Philippines vows to defend territory, sovereignty

Jun 11, 2013 Full story: WATE-TV Knoxville 94

The father of the girlfriend of Edward Snowden described the leaker of national secrets as a shy and reserved man with convictions, but said Tuesday he's "still shocked" by the news about him.

Read more
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#1 Jun 12, 2013
good job. again? how?
Old Jew

San Francisco, CA

#2 Jun 12, 2013
Just stick to your own territory w/i the PH. As for the South China Seas, we like to see in the hands of the Chinese. We do not want changes, we are prospering with the Chinese.
TehO

Concord, CA

#3 Jun 12, 2013
Just defend your own territory, don't nick others such as South China Sea and Sabah
Indian

San Francisco, CA

#4 Jun 12, 2013
If China mess with you we will come to your aid and beat the heck out of China.
idiots united

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jun 12, 2013
Indian wrote:
If china fights the Philippines that would be the end of the Chinese economic and militaristic empire. They need to be broken so they will cease and never again be a threat to the world.
kurma

Australia

#6 Jun 12, 2013
let UNCLOS ruling
BaKuteH

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#7 Jun 12, 2013
UNCLOS or not pinoy would never touch Sabah, they can stay in their poor island
It is Amazing

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#8 Jun 12, 2013
idiots united wrote:
<quoted text> If china fights the Philippines that would be the end of the Chinese economic and militaristic empire. They need to be broken so they will cease and never again be a threat to the world.
LOL Really. Philippines is overestimating herself by my analysis because she believe USA will support her. My take is USA will not get involved but remained but armed Philippines to fight this war.
But due to the gap in the size and TECHNOLOGY between China and Philippines, Philippines have practically no chance.

EXAMPLE: Those USA retired "Hamilton" class cutters is more than 40 years old. On the other hand, most of China warships are equipped with VLC with the latest equipped with CCL MK57 with their JSIDLS -(Link 16 equivalent or better). At a supersonic speed of Mach 4.2 and guided by their own Beido Navigation System and not the civilian GPS. Not to mention their own J16 which can carried a payload of 12 tons in comparison to the 8 tons by SU30MKM-2 meaning these deadly fighter bomber can carried YJ91 or even the older KD63 ASHM. What about the UCAV which was used apart from USA to attack and captured the Mekong Killer?

That is why I have been repeating, Philippines will never even get to see their enemy.

Judging from the comments released by the hardcore Generals from China:- They says Philippines must be taught a lesson and the way I see it, it is already happening. The second 056 corvettes out of the 36 ships they intend to build specially for the South China Sea is commissioned a few days ago.

If the present Pinoy Administration had listen to ex-Philippines President Fidel Ramos, today Philippines will still enjoyed a great bilateral ties and Scarborough will be intact.(He scolded USA Sec of State for STOKING the region - He undersatnd the USA intention too well.) By following USA agenda, Philippines has destabilized its neutral stance and now China need to military secured all these island and shoals to ensure her own security.
That is why when I says ELEPHANTS fight, ants like (Philippines) get trample.

Vietnam is beginning to sense the danger and like Malaysia moved towards a BILATERAL relationship to settle their differences. The rest of ASEAN focus on expanding its trade relationship with China since it does not involved them.

The last time, they says that was in 1979 when they says "Vietnam will be punished and they did."

While China moved towards war in South China Sea with Philippines.

China and Vietnam moved closer in their BILATERAL RELATIONSHIP by setting up
a naval hotline. Vietnam has earlier arrested the 100 odd people after they stage a demonstration against China in Hanoi.

China, Vietnam set up naval hotline.

June 07, 2013

The defense ministries of China and Vietnam have agreed to establish a naval hotline, Hanoi's deputy defense minister said on Thursday.

Analysts said the move signals a stronger will for communication and cooperation between the two neighbors, whose ties have been strained by maritime disputes.

Nguyen Chi Vinh, Vietnam's deputy defense minister, said that despite the current controversies, a peaceful and secure maritime environment in the South China Sea should be nurtured by the military of both countries.

"Without a peaceful environment in the disputed waters, which is the basis for bilateral discussions, it would be a disaster for the two nations as well as for the region and the world," he said.

Nguyen, who was in Beijing for the seventh China-Vietnam consultation on defense and security, said Vietnam supports China's development instead of being concerned about it.

Experts welcomed the hotline, but said Beijing still needs to closely watch what measures Hanoi will take to guarantee peace and stability in the South China Sea.

