Everyone should help fight for democracy in China. The CCP's days are numbered
WESTERN IMPERIALISM

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Jan 14, 2013
The CIA will be happy.
atilla the Han

Australia

#3 Jan 14, 2013
China is a democracy, no need to reinvent wheels over and over again.
THE WEST IS DYING

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Jan 14, 2013
Taiwan has democracy. How's that working out?

Ahahahahahahhahahahahhaahahhah ahahahaha!
ASIA LATIN AFRO MID EAST

United States

#6 Jan 14, 2013
THE WEST IS DYING wrote:
West and Taiwan have a horizontal democracy and China is reaching out for And experimenting with Vertical democracy, an improved model.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7 Jan 14, 2013
THE WEST IS DYING wrote:

Very good actually

Location hidden

#8 Jan 14, 2013
atilla the Han wrote:
China is a democracy, no need to reinvent wheels over and over again.
That's a lie
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#9 Jan 14, 2013
China is more free than many other countries,#71 in prisoner per capita. Better than 90% of the Western counties.

Location hidden

#10 Jan 14, 2013
Snowflake wrote:
China is more free than many other countries,#71 in prisoner per capita. Better than 90% of the Western counties.
That has nothing to do with democracy dumbass

Location hidden

#11 Jan 14, 2013
Democracy for China!
old china

Chengdu, China

#12 Jan 15, 2013
Tasmaniac wrote:
<quoted text>
That has nothing to do with democracy dumbass
Well it is certainly true that democracy does not guarantee freedom. But Flaky has a valid point even if it's off-topic.

Location hidden

#14 Jan 15, 2013
old china wrote:
<quoted text>Well it is certainly true that democracy does not guarantee freedom. But Flaky has a valid point even if it's off-topic.
Actually the opposite is true of snowflake's statement. China has a police force that is more concerned with keeping people under control than actual policing. Yet that's more free?
old china

Chengdu, China

#16 Jan 15, 2013
Tasmaniac wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the opposite is true of snowflake's statement. China has a police force that is more concerned with keeping people under control than actual policing. Yet that's more free?
Just who are these people who get into trouble with the police? I have never met anyone (foreigner or Chinese) who has ever got into trouble with them in China. From my observations the police don't actually seek confrontation when quite clearly they could.

Location hidden

#17 Jan 15, 2013
old china wrote:
<quoted text>Just who are these people who get into trouble with the police? I have never met anyone (foreigner or Chinese) who has ever got into trouble with them in China. From my observations the police don't actually seek confrontation when quite clearly they could.
It seems to be journalists and whoever they think is a danger to the reign of the CCP
old china

Chengdu, China

#18 Jan 15, 2013
Tasmaniac wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to be journalists and whoever they think is a danger to the reign of the CCP
Ahh, those who seek and provoke deliberate confrontation! The rest of us prefer a quiet life and have little sympathy.

Meanwhile as a measure of freedom, China comes about 70th on the list of people by nation who have been locked up per capita (if my memory serves me correct). In my book that has got to make for a pretty tolerant society despite all these urban legends about the government ruling by the law of the gun. If you want gun law then you could do worse than go to the USA - 30,000 deaths annually.
attila the Han

Australia

#19 Jan 15, 2013
THE WEST IS DYING wrote:
fist fight and hair pulling in their parliament you mean?
attila the Han

Australia

#20 Jan 15, 2013
Tasmaniac wrote:
<quoted text>
oh dear, which part of our education failed you?

the police duties are:

crowd control.
trafic control.
damage control.
it's all about controooool!!!!!!!!!!
HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Jan 15, 2013
Tasmaniac wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good actually
Just like India's and Greece's democracy?

http://asiancorrespondent.com/91318/greek-pol...
HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH

Brooklyn, NY

#22 Jan 15, 2013
Greek Democracy;

“I thoought they might have been conmen wearing police clothes, they had t-shirts saying ‘Police’ in English,” he wrote. However, the actions of the police were totally unpredictable. One of the officers whom he had requested identification from punched him in the head.“I thought something was wrong with this situation,” he wrote. He cried for help.

But the other two officers also beat him on his face, stomach, and side with their fists and feet, then took his wallet as he lay on the ground. He said to them “why did you hit me?” and “I didn’t know you were police. I’m sorry”, but each time the officers beat him again. He wrote in the internet post that “while they were beating me I saw their guns and even thought that if I made a mistake they would shoot and kill me.”

The attack continued in the police station. Unable to hear well for a time, he was released after learning the address of the police. But when he asked other officers in the station where the exit was as he was leaving, they told him “Korean go home” and used racist expressions. He wrote that “actually the worst thing of all, worse than the beating, was when they used those racist words. It was extremely deep racism.”
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#23 Jan 15, 2013
No it is not off topic, in America ppl are thrown in jail at a rate seven times that of China, if you look at the record, sometimes human rights are violated. Ppl had been thrown in jail if they say that the holocaust is overblown or did not exist, or do not agree with a traffice violation citation given by law enforcement officer. Ppl were thrown in jail for protesting the Viet Nam War and the Iraq and Afghan Wars et al.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NA speaker inaugurates China-Pakistan Year of F... 1 hr TWISTED MUSLAMICs 10
obama in india 2 hr It is so Amazing 33
Chinese national anthem is a provocation agains... 2 hr It is so Amazing 68
Chinese tourists power-shopping in U.S. (Aug '13) 5 hr Adampowell 6
Chinese allies VS American Allies (Nov '09) 6 hr Henry 167
why india and pakistan hate china 17 hr Michael4991 24
Cruise down Li River offers picturesque views, ... Thu New China 2
More from around the web