Gates says China moving fast on new weapons

In this Oct. 12, 2010, file photo U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates gestures as he walks past, from left, India's Defense Minister Shri AK Antony, China's Defense Minister Liang Guanglie, Cambodia's Defense Minister Tea Banh and Brunei's Deputy Defense Minister Mustappa Sirat on occasion of the first Association of Southeast Asian Nations Defense ... Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#1 Jan 9, 2011
lol...well one could fancy all sorets of knee jerk reactons from this.

In Vladimir Soloviev's little 92 page book entitled the Antichrist....why is it that there becomes a Pan Mongolism? And a unification against the Western Dog?

yo robber baron decendent CIA asset Gates. Ya want to come live as I do?

just sayin.... HAH

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#2 Jan 9, 2011
Ken Davis Waterfalls 6,004 Viewings - Zillie Falls Far North Queensland Australia

Shabaka

Germany

#3 Jan 9, 2011
New weapons such as the carrier killer Dong Feng 21D and the stealth bomber/fighter J-20.
vet

Toronto, Canada

#4 Jan 9, 2011
Sulman

Reading, UK

#5 Jan 9, 2011
lol @ Robert Gates

“It's 420 here.”

Since: Jun 07

cold comfort farm

#6 Jan 9, 2011
In the game of chess, China has won. Our money, along with effective espionage have permitted China to amass an arsenal of unknown proportions. That, and their muscle flexing in the region, and securing huge contracts for oil and minerals gives them an advantage that is detrimental to the rest of the world.
How they have done it is masterful, and what or how the rest of the world responds is unknown.
Disclosure

Bangkok, Thailand

#7 Jan 9, 2011
too droll to troll wrote:
In the game of chess, China has won. Our money, along with effective espionage have permitted China to amass an arsenal of unknown proportions. That, and their muscle flexing in the region, and securing huge contracts for oil and minerals gives them an advantage that is detrimental to the rest of the world.
How they have done it is masterful, and what or how the rest of the world responds is unknown.
It's not that simple. Just remember one basic rule of politics: NOTHING happens by chance. I believe that the ascendancy of China is being carefully managed, so don't believe all the hype.

“It's 420 here.”

Since: Jun 07

cold comfort farm

#8 Jan 10, 2011
Disclosure wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not that simple. Just remember one basic rule of politics: NOTHING happens by chance. I believe that the ascendancy of China is being carefully managed, so don't believe all the hype.
Point well taken. Are you suggesting David Rockerfeller has his sticky mitts in this? Afterall, NO dignitary, be they a King, PM or other titular head, comes to the US without first seeing Rocko.
Disclosure

Bangkok, Thailand

#9 Jan 10, 2011
too droll to troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Point well taken. Are you suggesting David Rockerfeller has his sticky mitts in this? Afterall, NO dignitary, be they a King, PM or other titular head, comes to the US without first seeing Rocko.
Well, sarcasm aside (thanks for reading my posts), people like Rockefeller definitely have a say-so in such things, but I hate being called a conspiract theorist, so I'll just say that I'm probably more right than I am wrong.

Pssst...hey...where's the Bilderburg meeting being held next year?
the american plague

Guangzhou, China

#10 Jan 10, 2011
considering the amount of terorist tactics that the u.s. dishes out, i can't blame China for moving fast on new weapons. either that or you end up like iraq with a quarter of its population dead. doesnt leave you with many choices does it? we all saw what hapend in korea, and viet nam.

“Protest / support the marchers”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#12 Jan 10, 2011
I agree that our military and political leadership is criminal in their treatment of other countries.
The American people are also to blame - they have always had the power to control their leaders but made excuses instead.
As a result, those leaders have turned against the American people whom they have absolutely no respect for.
Intelligent Americans have seen it coming for a long time. China will own and control the U.S. and I don't see any way out of this mess.
The only thing that does work is the New World Order.
Americans who are willing to fight to save their country need to read how at (next post)

Location hidden

#13 Jan 10, 2011
Disclosure

Bangkok, Thailand

#14 Jan 10, 2011
the american plague wrote:
considering the amount of terorist tactics that the u.s. dishes out, i can't blame China for moving fast on new weapons. either that or you end up like iraq with a quarter of its population dead. doesnt leave you with many choices does it? we all saw what hapend in korea, and viet nam.
I have no problems with the Chinese body politic. Every political system is flawed in some way or the other, and if the Chinese feel that communism is best for them then fine. However, I feel that the Chinese collectively prefer to be capitalists and traders, and if they can be so and thrive in a communist system then perhaps there will be no problems. The big question is whether or not the communist regime will centralise all the markets in the future, and my bet is that it will. If that happens (and I don't see any indication that it won't happen because it's happening everywhere else) then the Chinese will not find the "New China" as "harmonious" as they would like.
Disclosure

