|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

I found the following posting from another Topix thread:

[Your behavior over the Spratlys reminded me the behavior of your former first lady (Imelda Macros).

That is called "MINING". According to some wealthy upper class ladies of the Phillipines (who told the media after President Marcos stepped down), Mrs. Marcos loved to do "mining". As soon as she saw something her friends had, she said it's mine. The wealty women would have to give it to Mrs. Marcos.

You logic is the same today.

As of now and after I knew your behavior during and after the Manila tourist killing crisis, I have no respect but just contempt for the Phillipines.

Before all these happened, I have nothing against your country and people. In fact, I appreciated the services provided by Fillipino maids in Hong Kong.

So go on with your "mining" game! Good luck!]
Humour

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

Judged:

Agreed.

Funny but true.

Mining is a correct word for the flips.
WE RE ON TO YOU

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

Judged:

Flips have no long range goals for their future. That's why they're trying to steal these islands from China.
Peter Mgabe

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

I heard of this before.

I also think that many Filipinos behave this way.

Very greedy and dishonest!
Andrew the Observer

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

This is a good one:

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/china/TOKUO1...
ASIA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

General Shafter

US Field Commander during the Spanish-American War

It may be necessary to kill half the Fiippinos in order that the remaining half of the population may be advanced to a higher plane of life.

Chalmers Johnson, Sorrows of Empire, p39

In the United States, the first militarist tendencies appeared at the end of the nineteenth century. Before and during the Spanish-American War of 1898, the press was manipulated to whip up a popular war fever, while atrocities and war crimes committed by American forces in the Philippines were hidden from public view.

President Woodrow Wilson, 1901, in defense of the annexation of the Philippines
Dark Ages America
The Final Phase of Empire
by Morris Berman
WW Norton, 2006, paper, p81

The East is to be opened and transformed whether we will it or not; the standards of the West are to be imposed on it; nations and peoples which have stood still the centuries through ...[will be] made part of the universal world of commerce and of ideas.
ASIA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

General William Rufus Shafter, US. General in the Philippines, during the Spanish-American War, 1900

The Experts Speak
by Christopher Cerf and Victor Navasky

It may be necessary to kill half the Filipinos in order that the remaining half may be advanced to a higher plane of life than their present semi-barbarous state affords.
Jeff

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

*** Filipinos and Vietnam have deliberately ignored a lot of historical and legal facts in their disinformation campaign over South China Sea against China ***

Taiwan/Republic of China has made very consistent claims over the Paracels and Spratlys, and at the end of WW2, as a member of the victorious powers, ROC sent naval ships to accept many of these islands to resume sovereignty rights from the hands of the Japanese military. That is also made on the legitimate basis of the 9 section lines.

China maps with 9 section lines have been cited widely in old geography books or those in other subjects all over the world after WW2. Go to major university libraries and find some old American books.

Not only the allied powers did not object, and ROC's actions have won endorsement from them and there were no objection from any Asian countries.

All of the sudden with the finding of oil in the South China Sea, some countries opened their mouth to say these islands are "mine". All of the sudden, these people made such land claims ignoring their own constitutional documents and international treaties.

The famous 118 degree east longtitude line marks the territories of the Philippines as to the east. This border line was defined not only by several international treaties between Spain, USA, and Britain, but also consistently used as the basis of laws enacted by the Philippines govt (such as laws enacted in the 1960's).

(** You do not need to google such information. Go to any major and govt libraries in the Philippines, USA, Britain, and Spain, you can find the information of such treaties and the 118 degree line. Filipino people are ignoring such info. deliberately.**)

Suddenly, the Philippines reverses their policy.

But in additional to mainland China (PRC), and Taiwan/ROC, the Philippines and Vietnam, and in some locations Malaysia are competing for these islands and they also harrass the fishermen from the other side.

History and legal facts have been deliberately ignored by the Philippines and Vietnam in their disinformation campaign against China.

The abovementioned information can be easily verified by accessing materials in your major govt and university libraries if you want to.
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Doormats of the Far East, they will never rise. They are not like the other Asians.
2 Cents

Taipei, Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Snowflake wrote:
Doormats of the Far East, they will never rise. They are not like the other Asians.
I like my Filipinas lying down with their legs spread. We never should have closed down Subic. Angeles is just not as fun as before.
NationWatch

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Filipinos have double standards on the issue.
Mr. Victor Archer II pointed out the double standards, and double speaks, of Filipinos and officials.

See his article below:
==========

It belongs to China

By Manila Standard Today | Posted on April 28, 2012 | 12:01am | 383 views

By Victor N. Arches II

The Scarborough Shoal does belong to China which discovered it and drew it in a map as early as 1279 during the Yuan Dynasty. Chinese fishermen, from both the Mainland and Taiwan, have since used it. As a matter of fact, Guo Shoujing,(the Chinese astronomer, engineer and mathematician who worked under the Mongol ruler, Kublai Khan) performed surveying of the South China Sea, and the surveying point was the Scarborough Shoal which is considered part of the Zhongsha Islands (renamed Huangyan Island in 1983).

