Obama says he's not giving up on Mideast peace

Mar 21, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: thenorthwestern.com

President Barack Obama on Thursday urged Israelis and Palestinians to get back to peace talks but offered no new ideas on how they might do so, essentially abandoning his previous support of the Palestinian demand for Israel to halt settlement activity before negotiations resume.

Comments
1 - 20 of 41 Comments Last updated Mar 24, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Eleanor

Mundelein, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Encouraging words from the Nobel Peace Prize winner!

Unfortunately, he had "no new ideas on how they might do so".

Unless he can bring something to the table, his words are just more EMPTY rhetoric.

<nothing new here; move along>

<LOL>

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Everyone should give up on it.

There will be no peace until one side or the other has been wiped out.
Black pro-Palestine

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

I give Obama props at least for speaking out for what is right. It was a moving speech. It seems you can't be an American politician unless you are a demagogue who tells the Zionists only what they want to hear. Obama did the opposite which was encouraging.

Not only Israelis but also the whole world should put itself in Palestinians shoes and see their suffering from their perspectives.
AntiMelting

New Richmond, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Black pro-Palestine wrote:
I give Obama props at least for speaking out for what is right. It was a moving speech. It seems you can't be an American politician unless you are a demagogue who tells the Zionists only what they want to hear. Obama did the opposite which was encouraging.
Not only Israelis but also the whole world should put itself in Palestinians shoes and see their suffering from their perspectives.
Screw Palestine.
ana

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Black pro-Palestine wrote:

Well it's just said on bbc news that he doesn't oppose to Israelis building illegal settlements on Palestinian territory...

“Concerned in Tennessee”

Since: Dec 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Eleanor wrote:
Encouraging words from the Nobel Peace Prize winner!
Unfortunately, he had "no new ideas on how they might do so".
Unless he can bring something to the table, his words are just more EMPTY rhetoric.
<nothing new here; move along>
<LOL>
You mean like all the lack of ideas and "empty rhetoric" from the Presidents that came before him for the last 50 years?

They all do that song and dance about peace in the middle east. It means nothing.

“Concerned in Tennessee”

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it's just said on bbc news that he doesn't oppose to Israelis building illegal settlements on Palestinian territory...
There is no such thing ad "Palestinian territory." There never will be. There would be peace if they "Palestinians" would just suck it up and leave Israelis territory. Perhaps they could cross the boarder into one of the neighboring countries that practice Islam and build a new life for themselves? No, they would rather live in squalor and fight like terrorists.

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

President Obama has accomplished so many great things in his first term alone that most Americans have no doubt that he will be the 1 to broker a peace deal between Israel and Palestine... The death of Osama bin Laden proved that President Obama can do anything.

Athens, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
President Obama has accomplished so many great things in his first term alone that most Americans have no doubt that he will be the 1 to broker a peace deal between Israel and Palestine... The death of Osama bin Laden proved that President Obama can do anything.
Yeah right, bozo. They're fighting amongst each other more than ever...three books now by military personel involved with obl's killing credit Bush with creating the poliicies AND leads that found obl. All your messiah did was say, Uh, OK...I guess we'll do it..after thinking about it for 16 fkn hours.
ana

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

TN Reader wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such thing ad "Palestinian territory." There never will be. There would be peace if they "Palestinians" would just suck it up and leave Israelis territory. Perhaps they could cross the boarder into one of the neighboring countries that practice Islam and build a new life for themselves? No, they would rather live in squalor and fight like terrorists.
There is Palestinian territory there has been before the creation of Israel and there will always be after the creation of Israel

I find your other statements juvenile and primative

Bye
ana

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Osama Bin laden was like a cartoon character
LOVE CHINA DESTROY CCP

Surrey, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
I don't know about "anything", but he's a lot more competent and capable than the other guy with his "mission accomplished" sign laughed at worldwide and his inability to even locate Bin Laden after six years of trying.

Obama is a HUGE improvement over eight years of expensive Republican failure in foreign policy!

Plus, his wife is HOT!
Eleanor

Mundelein, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Obama authorizing Navy Seals to assassinate Osama is a whole lot less complicated than attempting to broker a peace deal between two groups who have been at each other's throats for a very, very LONG time!

Not even your beloved "Messiah" can pull that off ....

“It's Time to Defeat Terrorism ”

Since: May 11

NYC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Thanks the Lord for Obama who proved to be great American president and the best speaker in US history and Israel's history who loves the Jewish state and the Jewish people place in Tikun Olam for the world. Obama felt at home at Jerusalem among the Israel students that adored him when he praised the Jews achievements and their amazing history of four thousand years that started as slaves in Egypt. The great charismatic President Obama who proved to be a great friend of Israel and the Jewish people that gave him very warm and loving welcome. Obama felt like at home in Jerusalem surrounded by Jews that showed their appreciation to the American president and the great country that he represents. With the anarchy and chaos in the Arab state all around Israel where tens of innocent women and children are murdered daily as one Mozlem Brother terrorists group fights others on sectarian basis, Obama realized that he can feel safe only in Israel which proved to be the best ally of America in the Middle East and Northern Africa. American aircrafts and ships are welcomed in Israel but they could be in danger in the Arab states that fell under control of terrorist sponsoring Mozlem Brother regime. Obama aims at getting the support and friendship of the Israeli people in addition to getting support of Netanyahu for his plans to stop the Iranian nukes.
ana