Bangkok, Thailand

#15 Jan 10, 2011
the american plague wrote:
It all boils down to money, infortunately. The Chinese are challenging the global economic system that is currently in place, and for that I have to say that I will be rooting for China. That "system" has all but destroyed the West, and China is doing the only thing that it can do and that is challenge it. Yes, there was some betrayal involved and China broke a few promises that must really anger the Western establishment, but all's fair game in the world of business and finance.
Disclosure

Bangkok, Thailand

#16 Jan 10, 2011
Protester wrote:
I agree that our military and political leadership is criminal in their treatment of other countries.
The American people are also to blame - they have always had the power to control their leaders but made excuses instead.
As a result, those leaders have turned against the American people whom they have absolutely no respect for.
Intelligent Americans have seen it coming for a long time. China will own and control the U.S. and I don't see any way out of this mess.
The only thing that does work is the New World Order.
Americans who are willing to fight to save their country need to read how at (next post)
Yes, that is one way of looking at it, but I draw the line when you say that China will "own" America. For them to try to do that might be possible but it would cause them to over-extend and they would have to overcome an American public determined to keep its sovereignty. Yes, they will strongly influence the US economically for years to come because of the hole the US has dug itself in, but it could be worse. If I had a choice, I'd actually rather be ruled by China than the current US political establishment, but that's just my opinion. In a more perfect world the American public would rise up and take back what's left of their country and then gradually counter the Chinese sphere of influence from American soil, but that's unlikely to happen. The Rus(Russians) used a similar tactic during and after the Mongol invasions, and the expulsion of Mongol rule and influence was a process that took years and there was little bloodshed involved. It was a gradually process where the Rus stopped paying tax "tributes" to the Mongolian rulers and simply stopped obeying Mongol authority. Quite effective and it worked.

Location hidden

#17 Jan 10, 2011
Disclosure wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that is one way of looking at it, but I draw the line when you say that China will "own" America. For them to try to do that might be possible but it would cause them to over-extend and they would have to overcome an American public determined to keep its sovereignty. Yes, they will strongly influence the US economically for years to come because of the hole the US has dug itself in, but it could be worse. If I had a choice, I'd actually rather be ruled by China than the current US political establishment, but that's just my opinion. In a more perfect world the American public would rise up and take back what's left of their country and then gradually counter the Chinese sphere of influence from American soil, but that's unlikely to happen. The Rus(Russians) used a similar tactic during and after the Mongol invasions, and the expulsion of Mongol rule and influence was a process that took years and there was little bloodshed involved. It was a gradually process where the Rus stopped paying tax "tributes" to the Mongolian rulers and simply stopped obeying Mongol authority. Quite effective and it worked.
I still worry about the Chinese leadership and whether they'll be belligerent, using threats to force us to do what they want. I could see them using the financial situation to keep us in debt to them, and forcing us to back off and stop aiding Israel.
I've spent a lot of time trying to convince Americans that their legislators have to be replaced with independents or Democrats. Instead they voted for conservatives who continue to fight for more tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans and fight against unemployment for the middle class.
I keep explaining that they have to organize and demand radical changes, but the overwhelming majority are still waiting for somebody else to fix the problems. They organize to fight each other, but not their worst enemies in Washington.
I'm confident that they'll figure it out -- the day after it's too late.
True

Malaysia

#18 Jan 10, 2011
The rise of China is inevitable just like the decline of the US is inevitable.

“Watch out for snakes!”

Since: Mar 08

Over There

#19 Jan 10, 2011
Wasn't it American leaders and businesses that were giving away weapons and application technology R&D to China years ago?

At the time I read about it, I remember thinking, if this would have happened 10 years ago then they would have been guilty of treason in the US
Shabaka

Germany

#20 Jan 10, 2011
Israel passed US military secrets to China since the 1990ies. And Chinese students and researchers in US colleges and companies were another factor.
Freddy Von Fringle wrote:
Wasn't it American leaders and businesses that were giving away weapons and application technology R&D to China years ago?
At the time I read about it, I remember thinking, if this would have happened 10 years ago then they would have been guilty of treason in the US
Sulman

Reading, UK

#21 Jan 10, 2011
Shabaka wrote:
<quoted text>Israel passed US military secrets to China since the 1990ies. And Chinese students and researchers in US colleges and companies were another factor.
israel was never a friend of china...that is not possible...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chinese exchange students fill empty nests 1 hr BrightonSA 2
China + Pakistan vs. India + Russia, who WINS? (May '13) 1 hr dothaed turd monkey 853
Indians are well-known RACIST anywhere!!! 1 hr Bollywood sucks 4
a labor movement in china! now! 3 hr Tony 39
China needs the Knights of Labor! (Sep '12) 3 hr Tony 31
Chinese people what do you feel about India? (Aug '10) 3 hr epep 941
The Chinese Mind 9 hr Fatboy 28
•••

China People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••