By contrast, the “old maps” being relied upon by our Department of Foreign Affairs in its spurious claim on the same territory were drawn up only in 1820, or 541 years after China’s. I am surprised that Senator Edgardo Angara—supposedly a renowned lawyer—can claim that a map drawn 5 centuries and 4 decades after, takes precedence over the much earlier map of China
But I am all the more astonished that Fr. Joaquin Bernas, in his April 22 article in another newspaper, being one of the main framers of the 1987 Constitution, uses the 1982 UN Convention on the Law of the Sea as his basis to defend the Philippine claim. This, despite and after acknowledging the fact that, indeed,“the Scarborough Shoal is OUTSIDE THE LIMITS set by the Treaty of Paris for Philippine territory.” What kind of double-speak is that?

*** Note the last sentence above:.” What kind of double-speak is that?" ***
NationWatch

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

So, what exactly was the territory we declared independence from the US in 1946? Why is it that NONE of our constitutions, past and present, from 1899, 1935, 1943, 1973, 1986 and 1987, include either the Spratlys or the Scarborough Shoal within our declared national territory? Where, or from whom, did we, all of a sudden, acquire title to these? Out of thin air?

In the late 1970s, China organized many scientific expeditions in the Shoal and around that area. In fact, in 1980, a stone marker reading “South China Sea Scientific Expedition” was installed by China on the South Rock. This Chinese marker was removed, without authority, by the Philippines in 1997.

All official maps published by the Philippines until the 1990s excluded both the Spratlys and Scarborough Shoal from its territorial boundaries. Our own Republic Act No. 3046, passed by our Congress and approved in 1961, stopped us from our claim. Yet, we had the temerity to amend this law on March 10, 2009, after 48 long years, to unilaterally include the disputed territories.
But what takes the cake is the fact that China holds three international treaties in support of its claim over the territories in question—namely, the 1898 Treaty of Paris between the US and Spain, the 1900 Treaty of Washington between Spain and the US, and the 1930 Treaty between Great Britain and the US, all limiting Philippine territorial limits to the 118th degree meridian of longitude east of Greenwich.

On the other hand, the basis of the Philippine claim is restricted to proximity, relying solely on the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea. As far as I know, a mere “convention” cannot overturn or supersede a treaty or an agreement reached between colonial powers. And even if it were considered a “law”, it cannot be made to take effect retroactively.
Whom are we fooling?

Mr. Arches is from San Juan City. He is a retired investment and merchant banker, a retired Certified Public Accountant, and a retired economist who loves to dabble in history and political science, among many other interests.
Everyman is Manila Standard Today’s new column for citizens’ commentary on pressing issues in the Philippines and in the world. Anybody who feels he or she has something of value to add to the discussion on the pertinent issue is encouraged to contribute.

Articles must be between 600 and 800 words. Please send them in MS Word or any compatible format to adellechua@gmail.com or mst.lettertotheeditor@gmail.co m
(Published in the Manila Standard Today newspaper on /2012/April/28)
NationWatch

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Note:

After this article appeared on Manila Standard Today website on April 28, 2012, Mr. Archer II was harrassed and bombarded by an avalanche of nasty phone calls and hate mail. They called him traitor.

This article existed on the Manila Standard Today website for several months.

But I checked today, it is no longer there. My search of this article by his name and keywords did not find the article.
Funny Filipino

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

They are really greedy and self-centered without respect of history and law.

Would their campaign of twisting the meaning of UNCLOS worldwide works for them.
jim

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

want to know some Filipine people.

something to learn from them for survival.
lct

Beijing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Philippine's gov fault on this issue is that they are trying to protect the corrupted officals money in usa.

however, the bigger fault laid on US gov.
for maintain their power in pacific, they ignore facts, international laws, even make threats and sometime plots to take innocent lifes, sacrified other peoples interest to benefit themselves.

by any standard of any civilized society, it is criminal behavior.
LOVE CHINA DESTROY CCP

Surrey, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

lct wrote:
Philippine's gov fault on this issue is that they are trying to protect the corrupted officals money in usa.
however, the bigger fault laid on US gov.
for maintain their power in pacific, they ignore facts, international laws, even make threats and sometime plots to take innocent lifes, sacrified other peoples interest to benefit themselves.
by any standard of any civilized society, it is criminal behavior.
Is there any thing on earth that you do NOT robotically blame on the "evil US imperialists"?

What a Chinese Communist Party CLOWN you are!

HA HA HA HA HA HA!
ex-singaporean

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

The Philippines has something else to play with this month.

They want Sabah, Malaysia - a much larger piece of land than the rocks of South China Sea.
ex-singaporean

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

But I did not expect that they were so violent. They sent 200 to 300 gunmen into Sabah and killed quite a few policemen and villagers.

They also milated of the bodies. Crazy!
ex-singaporean

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Found one more post by someone named "Peter"

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/T2TONULTA42C...

President (of the Philippines) Aquino's Blunders Regarding UNCLOS

That shows that Pinoys have deliberately twisted the meaning of the conventions and use it in their global anti-China badmouthing campaign.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
China criticises Japan's move to expand... 2 hr SHlTWOMNISSINDEBD... 217
Chinese people what do you feel about India? (Aug '10) 4 hr epep 914
The China connection: new book reveals Khmer Ro... (Feb '14) 5 hr McQ 111
Asian Light Skin Color DIFFERENT From Whites (Nov '10) 6 hr McQ 60
Japanese government honours war criminals again 9 hr SHlTWOMNISSINDEBD... 2
world look down upon China (Jan '13) 12 hr Henry 83
Cow Dung is Jim Em (Aug '11) 17 hr McQ 22

Search the China Forum:
•••