Peng Liyuan: beautiful singer and First Lady of China

Posted in the China Forum

Since: May 11

Aachen, Germany

#1 Nov 18, 2012
Peng Liyuan: First lady of China and beautiful Chinese Folk Song Singer

Peng Liyuan, born on November 20, 1962, is one of the top Chinese folk music singers, and a performer popularized by her regular appearances on the annual CCTV New Year's Gala. She has obtained many honors in singing competitions nationwide.

Her most famous works include People from our Village (父老& #20065;亲), Mount Chomolungma (珠穆& #26391;玛) and On the Plains of Hope (在希& #26395;的&#30000 ;野上). Peng Liyuan is a civilian member of China's People's Liberation Army and currently holds the civilian rank comparable to that of a major general.

Peng Liyuan (simplified Chinese: 彭丽&# 23195;; traditional Chinese: 彭麗&# 23195;; pinyin: Péng Lěyuán) is a native of Yuncheng County, Shandong. Peng joined the People's Liberation Army in 1980, when she was 18. She began as an ordinary soldier, although eventually with her vocal talent she began performing at PLA performances. Peng first performed nationally and came to fame during the earliest rendition of the CCTV New Year's Gala in 1982, when she performed On the Plains of Hope.

She graduated from the China Conservatory of Music in Beijing, holds both bachelor degree & master degree in traditional ethnic music from the institute.

Peng Liyuan is married to Xi Jinping (习近& #24179;) who is newly appointed as general secretary of CPC and will be Chinese president in March of 2013, which will make Peng Liyuan first lady of China. They have a daughter named Xi Mingze (习明& #27901;) born in 1992 and is now studying in Havard University.

Source: http://www.hugchina.com/china/pictures/sexy-c...
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#2 Nov 18, 2012
I have to admit.

I did like her in south park.

http://www.mojvideo.com/video-south-park-wing...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NA speaker inaugurates China-Pakistan Year of F... 13 min HAHAHAHA 2
obama in india 2 hr McGold 20
Japanese are racist, sexist, and arrogant (May '13) 7 hr angmor 327
Which race is the most greedy? (Jun '12) 7 hr angmor 40
Chinese national anthem is a provocation agains... 8 hr Russian Ainu 60
Counterfeit kitchenware items being sold by Rom... 13 hr bogey wrote 1
China to hold military parade to 'frighten Japan' 14 hr RayH 1
More from around the web