While I do not advocate WAR in the region but I see ACTION by Philippines will only bring her that. ASEAN is wary and truly alarmed by the reckless actions taken by Philippines.
idiots united

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Jun 12, 2013
It is Amazing wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Really. Philippines is overestimating herself by my analysis because she believe USA will support her. My take is USA will not get involved but remained but armed Philippines to fight this war.
But due to the gap in the size and TECHNOLOGY between China and Philippines, Philippines have practically no chance.
EXAMPLE: Those USA retired "Hamilton" class cutters is more than 40 years old. On the other hand, most of China warships are equipped with VLC with the latest equipped with CCL MK57 with their JSIDLS -(Link 16 equivalent or better). At a supersonic speed of Mach 4.2 and guided by their own Beido Navigation System and not the civilian GPS. Not to mention their own J16 which can carried a payload of 12 tons in comparison to the 8 tons by SU30MKM-2 meaning these deadly fighter bomber can carried YJ91 or even the older KD63 ASHM. What about the UCAV which was used apart from USA to attack and captured the Mekong Killer?
That is why I have been repeating, Philippines will never even get to see their enemy.
Judging from the comments released by the hardcore Generals from China:- They says Philippines must be taught a lesson and the way I see it, it is already happening. The second 056 corvettes out of the 36 ships they intend to build specially for the South China Sea is commissioned a few days ago.
If the present Pinoy Administration had listen to ex-Philippines President Fidel Ramos, today Philippines will still enjoyed a great bilateral ties and Scarborough will be intact.(He scolded USA Sec of State for STOKING the region - He undersatnd the USA intention too well.) By following USA agenda, Philippines has destabilized its neutral stance and now China need to military secured all these island and shoals to ensure her own security.
Vietnam is beginning to sense the danger and like Malaysia moved towards a BILATERAL relationship to settle their differences. The rest of ASEAN focus on expanding its trade relationship with China since it does not involved them.
The last time, they says that was in 1979 when they says "Vietnam will be punished and they did."
a naval hotline. Vietnam has earlier arrested the 100 odd people after they stage a demonstration against China in Hanoi.
June 07, 2013
The defense ministries of China and Vietnam have agreed to establish a naval hotline, Hanoi's deputy defense minister said on Thursday.
Analysts said the move signals a stronger will for communication and cooperation between the two neighbors, whose ties have been strained by maritime disputes.
Nguyen Chi Vinh, Vietnam's deputy defense minister, said that despite the current controversies, a peaceful and secure maritime environment in the South China Sea should be nurtured by the military of both countries.
"Without a peaceful environment in the disputed waters, which is the basis for bilateral discussions, it would be a disaster for the two nations as well as for the region and the world," he said.
Nguyen, who was in Beijing for the seventh China-Vietnam consultation on defense and security, said Vietnam supports China's development instead of being concerned about it.
Experts welcomed the hotline, but said Beijing still needs to closely watch what measures Hanoi will take to guarantee peace and stability in the South China Sea.
While I do not advocate WAR in the region but I see ACTION by Philippines will only bring her that. ASEAN is wary and truly alarmed by the reckless actions taken by Philippines.
Why waste your time/energy if people already know what you would say? Idiot chink.
idiots united

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Jun 12, 2013
It is Amazing wrote:
<quoted text>
June 07, 2013
Oh great you wrote all that to lie and make propaganda about the 9 dash lie.
kerel

Australia

#11 Jun 12, 2013
idiots united wrote:
<quoted text> Why waste your time/energy if people already know what you would say? Idiot chink.
Im a caucasian but why are some of you americans always provoking fights?
those for peace will opose you stupid warmongers from usa
idiots united

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jun 12, 2013
kerel wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I didn't know I thought I was just trying to answer the nasty rich Chinese. You suppose we all start agreeing with them no matter what they do because they are the baddest biggest most powerful country in the world?
idiots united

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Jun 12, 2013
kerel wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans like don the american, amc, derek and many many more actually smooch to the Chinese because they just love to flock and identify with the rich powerful Chinese. It's human nature and the nature of power.
idiots united

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Jun 12, 2013
kerel wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and you're suppose to approve of the Chinese after all most of the Caucasians who post on this topix loves the very rich Chinese.
It is Amazing

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#15 Jun 12, 2013
idiots united wrote:
<quoted text> Why waste your time/energy if people already know what you would say? Idiot chink.
Your insult does not affect me at all. I am merely stating the facts.

