Posted in the China Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 08

Dalian, China

#1 Jul 30, 2008
I am so angry, see what happened in Yi'nan town, Linyi City,Shandong Province:

the local government want to build a provincal-level road, they told to the residents that they should remove and the houses will be collaped very soon, even without giving any land to rebuild their house.

the farmers did not agree if there is no money compensation, then the government lied to them,said the government will give them 60 percent if all things in their house, after the house and ouside wall are collaped, the remaining 40 percent will be given.

however, let us see what they do:

1,all houses are collaped, the remaining 40percent did not give them even 2 months passes, and the rebuild land still no hope,
some of farmer even sleeped outside, on the road.

2, conpensation of mulberries for silkworms is about 3600 RMB per Mu(chinese unit, 667 square meters)according to provincal government, however, to government of town, they said,moeny is 800RMB per Mu,

3, util now, there is no answer even farmers everyday go to government for rebuild land and compensation.

you know, i am a little worry to be arrested.

I love my country, How can I love the government? pls give me a reason,

i saw several chinese here, come and discuss.

Since: Mar 08

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Jul 30, 2008
Is the promise delivered on paper rather just verbal? If so, go hire a lawyer and sue the township.

Do note that if the compensation is paid in full, then no land would be allocated by the government for rebuild since one would expect the farmers to acquire that with the given compensation on their own.
yinchang

Shenyang, China

#3 Jul 30, 2008
Zsari wrote:
Do note that if the compensation is paid in full, then no land would be allocated by the government for rebuild since one would expect the farmers to acquire that with the given compensation on their own.
maybe it is difficult for you to understand chinese land policy.

all land belongs to government, not personal, so if the farmers want to rebuild their house, they have to wait for land bureau to allocate. the compensation is just for buildings,land not included.

sue them, where to go? to court in the town, or in province, they all belong to government, they all have relationships
GLOBAL IDIOTS

Spencer, MA

#4 Jul 30, 2008
All world governments have their evil agendas!

Shenzhen, China

#5 Jul 30, 2008
Give me a link of the news please.

all the badger hat of government should be feed shark..
yinchang

Shenyang, China

#7 Jul 31, 2008
Kylin wrote:
Give me a link of the news please.
all the badger hat of government should be feed shark..
link? no one report this, my parents and all villagers are there, they are just farmers, they do not what to do and how to do, they even do not know internet, it just a town.
Avenger

Moreno Valley, CA

#8 Jul 31, 2008
yinchang wrote:
<quoted text>
link? no one report this, my parents and all villagers are there, they are just farmers, they do not what to do and how to do, they even do not know internet, it just a town.
That's the problem with an underdeveloped country rule by a one party state. The CCP can make whatever rule they want to because there is no constraint to their power. In the West, we have a written constitution which everyone is supposed to obey. It is definable and clear. In China, the system does not even recognize clear property rights yet. Yes, it's terrible the powerful which means the CCP can do whatever they want to whether it is lawful or unlawful. China will need to evolve into a higher order some day.
Digusted

Fairfield, Australia

#9 Jul 31, 2008
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the problem with an underdeveloped country rule by a one party state. The CCP can make whatever rule they want to because there is no constraint to their power. In the West, we have a written constitution which everyone is supposed to obey. It is definable and clear. In China, the system does not even recognize clear property rights yet. Yes, it's terrible the powerful which means the CCP can do whatever they want to whether it is lawful or unlawful. China will need to evolve into a higher order some day.
This is a good rational post in encouraging changes rather than the usual negative criticisms. I agree in encouragement and positive comments like this one but not destructive rhetorics. Peace!

Guangzhou, China

#10 Jul 31, 2008
yinchang wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can do sth to help them.
You know how to do, you know more knowledges than farmers

My suggestion is to ask the TV broadcast to exposure them.

Not all the workers in government is putrescent,also not all the media is controled be the government
you can try it.

Pompano Beach, FL

#11 Jul 31, 2008
yinchang wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe it is difficult for you to understand chinese land policy.
all land belongs to government, not personal, so if the farmers want to rebuild their house, they have to wait for land bureau to allocate. the compensation is just for buildings,land not included.
sue them, where to go? to court in the town, or in province, they all belong to government, they all have relationships
Of course you can sue the government. Do you know that the majority of cases against the government in China actually were awarded to the plaintiff?

