese people are a lot worse.
HEART OF DARKNESS

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Dec 6, 2012
How do you sleep at night?!
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#10 Dec 6, 2012
Drgunzet wrote:
I went to High School in America. We were taught to not jumping into action if were were not trained for. So, perhaps the people were not trained for pulling the man from the track. They stayed out of trouble.
If they did not handle the situation right, they could be pulled down and into the track too.
How is it compared to the Chinese ignored the bleeding Chinese toddler lying in blood. There was no danger in helping the little child. You won't get pulled down to the track. There was absolutely no danger. Why there was no Chinese helping that little child?(The child died.)
Your logic is based on a U.S. high school education. Figures.
old china

Chengdu, China

#11 Dec 6, 2012
Drgunzet wrote:
All it takes is for somebody to extend a hand and pull. There is no excuse not to try. You don't require a training course. The fact that you live in a country claiming to be the most advanced in the world only makes the failure to respond more apparent.

It should be an instinctive reaction to extend a helping hand but this simple act of humanity is seemingly it is something lacking in both China and the USA and not just these countries. My best guess is that it is a big city issue where everybody is a stranger, a potential threat, and nobody identifies with the face they see in front of them.
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#12 Dec 6, 2012
Drgunzet, this VN along with his buddies SpongeBob, Cow Dung, Clarksville et al are very sick.
Drgunzet

Meridian, ID

#13 Dec 7, 2012
old china wrote:
<quoted text>
All it takes is for somebody to extend a hand and pull. There is no excuse not to try. You don't require a training course. The fact that you live in a country claiming to be the most advanced in the world only makes the failure to respond more apparent.
It should be an instinctive reaction to extend a helping hand but this simple act of humanity is seemingly it is something lacking in both China and the USA and not just these countries. My best guess is that it is a big city issue where everybody is a stranger, a potential threat, and nobody identifies with the face they see in front of them.
There was the attacker still lurking on the platform. If anyone came to extend a helping hand, the attacker might throw the person down the track as well.
Drgunzet

Meridian, ID

#14 Dec 7, 2012
Snowflake wrote:
Drgunzet, this VN along with his buddies SpongeBob, Cow Dung, Clarksville et al are very sick.
Hey, you vouched for me once as Chinese when I disclosed my research and practice of Dim Mak. So now I am no longer Chinese?

You show treacherous behavior and make other Chinese look bad. This is why other races hate the Chinese. The Whites love me and said I should have been born a German. I was born with German honor and superiority.

If someone asked, "You are an Asian, your peeeenis is smaller and shorter than the typical White male's peeeenis right?" I would, "Yes it is. I am not happy about that but yes it is."

When I was 21-22 year old, in college I dated a Thai student. She said that I was too poor (I had a job offer as an engineer in my hands). Her dad was a Thai cement tycoon. I agreed to her immediately, "My salary is pretty good in America, but relatively to your father's wealth, I am poor. I agree with you."

She revealed to me that her dad has already arranged a rich Thai guy to fly to America to meet and marry her. I asked her to let me fight a hand combat to prove her the guy did not love her. To address her concern about the violence, I told her that I would let the guy win the fight. It's not about winning or losing, I only want to show her the guy will not fight.

I already disclosed to her that I was the best Karate student in school, a Bruce Lee reborn. But I was willing to take risk and lose the fight just to prove a point. Clearly I have German logic and superiority. A typical Chinese would never do this.

You should know that Bruce Lee was 25% German and 75% Chinese.

Chinese like you are the filth, the evil that cause other people to hate the Chinese. You live in America and play the game pretending to be pro-America but I know your treacherous type. Leave America. America will not want your treacherous kinds here.
attila the Han

