Racist Depiction Prompts Los Angeles ...

Racist Depiction Prompts Los Angeles Hospital to Investigate

Posted in the China Forum

WELCOME TO AMERICA

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Sep 13, 2012
Racist display prompts investigation at Los Angeles-area hospital
An investigation is underway after a doll with its face painted black was left hanging from a post at Kaiser Hospital in Riverside, Calif., where several African American employees work.

By Yvonne Beltzer and Craig Fiegenrer, NBCLosAngeles.com
Kaiser Hospital Riverside in Southern California is investigating what appears to be a racist display directed at several African-American employees who work in the hospital’s IT Department.
The staffers said they work in an area that is restricted to employees only, so when Xavier Fields arrived for work, he was shocked to find a doll with a racial slur across its chest hanging from a post near his work station.
This story originally appeared on NBCLosAngeles.com .
"It’s somebody who works within. It’s a locked area. You don’t go back there," Fields said.

The doll had its face painted black and was dangling from a rope around its neck.
"You’re not sure what to think. I got a supervisor and I let them know what’s going on," said colleague Tyree Hale.
The employees said they did not see signs that their complaint launched an immediate investigation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli Blockade Dims Hopes For Gazans To Trave... 18 hr Stephany McDowell 1
a labor movement in china! now! (Jun '14) Tue Tony 49
News China needs to urgently transform its economy: ... Mon Stephany McDowell 1
News As Obama heads to Laos, signs of a tilt away fr... Mon SirPrize 1
Muslims needed in Santa Cruz ca.-nazi junkie sc... Sun Mr insurance dedu... 1
Stereotypes of Chinese people (May '14) Aug 28 Punta 44
Are Chinese Barbaric? (Nov '07) Aug 24 Jynxie 693
More from around the web