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Jeff Brightone wrote:
Thanks the Lord for Obama who proved to be great American president and the best speaker in US history and Israel's history who loves the Jewish state and the Jewish people place in Tikun Olam for the world. Obama felt at home at Jerusalem among the Israel students that adored him when he praised the Jews achievements and their amazing history of four thousand years that started as slaves in Egypt. The great charismatic President Obama who proved to be a great friend of Israel and the Jewish people that gave him very warm and loving welcome. Obama felt like at home in Jerusalem surrounded by Jews that showed their appreciation to the American president and the great country that he represents. With the anarchy and chaos in the Arab state all around Israel where tens of innocent women and children are murdered daily as one Mozlem Brother terrorists group fights others on sectarian basis, Obama realized that he can feel safe only in Israel which proved to be the best ally of America in the Middle East and Northern Africa. American aircrafts and ships are welcomed in Israel but they could be in danger in the Arab states that fell under control of terrorist sponsoring Mozlem Brother regime. Obama aims at getting the support and friendship of the Israeli people in addition to getting support of Netanyahu for his plans to stop the Iranian nukes.
What propagated tripe ..
justice

Guildford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Well done Ana go for it.
LOVE CHINA DESTROY CCP

Surrey, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Well done Ana go for it.
Yes, you have a real talent for writing fiction, "ana"!

Of course in the real world the BBC said the complete opposite:

"Speaking in Ramallah after talks with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, Mr Obama said settlement activity was "not appropriate for peace".

from:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news /world-middle-east-21872408

....and your lie is a bit weak as you don't even bother to provide a link...but of course that would expose your lie! Pretty much a rookie effort.

Perhaps Children's Literature is the best format for your "creativity"? They won't call you on your bullshiht.....

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
ana

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

LOVE CHINA DESTROY CCP wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you have a real talent for writing fiction, "ana"!

Of course in the real world the BBC said the complete opposite:

"Speaking in Ramallah after talks with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, Mr Obama said settlement activity was "not appropriate for peace".

from:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news /world-middle-east-21872408

....and your lie is a bit weak as you don't even bother to provide a link...but of course that would expose your lie! Pretty much a rookie effort.

Perhaps Children's Literature is the best format for your "creativity"? They won't call you on your bullshiht.....

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Quite following me juvenile

Here is what the bbc states on their iphone app

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-218...

Now go and do one and go away I am really bored of you I am not an infant and will surpass you each and every time, mummy is calling you for your dinner....

Earlier in Ramallah, he urged Palestinians to drop their demand for a freeze in Israeli settlement building.

Mr Obama's three-day visit to Israel and the West Bank is his first as president.

His speech - at Jerusalem's convention centre and addressed to the Israeli public - recounted the history of the Jewish people, and stressed, as he has done throughout his visit, the close bond between Israel and the US.
LOVE CHINA DESTROY CCP

Surrey, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite following me juvenile
Here is what the bbc states on their iphone app
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-218...
Now go and do one and go away I am really bored of you I am not an infant and will surpass you each and every time, mummy is calling you for your dinner....
Earlier in Ramallah, he urged Palestinians to drop their demand for a freeze in Israeli settlement building.
Mr Obama's three-day visit to Israel and the West Bank is his first as president.
His speech - at Jerusalem's convention centre and addressed to the Israeli public - recounted the history of the Jewish people, and stressed, as he has done throughout his visit, the close bond between Israel and the US.
Yes, you are a petulant child when caught in an obvious and infantile lie,"ana".

Here is the full passage from the BBC (not paraphrased with adolescent "modifications" such as you engage in);

"Mr Obama has previously backed that view and told reporters in Ramallah on Thursday that "we do not consider continued settlement activity to be constructive, to be appropriate, to be something that can advance the cause of peace".

But he added: "If the expectation is that we can only have direct negotiations when everything is settled ahead of time, then there is no point for negotiations.""

A perfectly valid point but obviously not at all what you are desperately pretending it is!

CUTE how your arrogant insults get more aggressive as your argument is trashed and you are proven to be a liar!

I mean that, really CUTE!

FUNNY TOO!
ana

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

LOVE CHINA DESTROY CCP wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you are a petulant child when caught in an obvious and infantile lie,"ana".

Here is the full passage from the BBC (not paraphrased with adolescent "modifications" such as you engage in);

"Mr Obama has previously backed that view and told reporters in Ramallah on Thursday that "we do not consider continued settlement activity to be constructive, to be appropriate, to be something that can advance the cause of peace".

But he added: "If the expectation is that we can only have direct negotiations when everything is settled ahead of time, then there is no point for negotiations.""

A perfectly valid point but obviously not at all what you are desperately pretending it is!

CUTE how your arrogant insults get more aggressive as your argument is trashed and you are proven to be a liar!

I mean that, really CUTE!

FUNNY TOO!
Read the link I sent to you , I am not a child nor petulant I am a 28 year old woman.... Please run away from me and do not come back

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Us Fda 'stamp of approval' testament to WuXi's ... 7 hr 010-111 exam torr... 3
china and the rest of the brics showed put sa... 11 hr McGold 4
Japanese government honours war criminals again 12 hr Russian Ainu 11
China criticises Japan's move to expand... 14 hr GOLDSTONE REPORT 225
america wants trouble -possible war with china 16 hr why so sad be happy 1
Lying Down With Dogs 23 hr Faith 7
world look down upon China (Jan '13) Thu Wake 85

Search the China Forum:
•••