Land belongs to the government, but those reside on it has full rights of usage. Appropriation must be compensated. And regardless, the promise by the township if made on paper constitutes a written contract which is legally binding.
Mirolyuba

Burnaby, Canada

#12 Jul 31, 2008
It is pointless filing a lawsuit. There is no such thing as rule of law in China. They will just bar your claim.

You will all have to suffer in enforced silence, while the corrupt cadres take everything you have and destroy your lives. Just like millions of others all over China.

Poor China! At the mercy of its gangster government, and its people with no hope of ever living in a just society.

Pompano Beach, FL

#13 Jul 31, 2008
Debunking Myths about China's Legal System
by Steven Dickinson

Myth No.1: There are no laws in China.

If anything, China has too many laws. Between 1979 and 1983, China promulgated 4,119 laws and regulations, and a further 37,775 between 1996 and 2000. Then the dam broke. In the five-year period from 2001 to 2004, 94,288 laws and regulations were promulgated in China, almost triple the previous five-year period. The pace of Chinese legislation continues at a breathtaking speed, with 2006 seeing the adoption of a property code, individual and corporate tax codes, a labor contract law and an anti-monopoly law. As it now stands, virtually every area of business life in China is covered by a modern statute or regulation.

Myth No.2: There are few lawyers and they are poorly educated.

In 1981, there were only 6,218 lawyers admitted to practice in China. Since there were no legal departments in any of the major Chinese universities, many of these lawyers were poorly trained. By 2005, the number of admitted lawyers had grown to 114,471. Though the number of lawyers is far less than the highly over-lawyered US, it compares favorably with European countries like England, Germany, Italy and Spain, where the number of lawyers ranges from 120,000 to 150,000. Japan has only about 22,000 and Korea about 12,000. The level of education for members of the bar has also improved, with 100% having a post high school education and 54% having college or higher degrees with a specialization in law.

Myth No.3: There are few judges and they are poorly educated.

China has worked especially hard at improving the quantity and quality of its judiciary. In 1987, there were 117,647 judges in China, but only 17% of those judges had received a post high school education. By 2000, this was up to 100%. By 2004, there were 190,961 judges, probably more than any other country in the world.(According to the crime statistics section at Nationmaster.com , there are 67,994 judges in Russia, 29,023 in the US, 6,774 in France and 3,019 in Japan.)

Myth No.4: The laws adopted are meaningless because Chinese people file few lawsuits.

China has seen a tremendous increase in the number of civil lawsuits. In 1981, 1,179,388 decisions were rendered in cases of first instance in China. By 2004, the number had increased to 5,625,310 decisions, up 377%. Meanwhile, the number of mediated civil disputes declined from 7,805,400 in 1981 to 4,414,233 in 2004. Civil disputes formally decided in accordance with the law totaled 10,039,543.

Myth No.5: Chinese statutes are intentionally vague and there is no guidance on interpretation from commentary or case law.

China is a civil law country, and every statute assumes a large body of unstated civil law theory from official and academic commentary. Further, China’s Supreme Court publishes important explanatory comments and cases every year. Fully annotated cases on virtually every major statute are available in large bookstores, but they are usually in Chinese only. For a common law lawyer to try to understand Chinese statutes merely by reading the English language translation is an exercise in futility.

In dealing with China, it is critical to understand the facts. We should not make China an even more difficult place to conduct business by perpetuating stale, old myths that can lead business people to make costly mistakes.
Mirolyuba

Burnaby, Canada

#14 Jul 31, 2008
Truth number one.

The law in China is just another tool of the dictatorship to control and exploit its people.

These people have a real problem, and all you can provide is the usual propaganda crap.

There is only ONE line of all the laws in China that really means anything; The "leading role" of the Communist party in state and society as described in the "constitution"---all the rest is subject to the needs of the Communist Party at any time, and is thus meaningless and ineffectual.