I am a Malaysian, one who lived inside ASEAN. Tell me, who will know the regional politics better than us.

IMO USA should wages its war elsewhere maybe inside USA e.g. Washington.

China to ASEAN is a BIG NEIGHBOR and an OPPORTUNITY. She is ASEAN biggest TRADE PARTNER.

How China behaves will depend on how we treat her? USA "Asia pivotal" or TPP is all directed all China but do you see harsh response by China.

China merely expands her own trade agreement between individual states and has never interfere with USA TPP.

She just accelerated her own reaction to this by having more direct currencies exchange with the rest of the world. Now USA is really worry because like the way she oust the POUND, China RMB is doing the same.

Let me expand on the final part before I wrote as I ran out of space.

The reckless action taken so far by Philippines to provoke China or Taiwan has sent an ALARM BELL to ASEAN.

ASEAN need a peaceful environment and that is why their foreign ministers work so hard to for the signing of the agreement,“ The Maritime Conduct of the South China Sea”.

China who first moots the idea has now delayed the signing. Why?

My take is China is waiting to punish Philippines by recovering all the islands Philippines is occupying before she agreed to sign the agreement with the rest of ASEAN.

An action directed specifically at Philippines alone and why should ASEAN takes side.

Imagine China financing and building a USD17 billion power project or the USD4 billion Suluwesi project for Indonesia alone. They are not military projects, mind you.

Let says... Philippines has missed the GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY because of this STUPID USA returnee Aquino.
It is Amazing

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#16 Jun 12, 2013
idiots united wrote:
<quoted text> Americans like don the american, amc, derek and many many more actually smooch to the Chinese because they just love to flock and identify with the rich powerful Chinese. It's human nature and the nature of power.
Are you are a hardcore COMMUNIST?

2 Chinese Filipino today owns 6% of the entire Philippines wealth and is being WEALTHY a SIN?
It is Amazing

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#17 Jun 12, 2013
idiots united wrote:
<quoted text> Oh and you're suppose to approve of the Chinese after all most of the Caucasians who post on this topix loves the very rich Chinese.
So being INDEPENDENT and LOGICAL is a WRONG!

And the right thing is to organize MOB RULE and so you came in here day in and day out like that Mirotard to demonize people who you do not know or is living better than you.
It is Amazing

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#18 Jun 12, 2013
Indian wrote:
Rupee has just slide to a NEW record low and the Industrial output is its lowest at 2%.

What if:-

1. China for the first time declared their support for your 160 separatists groups e.g. Nagaland, Bodoland, Nexalite, Manipur, Khalistan, etc in India and convey the same message to India neighbour.

2. Send a message like you says, "If India messed around with you, China will come to your side."

3. Military China will response by placing 500 SRBM across the Himalaya and

4. China navy will now have an excuse for permanent presence in the Indian Ocean, that will makes India very secure and strong, right!

Strange logic by this character calling himself "Indian".

Did you says 98% of Indians in India are educated?

Hahahaha Let the others find out for themselves.
idiots united

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Jun 12, 2013
It is Amazing wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you are a hardcore COMMUNIST?
2 Chinese Filipino today owns 6% of the entire Philippines wealth and is being WEALTHY a SIN?
So how about Philippines historical claim and EEZ claim and what's with you chinks from Taiwan, Hongkong, Singapore, Canada, London Malaysia Australia? You just want the whole world for yourself now?
idiots united

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Jun 12, 2013
It is Amazing wrote:
<quoted text>
So being INDEPENDENT and LOGICAL is a WRONG!
And the right thing is to organize MOB RULE and so you came in here day in and day out like that Mirotard to demonize people who you do not know or is living better than you.
Yeah your chinks logic is working eh. You own the whole world eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Germany's Merkel signals Japan could do more to... 31 min Ainu 171
an indian pervert rapes a JAPANESE tourist in j... 3 hr Drgunzet 104
Poll Chinese girls likes Indian men and try to get s... (Oct '10) 3 hr How Barbaric 337
News Taipei's maverick mayor sparks backlash over Ch... Fri TehO 29
many filipina are slut, cheap, backstabber and (Jul '13) Thu Yea 9
News On This Day: People's Republic of China Replace... Mar 26 bobs56 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Mar 25 swedenforever 32
More from around the web