Helensvale, Australia

#15 Dec 7, 2012
Drgunzet wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you vouched for me once as Chinese when I disclosed my research and practice of Dim Mak. So now I am no longer Chinese?
You show treacherous behavior and make other Chinese look bad. This is why other races hate the Chinese. The Whites love me and said I should have been born a German. I was born with German honor and superiority.
If someone asked, "You are an Asian, your peeeenis is smaller and shorter than the typical White male's peeeenis right?" I would, "Yes it is. I am not happy about that but yes it is."
When I was 21-22 year old, in college I dated a Thai student. She said that I was too poor (I had a job offer as an engineer in my hands). Her dad was a Thai cement tycoon. I agreed to her immediately, "My salary is pretty good in America, but relatively to your father's wealth, I am poor. I agree with you."
She revealed to me that her dad has already arranged a rich Thai guy to fly to America to meet and marry her. I asked her to let me fight a hand combat to prove her the guy did not love her. To address her concern about the violence, I told her that I would let the guy win the fight. It's not about winning or losing, I only want to show her the guy will not fight.
I already disclosed to her that I was the best Karate student in school, a Bruce Lee reborn. But I was willing to take risk and lose the fight just to prove a point. Clearly I have German logic and superiority. A typical Chinese would never do this.
You should know that Bruce Lee was 25% German and 75% Chinese.
Chinese like you are the filth, the evil that cause other people to hate the Chinese. You live in America and play the game pretending to be pro-America but I know your treacherous type. Leave America. America will not want your treacherous kinds here.
american education is great, but sometimes it produces dr fumanchu. you should retreat to a basement in chinatown.
DESPICABLE

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Dec 7, 2012
Drgunzet wrote:
<quoted text>
There was the attacker still lurking on the platform. If anyone came to extend a helping hand, the attacker might throw the person down the track as well.
A coward dies a thousand deaths.
Drgunzet

Meridian, ID

#17 Dec 7, 2012
DESPICABLE wrote:
<quoted text>
A coward dies a thousand deaths.
There is a Welsh proverb, "It's easy to be brave behind the castle's wall."

I am going to update that proverb, "It's easy to be brave behind the internet."

I'll be frank with you. You are Chinese, chance is you are a coward. Only coward people like you to allow the huge mass of billion people ruled/dictated by so few. In contrast, I have German honor and superiority. There is no way 1 billion German would ever be rule by a few.
attila the Han

Australia

#18 Dec 7, 2012
Drgunzet wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a Welsh proverb, "It's easy to be brave behind the castle's wall."
I am going to update that proverb, "It's easy to be brave behind the internet."
I'll be frank with you. You are Chinese, chance is you are a coward. Only coward people like you to allow the huge mass of billion people ruled/dictated by so few. In contrast, I have German honor and superiority. There is no way 1 billion German would ever be rule by a few.
fumanchu go back to india. america don't want you.
Drgunzet

Meridian, ID

#20 Dec 8, 2012
I have just read more news. The Korean victim's wife said about her husband: He has been arguing with her and drinking too.

If I see a drunk in some kind of trouble, I would be very reluctant to help. You never know what a drunk would do to you.

I don't know if the Korean guy was drunk at the time of the incident. But know this, the Chinese will jump into the incident disregard any facts so that they can demonize America, so that China does not look so bad.

Remember the incident a 2-year old Chinese toddler got ran over by a Chinese van and let lying in blood. Other Chinese passer by did not help. There was absolutely not threat, no reason not to help. That's pure Chinese evil.
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Delta, Canada

#21 Dec 8, 2012
Drgunzet wrote:
I have just read more news. The Korean victim's wife said about her husband: He has been arguing with her and drinking too.
If I see a drunk in some kind of trouble, I would be very reluctant to help. You never know what a drunk would do to you.
I don't know if the Korean guy was drunk at the time of the incident. But know this, the Chinese will jump into the incident disregard any facts so that they can demonize America, so that China does not look so bad.
Remember the incident a 2-year old Chinese toddler got ran over by a Chinese van and let lying in blood. Other Chinese passer by did not help. There was absolutely not threat, no reason not to help. That's pure Chinese evil.
you are a fcuken retard... this has been gone over before...

Chinese people didnt help because they could have been charged with a crime of killing the toddler for simply running to her aid...

those americans stood there waiting for the train to run over the guy...

while both cases are tragic

I wish it was you... at the bottom of those tracks..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News China's growth sucks in more debt bucks for les... 3 hr CHINA CRASH 1
News Vladivostok lures Chinese - many of whom think ... 3 hr CHINAs LANDS 2
News 25 years on, no fading of Tiananmen wounds, ideals (May '14) 3 hr JUNE FOURTH MASSACRE 110
News Sun Yat-sen's 150th birth anniversary marked in... 11 hr Ainu 6
News Analysis: South China Sea ruling has so far fue... Jul 23 Go Blue Forever 3
News China Expands Naval Power to Waters U.S. Dominates (Apr '10) Jul 23 Go Blue Forever 3,286
why are chinese ugly? (Aug '13) Jul 22 Passersby 10
More from around the web