Pompano Beach, FL

#15 Jul 31, 2008
These people have a real problem and all you can do is shouting your usual slogan and carrying out the usual attack. Pathetic.
Mirolyuba

Burnaby, Canada

#16 Jul 31, 2008
What they should do is speak to a foreign reporter.
It is their only hope.
Digusted

Fairfield, Australia

#17 Jul 31, 2008
Mirolyuba wrote:
It is pointless filing a lawsuit. There is no such thing as rule of law in China. They will just bar your claim.
You will all have to suffer in enforced silence, while the corrupt cadres take everything you have and destroy your lives. Just like millions of others all over China.
Poor China! At the mercy of its gangster government, and its people with no hope of ever living in a just society.
Don't agree! You hold an extreme view to say that China has no rule of law. There are rules, but some are not well implemented or deficient. The government is trying to improve the situation. It cannot be 100% perfect since most of them are new. One has to give them allowance to improve by encouragement with positive constructive comments. But not outright condemnation and negative rhethorics!
Mirolyuba

Burnaby, Canada

#18 Jul 31, 2008
Digusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't agree! You hold an extreme view to say that China has no rule of law. There are rules, but some are not well implemented or deficient. The government is trying to improve the situation. It cannot be 100% perfect since most of them are new. One has to give them allowance to improve by encouragement with positive constructive comments. But not outright condemnation and negative rhethorics!
You know they have no intention of truly reforming the legal system. It would be IMPOSSIBLE for the Chinese Communist Party to retain power without the manipulations, abuses and corruption. An honest and effective legal system would destroy them.

Do not mislead these poor people as you try to mislead your audience on this forum.

All the world can see that the promises of the CCP are all lies. So how will faith in false promises help them even one little bit in their difficulties; you know it won`t. They will grow old waiting for justice from the CCP.

Contact a foreign reporter; that`s their ONLY hope.

Long Island City, NY

#19 Jul 31, 2008
Mirolyuba wrote:
<quoted text>
You know they have no intention of truly reforming the legal system. It would be IMPOSSIBLE for the Chinese Communist Party to retain power without the manipulations, abuses and corruption. An honest and effective legal system would destroy them.
Lol. The rule of law what China is moving towards. An independent legal system is what keeps Singapore to maintain its authoritarian system and the dominance of ruling party. Corruption and abuses are what jeapordizes the exercise of government's rule, regulation and law.
Mirolyuba

Burnaby, Canada

#20 Jul 31, 2008
Zsari wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. The rule of law what China is moving towards. An independent legal system is what keeps Singapore to maintain its authoritarian system and the dominance of ruling party. Corruption and abuses are what jeapordizes the exercise of government's rule, regulation and law.
Ha Ha Ha!
That is SO funny!
And you say it like you believe it!
What a laugh!
Digusted

Fairfield, Australia

#21 Jul 31, 2008
Mirolyuba wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not mislead these poor people as you try to mislead your audience on this forum.
All the world can see that the promises of the CCP are all lies. So how will faith in false promises help them even one little bit in their difficulties; you know it won`t. They will grow old waiting for justice from the CCP.
Contact a foreign reporter; that`s their ONLY hope.
LOL . Now you accuse me of misleading other audience on this forum!!!!

You are the one misleading others with your rhetorics and nonsense in this forum. People can read all your misinformations and half truths and they all know it. Look like you are at it 24/7 nonstop except sleep time as if paid by someone full time to say what you have said! Are you telling the world that you can run China with 1.3 billion people with your pea size and confused brain?

Now now, don't start again calling/accusing me a red guard or working for CCP! I know your trick! I am not from that country and only a visitor and observer to that marvellous country. They have their problems and they will solve it their ways and certainly not your "ways"!

What is your motive in your incessant negative comments??? Please tell me and the rest of posters!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Germany's Merkel signals Japan could do more to... 10 hr WOMDRUCHAVAMIDEBD... 249
News Taipei's maverick mayor sparks backlash over Ch... 12 hr -TheExam- 31
News The Six Deadliest Earthquakes since 1950 Thu little notice 1
Poll Chinese girls likes Indian men and try to get s... (Oct '10) Apr 14 Rob 340
News China non-standard pressure vessel market value... Apr 14 Rose Henderson 1
Waterfall Wall Mount LED Bathroom Faucet Apr 13 Bradoa 1
Solid Brass Floor Standing Tub Faucet Apr 13 Bradoa 1
More from around the web